What are you filtering out?

I compared the tap and drinking water. Tap water has 174 ppm and drinking water has 65 ppm. I thought I should filter the tap water to make some room. Pipes are very old in this apartment that I am living in. I believe there is a great lock up of minerals. I will check the results for one more time after filtering them this weekend. I already have mineral products so I think clear water is the way to go for me.

I compared the tap and drinking water. Tap water has 174 ppm and drinking water has 65 ppm. I thought I should filter the tap water to make some room. Pipes are very old in this apartment that I am living in. I believe there is a great lock up of minerals. I will check the results for one more time after filtering them this weekend. I already have mineral products so I think clear water is the way to go for me.
I see. Just keep using the minerals in your other products. 174 doesn't sound too high. Why do you want to drop the ppm's, exact control?

I see. Just keep using the minerals in your other products. 174 doesn't sound too high. Why do you want to drop the ppm's, exact control?

I want to lower the ppm just because the components of the solution include unnecessary minerals and I want my plants to take the nutes in much more than they take in these built up minerals. I know it is a small tweak but, after this point, what more can I do right? I got some extra time cuz I am not training them so I have energy to consider these small tweaks :) I need to dig in further in order to make this grow funnier and learn more :passitleft:

I want to lower the ppm just because the components of the solution include unnecessary minerals and I want my plants to take the nutes in much more than they take in these built up minerals. I know it is a small tweak but, after this point, what more can I do right? I got some extra time cuz I am not training them so I have energy to consider these small tweaks :) I need to dig in further in order to make this grow funnier and learn more :passitleft:
Every little thing adds up.

:nomo: Catching up on my reading, taking notes on your supercropping techniques.... Thanks, Trianglecheese. :ciao:

I am here with more supercropping. I applied this procedure to some high tops. I won't supercrop more branches because buds are getting big and it might be hard for branches to carry this load while healing from supercropping.

I got some trichome pictures this time. I will feed them tomorrow and the next watering would be in 4 days with plain water. I will try to raise the ratios because plants are getting into late flowering and I want to reduce the ratio on ripening week before the final flush. Following two weeks would be as heavy as possible.

Peace :roorrip:

Ok, sry to be the bearer of bad news.... Always add a week or two on the Seedbanks idea.
We don't grow under the same conditions so we can't have the same results now can we?!

Ok, sry to be the bearer of bad news.... Always add a week or two on the Seedbanks idea.
We don't grow under the same conditions so we can't have the same results now can we?!

Yeah that is usually a fact for me as well but Barney's is precise on harvest time for me so far. I won't consider the data sheet as a fact because I agree that conditions matter the most. I would turn the lights off when they have %90 milky and %10 amber. I will let them stay in dark for 48 hours and then harvest.

Here is a better pic. of trichomes;

Now I am measuring the ppm levels. The tap water has 175 ppm and it is not changing after two days of rest. Drinking water has 65 ppm and I think I will use this water for the following two weeks for heavy feeding. The filter I bought is filtering tap water ppm to 150. I haven't tried filtering the drinking water yet but 150ppm should do it for me.

Having my tap water tested. My ppm is 250 and the pre filter in my R/O system goes orange brown in no time. I even filter my water for houseplants hehe.

Thank god you have R/O. 250 is way too much right?

I tested nute solution today. PPM level was 560. I fed the plants light this time because I won't be in my apartment for 4 days. I asked a friend to feed them with plain water in 2 days. I think I can go heavier next week because I am following General Organics feedchart for PPM suggestions. 500-700 is the suggested value for this week and 600-800 for next week. I will go back to 400-600 on ripening week.

I am no expert on PPM decisions but I know some people are feeding 1000-1200 on late flowering. Do you think this does any good? Does it require a lot of flushing? I think 800 PPM is pretty damn strong.

Peace :roorrip:

I drive to a drinking water source and bucket my water now. PPM is 30 and I know it’s minerals not iron and such.
I am new to doing PPM goal oriented feeding. I follow the charts for the nutes I’m using and learn from there. My mute calls for PPM on the higher end of your ranges it sounds like. I’m using Canna this round and used General Organics prior.

I drive to a drinking water source and bucket my water now. PPM is 30 and I know it’s minerals not iron and such.
I am new to doing PPM goal oriented feeding. I follow the charts for the nutes I’m using and learn from there. My mute calls for PPM on the higher end of your ranges it sounds like. I’m using Canna this round and used General Organics prior.

PPM feeding is new to me as well. Canna taste great for me and we will see how General Organics taste after harvesting these. I will germinate some Liberty Haze seeds tonight. That grow will follow General Organics PPM chart and hopefully I will achieve better results.

I have been away for a while. Plants took plain water 2 times in this period.

I fed them with the previous recipe. PPM was 640 so I added the GO Thrive Bloom until I get 830. We will see how plants will react to high PPM. Some leaves turning purple and I hope some buds will do the same :drool:

I included some pics of supercropped branches. Buds are bulking up and one branch couldn't recover totally from supercropping. I am supporting it with a rope and I think it will recover since I fed my plants for the first time after supercropping. The earlies supercropped branch looks distinguished and I think that time was the perfect time to do supercropping. I was a bit late for others :confused:

I have done backbuilding as well. I included the pics of headless buds. We will see the results in a couple of days.

Peace :green_heart:

Update on supercropping;

Live from the tent;

Back
Top Bottom