The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

Here are some morning glories for you 6' chain-link fence & a10 ' 2x2
There are only 2 plants in among the cucumbers
IMG_1996.JPG
IMG_1995.JPG

I love morning glorys. The color of yours is beautiful.
I was surprised to them show up with my Hostas out front of the house a few years ago. I never planted any seeds or anything. Probably came in from a bird or something. Mine are a pinkish and light blues. They are gradually spreading out.

Good morning from Oregon. We are having early spring weather in my area also. I thank you for posting your lovely garden photos, i adore nature. I had a small 1 1/2acre place for over 30yrs on a river. Loads of rhodies and azaleas very forested. Wild flowers are coming on now in April we have a Wildflower show at a small community center been doing it for many many years. I now live in town with a good size yard i garden in raised beds, brick planters kinda new to me getting use to the different soils and warmer temps. Gotta pay for water now LOL i used to get it free.

20190825_084738.jpg

20190718_065358.jpg

20170714_065852.jpg

20200321_131017[1936].jpg

20200321_131318.jpg

IMG_20210416_093503094_HDR  april.jpg

Good morning from Oregon. We are having early spring weather in my area also. I thank you for posting your lovely garden photos, i adore nature. I had a small 1 1/2acre place for over 30yrs on a river. Loads of rhodies and azaleas very forested. Wild flowers are coming on now in April we have a Wildflower show at a small community center been doing it for many many years. I now live in town with a good size yard i garden in raised beds, brick planters kinda new to me getting use to the different soils and warmer temps. Gotta pay for water now LOL i used to get it free.

20190825_084738.jpg

20190718_065358.jpg

20170714_065852.jpg

20200321_131017[1936].jpg

20200321_131318.jpg

IMG_20210416_093503094_HDR  april.jpg
Beautiful garden! Azaleas are one of my favorite flowers.
We are experiencing strangely warm temps here right now, almost all of the snow is gone. Good to see sunshine, but I'm not letting myself think winter is over. LOL
We look forward to more of your photos. It helps keep spring thoughts for sure!

Didn't you just plant those recently? I would be excited too.

Petunia only take 4-5 days under ideal conditions
The lizzys take 21 day & you can hardly see them for a month after Those are the tough ones
Sometime the dbl purple angle trumpets need to go thru hot cold cycles

Petunia only take 4-5 days under ideal conditions
The lizzys take 21 day & you can hardly see them for a month after Those are the tough ones
Sometime the dbl purple angle trumpets need to go thru hot cold cycles
I have a tough time planting anything new here. The rabbits aren't the problem, it's the danged deer. Every morning, every evening, in they trample to nip off every new shoot of anything front yard and back.
When I do my outdoor grow for the weed plants, it's going to be in a corral that the deer can't get into.

I have a tough time planting anything new here. The rabbits aren't the problem, it's the danged deer. Every morning, every evening, in they trample to nip off every new shoot of anything front yard and back.
When I do my outdoor grow for the weed plants, it's going to be in a corral that the deer can't get into.
I'd do autos again but after the 2 legged deer got my plant, I'm a bit apprehensive

I gotta wonder......I know Turkeys will eat mushrooms, I've seen them do it. They're stupid birds anyway, so it wouldn't be much fun to watch....but it would be awesome if some of those magic mushroom substrates I threw out at the edge of the woods produced fruit. Let the deer nibble on those! That I would love to watch. LOL

I gotta wonder......I know Turkeys will eat mushrooms, I've seen them do it. They're stupid birds anyway, so it wouldn't be much fun to watch....but it would be awesome if some of those magic mushroom substrates I threw out at the edge of the woods produced fruit. Let the deer nibble on those! That I would love to watch. LOL
I think being wild animals, use to foraging in the bush they have a sense of what to eat & what not to eat ( I'm sure the buck sends out a tester first) haha
I don't think the deer would eat the angle trumpets (being poisonous) also they give of a bitter stink
Do they eat the morning glories ?

I think being wild animals, use to foraging in the bush they have a sense of what to eat & what not to eat ( I'm sure the buck sends out a tester first) haha
I don't think the deer would eat the angle trumpets (being poisonous) also they give of a bitter stink
Do they eat the morning glories ?
Nothing has eaten the morning glories, or the surprise Trumpet vines that showed up here last year. We will see what they do this year. They are out here twice a day right now, coming right up to the deck and the front windows. They do not fear me......yet. LOL

I can't wait to see the migrating Wood Ducks on the pond. Spring fever....it's real.

Wood Duck on water.jpg

Beautiful! Mallards are returning around here, too.
Took this picture on a river nearby during one of my recent work travels. Oh yeah happy 420!

IMG_20240224_090819.jpg

Spring planting is under way everything I planted is coming up so far except the lemon balm is poor so tossed some more seeds in
IMG_5541.JPG

lisianthus are coming up
IMG_5542.JPG

Planted these testers on Jan. 15
2nd transplant
IMG_5536.JPG
IMG_5537.JPG

Spring planting is under way everything I planted is coming up so far except the lemon balm is poor so tossed some more seeds in
IMG_5541.JPG

lisianthus are coming up
IMG_5542.JPG

Planted these testers on Jan. 15
2nd transplant
IMG_5536.JPG
IMG_5537.JPG
Oooooh, that looks like fun! I have some yellow day lily's started indoors too. Waiting to see some shoots. I have no idea how long they take. It's a wing it and hope! LOL

Back
Top Bottom