Unstoppable Vlad Goes Into Space - Journal 4.0 - Colombian Gold - DWC - LED

hey Bama and Dream, I'm getting some chills again, off to the blankets after this update.
Thanks for the kind regards.

So here's the stuff.

Bubbles . Check
Mist. Check
DIY air diffusor. Check
Dirty fingernails. Check
IMG-20150904-01233.jpg
IMG-20150904-01234.jpg
IMG-20150904-01235.jpg
IMG-20150904-01238.jpg
IMG-20150904-01239.jpg

Vlad

Looks like a fun grow. :popcorn:

One suggestion that may be of use to growing in pails is to make a second hole about 2"/5cm off to the edge of the lid like I do with all my tubs. Makes it a lot easier to check levels, add water and nutes or draw out samples with a syringe for ppm and pH testing. Any old thing can be put over the hole to keep the light out.

I've long planted seeds pointy end up when sprouting in soil as the root emerges then curls down flipping the seed upwards and dragging off the split shell as it goes. As long as they come up and keep going is what really counts tho. :)

L8r

Greetings Comrades!

Glad to have you on board this grow T.R.!

I am almost done recovering from sudden virus death!
4 days of 39 degree celsius fevers has been the biggest load of crap I've had to swallow in my whole life.
Today is day 5 since being sick and still fighting some minor remnants of the bug that got me.
I finally had strength and a level head to taste the bud from the last grow.:bongrip:
Delicious. It's still curing, but got so smooth and smells even better since I started curing it 12 days ago.

The 2nd seed I planted sunk but never opened.
These are 2 year old seeds, I guess it's time to re-up on beans. Right Mr. O.G.?
I hope the Thunderpaws seeds arrive okay.

In other news the first plant is finishing off it's shock from being put into cooler temps of the new reservoir.
Roots are beginning to appear all around the holes at the bottom of the net pot.

The birds are all fine. Turns out one is a parasite that is from a parent of a different species. So it seems I have 2 sparrows and 1 shiny cow bird.

And Google+ and Youtube are censoring all my hilariously unsavory anti government posts. Yup, I was up to 50,000 visitors in just a few months and they cut me off!

Poor sheep :( Now they will have to swallow the propaganda without knowing there is a reality behind this alternative one we are sold every day as consumer slave wage zombie subjects.

Now I know why certain people want to drop a giant molotov cocktail on our corporate handlers

But I digress...

This journal will be back to normal tomorrow.

Going to try to bury another 2 year old seed. But before I drop it in water, going to scratch it up a bit with my sand paper!

Vlad

Greetings everyone,

Finally I am back in the game ...

I had been neglecting my grow ...
So the results are just mediocre at the moment since Vlad was not really tending the garden the past 6 days : (

I noticed yesterday a thick foam and cloudiness building in the res. Immediately dumped that out and made a fresh mix.

It turns out that the air pressure was blowing through the net pot and dislodging coco choir chunks which would fall down into the res.

I immediately took out the little plant and all the coco and put pumis stone instead. I didn't bother washing all the coco off the roots.

My reservoir is too cold for the seedling, 60 F. I added an aquarium heater to shoot it up to about 75 F and hopefully the ball will start to roll again.

It's time to try and get another seed to go to work in bucket #2.

IMG-20150909-01242.jpg
IMG-20150909-01243.jpg

The cure is going splendid from the last grow. Now I can safely put the buds in the bottle and RH is about 55. Last week when I tried bottling it would soar with the eagles at almost RH %78. Dangerous for damaging the precious work.

IMG-20150909-01244.jpg

Vlad

Thanks Bama and Chenzi,

the pumice rock is too big ... but the problem with the coco coir falling through the holes and fouling the res is fixed!

That is the last missing link for me, finding some new substrate. I plan on building a cloner/propagator for a new batch of seeds that should show up in the mail next week... so I will need that substrate.

And if the NSA is listening to this, I hope when they visit me they remember to bring the feather duster and freshen my nuts a little.

Learned today that some south american countries have been given billions of $$$ from some certain neighbor up north for unconstitutional equipment that captures random people's internet activity.

Kinda disappointed now. But, my balls are still waiting to be dusted.

Vlad

Vlad has survived the plague!
:party:

those rocks are huge Vlad I have not seen rocks that big since the CIA started pumping them out in the ghetto and if the NSA is listening I too would like my balls dusted lightly with a feather duster but with baby powder good sir :rofl:

but seriously how is the smoke from the first plant

LOL !!!

Hiya DB,
the smoke from the last harvest is phenomenal for me! I have been vaping it, it's still in the cure jar at 54 RH. I might have already finished curing it but I'd rather keep monitoring. Seems to be 60 grams, but I have not weighed it yet. Going to get around to that soon and final bud pics. I want to do a smoke report next week. Still my mind is a bit foggy from the "recovery"

SO I don't have have an aquarium heater for my 5 gallon res.
The water is too cold and seedling growth is going nowhere fast!
As a final measure, I moved it into a SOLO cup today so I could get the temps up.

IMG-20150910-01247.jpg
IMG-20150910-01248.jpg

Also I took a hammer and smashed up those huge pumis boulders.

IMG-20150910-01249.jpg

Vlad

A new day , a new challenge.

So I don't know why my apartment has been so cold and unwilling to support young fragile plant life.

I reached into the little plant's micro reservoir solo cup and it was bone chilling.

So that's the last straw! I ripped a 50 watt halogen lamp from the kitchen ceiling and installed into the 5 gallon reservoir.

I placed a porcelain dinner plate at the bottom and rested the light bulb on that.

In just 1 hour, the reservoir became toasty warm 80 F. I hope that is just what I needed to get my seedlings to grow in this cold weather.

Will take pics of root progress tomorrow. IF all is well, I will plant the next seed again.

UPDATE
so it's been a pair of hours and I dabbled my finger down in the solo cup and voila! warm water.
now to add a timer so I don't get too hot.

Vlad

Thanks Chenzi!
I solved the over abundance of heat problem by leaving the lid on the 5 gal slightly ajar. Now I have an equilibrium that should spawn growth!
I'm puffing with the eagles right now, will have to continue this conversation when I´ve safely landed.
Vlad

Cheers J and Chenzi,

So growth does appear to be resuming in the seedling above and below the water line. Many of you may remember these crappy bottles I used on the last grow :
IMG-20150615-00616.jpg

That was a huge load of b.s. because little did I know that near my house was full blown hydroponic nutrients with verifiable contents.

Anyway ... for this grow I present to you part B of my 2 part series. This is the micro nutrient bottle that contains just the right splash of N for use in my Lucas formula 0 8 16. Note the lack of Calcium, I will be supplementing that with a very good cal supplement. Going to pick up the K Flowering bottle soon... for the mean time still using a little of the old bloom mix from last grow (uggghhh)

IMG-20150912-01250.jpg
IMG-20150912-01251.jpg
IMG-20150912-01252.jpg

Vlad

Back
Top Bottom