Toydollz's Amnesia Haze Autoflower From Rocket Seeds' Crop King Seeds Grow Diary

Finally, Lucky. He is still bending over, almost in a U. (He is not touching the dirt on both ends of the U.) I wonder why he is bent like this. Seems like it is the light source, which is maybe too far. I need to read up on this on the 420Magazine www and see.

20240504_081850.jpg
This one still has part of the membrane attached to the cotyledon. It wants to open, but the membrane is still holding it. Give an eyedrop of water where that membrane is still hanging onto it, to help it along. Give it some time. Try not to touch the sprout, it's pretty delicate right now.

That soil seems a little dry, but I can't say for sure. Is the bottom of that soil pretty dry?
What is your watering method and how much/often?

Seedlings need light, from your tent pictures the lights are up pretty high in there. You want them to be closer to the babies than where they are in my opinion. Be careful they aren't too hot. If you hold your hand between the light and just above the seedling and your hand gets uncomfortably warm then it's too close/hot.
Don't give up on this one, it needs to shed that membrane and it might need some more moisture. Let's see what other opinions are. :)

1714944878020.png

Also, about the "U". I call it the neck. When the sprout emerges you see the neck or upside down "U" shape first, that's how they work. They start to straighten up gradually. They don't come up from the soil straight.
So, in case you weren't aware of that, now you know. :)
Thank you! More later. I am cleaning out a room so the plants can go there permanently when I get home tomorrow from work. Will do the eyedropnof water and will get them closer to the light source. Thank you! 🥰

Day 7 in soil? Only 2 of my 5 seeds survived, I think, due to me not planting deep enough. I had very carefully misread the instructions to say to only plant the seed 1/2 to 3/4 inches deep, I think?? Duh. It is a wonder 2 of mine survived. But now thry have a new challenge. My husband is on charge of the grow light and he has the light so far from the plants. I thought I would only have until today to have to wait until I get to set up things my way but no. The vivosun grow light arrived but, surprise, we have to buy a controller. Didn't know. Ordered (plus shipping this time) the controller immediately. So hopefully my plants live through the wait. Will take photos later this eve.

Day 7 in soil? Only 2 of my 5 seeds survived, I think, due to me not planting deep enough. I had very carefully misread the instructions to say to only plant the seed 1/2 to 3/4 inches deep, I think?? Duh. It is a wonder 2 of mine survived. But now thry have a new challenge. My husband is on charge of the grow light and he has the light so far from the plants. I thought I would only have until today to have to wait until I get to set up things my way but no. The vivosun grow light arrived but, surprise, we have to buy a controller. Didn't know. Ordered (plus shipping this time) the controller immediately. So hopefully my plants live through the wait. Will take photos later this eve.
Toydollz, what kind of controller is mandatory? Are you saying if you plug the light in and hit the "On" button it doesn't come on?

Toydollz, what kind of controller is mandatory? Are you saying if you plug the light in and hit the "On" button it doesn't come on?
My husband says it can turn on but then we can't control the light so it will end up very bright? I am about to read the manual. And I am 99% sure I have 2 out of 5 plants left, Sister Bobbie and Bates. The two that were doing well to begin with. Edited to confirm that the light "AeroLight A150SE Full Spectrum LED Grow Light 150W, with Integrated Circulation Fan, Compatible with APP, 4 x 2 Ft. Coverage" is compatible with app but doesn't work with app unless we buy the growhub too, or else the lights are just bright and not dimmable. Wish I would have known so now we have to wait for the growhub to arrive, hopefully in time.

Good Morning! Happy to see that you have two kids ready for the real world. :)

I enlarged the photo of Sister Bates, and she appears to have her root actually exposed on the surface of the soil. The root should not be exposed to light, and she's going to be very unstable that way as she is stretching for light.
I would put some soil around that little girl, fill her cup to the rim, so the root can be covered and make its way downward too. Don't pack it hard, you don't want to bend it or break it. Just fill and wet a little.

Everyone agree with that?

Root on surface toydollz sprout.jpg

Good Morning! Happy to see that you have two kids ready for the real world. :)

I enlarged the photo of Sister Bates, and she appears to have her root actually exposed on the surface of the soil. The root should not be exposed to light, and she's going to be very unstable that way as she is stretching for light.
I would put some soil around that little girl, fill her cup to the rim, so the root can be covered and make its way downward too. Don't pack it hard, you don't want to bend it or break it. Just fill and wet a little.

Everyone agree with that?

Root on surface toydollz sprout.jpg
Oh! Thank you, Lady Cannafan! I just buried the roots! ❤️❤️❤️

17151164209961376334297201547877.jpg

Yay! My husband says he will use the vivosun light in the tent even though the controller hadn't arrived and thus I can take the old cheap Amazon light into the guest room and here we are!

17151196479342227298386470928660.jpg

I always pre moisten my potting material. Always. I try to do it 24 hrs ahead, so it's not wet.

If I plant Taproot, it's planted downward. 3-5mm of dirt over the top. Minimal. No sticks, no wood chunks, nothing to restrict her coming up. fine mist, Moisten the top.

If I plant a seed, I use my pinky to make the whole. Stop at the first crease on pinky. It's like 15mm deep at most. Lightly covered, never packed. I fine mist the top.

If it's cold, chilly they will fight you.

70-85f

Consistency is key. Warmth is my important, than light for germination.

I always pre moisten my potting material. Always. I try to do it 24 hrs ahead, so it's not wet.

If I plant Taproot, it's planted downward. 3-5mm of dirt over the top. Minimal. No sticks, no wood chunks, nothing to restrict her coming up. fine mist, Moisten the top.

If I plant a seed, I use my pinky to make the whole. Stop at the first crease on pinky. It's like 15mm deep at most. Lightly covered, never packed. I fine mist the top.

If it's cold, chilly they will fight you.

70-85f

Consistency is key. Warmth is my important, than light for germination.
Thank you, OGpapa!

Good morning! Off to a slow start but I am optimistic for Sister Bobbie and Bates. Day 9 in soil. ❤️ I am probably doing a lot wrong and need to pay attention. Will get nutrients, etc. after 3 weeks, per the instructions I received with the seeds. Please don't hesitate to help me, as you all have been doing. I will re-read it. The amount of hours I have been working (often 12 hour days) is getting to me, though, and I need to take more time to read and watch more info on tending to the girls.

20240508_051340.jpg

20240508_051258.jpg

20240508_051251.jpg

Good morning! Off to a slow start but I am optimistic for Sister Bobbie and Bates. Day 9 in soil. ❤️ I am probably doing a lot wrong and need to pay attention. Will get nutrients, etc. after 3 weeks, per the instructions I received with the seeds. Please don't hesitate to help me, as you all have been doing. I will re-read it. The amount of hours I have been working (often 12 hour days) is getting to me, though, and I need to take more time to read and watch more info on tending to the girls.

20240508_051340.jpg

20240508_051258.jpg

20240508_051251.jpg
They look like they are enjoying the light for sure. Nice job getting the root covered!
The first grow is always the most nerve wracking, so don't feel alone if you get frustrated. There are plenty of people here to help.

That light ......every time I look at it I get a vision of an old "War of the Worlds" movie. Those arms look just like the invaders in that movie. LOL

LadyCannafan,Haha!! They do look like that! ...I am super enjoying this. I have already learned a lot (which I will list out sometime soonish) for my next grow, which will be 5 of the same awesome seeds in November!

Screenshot_20240508_062006_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240508_061943_Chrome.jpg

This is an illustration from the book. The original movie is one of my favorites.

1715167755496.png
Spot on lol 😆.

good morning toydollz glad the survivors are doing well. Once they get past the being new to life ordeal they will take off.

And I'm very happy your learning a lot here 😁 I started off a little above no experience, but I learned exceptionally quick just reading here.

But @Lady Cannafan is on point....everyone starts off nervous Nellies and try to baby and coddle the plants..... After the first couple you get super lax.....kinda like raising kids... First one wasn't allowed to scrape a knee or play with mud.... The next few kids injure themselves doing stupid shit and eat dirt and you tell them to walk it off 😂😂.... I'm one of seven so I'm experienced in this :rofl: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom