The New Autoflower Topping Thread

I would be interested in it too. But what is the advantage of Fimming vs topping? I have a big knowledge gap with this stuff!
Fimming is where you remove 80% of flower or top. Then it splits into four stems branches or multi. Topping splits it two go two main colas. You can top every new node after fourth node from bottom.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey y'all! I'm at day 14 with a Fastbud GSC auto right now and have been trying to decide whether to give her the snip or not, but after reading this thread I am going to bite the bullet and go for it . it's my first grow too so I have been very nervous and excited pretty much everyday . this fear on what I'm about to do tops it tho ( see what I did there ) fingers crossed she bounces back stronger! Will post some pics after the deed is done, wish me luck! Also cheers to all you lovely 420 peeps, I don't think I would have made it even this far in my grow without the great info I have read on here! Best site ever!!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey y'all! I'm at day 14 with a Fastbud GSC auto right now and have been trying to decide whether to give her the snip or not, but after reading this thread I am going to bite the bullet and go for it . it's my first grow too so I have been very nervous and excited pretty much everyday . this fear on what I'm about to do tops it tho ( see what I did there ) fingers crossed she bounces back stronger! Will post some pics after the deed is done, wish me luck! Also cheers to all you lovely 420 peeps, I don't think I would have made it even this far in my grow without the great info I have read on here! Best site ever!!!

Hi Dank,

I'm sure that you'll "do it your way" :rofl:

I'm also sure you've seen this pic but, just in case, I'll post it again. this is one of my topped autos from my current grow. When you top, make sure you don't touch the new growth that will be the 2 tops. If you "can't help yourself" and try to fim and go for "The 4 Tops"...."baby she'll need your lovin" cuz that's a tough shot to make.

Capture161.JPG

.. well played schtiggy. I have seen that pic but thanks for posting again, always good to have a double check before the op! It's not quite there yet I think so I'm going to give it another day or two to be safe. Even the thought of doing it makes me nervous . I think I'll have to have a do-be-do-be-dooo before to calm myself...

Completely right :) I've tried.....I've tried and I've failed. To me, a much better option is to top and LST. If you LST early and correctly you can end up with dozens of tops.
So it's growing right I'm lsting them down into soil. They get multi buds coming you top those ? Meh I'll Google more.

Hi Dank,

I'm also sure you've seen this pic but, just in case, I'll post it again. this is one of my topped autos from my current grow. When you top, make sure you don't touch the new growth that will be the 2 tops. If you "can't help yourself" and try to fim and go for "The 4 Tops"...."baby she'll need your lovin" cuz that's a tough shot to make.

Capture161.JPG
Thanks for pic.

Also question git the new sour jack strain from crop king. I planted them on November 19th when should I expect them done? I thought they were candy cane auto s. I'll be getting free candy canes auto resent. As just got confirmation mine are sour jack. So need help with knowing what week of flowering they would be on? Cheers green thumb fam!

So it's growing right I'm lsting them down into soil. They get multi buds coming you top those ? Meh I'll Google more.

With autos, my opinion is to only top once, at the main. I then use pipe cleaners to slowly pull down the main side branches (there will usually be 8 of them if you top after the 3rd set of true leaves) until they are running flat, or close to parallel with the soil. it usually take a few days for me to get them laid flat as I don't want to break them. Then the new growth that comes (above each fan leaf) will grow up into a new top. The trick is to keep any single branch from achieving apical dominance. The best result will come if you can keep them pretty much all the same height. Shorter plants require less energy to feed the buds, so to LST and try to keep an even canopy will help use more energy for bud production.

Sweet, should I cut at the newest node or down one or two.
If I didn't ask I would probably do a node down...

Hello all, today is day 15 for my northern lights auto girls. My first grow. In a day or two i'll top them. So that leaves 3 sets of true leaves with 2 opportunities each for stem growth. Do these stems produce more than one cola? Also concerning lst, after topping do I start laying her down or do I just manage the new stems for optimum light penetration? Or both? So much to understand learn! So grateful to you good people!

Sweet, should I cut at the newest node or down one or two.
If I didn't ask I would probably do a node down...

You can as long as it's after third node . They say not to top until third set of nodes. But your good to go. I'd you want I'd go back one or top where that next set it coming .

Hi Dank,

Capture161.JPG

Went for it today and pretty pleased with results but suppose it's all about how she/they react! Ended up doing two plants ( out of 4 ) second one I topped today is a Green Crack Fastbuds auto. Also started them on some bio bizz bloom with a bit of root grow in there too so fingers crossed they bounce back quickly. I'm hoping the difference in a few days will be like "night and day" and worst case scenario they end up dying on me well I guess "that's life" but I'm pretty sure "the best is yet to come" .

Back
Top Bottom