Ultrasonic's 8-Strain DWC Spectacular

this link will give ya further info on what I was speaking about if you would like to read it

pH Manifesto teaches you how to grow bigger cannabis buds

Also things are loooooking great next time you need to splurge for the Sunpulse 10k for the last week to 10 days of flowering the 10k bulb acts as a UV death ray of sorts which cause the plant to do the only thing it can to protect itself from UV make a ton more Trichs or crystals to act as prisms to help diffuse the intense light. Don't be afraid of them they work wonders. :welldone:

Well week 3 update will come on Monday. Things are looking good: I will be changing out the nutrient solution with something a little lighter on the ppm side ASAP. I'm going to add just a tad less nutes that I did last time, but still some calmag. No Liquid Karma! Don't want any more organics going in there... only chemicals. I'm concerned the ph drop is from overfeeding, however they don't really look to be behind at all. Either way, stretch is over, and I won't be having weak stalks or rusty leaves this time around.

Ahh, I keep looking back at that picture.. I can't believe in 2 more weeks i'm gonna have those big beautiful buds back!!!!! I've got 4x as many colas this time around, and they're lonnnnnnng.

The strawberry cough and superlemon haze, along with the other WW seedling, are not doing well. They will potentially be cloned off to save their genetics, it depends on if they're just gonna die from lack of light... They just were not timed with the clones properly, and were overgrown almost immediately.

Once again, it goes to show how important it is to use STRONG clones. Also, I feel I am losing alot of light. Thats why:

Next grow, i'll be doing a perpetual 4x4 TENT 1000w with 4 plants veg/4 in flower. Veg plants will be under a couple hundred watts of CFLS. I'm hoping to be able to add co2 to that as well: i'm looking for a simple pound every couple months: I think this could be a good way to achieve it.

I'm not bummed about the slh or cough... The ww looks amazing and is taking off better than my first grow.... looks like it's gonna be dense! Here's to not sleep walking and adding molasses to the reservoirs.

Thanks for the update Ultra - I've been holding my breath waiting for the pics. Things must be getting a little frosty by now, yes?

Sorry to hear the SC and SLH arean't doing well. Your data, combined with a number of other posts I've read, has me thinking twice about attempting to grow a bit tall sativa in my little tent with only 250w. Heck, if you're having trouble I wouldn't have a chance.

The 4x4 tent grow sounds fun - sticking your 1000w light in a tent will raise some cooling issues, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. How will you keep the veg and flower areas separate?

Looking forward to the updated pics!

Thanks for the update Ultra - I've been holding my breath waiting for the pics. Things must be getting a little frosty by now, yes?

Sorry to hear the SC and SLH arean't doing well. Your data, combined with a number of other posts I've read, has me thinking twice about attempting to grow a bit tall sativa in my little tent with only 250w. Heck, if you're having trouble I wouldn't have a chance.

The 4x4 tent grow sounds fun - sticking your 1000w light in a tent will raise some cooling issues, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. How will you keep the veg and flower areas separate?

Looking forward to the updated pics!

Well, in terms of the SC and SLH, I think it's more that I just wanted them so bad I pushed them too far to fast. I always knew my bulk would be from the WW clones... But yeah, One thing I did notice was how stretchy the SLH was... very different from the WW. The SC is doing better than the SLH, but I think isn't very tolerant to the 1600ppm levels I've had them at for the stretch. This I think was just a touch too high: very much so for the seedlings: not so much for the clones.

Thanks for sticking around man Its going to feel good to harvest :) I'll be posting an update.. uh... today I guess. If not today, than a day late on Tuesday, when I have the day off.

Amazing job, those are some healthy looking ladies you have. Love that first pic also....

Thanks sonzor always good to hear from you :) Yeah, they are very healthy so far! I'm thanking myself for documenting my last grow, as i'm able to compare dates. According to my last grow, in 9 days I started to see a cal/mag def. on my tallest colas, that got pretty severe looking in a couple cases.
I'm thinking this was a mag LOCKOUT actually caused by a low pH of 5.5. But now, i adjust my ph up to 5.8/6.0, and it's been drifting around there, but always downwards... which makes me unsure what to think, but thats another bag of peas.

So in 9 days, when I see beautiful strong healthy plants... i'm going to be pissing myself.

And in exactly 14 days, I won't add molasses. And I'll marvel over my delicious buds! (see bud filled pic above) I won't overfeed them, and i'll start to lower their ppm. next changeout, tomorrow, will be of a 1200ppm+calmag solution... so probably 1300.... a dramatic reduction from the 1600-1700 they were getting: I think they will respond marvelously.

In 14 days, I will do another change-out, of about 1000ppm, NO cal-mag. That will go for 2 more weeks, then I'll use up the rest of my AN's FF in the final 7 days. I figured.. why the hell not. I vaporize a lot of what I toke, so I like leaving the trichrome-laden leaves on the buds. But at the same time, I want to be able to smoke it in a bong without killing myself. So I figure a good flush will get the job done... there's lots of FF to go around ;)

I don't know why but this grow seems to be going in slow motion. It's only my perception of time though... we're only on day 21... sigh. Not even half way there :) But I guess in 2 weeks I'll be in a whole new world! lol.

/end rant
/toke bong
/go to bed because you work in 5 hours.

:roorrip:

Hey usul - was thinking more about using the 1000w in a tent: I hope to upgrade to the xxxl 8inch, and use that with the sunpulse (which produce less heat). I'll also be growing in the winter time, so that will also help.

Anyway, forgot to put closeup mode on for most of my pics tonight so they all turned out blurry. duh. Here are a couple teasers that made it. Week 3!

IMG_04402.JPG

IMG_044321.JPG

MMM lookin good! This is 9 plants! A far cry from the 16 I wanted to run, but because a few fuckups, I'm left with 9, 2 of which are seedlings and are not really "visible" in the whole mess. Next round will have HUGE solid clones - very important! But then again, next round won't be a desperate final attempt before moving out :p

Oh boy - I should add: I have a string tied all the way around the plants to help support them as well as to keep them within the range of the light.. the reflector i'm using sucks horribly... but then again, so does the fact that i'm growing in the middle of a room, with no reflective material: lots of light loss and decay on the outer edges.

Great Job so far Ultrasonic!! Your on the home stretch now it seems, grats.

Hey usul - was thinking more about using the 1000w in a tent: I hope to upgrade to the xxxl 8inch, and use that with the sunpulse (which produce less heat). I'll also be growing in the winter time, so that will also help.

Anyway, forgot to put closeup mode on for most of my pics tonight so they all turned out blurry. duh. Here are a couple teasers that made it. Week 3!

IMG_04402.JPG

IMG_044321.JPG

MMM lookin good! This is 9 plants! A far cry from the 16 I wanted to run, but because a few fuckups, I'm left with 9, 2 of which are seedlings and are not really "visible" in the whole mess. Next round will have HUGE solid clones - very important! But then again, next round won't be a desperate final attempt before moving out :p

Oh boy - I should add: I have a string tied all the way around the plants to help support them as well as to keep them within the range of the light.. the reflector i'm using sucks horribly... but then again, so does the fact that i'm growing in the middle of a room, with no reflective material: lots of light loss and decay on the outer edges.
Also just wanted to let ya know my last tent grow I had 1000 watt HPS and two 600 watt PSMH and I was able to keep my heat at 85F degrees with no problem using air cooled hoods basically using my tent as a sealed room grow. So as long as you got a good air cooled hood and its vent well with the intake and exhaust from the A/C reflector is always ran on a close circuit pulling air across the light from outside the tent and exhausting it back out of the grow enviroment you shouldn't have any problem. I was also shooting for 85 degrees because I was trying to get over 75watts per sqft to go with my 1800 to 2000 ppm CO2 enrichment. My tent was 8ft long and 4 feet wide which needs about 2250 watts to get 75ish watts per sqft. I also was using a single 435 cfm fan for pulling air over my lights but I was lucky and the line across my reflectors was pretty str8 so hardly any loss of cfms.

This is one of the best companies I found to get good equipment cheap but there nute section is a little light but the prices on almost everything are considerably lower than most sites out there. This is the fan I used and as you can see the price tag is nice.

Valueline 6 Inch 435 CFM Centrifugal Inline Fan - Plantlighting Hydroponics

but anyways Ultra the point I got off of there was that you can definately run a 1000watter in a tent its just a matter of having a good ventilation system and good A/C reflector, CO2 helps to because its best to run your plants a lil hotter when lights are on when using CO2 to help push the metabolism to keep up with the CO2 xtra growth.

The grow in the tent above yielded 3 grams per watt for a total of 14 pounds dry but I was also growing Himalayan Gold which is a beast of a producer and using the full advance coniseur line. Also use some very special techniques using AN's products to do uber foilar feeds deep in flowering up until my final flush before harvest without worry of any sort of fungi or bacterial attacks. If you want my formula for uber foilar feed of AN's products for flowering let me know anyone out there.

Also I dont want to play favorites so www.cheaphydroponics.com is a great place to order from espcially if ur closier to the east coast than west. Ask for Joe when you call he is the owner and he will answer any questions to help ya out he actually recommend Azatrol years ago when I had a spidermite problem even though he didnt carry it and also told me how I could by small amounts much cheaper off ebay of it or floramite which most companies wouldnt do (send ya somewhere else to buy something just because they do not stock that exact product). Joe is about as cool as they come and if ya get a chance tell him this crazy guy from Virginia recommend him to ya he will get a giggle out of that I am sure.

The SC is doing better than the SLH, but I think isn't very tolerant to the 1600ppm levels I've had them at for the stretch. This I think was just a touch too high: very much so for the seedlings: not so much for the clones.

I grow SC and WW..I run the SC at 1000-1200ppm max and the WW at 1400-1600ppm and i have not found the upper limit yet.

They are different strains and the SC doesnt like the nutes very strong. It also stretches quite a bit compared to WW, thats why i grow them in different tents with different hydro systems.

Everything you still, and will see, is white widow.

The cough has started to finally crap out as well. I know now that I fed them too much, and started them too late, in an attempt to keep them up to pace with all the ww clones. I'm now down to 9 plants: 2 of which are seedlings. 1 cough, 1 widow. The SLH and other plants either didn't arrive (got money refunded from worldwidemarijuanaseeds.... fuckers) or were pulled because they under-performed. SO more or less, what you see is 7 strong plants.

I'm changing out all the bins now with fresh nutes, and i'm feeding them a 1200-1300ppm solution (as opposed to 1600) that I think they'll be much happier in. Just straight Lucas formula, no cal-mag, or other additives. Mostly because i've run out and I"M NOT ADDING ANY DAMN ORGANICS. They plants are looking GREAT and are definitely appreciating the light mover. I just wish my reflector didn't suck so damn much! it spreads light much too narrow.

At least next grow will be a 4x4 tent, and the coverage will be superb. I'm really hoping to be able to add c02 at 1200-1500ppm via a tank with that grow. It will be a perpetual 4 plant veg 4 plant flower deal, and I hope to yield a good 2lbs under the 1000w every 2-3 months this way. I follow someone who grows this strain in a closet with co2 under 400w SCROG and can get 7-9oz off a single plant. Can you say, target? :) And don't forget i'll be growing in a nice cold dry Canadian winter, so 1000w inside a tent will be a breeze!

Unfortunately, because i'm moving out, I'll be taking a 3 month break from 420mag after this grow is done. I'll probably pop in to check on a few of my favorite growers every now and then, but I'll mostly be back in business around the end of sept/beginning of October with a new journal that should consist of my "first 4" which will ideally be clones. I just love using clones.

/end rant

Thanks for peekin' usul :) I'm always glad to see you around.

Day 28! Week 4! So far, there have been no signs of the deficiency from last grow. I'm pretty sure it was a mag. lockout from having the ph too low.

I find with these nutrients, i'm constantly lowering the pH during flowering... From what I understand that means i'm overfeeding. I do think I overfed slightly with my last 1600ppm changeout: however, i'm feeling much better about today's changeout of 1200ppm: lucas formula with just a dash of calmag for good measure (and to use up the rest of the bottle, heh)

They're looking and smelling great. Thanks to usul, I got the idea to have my small intake on all the time, bringing in fresh air. Then when the RH or Temp is off, the controller turns on the ventillation, which turns on the carbon filter exhaust, and, if the RH is high enough, the dehumidifier. The room is smelling MUCH fresher since doing that.

So I've managed to determine that WW is the most nutrient resistant, followed by strawberry cough, followed by SLH. Good learning lession :p My slh and cough and dead and pulled, and the WW seeding is going strong!

I did however notice yet another plant that is under-performing, and will be pulled. not so bad, considering it's just one of the horrible horrible clones that I only kept because I was recovering from my last disastrous grow. Just tried to get as much plant as possible :)

Tomorrow i'm going cut the "wrap around" tie they've got on now to hold them up, and use individual strings to support the buds. This should allow for a much nicer distribution of light. As for my reflector, I took off the glass, and gave the bulb + glass a good cleaning.

7 more days till M-DAY! Then i'll be in all-new territory. I'll be a born again virgin grower! Teehheee!

IMG_04826.JPG

IMG_04796.JPG

IMG_04764.JPG

IMG_04752.JPG

IMG_04745.JPG

IMG_04727.JPG

IMG_04705.JPG

Woo Hoo! With another 4 - 6 weeks still to go it looks like those colas are going to really fill in. Watching this grow I'm thinking I may skip the SLH and do WW instead. Seems everyone grows WW sooner or later and it sure is looking good! Hmmm, maybe a two-plant grow-off: White Widow vs. Violator Kush. ;)

Love the idea of keeping the intake fan on then having your environmental controller kick in the exhaust only when needed - you get both fresh air and the co2 hangs around much longer. I remember when I set things up to maintain a constant stream of fresh air - like you, I could tell the difference right away.

Woo Hoo! With another 4 - 6 weeks still to go it looks like those colas are going to really fill in. Watching this grow I'm thinking I may skip the SLH and do WW instead. Seems everyone grows WW sooner or later and it sure is looking good! Hmmm, maybe a two-plant grow-off: White Widow vs. Violator Kush. ;)

Love the idea of keeping the intake fan on then having your environmental controller kick in the exhaust only when needed - you get both fresh air and the co2 hangs around much longer. I remember when I set things up to maintain a constant stream of fresh air - like you, I could tell the difference right away.

Glad to see you're still around my friend :)

These babies are gonna get pretty fat: I think you're right! They're currently tied up to the ceiling, then together. This helps me keep the light very low and close to the buds (it's about 6 inches: could be closer, but it's not only because of my reflectors shitty distribution, I need it higher) It's like a freakin' weed puppet show in there.

I have to say: the WW is a hardy one. I'd definitely recommend it, especially to a newbie. It's hard to overfeed. It produces a good plant heavy with resin that is a pretty nice high. I don't really know anything about violator kush, i'll have to look it up :p

the intake fan has been a blessing: it blows on my res. so it's been keeping those temps down :p The air smells so much fresher (wish I didn't have a cold, I could smell everything so much better... mutter) and the plants are just loving 70F in the day and 60F at night. They can't wait for the photo-shoot Monday evening.

Monday will be Week 5, and will also be day 35: Molasses day. The same time I added that shite to my last grow. Not this time! I'm getting really excited knowing that everything that happens past day 37 will be new to me. Thats the day my plants stopped growing, because the roots were totally covered in slime (documented). So week 6 Monday i'll be one happy motherfucker :)

Those ladies are looking amazing, nice, green and healthy, filling in very nice... Great job... + rep

Back
Top Bottom