Tony Sussan's Sealed Sea Of Green!

Well Doc you kind of gotta put things in perspective. More plants will use more co2. But and its a big but. Once you see the crazy mofo growth you can get in a day with your environment dialed in and the addition of co2 it becomes a no brainer. If you can grow so much quicker particulalry in veg then you make savings in power per harvest and run more crops per year. If you are worried about the cost of running co2 do what i did and switch your light schedule to the GLR method and save yourself 5 hours of lighting your garden with 1000watt lights and also have 5 hours less of co2 running. Same growth in my experience and as a bonus plants hit flowering so much quicker. Read up on it it might be a good compromise for you.

Stay tuned guys i got some more updates coming! Been a busy time in the garden and a few changes have been made ;)

Amazing setup Tony!! Very jealous i wish i had that space, you and Jon are making me dribble!

Read your whole thread sounds like you know whats going down ;)

Those LED's look amazing.. how much and where you get em from? they have the veg white light toggle too :)
Mine has white aswell ,but in regards to opening up my unit and removing the power to the red and blue im scared i will break it - no switch unfortunately.

Well Doc you kind of gotta put things in perspective. More plants will use more co2. But and its a big but. Once you see the crazy mofo growth you can get in a day with your environment dialed in and the addition of co2 it becomes a no brainer. If you can grow so much quicker particulalry in veg then you make savings in power per harvest and run more crops per year. If you are worried about the cost of running co2 do what i did and switch your light schedule to the GLR method and save yourself 5 hours of lighting your garden with 1000watt lights and also have 5 hours less of co2 running. Same growth in my experience and as a bonus plants hit flowering so much quicker. Read up on it it might be a good compromise for you.

Stay tuned guys i got some more updates coming! Been a busy time in the garden and a few changes have been made ;)

I'm not sure if my powerbox even has the functions for GLR. I have read about it and I've heard mixed reviews. I think at least the first time with so many other variables to deal with already I'll stick to what I know. Thanks for the tip though, I do really like the idea of saving power.

Hey bro:)I have a quick question for you.Im sealing my room, the peer pressure was to much lol...does the scrubber serve any purpose other than odor? should I be scrubbing the air now in veg?

Hey Jon, I have found the scrubber does odor as you would expect but i also believe in a sealed room it also cleans the air to help prevent it getting stale. I just push my scrubbed air with a 8in can fan max (900 cfm i think) into both my veg chamber and my flower room. It also helps to circulate the air and keep temps stable. Hope that answered the question :cheesygrinsmiley:

Oh yeah so glad to hear you gonna try running sealed mate. Thats just tops in my book :goodjob:

Amazing setup Tony!! Very jealous i wish i had that space, you and Jon are making me dribble!

Read your whole thread sounds like you know whats going down ;)

Those LED's look amazing.. how much and where you get em from? they have the veg white light toggle too :)
Mine has white aswell ,but in regards to opening up my unit and removing the power to the red and blue im scared i will break it - no switch unfortunately.

Hey Bushy nice to have you here mate!
LED lights are from a company who has had issues with :420: in the past so i dont really wanna talk about em too much. They dont actually have a swith to change spectrum of the lights. I think you might be seeing the whitish light in the pics which was from me actually adjusting my white balance in the camera so i could show colours better. If you are interested i can pm you the company and you can read about the lights. They have an agent in sydney who is a top bloke to deal with and keeps spare parts etc on hand! They not cheap but i have been so happy with em!

I'm not sure if my powerbox even has the functions for GLR. I have read about it and I've heard mixed reviews. I think at least the first time with so many other variables to deal with already I'll stick to what I know. Thanks for the tip though, I do really like the idea of saving power.

I understand Doc! KISS principle :thumb:. I honestly believe once you dialed in it would be worth considering just for the power savings. Not sure how much you have read about it here on 420 but plenty of growers have actually used this light schedule and rave about it and what it does for there plants. Kepp in mind these guys are experienced growers who have tested it and not just acting on misheld beliefs or ignorrant mindsets. I also read all sorts of dumb shit about inducing hermies and such other crap. This is a vegging light schedule not flowering and works so damn well in my and others experience that i believe if most people at least tried it then most would not even consider going back to 18/6 or 24.
Loving your input Doc so i hope you dont think i am being a bit pushy or anything. I have just learned so many new things from :420: and its members that i have basically changed the way i grow in this room compared to my efforts in the past. My eyes have been opened and if i can give just one other member some good advice and help them then i cant ask for any more than that!
:circle-of-love:

I also go with the GLR, not sure what you meant by not being able to do it Dr, any timer can be switched to use this method. It's up to you in the end, I just wanted you to know its another option, that will save money, and in my opinion, give better growth in veg.

I also go with the GLR, not sure what you meant by not being able to do it Dr, any timer can be switched to use this method. It's up to you in the end, I just wanted you to know its another option, that will save money, and in my opinion, give better growth in veg.

I get what it is and how it works and all that. I know all about GLR. What I was saying is that my powerbox(the thing that drives all my lights) might not have the programming functions to support it even if I wanted to do it. Then again it may, I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet.

Ok Peeps so here we are with another update. Finally found time to get some pics and get them uploaded and then the time to sit and type this up :cheesygrinsmiley:
Few changes from my lsat few updates. First up bubble cloner has gone. Just does not work in my environment. Bummer!
Clones were just sitting there doing nothing and was not very user friendly for me with having a noisy ass air pump that i could not keep quite no matter what. Needless to say i have gone back to my good old rockwool cubes so hopefully i can still produce enough clones to keep my perpetual running smoothly. I have never run a grow where i have had to rely on a fairly large number of clones before and at the moment it really seems to be the bottleneck in my system. I am now using an electric propagator with the rockwool and currently have 27 cuttings in there as of Sunday Nov 4th. Mothers are growing really well and i am having to constantly hack em back. They just have such insane growth.
10th_November_veg2.JPG

10th_November_veg.JPG

Pics are worth a thousand words eh! :thumb:

The 2 reject mums i put into flower on the 29th of October are looking really well. 12 days in flower and it looks like stretch may of slowed up somewhat. This GLR is fantastic works so well for vegging and has really helped once flowering is induced. Flowers are forming nicely and quickly now after only 12 days! I have continued to feed em with canna nutes @ 1.6ec ph 6 and they seem to be lovin it. I also introduced bloom booster once the lights turned (thats some expensive shit guys!). Next day or two i am anticipating upping the feed schedule.
10th_November_flower.JPG

10th_November_flower2.JPG
10th_November_flower7.JPG

10th_November_flower5.JPG
10th_November_flower4.JPG

Hopefully u can get an idea of the devlopment of the buds guys. That sative dominant plant is just throwing out flowers everywhere and also has the tallest cola. Not sure if i should try and bring it down somewhat but am willing to listen to suggestions :thumb:

Nearly forgot ot mention that the 6 clones i had in small hempy cups were transplanted into 2l hempies on the 4th and have shot up and are almost at 25cm tall or 10in. Tmorrow i think they will hit the flower room. All 6 of them are from the mum on the right in the pics of the veg cabinet.

Cheers for reading guys and dont be afraid to offer any suggestions! This is my first grow in this room so will listen to all suggestions!

Keep em green!

Man you gotta be happy with those!! - with the sativa mums the only thing i would do is bend the main shoots downwards. This method helps concentrate growth lower down, i got a feeling they are gonna stretch sh!tloads!

The white russian is a ak47/white widow. Apaarently it does not stretch too much (i hope) I only mentioned sativa cos they were like 2 TOTALLY different plants in veg. Apparently the strain has phenos that take after the ak47 which is mainly sativa strain and the ww being indica. There are also phenos that almost drip resin so hopefully i get one of those for a mother :peace:

Yea rad man! i hope my advice is only taken as suggestive thought.. im not having much luck with these LED's at the moment and i am far from a botanist in knowledge, i know the theory's i offer are correct, and when the shoes on the other foot its easy to just dribble on a bit.

beeeeeautiful looking ladies ya have there bro!I have personally tried just about every form of cloning known to man lol...and after airoponic cloners, bubblers, rockwool, heat mats,$50 bottles of rooting hormones,rapid rooters I still find that plain old jiffy pellets with a $4 bottle of root stim liquid from wal-mart is the best way to go.I have 100% success and the clones rarely have any yellowing or wilt this way.less stress=less recovery time after transplant.the jiffy pellets do not mess up my system at all.they take a few days longer to root this way (12-14 days) but as long as you keep that in mind it doesnt change a thing.Not to mention the $ I save per year is probably in the 100's.hope this helps bro:)

I have my room running as a sealed room now, the scrubber is a scrubbin and the intake is now beeing used to spread the a/c around better so theres tons of air circulation in there.I weather stripped the door and filled in any small holes I found.the test will be how my house smells once they are in bloom.Im going to take some pics now and do an update in a bit.thanks for all the help with this bro:)

You have the space I only dream about. I find keeping large #s of clones and proper veg times can be tricky. Especially when running a perpetual hydro type gro! Height restriction has always been a prob for me (hopefully no longer) hopefully it gos smoothly for ya. Props on the room again!

Back
Top Bottom