1st Try At DWC/Soil Grow - Huckleberry - Cherry Pie - Dogwalker OG - Malawi Gold

The Huckleberry will start getting chopped next week from what I am seeing, or at least I hope I can start chopping her by then. Will make things go a little smoother if she is ready but I may be off by a few days.
IMG_0653_1_1.jpg
IMG_077745.jpg
IMG_058946.jpg

The MG is taking off finally. I have trimmed a ton of branches off of her and only keeping the ones I believe will will produce but I may have to do even more trimming before I am through.
IMG_072642.jpg

The Cherrie Pie is coming together finally, though I doubt I will ever grow that strain again unless of course the smoke turns out to be something out of this world but I am not holding my breath on that.
IMG_0664_1_1.jpg

Found this little guy hanging out in the buds, thought it was pretty cool looking.
IMG_075138.jpg

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Looks like that Huckleberry could go longer.
Best of luck with them!

Looks like that Huckleberry could go longer.
Best of luck with them!

I am thinking the main colas will be coming down next weekend or perhaps the middle of next week some time, she is getting close though

Looks like all is not lost with the plants. :thumb:
A white lined Sphinx moth. Beautiful.

Yeah that moth was very cool to see, made my day :thumb:

Even with the problems of late plants and wacky weather, I envy you growing in the back yard. :high-five:

Hang in there RM it is just a ways down the road and you too will be growing in the back yard, have faith :love:

Sorry I have been absent as of late but as you will soon see I have been and will continue to be quiet busy for the next few weeks.
The cherry pie is down and on the racks drying as is the Huckleberry, though I still need to go back and clean out the small nugs that I will be making hash with along with the trim. My MG is coming along but due to low temps predicted for this week along with more rain I fear they will be a lost cause but until the fat lady sings I will continue to hope for the best.
Here is what I have been busy with as of late.
IMG_085948.jpg
IMG_086731.jpg
IMG_087635.jpg
IMG_087738.jpg
IMG_087834.jpg
IMG_088327.jpg
IMG_088933.jpg

Besides my crop I am also helping my brother bring in his, and two other gardens one of which does not object to me photographing and one whom prefers has garden is not photographed. This is the one that I am helping with that has no objections.
IMG_088534.jpg

IMG_088832.jpg

That is two separate green houses by the way, the third one is already harvested

I tried to trim with gloves on and it just bugs the crap out of me, but then my fingers get sticky and thats a real pain as well. I am sure most of you already know this trick but if you do not, give it a try. Take any kind of oil you use for cooking, be it peanut oil olive oil or coconut oil and pour a small amount into a small container that you can dip your fingers into every now and then. Before you start trimming, lightly coat your hands and the blade of your scissors with the oil. About every 30 minutes or so just dip the tip of one finger in the oil and re-aply more oil to your scissors and to the thumb and index finger of the hand you hold the buds with as you trim It only takes just a very light coating and it works wonders. No sticky fingers and no sticky scissors.

I am sure the more experienced trimmers already knew this trick but if you do not know it and have some trimming to do, give it a try, you will like it, that much I can promise.

Welts has started out to be an exciting weekend. My friend with the larger grow operation got hit by high winds Thursday night around 8:30 and it took all of their greenhouses completely off so it was a mad dash to get everything chopped and hanging in the outbuilding. I predict a whole bunch of dry trimming in their immediate future LOL A major inconvenience but not as bad as what happened to my other friend. He had 5 of his 13 plants chopped already and drying. Being a new grower, he asked me to swing by after work to check out his buds to give him an idea as to how close they were to being ready to package up to make room for the next batch to be chopped. To me they looked like they could go another day maybe two tops but asked about his remaining plants and what condition they were in so we headed out to his garden. SOB someone had jumped his fence and raided his garden, they took all but two main stems from one of the remaining 8 plants. Needless to say he was pissed, but he did have security cameras and is presently reviewing the tapes to see if he recognizes the piece of SH%T who stole his crop.
The green house at my house weathered the last storm ok though I was very concerned since we had very strong winds here, plus they are saying that a bigger storm is suppose to arrive today around 1:00 and we should have the worst of the winds between 1 and 5. The greenhouse out at my brothers did not fair so well, I drove out yesterday morning to have my brother tell me that the cover had blown off and he had to put it back on, but when I went to check it out the plastic was still on the greenhouse but unfortunately the greenhouse was completely upside down. Thank gawd it was not raining yet, we managed to get it set back up and then anchored the legs down with fence posts we drove into the ground and tied off to the legs of the greenhouse. Considering what had happened I was shocked that I only had one broken cola out of the deal. The MG at my brothers appears to be slightly further along then the one I have here at my house, the buds are considerably larger then the ones here at my place and I am hoping that by next weekend it will be ready to chop. So long as we do not get freezing temperatures I may still get a decent harvest yet, but at this point I am still crossing my fingers.

Well today is going to be a very busy day lots of work plus I may have a line on a commercial greenhouse. A buddy of mine is selling his home and moving back east to be with his kids and grandkids has the same size yard as I do and he bought this greenhouse to grow weed in 5 years ago since he is a grower as well. Well he needs a bunch of electrical work done in order to sell his house and we are working out a deal, I may be able to just barter my time for it which would be a sweet deal.

I imagine that Major Pita is getting pounded with these storms as well and I wish him the best, we are getting pounded here. It is not as bad where I am but within 100 miles of me, they were getting sustained winds of up to 90 mph and a lot of 60 to 80 MPH winds. The weather man here says we should be getting winds here where I am up to 50 MPH today which is not good. With the weather we have been having the last few days I am beginning to think my MG's have been blessed by the plant gods and will weather this storm but only time will tell.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Oh I smoked some Raspberry Kush last night over at my brothers, OMG that was very tasty and had a great high. Will be growing some of that as soon as I get my inside grow back up and running.

Good luck with the high winds guys, a staple of life in my area.
Re the oil trick- it's a lifesaver. I found out about it after joining 420. For trimming I keep a scrap of oily cloth on the table to wipe scissors on. When cleaning up sticky hands, tools, containers with glued on dregs of qwiso, bubble hash, whatever, I clean with oil followed by soap. Works better and faster than alcohol or anything else I've found.

Had planed on making DI Hash yesterday but got called into work, lighting struck a building in beaverton and caused a power surge which took out over 600 ballasts and a few VFDs amongst other things. Really did not want to work on my day off but double time is very difficult to pass on plus we ended up working a 10 hour day so it was like working 1/2 a week in one day. Guess I will be start making hash tonight.
My greenhouse weathered the storm with no issues and the modifications I did on the one out at my brothers held as well so now it is up to the temps.
Hope everyone has a great week.

Happy to hear the storm passed with little damage in your world :)
Paying overtime..we are dreaming to see the over time in my country. It do feels nice to get payed like that :thumb:

Happy to hear the storm passed with little damage in your world :)
Paying overtime..we are dreaming to see the over time in my country. It do feels nice to get payed like that :thumb:

Overtime sounds appealing and it would seem like you are making more money but in reality what happens is since you are now making more money during that pay period they tax you at a higher rate and when all is said and done and you look at your paycheck and divide your take home pay by the number of hours worked, strangely enough you are getting paid the same rate for the over-time as for the straight time.Though the government gets a nice boost of income for the week that they normally would not of gotten had you not worked it.
I make $24.90 per hour for every hour I work, my government makes $13.53 for every hour I work and the union I belong to makes $1.75 for every hour I work. For a 40 hour work week I pay $23.31 to the government for Medicare yet when the politicians talk about Medicare they claim it is an entitlement program. If I am paying every week to a government program which I am not old enough to use until I hit 65 just exactly how is it that this is an entitlement if I paid for it all these years? Hopefully the tax system in your country is not as screwed up as it is here in America. I know a lot of people here in America still chase after overtime thinking that they are getting a head but for me, I have come to the conclusion that 40 hours a week is plenty of time for work each week, I prefer to have the rest of the time for myself. I can always make more money but I can not make more time.

Sorry need to stay off the darn soap box..

Turns out I did have 2 branches break out at my brothers which we did not see the day of the storm but all in all I would say I was very lucky. I hope Major Pita faired as well as I did. From the looks of things I will be harvesting the plant out at my brothers in 2 weeks from now and the one at my place in 3 weeks. Now all I need is for the freezing weather to stay away for 3 to 4 weeks and I will be a happy camper.

I have been away quite a bit but wow I have been neglecting your grow. It is truly amazing that you got those results so far without even adding extra bites. I wish I could do the outdoor like you OG. It makes me want to move somewhere like Oregon. I say for the indoor Malawi, truck it on over to Major Pitas house and start rosin pressing the hell out of it! Being Malawi it will probably make psychedelic rosin!

For next years grow check out this Dark Dragon from kingdom Organic seeds. I am growing her indoor and she is coming on fast. Supposed to be a huge yield and very powerful buzz. Plus she is mold resistant and has a slightly open bud structure that would do wonders outdoors. Cheers my friend. I will be back on more so I will find my way here more often!

Praying for light rains for moisture but otherwise nice weather and warm sunshine. Let's see those gals all finish!

Well at least one MG made it.. It s chop time.. just got home and will start back up 1st thing in the morning. Only took 2 pictures but I could not decide which bud shot I liked better the original or the cropped version so I am posting both since I liked both pictures.

IMG_097038.jpg
IMG_097238.jpg
IMG_0972_1_1.jpg

So apparently it is possible to grow MG in the Portland area and take it all the way to finish, who would have guessed? I will say it was a stressful grow so far and I still have time to develop bud rot on the plant at my house since it is a week behind this plant for some reason. Rain wind and generally shitty weather and it made it.. all in all I am chalking this grow up as a success for now or at least till next week :rofl::rofl:

Beautiful OG. :thumb: However I do not envy your trimming duties. Wanna borrow the electric shears I use on Roscoe? :biglaugh:

Good morning RM I am not all that thrilled about my trimming duties either plus I had to remind my brother that I was there to help him during his trimming when I was not working.Hopefully by the next big harvests I will not have such issues. I talked with the wife ands has given me a budget to work with. I have found a source for either a trimming machine, have not made up my mind on which one I like best, one is 4k the other is around 8k, though I have also found a small CO2 extractor for 15k though it is a stripped down model with no bells or whistles and will only process up to one pound at a time. Now it is just a question of how much do I spend for what.
Speaking of trimming, looks like next weekend is booked as well for trimming, here is the plant at my house and you can see it is not as far along as the other plant.
IMG_097443.jpg
IMG_097737.jpg
IMG_097542.jpg

I also see where some of you guys have been getting into the Rosin presses and making oil that way. I saw that as well and have been researching it to see if that may be an option worth looking into but one of the guys who is doing it also has the test equiptment to test the oil after he does it and one thing he pointed out that concerned me was that parchment paper does end up in trace amounts in the oil. You could physically see it in the vile after it was deleted for the testing. Granted it is trace amounts, but I would be a smidgen curious as to the effects of smoking parchment paper and its effects on the human body, not that it is any worse then rolling papers per say but I honestly do not know what the chemical composition of parchment paper is. I do believe they are on the right track on how to remove the oils from the plant just not sure if they have perfected the method just yet. There has to be a way to do it without getting any trace elements contaminating the oil.

Have a great Saturday everyone, time to head back to trimming.

Back
Top Bottom