Some set up pics

LOL, Thats for sure. Some super stinky stuff!!!!

And Im not to sure how I am going to plant the corn yet. Is staggered planting one to the right, one to the left with 12-15 inches in between? I think ill just till up a few patches around my yard and transplant them randomly.

Are you guys having trouble navigating the site today? My forums won't load. I'm forced into my phone to post

LOL, Thats for sure. Some super stinky stuff!!!!

And Im not to sure how I am going to plant the corn yet. Is staggered planting one to the right, one to the left with 12-15 inches in between? I think ill just till up a few patches around my yard and transplant them randomly.

My wife has me interplanting corn with those big Russian sunflowers. I'm planning about 12 inches on the diagonal staggered for the corn and sunflowers packed in between

I also have some skyscraper sunflowers that I will be planting. They are huge!

Update: I got home last night to see the Northern lights seedling had dried totally out. I Put her in a matchbox and buried her. RIP. I also found that The Chronic #2 seedling was as hard as a rock. I opened up the rw to see what was going on. It looks like one of the Cy leaves got stuck in the seed shell and couldn't quite make it up. SO SAD. So right now, I have 3 out of 6 of the original ladies growing. 2 White Widow and 1 Juicy Chronic. Ill keep an eye on the Hawaiian Skunk Haze, and hopefully wont get any more death!

The JC #1 is doing good. This morning, It looked like she grew a
DSCF30803.JPG
DSCF30833.JPG
little since last night. She even has a small root showing in the net cup. I cant wait until she takes off and starts to really grow.

Question for you guys. I took a ph reading of the nutes last night and they were are at 8.0. The PPM was at 350. The temp was 78.5, same as room temp. I brought the ph back down to 5.8. By the time i remeasured this morning, the ph was up to 7.2 and the PPM was at 425. Does that seem normal? I dropped the ph back to 5.8, so i guess ill see tonight what its at. Does the ppm seem right. I only used 1/4 of the manufacturers reco levels. Why is the ppm rising? Is it the salt in the nutes? I plan to change the nutes every friday.

Question for you guys. I took a ph reading of the nutes last night and they were are at 8.0. The PPM was at 350. The temp was 78.5, same as room temp. I brought the ph back down to 5.8. By the time i remeasured this morning, the ph was up to 7.2 and the PPM was at 425. Does that seem normal? I dropped the ph back to 5.8, so i guess ill see tonight what its at. Does the ppm seem right. I only used 1/4 of the manufacturers reco levels. Why is the ppm rising? Is it the salt in the nutes? I plan to change the nutes every friday.

Maybe the water is evaporating quickly at that temperature. Bringing up the PH, and PPM as the water level drops.

Thanks for joining me Guys! Just the fact I have experienced growers looking over me, I love!

Thanks Toker. I topped off the nutes last night and when I got up this morning, it had only risen .02 ph. Looks like that will work fine! But I definitely need to chill the water. It being at room temp is a little hot hot. I have to drop it by 10 degrees or so. Looks like Ill have to get a chiller.

The last few days, I have been going around my house checking all the coax cable connections. I have found nothing loose or hanging. I have been busting my head trying to curb this RF. There might be a few more things I can try. I read that wrapping the cord from the ballast to the lights might help. And also to wrap the ballast boxes in aluminum foil. Ill give it a shot. Like I said before. I have no intentions of turning my lights off. If I cant fix the problem and they trace it to the garden, then so be it. Ill let them figure out how to fix it. I can't go spending 1500$ wrapping the tent in copper mesh to make a faraday cage. Im growing all kinds of fruits and veggies, so they wont find shit if they try n bust me. Just a few ladies that will be easily moved and hidden.

Anyway, here are a few pics of the JC at day 11 and 12. Maybe tonight ill get home and see some of the Hawaiian sprouts.
jcday11.jpg
jcday12.jpg

I also read that ferrite beads work well to reduce the rf signals. I picked up a few this afternoon and will install them tonight. Man, hopefully something works!
ferrite_beads.jpg

Alright guys. I installed the ferrite beads. Two on each ballast line to the lights, and Two from the ballast to the lighting timer. Hopefully when we call to make the appointment, they say there is no more interference. We will see. But where do u think the best place is to put the beads? at far ends of the cords? or close together?

Update. Juicy Chronic #3 did not sprout, but 2 of the Hawaiian Skunk haze popped up this morning. Ill get some pics up tonight. But I did run into a problem with my White Widow ladies. Last night, it looked like the edges of the leaves were turing brown, or dried. Im not to sure, but I think I might have burned them. They have only had water at this point, so its not nute burn. Maybe the heating mat is hotter than the display tells me? Either way, I took them outa the dome and put them into the hydro last night. This morning they looked the same, so I'll see tonight if they are going to bounce back.

I also did my first nute change last night. What a pain! I bumped up the solution from 1/4 to 1/2 strength. I dont know if its me making a mountain out of a mole hill, but it took me 3 hours to drain, totally rinse and scrub the res, mix the new nutes and get them back in. Are you supposed to clean the entire res? There was alot of crap down in there. It was actually greenish on the bottom. Im thinking it was a comb of the nutes, the rockwool and roots from the Strawberry plants. Also, the submersible pump thats in the res doesn't quite pump all the water out. I had to use a cup to get the remaining 2-3 gallons out. Is that normal?

Here are a few pics of the WW and HSH. Sorry about the quality. I took the pics with my phone this morning. What do you think?
WW144.jpg
WW229.jpg
Hawaiian1_2.jpg

Hi Cannabis 1, the babies look good, I can't remember if you put your grow tent on a separate breaker or not? If not, Have you considered running a separate line from the fuse box for your grow room? You might be overloading the outlet that you are plugged into and the extra draw might cause the feedback. Or switch to satellite. I wish I knew something about hydro and aeroponics. Have you been by CO Finest's DWC grow journal? He could tell you about the res, temps and cleanout and all that. I'm pretty sure you want to do a complete clean on the res though, especially if you have any sludge or slime and green in the bottom. As far as the water temps, I've heard guys using frozen water bottles in their res to bring the temp down, plus you could refreeze and use over and over again. I can't wait until you have it up and running full bore. I'm really interested in seeing it in action and learning. Good Luck with the cable guy!

Here are a few pics of the WW and HSH. Sorry about the quality. I took the pics with my phone this morning. What do you think?
WW144.jpg
WW229.jpg
Hawaiian1_2.jpg

It seems to me that the Rockwool in the 1st and 2nd images may be a little too moist or you just watered them. Either way, they look happy and well.

Thanks Shadowman. I am using some frozen water bottles now. We will see how they work. I should be able to rotate 4. 2 in the Nutes while the other two are refreezing. Also, I didn't run a separate power line for the lights. They are plugged into an outlet up in my room above the garden. My father actually had a lot of static on his land line phone this morning. We took the filters off the lights, no change. We turned the lights off, no change. Then we turned every single thing off in the garden, and that didn't make a difference. So im not sure what the hell is going on. The only other thing I can think of is that maybe the neutral and ground wires are sharing a bar in the main Electrical box. Ill check that tonight.

Updates: My two WW ladies are looking horrible. I m pretty sure that they were struggling for moisture in the air. I cant get the humidity past 35%. I bought a crappy humidifier yesterday and it didnt work at all. So I returned it and got a BIG unit from HomoDepot. Ill get that bad boy running tonight and see how it works.
The 2 ww ladies were hurting for a few days before I got them into the Hydro. The original Chronic is doing great! She has been growing faster everyday but I did notice a little browning on her leaf tips. It is not nutes. They are only at 1/2 right now. She actually showed the browning the night that I changed the nutes, so Is got to be an atmospheric Issue. Temp is good at 75-81 degrees. Its the Humidity. I also read that is the plants leaves reach upward, its a sign they are looking more moisture. I cant get my pics loaded, my email is f'd up. Ill try and get the pics up asap

And All 4 of the Hawaiian Haze have sprouted!!!! Maybe have to replace the 2 ww anyway, so works out great!

Here is WW 1
IMAG002523.jpg

WW2
IMAG002628.jpg

Hawaiian Haze
IMAG000924.jpg

Chronic 1
IMAG002430.jpg
IMAG001624.jpg
IMAG002229.jpg
IMAG002332.jpg

Look at the edge of the leaf. Im pretty sure it was the humidity