1st Try At DWC/Soil Grow - Huckleberry - Cherry Pie - Dogwalker OG - Malawi Gold

I hope all is well in your garden my friend! You've been quiet for the last week. Hopefully that just means you are busy growing great herb and making a few $$$.
:high-five:

Things are looking awesome my friend. I admire your ideals, though if roofers came and saw my outdoor grow they would meet my Rottweilers and find me cleaning out my AK-47 on the back porch, and all of my other guns. And I would offer them clones too. :rofl:
They would have to get through my attack cat and killer kittens to even get near my grow, and if the felines are not capable of bringing them down I have my 2nd line of defense, my commando chickens

You're a braver man than I Shiggity. I'd rather they not see my firearms. I have a lot more invested there than in my garden. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I have so much more that is important to me, which is more important then my grow. I read everyones posts about, be afraid, be very afraid, and it saddens me. Are you just as concerned about the roofers seeing you have those tomato plants in the back yard?Last I checked the grocery store does not give those away for free, they cost money too. Maybe I am ahead of my times but living in a legal state, I feel the mentality about MJ needs to change and so long as everyone sees it as a cash crop worth its weight in gold people will steal it, once everyone starts seeing it like tomatoes plants, a plant we can all grow and benefit from, people will be less likely to want to steal it.
OG!!! Holy shit bloke :) Lookin awesome. I've been down and out but not nearly as bad as it could have been thanks to you my mate :) Many many many thanks again. Hope all is good with you and yours!
Hey Growlow, sorry to hear you have been down and out my friend. I finally got my drug test and did a bowl, and watched a whole slug of the best of Benny Hill on youtube. Could not help but think of you when I was laughing my ass off. Hope you are feeling better mate.

I hope all is well in your garden my friend! You've been quiet for the last week. Hopefully that just means you are busy growing great herb and making a few $$$.
:high-five:
Funny you should mention my garden, I woke up yesterday and opened my tent and I almost started to cry. So much work put into the big Huckleberry, not to mention all the time I had invested in her. I searched the whole plant, or whats left of it and finally found one of the little critters responsible. I have checked every resource I could think of to determine what it was and how to eliminate the little bastards.
So this is what I found when I poked my head into my tent yesterday, I pray it does not spread to my other plant.

DSC_28382.jpg

Apparently these critters only eat a small slice of each branch until the branch falls from the plant then they pack all the branches into a different area to nibble off the sugar leaves and fan leaves before hanging them up on strings. They must have been busy.

DSC_28241.jpg
DSC_28221.jpg
DSC_28412.jpg
DSC_28403.jpg
DSC_28261.jpg

The one nice thing about these critters is they must be big fans of 420 Magazine because not only did they trim my bud for me and hang it up, but they also did a nice bud wash before hanging.

Apparently they decided that some was not worth the effort to trim hence what was left on the plant and what was hanging in the bathroom, they left me a not telling me to "Make some hash" with this crap. which I just may do. My biggest complaint with these critters has been they did not give me a wet weight, but being experienced an all I can make a guess on dry weight even without knowing the wet weight. Just by the look of what is hanging, I bet I have at least a gram and a half maybe even as much as 2 grams total dry product.

Sorry about being so quiet lately, been busy every day between framing in my friends new grow rooms and sheet rocking to wiring, then there is the other crap, work, and the daily honey does. I also am heading over to Montana for a week or two here very shortly so I need to get that trip set up, life is like growing weed, so many strains, so little time, so many things to do, so little time.

I received a call from a husband of one of my wife friends who wants me to come over to his home and check out his garden, apparently he is having some issues and needs some advice, hopefully he is a little sharper then his wife..lol

So here is what the back yard looks like today,
DSC_28361.jpg
DSC_28293.jpg

Be safe my friends and be well:circle-of-love:

They would have to get through my attack cat and killer kittens to even get near my grow, and if the felines are not capable of bringing them down I have my 2nd line of defense, my commando chickens

:thedoubletake::cheesygrinsmiley::laughtwo::rofl::rofl::rofl::drool::drool: :smokin:

Good to hear from you! Looking great outside and a nice chop inside! :yahoo:

Here is a look at the root system from the Huckleberry, it is the best I could do without cutting her up
DSC_28421.jpg
DSC_2845.jpg
DSC_2844.jpg
DSC_28431.jpg

I really hate not being able to reuse pots and things like that but I think this basket is toast, I will try to cut the roots out but I can see that sections of the basket are split and broken, just hope it is not to bad

Thanks Noob4x4grow they are actually a lot smaller then my 200 gallon potted plant. I am heading out in a bit to run errands and will try to get some update pictures of her as well. From what my brother is telling me is I need to put a 3rd layer of netting on already. I was hoping not to have to until the middle of next month but apparently it is growing like a "weed":rofl:

Looks very lovely there OG. I don't lock my doors here. In fact I don't even know where the key to my place, is or if I even have one anymore. Some of it is the luxury of circumstance and the benefits of living where I live. Some of it is just being pigheaded- because I want to make a peaceful bubble here and don't want to live in fear. I have a neighbour with alarm systems and cameras and all that jazz. She can't go anywhere without locking down everything. Seems like her constant fear never eases though, even with all the security, and anyway she seems to spend half her time freaking out looking for misplaced keys...
Those chickens do look extremely vigilant.

Good morning everyone,
I apologize for not doing any reports as of late but things just kind of happened and I simply did not have enough time. I went to Montana to visit my Mother, though my work kept me from knowing exactly when I was going to be free to go so when I did know I was going to be able to go I had a very short notice. I was able to get the huckleberry harvested which you all are aware of, though I would have preferred to wait one more week on her but had I not taken her down when I did, it would have been to late. I did not have time to get a wet weight on her and have yet to get a dry weight on her, so when she is finished curing I will get a dry weight on her.
I had a great time in Montana visiting family, a few of my cousins came over for a BBQ and brought their spouses and we all sat around and smoked some hash and talked about the "Good Old Days"

I had planned on posting a picture of myself conveniently stopping on the highway to take a hit at the 420 mile marker but some SOB beat me to it and stole it, there was a mile marker 419 then the next mile marker was 421. Just a fun fact, not every state has a 420 mile marker in it, the markers start at 0 and build so unless your state is at least 420 miles long or the road winds a lot it will not happen. The longest I could find in Washington was mile marker 299 which is just east of Spokane on the Idaho border.

I had my wife and son water my plants for me while I was out of town and they appear to be none worse for the wear, they have grown a little since I left, well at least the ones in the back yard have, I have not made it out to check on the big one yet, plan to do that this afternoon after I finish unpacking and soak in the tub for a few hours.
My trip was uneventful, other then a few deer running out into my lane while driving 80 in Montana, but they were avoided and I was lucky enough to do both the trip over and back without seeing or being in any kind of accidents.

I will get some pictures up soon.
Hope everyone has been having a great summer

Welcome back OG!
'bout time. :rofl:

Sounds like a fun trip OG. Congrats on the harvests even if it was a little early. We've all been there. Looking forward to the pictures.

Cheers
:roorrip:
It was a fun trip for the most part, I really enjoyed smoking hash with my cousins, they are all considerably older then me so when we were younger, we really did not hang out with each other, too bad too because they really are great people as it turns out. I will be getting a few pictures up some time today..

Hey OG glad you got to visit your Mom. Sometimes you gotta cut early when real life asks you to.

I am too but there was so much I wanted to say to her before she dies and I wanted to say them to her face but I never really got the opportunity to do so. I fear this was the last time I will ever see her alive, so I am thinking that it would be a good time for me to sit down and write her a letter since I do feel it is something I need to say. While I was in Billings I did buy her a cassette recorder and 9 hours of tapes, I asked her to record he biography of her life as she remembers it. He father made a recording before he died though only 4 hours long it was very nice to learn a few things about his life I would have never known had he not made those tapes.

Boy oh boy you've been one busy bastid! Looking forward to seeing your update bloke :)
I just checked out your journal and I see you are a bit busy yourself. I hope your adventure is a safe one, I have always dreamed of traveling there and spending some time just admiring the beauty that country has to offer.

Welcome back OG!
'bout time. :rofl:

Thanks MP
While I had a great time in Montana and on the road traveling there, I must say when I saw that sign that said "Welcome to Oregon" I felt at home. I still have my indoor MG to finish up and then it is time to do some house cleaning for this fall. I am looking forward to the break where all I have to worry about is my outdoor girls.

Speaking of outdoor girls I need to jump over and see how your ladies are doing:high-five:

Well it has been a challenge but I finally got my pictures to up load so better late then never as I always say.

I got a dry weight on the Huckleberry, though I was a bit disappointed with her. I finished up with slightly over 12 ounces of useable meds from her. Still not bad from a single plant but I was kind of expecting a better showing from her.

DSC_097213.jpg

I would love to be able to shut down my tent for the rest of the summer but it appears I have a straggler in the mix.

DSC_09318.jpg

The ladies in the back yard apparently did not get the memo, they were suppose to stay below 6 feet tall but three of my 4 plants are already taller then my fence. I took a few pictures from different views of the gals out back and like a pervert I had to take a few pictures up under their skirts.

DSC_093212.jpg
DSC_09345.jpg
DSC_09398.jpg
DSC_09387.jpg
DSC_094310.jpg
DSC_094510.jpg
DSC_09499.jpg
DSC_095115.jpg
DSC_095411.jpg
DSC_09588.jpg
DSC_09606.jpg
DSC_09616.jpg

here is my plant in the 200 gallon pot
DSC_09364.jpg
DSC_09358.jpg
DSC_09333.jpg

Here is a picture of my brothers garden

DSC_09478.jpg

and one of the gardens I am currently helping with

DSC_095513.jpg

I am also helping at least one other grower with his garden but he is still a bit camera shy, hopefully next year he will not object to me taking pictures of his garden.

All in all I have kept pretty busy this summer with all of the different grows I have been involved with, while they have been fun to watch them all progress, next year I hope to spend more time on my own grow and a little less on other peoples gardens.
Hope all is green and healthy in your world

Back
Top Bottom