Twelve12's Breeding Program

"If you want to store clone for months on end try Tissue Culture. "

To keep an ex-plant in stasis for months, or replicate millions of times.
So far, I've seen no report of member progress into micro propagation.
I'd really, really like to see that.

I was actually in the middle of researching everything I'd need... it's a lot to say the least, but I'm thinking about it.

"If you want to store clone for months on end try Tissue Culture. "

To keep an ex-plant in stasis for months, or replicate millions of times.
So far, I've seen no report of member progress into micro propagation.
I'd really, really like to see that.

I purchased a book that you recommended on the topic, Gator, but I'm a long ways from being able to take something like that on. Definitely a long term goal of mine though, and a good book lead you gave me (Plants from Test Tubes)! I'd like to see that, too, btw...

EDIT - just saw your second post, where you recommend that same book again. I picked it up quite a while back on your recommendation. It is a great book on the subject.

Thank you all for your thoughts. At the moment the breeding program is on pause.

I completely understand, and let me tell you -- you're on my mind a lot. Sure wish you didn't have to go through this brother.

I admire you for your strength right now, but wish you didn't have to flex those muscles at all. Hang in there my friend - brighter days in the future.

You will prevail. I saw that spark in you here before you were even "Twelve12". Nothing about your respect and success here has been a surprise to me. Use that gift and hustle to get things worked out behind the scenes, and we'll be glad to have you back here - open arms as always - when you kick the rest of lifes ASS.

We will wait, patiently. :cheer:

I completely understand, and let me tell you -- you're on my mind a lot. Sure wish you didn't have to go through this brother.

I admire you for your strength right now, but wish you didn't have to flex those muscles at all. Hang in there my friend - brighter days in the future.

You will prevail. I saw that spark in you here before you were even "Twelve12". Nothing about your respect and success here has been a surprise to me. Use that gift and hustle to get things worked out behind the scenes, and we'll be glad to have you back here - open arms as always - when you kick the rest of lifes ASS.

We will wait, patiently. :cheer:

??? Did I miss something? What happened? Twelve, I hope everything is okay man, I am really confused. Can I get a heads up? Peace, :Namaste:

Hey 12, we will all be here waiting for your return. I would do CO over CA myself, unfortunately my state has nothing to offer.....

Xlr8 thank you for the encouragement. Glad you were there to see the transformation from the start. I remember not having an avatar for a really long time and you encouraged me to design one for myself. We shall see how fast I get back in action.

Lord Indica long story short my ex came back into my life fro no where and broke into my home, took some pictures of my grow and is blackmailing me with it. Since I grow SOG had over 150 plants things are risky for me if I continue growing. To be safe I had to shut everything down, even the breeding program. Now, I'm looking for a job to pay for the bills since the grow was my only income. Right now just focusing on finding a job, work, save up and move to either CA or CO to pick up where I left off here. More details are in my 2L SOG journal.

OG13 thank you. CO cost less to live vs CA anytime. Also very close to where I am so hopping over isn't bad. However, CA has friends and relatives. We shall see.

Hi [size=+1]GodSpeed[/size]. Yes, inbreeding will help establish uniformity. The gene pool from P1 in F1-F3 is still vital. Backcrossing can also increase the percentage in offspring with desire traits from progeny.

There are two roads I'm heading down. One is to cross hybrid male with hybrid female to get super hybrid offspring and keep it as clone only. This will have a lot of variable to phenotype and genotype. Like growing out 10 different strains and select which I want to keep and the only way to have the strain going is to take cuttings. There is no seeds that has the same genetic. Unless I learn how to stabilize a hybrid from hybrid P1.

While the other path is to breed true using one or both parents that are 100%. The only 100% strain I have in my collection is the Afghan Kush as you've mentioned. When I bought the seeds was not thinking about breeding true until recently. So will work with what I have and get more 100% strain to play with. Either way, hoping to create something special.

12: Hybrids are created to retain desired characteristics from Indica and Sativa lineages. By altering the ratio of sativa and indica influences, it is possible to breed cannabis hybrids for a desired ‘highs’, flavors, aromas, and growing characteristics. For example, Cannabis sativa subsp. indica generally exhibits superior indoor growth characteritics. On the other hand, the indica’s narcotic body stone is undesireable to many growers, so breeders may wish to selectively breed their hybrids in order to produce a strain with a sativa ‘up’ high, and indica growth and yield characteristics.

Note: A F1 hybrid (stable crossing/ developed strain) can be produced from two landraces or from a hybrid and a landrace. It is not possible to make stable hybrids from two (or more) hybrids. Crossings between already crossed plants are like “mud puppies”. Seeds from these varieties will produce plants with huge fluctuations between them. This is because the genetic combination was scattered when it was reproduced. This means the offspring will look like (any combination of) the different ancestors used when the hybrid was made, and not nessecarily like the hybrid itself.

I suggest to you 12. If indeed you do have Landrace available to you in the form of "Indica" or "Sativa" you use them.....

Been breeding for 40+ years its the only way it works, it's genetics.

Again though, if you are looking to have fun and a wide range of pheno. Your breeding project will produce this.

Sampled my White Widow last night... WOW! Why is the stuff you grow yourself so much better than anything you have had the opportunity to try up to that point? ... hi ho, it's off to grow I go, I can't beat that, my buds are fat, Hi ho, hi ho, hi ho, hi ho!

I have thought this same fact, many times. I surmise it is due to the fact that we, as smaller sized cultivators, tend to "pamper" our plants to the point that they have become part of the family. I almost cry if I have to kill one, or worse, if something befalls badly and I loose one to pest, disease or simple stupid mistakes...

I have thought this same fact, many times. I surmise it is due to the fact that we, as smaller sized cultivators, tend to "pamper" our plants to the point that they have become part of the family. I almost cry if I have to kill one, or worse, if something befalls badly and I loose one to pest, disease or simple stupid mistakes...

They do get pampered don't they? I talk to them all the time lol. Give them names, tell them how good they look today and what good girls they are. LOL

Skid Mark Thank you for the info. Will you be sharing your strain with us? Would love to see the different strains you created from 40+ years. I still have a long way to go so far I'm left with bunch of seeds and no growing rooms, lol. My initial plan was to do both hybrid x hybrid, IBL, landrace x hybrid. I like the hybrid x hybrid the most seem unpredictable and although they are a mud, we only hope the attributes are in the right places. Like taking the best quality within the lineage to produce profound experience.

Have you tried using pollen from the female plant (induced hermie) and pollinate it to a different strain female? What are the pro and con to this?

They do get pampered don't they? I talk to them all the time lol. Give them names, tell them how good they look today and what good girls they are. LOL

$hit, I play music for them 24/7, definitely talk to them 2. I wouldn't sing though 'cause I'd kill them. I'll never, ever forget the first seed I sowed... Fantastic experience at each new turn on the journey; first bud, first clone, first Hydro, etc.

There are total of 26 cross made during the 7 months journey. Too many to fully grow them out so I'll be focusing on a few when I can grow again. The only two strains I've seen from start to finish are Firestorm and Downtown Stumble. Those are nice, looking forward to see the rest.

For now, these are locked up in a time capsule. Waiting for the day to take part in life.

[Strain Name - Female Parent x Male Parent]

Firestorm - Pineapple Express x Grapefruit Diesel
Downtown Stumble - Vanilla Kush x Grapefruit Diesel
Pule - Cheese x Grapefruit Diesel

Tuna Salad - Hammerhead x ATA Tundra
Pineapple Smoothie - Pineapple Express x ATA Tundra
Frozen Amazon - Heavy Duty Fruity x ATA Tundra
ICE AGE - Downtown Stumble x ATA Tundra
Snowflake - 1024 x ATA Tundra
Summer Ice - Afghan Kush x ATA Tundra
God of Frost - Grapegod x ATA Tundra
Shiver Kush - Vanilla Kush x ATA Tundra
Frozen Wishing Well - White Widow x ATA Tundra
Sno - Super Lemon Haze x ATA Tundra
Cheesecake - Cheese x ATA Tundra
Ice Quake - AK47 x ATA Tundra

Super Pineapple Skunk - Pineapple x Super Skunk
Super Widow Skunk - White Widow x Super Skunk

Firestorm #7S1 - Firestorm #7 x Firestorm #7
Firestorm F2 - Firestorm #7 x Firestorm #3

Blood Queen - C99 x Berry Bomb
Flamethrower - Firestorm x Berry Bomb
camouflage - Pineapple Express x Berry Bomb
Laughing Gas - Cheese x Berry Bomb
Rat Trap - Downtown Stumble x Berry Bomb
Super Lemon Bomb - Super Lemon Haze x Berry Bomb

Widow Domina - White Widow x Black Domina

There are total of 26 cross made during the 7 months journey. Too many to fully grow them out so I'll be focusing on a few when I can grow again. The only two strains I've seen from start to finish are Firestorm and Downtown Stumble. Those are nice, looking forward to see the rest.

For now, these are locked up in a time capsule. Waiting for the day to take part in life.

[Strain Name - Female Parent x Male Parent]

Firestorm - Pineapple Express x Grapefruit Diesel
Downtown Stumble - Vanilla Kush x Grapefruit Diesel
Pule - Cheese x Grapefruit Diesel

Tuna Salad - Hammerhead x ATA Tundra
Pineapple Smoothie - Pineapple Express x ATA Tundra
Frozen Amazon - Heavy Duty Fruity x ATA Tundra
ICE AGE - Downtown Stumble x ATA Tundra
Snowflake - 1024 x ATA Tundra
Summer Ice - Afghan Kush x ATA Tundra
God of Frost - Grapegod x ATA Tundra
Shiver Kush - Vanilla Kush x ATA Tundra
Frozen Wishing Well - White Widow x ATA Tundra
Sno - Super Lemon Haze x ATA Tundra
Cheesecake - Cheese x ATA Tundra
Ice Quake - AK47 x ATA Tundra

Super Pineapple Skunk - Pineapple x Super Skunk
Super Widow Skunk - White Widow x Super Skunk

Firestorm #7S1 - Firestorm #7 x Firestorm #7
Firestorm F2 - Firestorm #7 x Firestorm #3

Blood Queen - C99 x Berry Bomb
Flamethrower - Firestorm x Berry Bomb
camouflage - Pineapple Express x Berry Bomb
Laughing Gas - Cheese x Berry Bomb
Rat Trap - Downtown Stumble x Berry Bomb
Super Lemon Bomb - Super Lemon Haze x Berry Bomb

Widow Domina - White Widow x Black Domina

Holy genetic superiority Batman! Dude you are the seed god! What I wouldn't give to be the taste tester.

Wow, Twelve!
At the beginning you were just starting breeding. I just scanned through your journal, and you are approaching expert status.:welldone:
You have created some wonderful and beautiful strains. Even your seeds are cover shot gorgeous! I really like you fire crosses. I'll have to read more to up my breading. I am so thankful for you and others who have the time and space to do research, and are kind enough to share this info so, so many others can benefit.:Namaste:
Excellent work!:adore:

$hit, I play music for them 24/7, definitely talk to them 2. I wouldn't sing though 'cause I'd kill them. I'll never, ever forget the first seed I sowed... Fantastic experience at each new turn on the journey; first bud, first clone, first Hydro, etc.
OMG! I hear ya on that one... I realized the other day that I think I talk too much, when I opened the door to my flower box, and MY 3Y.O. DAUGHTER said, "Good morning, ladies! How are we today?"

Back
Top Bottom