The Joy Of Growing - SweetSue Goes Perpetual

I took the time to give everyone their Brix foliar. Carnival was looking particularly beautiful.

image33920.jpg

image33921.jpg

Look at the growth going on inside the White Widow (Day 46)!

image33922.jpg

She's only at her halfway point. :laughtwo:

Things are holding nicely. No complaints.

image33923.jpg

Sue- You probably posted your brownie recipe, but I've been unable to keep up with all my journals. Can you point me to it? TY

Timer is reset. Still buzzzzzzing right along. My daughter's here regaling me with tales of the church John Oliver set up and my sides hurt. I laugh more when properly medicated. :rofl:

Sue- You probably posted your brownie recipe, but I've been unable to keep up with all my journals. Can you point me to it? TY

Lately I stumbled onto this mix and I haven't looked back Major. I melt a stick of butter in a sauce pan, toss in the powdered buds, stir and simmer just below boiling for about 10 minutes. Smells divine! :blushsmile: Then I add a splash of vegetable oil (about 1/8 cup, I don't measure), two TBS of water, the brownie mix and two eggs. Beat it all up and toss into a buttered pan. The butter parts of this recipe aren't to be messed with. No cheating. It's tasty meds we're going for here and butter isn't going to be what kills you.

image33929.jpg

My mother once told me that people who say they can't tell the difference between the taste of butter and margarine (ugh!) should have to eat margarine for the rest of their lives. One of those things I never forgot. Thankfully, my mother never bought into the scams on butter or eggs, two of my favorite foods.

Back to the brownies. If you're a fan of caramel, this is the box mix for you. That's just the right touch of caramel chewy sweetness to help offset the taste of the cannabis. I think it's important that this be whole plant material. My brownies are as much food as meds buried in a treat. Large eggs of a respectable quality (I look for rich, golden yolks), real butter, good vegetable oil, lots of plant material. Food, not junk food.

Here's the link to my scratch Buttery Brownies Recipe.

image21865.jpg

Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL - LED

image21850.jpg

You have excellent cause to have fallen behind. It's a very forgiving community, in my experience. I've resigned to the impossibility of ever catching up in an ever-expanding neighborhood. I now look on my inability to keep up with the numbers of interesting people I've met here as a good thing. Good for the world at large. Frustrating for me, but only if I allow it to be. An important lesson in life.

You're making us proud Major. :hug: :love:

I've modified that recipe to simmer the herb in the butter in the same way I did with the box recipe.

Ahhhh....
Back at ya :passitleft:

Here's the link to my scratch Buttery Brownies Recipe.

. . . . . .

This is what I was looking for.:thanks:
One qusetion "crumbled everything up nice and fine" What is your prefered way to do such magic?
I have a grinder that doesn't get much use I was thinking of that.
Now I have to find something me Missus will like to eat, she doesn't share my sweet tooth.
Hmmmm

:yummy:

This is what I was looking for.:thanks:
One qusetion "crumbled everything up nice and fine" What is your prefered way to do such magic?
I have a grinder that doesn't get much use I was thinking of that.
Now I have to find something me Missus will like to eat, she doesn't share my sweet tooth.
Hmmmm

:yummy:

The idea of leaving trichomes in the grinder bugs the hell out of me and I've yet to use mine. I do it old school. I start by decarbing the buds, whole or broken apart, it matters not. 225 degrees F for 30 minutes. This makes them easier to crumble too. Let them cool for about 10 minutes (take them off the hot baking dish) and roll them between the palms, using the thumb and index finger to work pieces even smaller.

I'm very tactile when I cook. I'm always reminded of Nigella Lawson. :battingeyelashes:

When I'm done I lick the residue from my hands and fingers. Because it's been decarbed it's all psychoactive. Further method to my madness. :yahoo:

You have excellent cause to have fallen behind. It's a very forgiving community, in my experience. I've resigned to the impossibility of ever catching up in an ever-expanding neighborhood. I now look on my inability to keep up with the numbers of interesting people I've met here as a good thing. Good for the world at large. Frustrating for me, but only if I allow it to be. An important lesson in life.

I have to say this is just probably one of my favorite things I have come across in a long while. I am new to growing and to the 420 Mag community. I post updates in my little journal which seems to get a few views here and there but no one really posts in it. I realize that the more I show love in other peoples journals the more people will check out mine. In the attempt to get to know this community I find myself effortlessly trying to catch up on journals with 104 pages haha. I realize how busy life can really be and how much work it can be to even just stay up to date on a couple grow journals. I stopped being discouraged by the lack of comments in my journals because I realized how much work it is to maintain your own journal and just live a regular everyday life. I dont know my point anymore, I'm just rambling at this point :tokin:

Anyway just a great outlook and mentality. Ill definitely be watching! I am very interested in high brix and maybe after enough watching it and enough convincing that it isn't as complicated as it looks, I might be interested in trying it out!

I have to say this is just probably one of my favorite things I have come across in a long while. I am new to growing and to the 420 Mag community. I post updates in my little journal which seems to get a few views here and there but no one really posts in it. I realize that the more I show love in other peoples journals the more people will check out mine. In the attempt to get to know this community I find myself effortlessly trying to catch up on journals with 104 pages haha. I realize how busy life can really be and how much work it can be to even just stay up to date on a couple grow journals. I stopped being discouraged by the lack of comments in my journals because I realized how much work it is to maintain your own journal and just live a regular everyday life. I dont know my point anymore, I'm just rambling at this point :tokin:

Anyway just a great outlook and mentality. Ill definitely be watching! I am very interested in high brix and maybe after enough watching it and enough convincing that it isn't as complicated as it looks, I might be interested in trying it out!

Hi Buddrummer!

I've seen you make a few comments are here before. And I like what you have to say. I would love to follow a journal of yours. To make it easier for others to find you, consider posting the link to your journal in your signature. So, everyone can see it and weigh in.

Take care Drummer!

I post updates in my little journal which seems to get a few views here and there but no one really posts in it.

Hey Bud-
Add a link to your journal in your signature. It might help and it couldn't hurt. I was going to take a look (since I like to hit drums on occasion), but didn't have that instant gratification of clicking on "BudDrummer's most excellent grow journal".
:high-five:

It does indeed take time and energy to keep up with an active journal BD. Thank you for the compliment. We do have a delightful time here. Good company, always.

I've already jumped over to your journal and subbed on. It looks to be a good grow, and now you'll have a bit more company to keep track of. Feel free to stop here and ramble anytime. We like ramblers here too.

BudDrummer, no one expects you to try to catch up here. I encourage you to jump right into real time with us. There's too much back there and we'd rather we got to know you than have you catch up on history. If it's important, we'll cover it again.

image33935.jpg

It's been 9 hours and I just cut into the second slice. It appears I hit that dose almost right on target. Breaking it up like this I found it wearing off after 4 hours. If I take a full slice in the morning it carries me the entire 8-9 hours as an edible. I don't know about you, but I find that pretty damned impressive.

So it looks like I do have a higher tolerance than the Wizard or the Chimp. Who would have guessed? Certainly not me. :laughtwo:

Oh Snap! What the heck are those techs doing now! Not only have they not repaired the "Like" situation yet but they have the "share" links right next to the like button and I can't turn them off; one slip of the finger and BAM! The last thing most of us want to do is accidentally share our grows. It's not like we all live in one of those blessed states.

Rico Suavay, Help... :helpsmilie::surrender::helpsmilie::surrender::helpsmilie::surrender:

Back
Top Bottom