The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Initial quad-lines set. How did I do?
IMG_2352.JPG
IMG_2354.JPG
IMG_2355.JPG
IMG_2356.JPG

That said, I'm no expert. But I am well read. ;)

Also, it's hard to see in the pictures, but be sure you have a slight upward angle on the stems, not dead flat. The OP suggested at least 10% I believe. But they look good!

That said, I'm no expert. But I am well read. ;)

Also, it's hard to see in the pictures, but be sure you have a slight upward angle on the stems, not dead flat. The OP suggested at least 10% I believe. But they look good!
Noted. I backed off of making them too flat I think.

I'm really wanting to try a quadline. I'm on the fence about which plant to choose. But while I'm waiting, they are getting taller. LOL.

I'll hopefully make a decision soon and post some pics.

Great job on yours @DeeBoy and thanks @Azimuth for being around and offering advice.

I'm really wanting to try a quadline. I'm on the fence about which plant to choose. But while I'm waiting, they are getting taller. LOL.

I'll hopefully make a decision soon and post some pics.

Great job on yours @DeeBoy and thanks @Azimuth for being around and offering advice.
If you quad line and train the canopies out then they can get quite large, if you have the space then just do both!
I imagine if the aim is to spread the buds flat to maximise the amount of sunshine then best to do it sooner than later. But if you're tent growing then you'll have consider the space available. The one in my avatar pic was a total of 2 feet tall but quite wide.

But if you're tent growing then you'll have consider the space available. The one in my avatar pic was a total of 2 feet tall but quite wide.
I was planning on doing some LST and supercropping on my outdoor plant. The quadline, I want to try in the tent. I have about 4.5 ft of height that I can work with. The total tent height is 6 ft. I would like to give myself plenty of room between the tops and the lights. I don't think I need to worry yet but I will soon. Need to make a decision. I'm trying a few other methods too though. That's why I'd like to dedicate one of the plants to a quadline. I'd like to learn which method(s) I prefer.

Day 37: I guess they are getting to the place where I should leave them alone mostly. Watered them all 2/3 nutes. Why 2/3? Because it’s been recommended to me to use 1/4 or 1/2 or full or as much as you can til then burn the tips and back off… I went with 2/3. Is this plant what you would call the edge of the pot?
5C9748FD-E8A3-4FC0-9077-730B7991A9AF.jpeg

Day 37: I guess they are getting to the place where I should leave them alone mostly. Watered them all 2/3 nutes. Why 2/3? Because it’s been recommended to me to use 1/4 or 1/2 or full or as much as you can til then burn the tips and back off… I went with 2/3. Is this plant what you would call the edge of the pot?
5C9748FD-E8A3-4FC0-9077-730B7991A9AF.jpeg
I go full strength from start to finish & I’ve had great results. I flush with sledgehammer every 4th week between feedings. I’ve had slightly burned tips on my best grows. @Emilya encouraged me to fertilize like a boss & she’s right. Don’t be afraid to feed them, but keep track of it. There are ways to correct any mistakes you make…

Wow!

Logged in for the first time in ages and surprised to see this thread still alive and kicking! Glad to see a lot of people still having great success with Quadlining.
Pleased to meet you sir. You have inspired my 1st grow greatly! It's coming along nicely thanks to this thread!

Hi all! First time grower here, did a fuck tonne of reading before planting, and found out about mainlining/manifolding/quadlining, so I decided to try it out on my first grow. Shoutout to all the contributors to this thread!. Reading through this and looking at all the photos really helped me out. I feel like I've wanted to grow cannabis since I was 13, I'm 33 now loll. This is one of the few upsides (with caveats of course) to legality here in Canada. Anyways, thought I'd share some of my grow with y'all, here goes:

Grow Details
Strain:
Zkittlez from Coastal Mary Seeds
Current Week: Week 7 veg, day 45
Medium: Gaia Green Organic Living Soil
Nutrients: Gaia Green All Purpose & Bloom dry fertilizers
Container Size: 10 gallon
Environment: Indoor
Tent: Spider Farmer 2x2x5 w/ 4 inch inline fan + carbon filter, and fan blowing at canopy
Light: Spider Farmer SF-1000, 100w
Additional Inputs: - Pre-amended soil with some karanja cake, neem cake, kelp from my pantry that I blitzed up into a powder/meal, and malted barley powder as per the ClackamasCoots recipe.
- Alternate foliar feeding with a liquid DIY kelp extract (basically, a kobmbu dashi for you food heads), and a lacto + wild yeast culture I brewed up from some lactobacillus brevis I had lying around from my homebrew days + some sourdough starter culture I sourced from a friend. *Interesting sidenote* Can't get rid of the residual lactic acid bacteria living in my foliar sprayer. I also used it as my liquid kelp sprayer, and the bacteria consistently ferments out butyric acid (BA), which smells foul as hell. Upon a quick google search, looks like indole-3-butyric acid (IBA) is an auxin, but I don't know whether that matches the BA in my sprayer. Doesn't seem to be harming the plant at all though.
- DIY'd a insecticidal chili pepper soap.
- Alternating waterings with tap water, coconut water, and black strap molasses diluted in water.

Topped at node 5, and cleaned node 2 & 1 at the end of wk 4:
2021-06-27_08-54-45.jpg

Growth at wk 5:
2021-06-29_10-32-04.jpg

2021-07-03_08-04-53.jpg

Didn't even have to stake her down for the first week or so of training:
2021-07-04_07-59-09.jpg

Growth at wk 6:

2021-07-07_07-46-45.jpg

A lil canopy trim and leaf tucking:
2021-07-09_08-30-04.jpg

Growth, post-tuck:
2021-07-10_08-49-30.jpg

Yesterday's trim, beautiful symmetry!:
IMG_3122.jpg

This morning:

IMG_3125.jpg

Thanks again everyone!

Hi all! First time grower here, did a fuck tonne of reading before planting, and found out about mainlining/manifolding/quadlining, so I decided to try it out on my first grow. Shoutout to all the contributors to this thread!. Reading through this and looking at all the photos really helped me out. I feel like I've wanted to grow cannabis since I was 13, I'm 33 now loll. This is one of the few upsides (with caveats of course) to legality here in Canada. Anyways, thought I'd share some of my grow with y'all, here goes:

Grow Details
Strain:
Zkittlez from Coastal Mary Seeds
Current Week: Week 7 veg, day 45
Medium: Gaia Green Organic Living Soil
Nutrients: Gaia Green All Purpose & Bloom dry fertilizers
Container Size: 10 gallon
Environment: Indoor
Tent: Spider Farmer 2x2x5 w/ 4 inch inline fan + carbon filter, and fan blowing at canopy
Light: Spider Farmer SF-1000, 100w
Additional Inputs: - Pre-amended soil with some karanja cake, neem cake, kelp from my pantry that I blitzed up into a powder/meal, and malted barley powder as per the ClackamasCoots recipe.
- Alternate foliar feeding with a liquid DIY kelp extract (basically, a kobmbu dashi for you food heads), and a lacto + wild yeast culture I brewed up from some lactobacillus brevis I had lying around from my homebrew days + some sourdough starter culture I sourced from a friend. *Interesting sidenote* Can't get rid of the residual lactic acid bacteria living in my foliar sprayer. I also used it as my liquid kelp sprayer, and the bacteria consistently ferments out butyric acid (BA), which smells foul as hell. Upon a quick google search, looks like indole-3-butyric acid (IBA) is an auxin, but I don't know whether that matches the BA in my sprayer. Doesn't seem to be harming the plant at all though.
- DIY'd a insecticidal chili pepper soap.
- Alternating waterings with tap water, coconut water, and black strap molasses diluted in water.

Topped at node 5, and cleaned node 2 & 1 at the end of wk 4:
2021-06-27_08-54-45.jpg

Growth at wk 5:
2021-06-29_10-32-04.jpg

2021-07-03_08-04-53.jpg

Didn't even have to stake her down for the first week or so of training:
2021-07-04_07-59-09.jpg

Growth at wk 6:

2021-07-07_07-46-45.jpg

A lil canopy trim and leaf tucking:
2021-07-09_08-30-04.jpg

Growth, post-tuck: