Urdedpal's Journal

Don't think I'm not paying attention :laughtwo: I'm soaking up all this cloning info real nice. Good stuff, thanks! .

If you want, I can give detailed info about the DIY (do it yourself) DWC (deep water culture) cloner.
I can show you how to build it, what materials you need and how much the materials cost plus detailed instructions on how to use it and why it is the easiest, lowest maintenance and cheapest way to clone.
I like doing projects like this sometimes. And yes, you can transfer to dirt after the rooting period.
Just say the word and I will get started on this right after I transplant the clones and start flowering them this weekend.
Its ashame you can't see my original journal. It went threw five strains and was very long but there was useful info in them.

That'd be awesome..... I used rockwool and a dome last time and though everthing was a success from what I've read DWC is the way to go.
I'll be waiting:cheesygrinsmiley:

If you want, I can give detailed info about the DIY (do it yourself) DWC (deep water culture) cloner.
I can show you how to build it, what materials you need and how much the materials cost plus detailed instructions on how to use it and why it is the easiest, lowest maintenance and cheapest way to clone.
I like doing projects like this sometimes. And yes, you can transfer to dirt after the rooting period.
Just say the word and I will get started on this right after I transplant the clones and start flowering them this weekend.
Its ashame you can't see my original journal. It went threw five strains and was very long but there was useful info in them.

Please do, I'd love to have a project to work on during the day, I got nothing but time :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sorry guys for not being around so often lately. Been real busy with other shit. I got the clones transplanted today. Should be able to give a proper update by tomorrow then after I review the grow room I should be able to start that DWC project for ya. Also my Blueberries and Cheese Journal should start in about 2 weeks. Dutch passion blueberry and big budda cheese. Should become a more proper journal than this one. (more detailed about the grow instead of mostly pics and me yammering about yakity yak) Please remember that this journal is mostly fun and to show ya what I am doing now.

Cheese?!?! I remember watching Pot.tv a while back and one of the guys commented on a strain that a grower brought in that he called "The Cheese" because it tasted like cheese. Is this the same thing? If so I am very interested in this strain. I hope you can go in to specifics as to what works best with growing the strain.

Only thing I really know about it as of right now is it is suppose to taste like cheese and it was this year's cannabis cup winner. I should have more info once I start that journal.
Well it took me longer than I thought but here's another update. These pics were taken on the 12th.
The clones are doing well. I planted 2 per pot cause I am mostly after main colas. They very close together and I should be able to spread them farther apart after I harvest the 5 plants from seed.

DSC00009_edited-1.jpg

The clones went into flower on the 8th. There are 2 white skunk, 6 Lucky Queens, and 16 double funs. 24 plants total. I decided not to use the 600w and just stick with the 2 1000s taking advantage of the light rail setup. My electric has been too high and this makes the wife nag.

DSC00008_edited-12.jpg

Here's a pic of the chronic. She is still the smallest of the plants but buds are filling out nice and I have good color. Chronics are slow bud producers that normally fatten late during the flower cycle. Her only true disadvantage is that she is placed between the lights.

DSC00005_edited-13.jpg

Here's a pic of the main cola. The pic really doesn't do her justice but it still gives you an ideal of the size to compare when I harvest.

DSC00004_edited-11.jpg

Here are two pics of some of the buds on the double fun. Most of the leaf damage is do to the plant being too tall and becoming too close to the lamp. This can't be helped cause she is already tied down and now the branches are too stiff. I know its the light cause the parts of the plant that are not directly hit by the light are a nice green color.

DSC00001_edited-14.jpg

DSC00002_edited-16.jpg

I will post a pic of the whole plant on the next update. There is no main cola. LST has been applyed heavily and has been done multiple times. But there should be a bunch of fat nugs.

This is one of the Lucky Queens. I am finding out the hard way that these girls are heavy feeders that seem to prefer their ppm around 1100 to 1200 and the ph at around 6.2 and below. I just gotta be careful not to overdose the chronic with nutes. Chronics prefer a slighly lower ppm range so we shall see. She is also pretty close to the light but for the most part I am happy with the growth. These pics were taken on day 35 in flower.

DSC00003_edited-14.jpg

This is a pic of the main cola of the other Lucky queen. Poor girl gets hit with air coming from the air conditioner. When I set up this grow room, I made to grow small to mediem size plants not 4 footers. Still looks good and these girls show a large number of trichs.

DSC00006_edited-11.jpg

This is the white skunk. I am dissapointed in this plant cause I have done better with this strain in the past. I already knew she's alil bit on the heavy feeder side but alot of the problem again stems from the light being too close to the plant. Her super large fan leaves definately do not like this much light and this plant buds should be larger. She is large calaxed and super heavy with trichs not to mention the odor off her is super strong but she is missing girth. I like my ladies fat so this is why she is a dissapointment. I will keep the 2 white skunk clones on the outer fringes of the grow op and see if this helps with them.

DSC00012_edited-13.jpg

And here's a group shot. End of update.

DSC00011_edited-13.jpg

everything looks beautiful man looks like you going to get a very nice harvest :allgood:

Looks like your gonna be a very happy man in the near future:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

I have a question though... you were saying about lst'in and that they really don't have a main cola because of... well I'm curious, did they stretch just as much when you switched the lights?? Also not sure if you have any experience but, do flowering clones have a reduced amount of stretch???

BTW:clap: keep it up:peace:

good job man.... We appreciate the love and care that goes into tending these beautiful plants that we cherish so much.

Looks like your gonna be a very happy man in the near future:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

I have a question though... you were saying about lst'in and that they really don't have a main cola because of... well I'm curious, did they stretch just as much when you switched the lights?? Also not sure if you have any experience but, do flowering clones have a reduced amount of stretch???

BTW:clap: keep it up:peace:

LST ( Low stress training) is a method of tieing down the plants either once or continuously to control height but if a few laterals grow taller than the main cola they will compete to become the new main cola. Its a hormonal trigger that many plants have and marijuana is one of them. A high amount of auxins (thats a hormone) are sent to the tallest points of the plants which works in conjunction with two other main hormones (Names I forgot) that changes the growth pattern of the plant. The same thing happens when you top a plant but tieing down is less stressful.
This basicly means that if you want to keep the central cola intact, you need to make sure the lateral branches don't get higher than main stalk or the laterals will compete to become another main cola.

Clones stretch just like the seed plant. How much they stretch depends on root development. Since most people don't see this, they normally don't know about it. Only real reason why a clone plant is about 25% smaller in size and yeild is because of how they were brought into this world. A seed has a natural taproot right from the beginning while a clone or clipping is forced to develop a taproot.

hey man just droppin in havent been around in a while, good to see your still up to your usuall awesome stuff. everything looks great but then again your shit usually does. hit me up with a pm sometime man, let me know how things are goin.

peace Endo

Its really good to see another old friend, How have ya been? Are you still active in growing?

good job man.... We appreciate the love and care that goes into tending these beautiful plants that we cherish so much.

Thank you for the kind words but overall, I am not happy with this grow. My timing with clones was horrible and because the renovation took too long, The plants from seeds are just too tall for the way I setup up the flower room. I prefer smaller plants because of less trimming and more main colas when I sog a larger amount of plants..

I learned a lot too. This grow is really cool. Its fun to watch how big you let them get during vegging (looks like trees), then how you recovered the height with the tie downs (LST). Very informational. Can't wait to see how they progress.

Back
Top Bottom