Time for one but not the other?

Thirvnrob

These were born on the same day - the one with white pistols has been a rock star from day one & is about 6” taller, but today, the leaves suddenly yellowed. By the calendar, we were planning to harvest the day after thanksgiving, but one of them looks ready to me. This is Purple Kush in 6th week of flowering by two first timers...

E25B8D53-3759-4075-A1C5-F2C7D2F0EC5F.jpeg

534FDDCF-192C-4511-89C3-82724631173F.jpeg

BC9F00F3-F876-4746-B271-2562F412B73A.jpeg

6131C7A7-0921-43DD-B512-4308994CF1A5.jpeg

They’re there - the details are hard to capture with my phone...
You need to get a loop or digital microscope to look at the trich's, you can find one for around 30 bucks US on the net. Also what Dwight Monk said white pistils need to shrivel and change color...

Not ready on the pics of plants that were shown. Yes, of course the trichs are there - but if you can’t see them well enough to judge ripeness for harvest - then neither can we.

The pistils are an external indicator of ripeness but the best harvest data is gleaned by close up examination of the color and swell of the heads of the trich glands themselves. When to chop is based on personal preference as they change from clear to cloudy to amber. Agree with Dwight & Vegan. The only way to see them is loupe, mini microscope or smartphone app called magnifyer

forget the calendar - plants can’t read it anyway and if they could they still don’t grow according to your scheduling system. breeder estimates are given to the early side of the harvest window, most proficient growers know that achieving ripeness takes a few to several weeks beyond breeders estimates to get there

Not ready on the pics of plants that were shown. Yes, of course the trichs are there - but if you can’t see them well enough to judge ripeness for harvest - then neither can we.

The pistils are an external indicator of ripeness but the best harvest data is gleaned by close up examination of the color and swell of the heads of the trich glands themselves. When to chop is based on personal preference as they change from clear to cloudy to amber. Agree with Dwight & Vegan. The only way to see them is loupe, mini microscope or smartphone app called magnifyer

forget the calendar - plants can’t read it anyway and if they could they still don’t grow according to your scheduling system. breeder estimates are given to the early side of the harvest window, most proficient growers know that achieving ripeness takes a few to several weeks beyond breeders estimates to get there
Thanks for the replies. Here’s a better pic

01F07B39-E992-4155-B1FF-DA982BA7E941.jpeg

Still need magnification...

Ok too fuzzy or out of focus, but getting close. Snip a small piece of calyx carry it to the table and prop your phone for stability. On some devices you can tap the screen to focus on a certain part - usually best to tap center of screen to get zoom proportions right

Forget sugar leaves and fan leaves... look at your calyxes, not trying to be a hard ass but I can’t see in your pics well enough to determine ripeness - I wouldn’t chop based on incomplete info. It’s gradual ripening too not all go from clear to cloudy at once or from cloudy to amber, it’s more of a percentages thing

the good news is.... you've got shit tons of trichs, that part looks great!!!

I’m also concerned about the other plant. I broke a stalk a few days ago - tied it up to another stalk, but now the leaves are starting to yellow. Not sure what if anything to do.

image.jpg

These were born on the same day - the one with white pistols has been a rock star from day one & is about 6” taller, but today, the leaves suddenly yellowed. By the calendar, we were planning to harvest the day after thanksgiving, but one of them looks ready to me. This is Purple Kush in 6th week of flowering by two first timers...

E25B8D53-3759-4075-A1C5-F2C7D2F0EC5F.jpeg

534FDDCF-192C-4511-89C3-82724631173F.jpeg

BC9F00F3-F876-4746-B271-2562F412B73A.jpeg

6131C7A7-0921-43DD-B512-4308994CF1A5.jpeg
I am also new but have some plants maybe a week ahead. I would suggest waiting a week or two, I have heard (but not had the experience yet) that 63-70 days is the sweet spot for most growers. Check your trichomes carefully!

Beautiful ladies!

Those yellow leaves are sign of senescence, the plant is nearing the end and she’s stealing nutes stored in the fan leaves. Looks good, keep feeding, no flushing, no sense starving a gilr while she finishes up

Might be good to invest in a usb digital microscope or pocket scope or use that app and snip a calyx move to table then prop phone for stability

Ok too fuzzy or out of focus, but getting close. Snip a small piece of calyx carry it to the table and prop your phone for stability. On some devices you can tap the screen to focus on a certain part - usually best to tap center of screen to get zoom proportions right

Forget sugar leaves and fan leaves... look at your calyxes, not trying to be a hard ass but I can’t see in your pics well enough to determine ripeness - I wouldn’t chop based on incomplete info. It’s gradual ripening too not all go from clear to cloudy at once or from cloudy to amber, it’s more of a percentages thing

Took these today - got a digital microscope & still on the learning curve for getting good shots, but they’re a little better...
7F62F72F-C854-4AEE-B67C-364B2D180117.jpeg

CF0E70F0-FC61-4BD2-A089-C612BAA712E6.jpeg

2B5FDA5B-B35B-4DF3-8C8C-CFC249CCF7A8.jpeg

C8495AA2-873F-4A86-89DA-6970238EABD8.jpeg

E7032748-5E11-41E5-B8DC-FF48D4378DA8.jpeg

82B81C83-DCBA-4DA1-9780-73C55EDEA7B7.jpeg

Took these today - got a digital microscope & still on the learning curve for getting good shots, but they’re a little better...
7F62F72F-C854-4AEE-B67C-364B2D180117.jpeg

Wow yes - good pics! She’s moving forward, wont be much longer. Now you can see the trichs and know what to look for, plus scope will help with pest or mite eggs.
Thanks for the help. I had anticipated chopping this weekend & stopped feeding 5 days ago & have already been flushing. Should I go back to feeding?

Back
Top Bottom