Utopian Submarine - 2000W, Indoor, Perpetual

Papa and SungodThanks to both of you explaining the real truth about SCROGs. I always thought they were allot of work and now I know for sure.
For someone like me it would have to be elevated so I could walk under it.
That means expensive. So, I don't think I will ever do one, but I still think it's a good way to grow. Optimizing space.

being over 6' tall I think I'm going to look into doing a sea of green ebb and flow system elevated waist high. this way I can tend to the ladies in comfortable upright position. no more ninja moves at watering time. yeah.

being over 6' tall I think I'm going to look into doing a sea of green ebb and flow system elevated waist high. this way I can tend to the ladies in comfortable upright position. no more ninja moves at watering time. yeah.

You're a wise man Sungod.:grinjoint:

Papa and SungodThanks to both of you explaining the real truth about SCROGs. I always thought they were allot of work and now I know for sure.
For someone like me it would have to be elevated so I could walk under it.
That means expensive. So, I don't think I will ever do one, but I still think it's a good way to grow. Optimizing space.

Papa When you write its like standing next to you. Great work.
Now, the experimental stage is over and you have all you need, just as you planned.:nicethread::cheer:

Hey man, great to see you back and updating!
Lovely photos as usual and it's good to hear all is well in the sub!

Thanks guys. And yes - as I eliminate plants like the AK, and settle into the rotation - the work load has decreased dramatically.

Yep. I'm only 39 but I hurt after working on the scrog. And getting to the back, using one arm to support on the wall and the other to work, its pretty tiring quickly. Also, one of my own mental rules is that its always better to have two hands on a stem when bending, which is hard to do if one must be used to support your weight. And when I was placing the stuff underneath at the back - after getting the first few branches in - no more lifting the screen, so I was crammed in there like a damn tunnel rat or something. Arms in front, feet off the ground, laying on my belly.

Anyways - all good now I think.

Working on a new Sub right now. If this one is diesel, the next is nuclear.

;)

No real update. All is well. Clones doing fine. Gotta get more today. No idea yet when I will be harvesting the DH or Kali.

That's it for now. Pics coming soon.

Still Waiting

The Dog Hair just keeps chugging along. Starting to see the very first amber finally. less than 1% right now though still. I definitely kinda goofed on their timing - not gonna go into it - but suffice it to say I goofed a little ;) But she's gonna be just fine me thinks...

DH_top_top_still_waiting.jpg

DH_top_bottom_still_waiting.jpg

:yummy:

Lots of great info on the ScroG method and some killer plants Papa! :bravo: and +Rep

I've been thinking of doing a ScroG with one Kali plant in a tub, long veg time to get the screen filled and the screen mounted so it can be raised. When I read about all that extra work I get turned right off tho. "Work" is the most offensive four-letter word in the English language IMO! lol

Having the tub on a dolly like I do now would likely make it easier to work on the screen I think. Rolls around real easy on the cement floor and the 4 or 5" of lost height wouldn't be an issue with ScroG.

Great growing man! :popcorn:

:peace:

Hey Papa - love that shot of the dog hair bud! Saw the pic... nice bud... scroll down... more nice bud... scroll down... more nice bud... scrolling... scrolling... scrolling... wow ;)

So, how many days was that plant in 12/12 flower before you started seeing amber trichomes?

She was flipped to 12/12 on Dec 26th. So I guess 2 months exactly. I haven't checked tris today, but I hope to start flushing at the end of today.

Lots of great info on the ScroG method and some killer plants Papa! :bravo: and +Rep

I've been thinking of doing a ScroG with one Kali plant in a tub, long veg time to get the screen filled and the screen mounted so it can be raised. When I read about all that extra work I get turned right off tho. "Work" is the most offensive four-letter word in the English language IMO! lol

Having the tub on a dolly like I do now would likely make it easier to work on the screen I think. Rolls around real easy on the cement floor and the 4 or 5" of lost height wouldn't be an issue with ScroG.

Great growing man! :popcorn:

Thanks!

I think if you did one plant in a mini scrog, and especially on wheels - I think you'd enjoy a scrog. You have plenty of experience with the plants, so working with them won't be as stressful, and with easy access, you could crank through a scrog easily I'm sure. I'm building another today on wheels for exactly that reason.

The real problem with ScrOG is the difficulty of accessing the entire plant. A single plant ScrOG on wheels would be very easy to access. I found if I could access the plant then the work of training is kind of relaxing. For me, with 8 plants under the screen it became too difficult to manage and I ended up cutting the screen away near the end. A plant or two in a screen should be manageable for you. Besides you can always cut the screen off whenever you tire of it. I say give it a try LabRat420, and see what becomes of it!

Hey Lab Rat, I'd love to see what you could do with a ScrOG. I wouldn't be put off too much by the work involved - in my experience it's not that much. With one plant I'd think you could keep it under control with 10 or 15 minutes of training a day. And the training period is relatively short lived - from week 3 of veg to about week 3 or 4 of flower - until the stretch is over. I'd also suggest switching to flower when the screen is only 60% full or so so you can take advantage of all that stretch growth - if the screen is full once stretch starts there's no where to go but up.

The real problem with ScrOG is the difficulty of accessing the entire plant. A single plant ScrOG on wheels would be very easy to access. I found if I could access the plant then the work of training is kind of relaxing. For me, with 8 plants under the screen it became too difficult to manage and I ended up cutting the screen away near the end. A plant or two in a screen should be manageable for you. Besides you can always cut the screen off whenever you tire of it. I say give it a try LabRat420, and see what becomes of it!

Hey Lab Rat, I'd love to see what you could do with a ScrOG. I wouldn't be put off too much by the work involved - in my experience it's not that much. With one plant I'd think you could keep it under control with 10 or 15 minutes of training a day. And the training period is relatively short lived - from week 3 of veg to about week 3 or 4 of flower - until the stretch is over. I'd also suggest switching to flower when the screen is only 60% full or so so you can take advantage of all that stretch growth - if the screen is full once stretch starts there's no where to go but up.

I agree completely with both.

Quick Update:

All's well in the Sub. Getting close on the Dog Hair and Kali. Not going to try to venture a real guess yet. Hoping the DH will be starting flush today.

The scrog is doing well.

All is right in the Sub.

Pics later.

Sounds good slimm! :thumb: +Rep

That's what I figured. Veg and fill the screen about 2/3 then 12/12 and fill the rest with the stretch. Definitely worth thinking about.

Up here they count any living plant as $1000 worth of product be it clone or flowering 6' tree! lol

With new laws maybe coming in to effect in a few months, even one plant may get me a 6 month mandatory vacation at the GreyBar hotel. Oh well, 3 hots and a cot! :rofl:

C'ya L8r.

That's what I figured. Veg and fill the screen about 2/3 then 12/12 and fill the rest with the stretch. Definitely worth thinking about.

Up here they count any living plant as $1000 worth of product be it clone or flowering 6' tree! lol

With new laws maybe coming in to effect in a few months, even one plant may get me a 6 month mandatory vacation at the GreyBar hotel. Oh well, 3 hots and a cot! :rofl:

C'ya L8r.

Sixth months. Fk me drunk!!! Thats heavy man. Time to move IMO.:peace:

Almost There!

Took a few test buds today from the Dog Hair. The Kali is definitely of the 70-90 day variety, as is the DH apparently.

Anyways, here's pics of one of the DH test buds:

dog_hair_test_bud.jpg

dog_hair_test_bud_cu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom