Utopian Submarine - 2000W, Indoor, Perpetual

Job well done PAPA. now thats going to be the one to watch. Keep us updated on that ones growth. :bravo:
Thanks, B! You're actually the perfect person to ask for some advice on a silly little question, but its got ethical and philosophical ramifications for me.

From a breeder's perspective what would you do if...

That nice cola is from bag seed. I am 99% sure its Jack Herer. It looks like the Jack I had, smells, taste, grow time - everything points to Jack Herer. But I have been calling it DogHair just because I wasn't sure. So, do you think I should call it by what I think it is, or keep calling it bagseed?

:peace:

PS - Anyone else is welcome to chime in as well.

Mini Update:

All is going very well. I believe I have turned the tide in the war.

Whenever I start out a scrog I always tell myself to make sure to get enough plants or big enough plants to fill it for sure.

Then I go through a phase where I wonder if I put too many plants in or let them get too big. It feels like every day I put in hours to keep the scrog in check and I still fall behind.

Then all of a sudden I get to the phase where I'm doing the same work, but the canopy is getting better. That's where I am now. Finally.:slide:

The final phase is the best. In a week or two the scrog will be set and there will be very little adjustment left to do. Then its sit back and enjoy the ride time.

Other mini updates:

I was short a pump fitting to add the pump to my aero-cloner easily, so I just did a few other methods. Pics later.

I am still harvesting and trimming the SD scrog. Got some more pics to come later. I'm up to 700g trimmed, a little over half done. I think dry weight will be about 30-40% because they've had no water this whole time. Tonight is all about Hulu and harvesting.

:bong::bong::bong:

Thanks, B! You're actually the perfect person to ask for some advice on a silly little question, but its got ethical and philosophical ramifications for me.

From a breeder's perspective what would you do if...

That nice cola is from bag seed. I am 99% sure its Jack Herer. It looks like the Jack I had, smells, taste, grow time - everything points to Jack Herer. But I have been calling it DogHair just because I wasn't sure. So, do you think I should call it by what I think it is, or keep calling it bagseed?

PS - Anyone else is welcome to chime in as well.

I would probably continue to call it DogHair or DogHerer if you may. Don't know. To me a name has more commercial value than sentimental value. Looking forward to seeing the pics of the harvest. In any case enjoy thr fruits of your labor.

SD Mid Harvest Pics

Here are 3 quick pics of the SD scrog right now. Gonna hit it hard. Man were those plants in the back suffering. The difference between this one and the one in the new space is amazing. I am really pretty amazed I didn't have a mold prob. Gonna give myself props on that one - I was pretty religious about conditions and ventilation.

sd_scrog_half_cut.jpg

sd_scrog_half_cut_2.jpg

I like this one - a wall of buds 6" high. :smokin: The whole scrog is pretty much like this. I have a bunch of other pics, but I've gotten behind on sorting and posting.
sd_wall_o_bud_l.jpg

Back to it.
:rollit::rollit::rollit:

wow, back tracked to pick up that info i skipped over the other night.
I had know idea! Thanks for the read.

Good insight into your practices bud, plenty of elements you have to control yeah!

Beautiful boxes of bud mmmmmmmmmmmmm good.:grinjoint:

Yeah. The drying shots never seem to capture the glory. I think they are pics that are always more exciting for the photographer than the viewer.

wow, back tracked to pick up that info i skipped over the other night.
I had know idea! Thanks for the read.

Good insight into your practices bud, plenty of elements you have to control yeah!

Right on. Props for going back. That's good stuff in that read.

Mini Update:

All's well. Wrapping up the harvest and getting some Visquene hung tonight. Got a friend coming over to help.

I just gotta say three things out loud cause I'm sooo excited.

1 - The SD scrog is my best yet! I'm pretty sure I will get about 3/4 lb dried. Not bad from 6.5 sq ft, 6 plants and 1 600w.

2 - I never officially announced that I did get 100% female from all the Barney's seeds. I know its a little late for that one - but I realized I never said it out loud.

3 - Judging from the current scrog, I have every reason to believe that the Barney's scrog will yield 1g/w. Got my fingers crossed.

Tune in later for pics of everything.

:slide::peace:

Re: SD Mid Harvest Pics

Here are 3 quick pics of the SD scrog right now. Gonna hit it hard. Man were those plants in the back suffering. The difference between this one and the one in the new space is amazing. I am really pretty amazed I didn't have a mold prob. Gonna give myself props on that one - I was pretty religious about conditions and ventilation.

sd_scrog_half_cut.jpg

sd_scrog_half_cut_2.jpg

I like this one - a wall of buds 6" high. :smokin: The whole scrog is pretty much like this. I have a bunch of other pics, but I've gotten behind on sorting and posting.
sd_wall_o_bud_l.jpg

Back to it.
:rollit::rollit::rollit:

Very nice hard dense looking buds. I love fat ol' calyxes like that. Makes for a nice dried/cured product

Re: SD Mid Harvest Pics

Very nice hard dense looking buds. I love fat ol' calyxes like that. Makes for a nice dried/cured product

Thanks! These are the densest buds I've grown yet. I knew there would be some gradient between the tops exposed to the light and whats under - but the scrog was so dense it was visible within an inch of each other. The tops are crazy dense and the stuff under is as fluffy as anything I've ever grown. Got prolly two ounces of popcorn that wasn't weighed. Mmmmmm - can you say hash experiments. :smokin:

I guess this would be as good a time as any for a smoke report...

Based on what I took 8 days ago, that has now dried and gotten a 2 day cure. Wet weight was 91.9g, dried weight was 32.0g. The smoke is definitely an Indica. Its gotten a little more head high to it than I originally thought, but not much. Great pain relief and sleepytime smoke. Guaranteed to knock you out. A tiny little of the paranoia sensation, but not much. The taste is very good. No bite. the strawberry smell has receded, but that diesel taste is still there a little. It is very dense. The following is pretty representative of the good buds. This is not the biggest or smallest. All 3 pics the same bud.

sd_on_scale.jpg

sd_bud1.jpg

sd_bud_cu.jpg

:peace::rollit:

EDIT: Damn it I missed a leaf when trimming. I remember thinking when I trimmed this particular bud that it only took two snips total. Shucks. That's gonna bug me. ;)

New Sub mini Pic Update

Hi all. Taking a break - so here's some pics.

The room is starting to look like a cheap X-Files rip off which I guess is another name for the movie "Evolution." But I like that movie more than the first X-Files movie.

EDIT: Check out the PVC light mover. Who says you can't move 3 lights with a single LR 3.5 ? ;) Course I wouldn't wanna keep this permanent, or try to duct the lights, but it works for getting me going till I can afford the $500 for the right stuff.

2nd EDIT: Also, I'm holding the cam near the ceiling, so the cables look lower than they are. They are all at least 6'6" from the floor. Plenty of room to walk under. They will be wrangled soon.

x-files2.jpg

Utopia Haze, first week of 12/12:
uh_week1.jpg

UH FIM'd. I got 3.5 tops from this one. Still don't think I've gotten a perfect 4.
uh_week1_fim.jpg

Back to work. :smokin:

Harvest Done!!!!

Great Job PaPa That is one clean beautiful grow room. Easy to get around in like you said it would be.

The Haze looks really happy and healthy too. :grinjoint:

Thanks. Been watching your grow but lurking lately, just didn't have anything to add.

Looks really organized. And those bud shots are amazing!!

Thanks! Little update on that bud, the stem returned to being flexible, so it needed more drying time. Now two days later it weighs 3.6g

sd_bud_dried.jpg

And the big news - I'm done trimming!!! Damn, that one seemed like it went on forever.

:cheer::slide::cheer::slide::cheer::slide:
:smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

sd_scrog_drying.jpg

Just curious did you measuure the distance between your strings? It reminds me of boot camp having all your clothes evenly spaced.

Mini Update and Could Use Some Help

i love the smell right when you get done hanging its the best

I couldn't agree more. There is something nostalgic about it.

Fabulous harvest Papa. Looking forward to seeing if you get that 1g/w...

Thanks! I'm trying to track this one better than I usually do. I don't usually care about exact weights - I just know if I have enough that I'm not gonna run out ;)

The Barney's scrog seems to be doing very well, and if that sucker doesn't yield 1 g/w then I am definitely gonna have to go back to the starting blocks and rethink how to maximize a 600.

Just curious did you measuure the distance between your strings? It reminds me of boot camp having all your clothes evenly spaced.

Heheheh. As the DI would say - "Take care of the little things, and the big things take care of themselves." Actually you can see in the first box, I went a little diagonal and it bugged me. From there on I paid more attention. No measuring but I was careful. It makes a big difference in how easy it is to get buds in and out. I don't like that feeling of the bud rubbing a string. The strings are about 1.5" apart.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my plants. Nice setup and plants!!

Thanks! You too! :welcome:

Thanks! :cheer:

Mini Update: Life has finally slowed here a little. I am back on a regular sleep schedule, and actually have time for something other than work, grow room and sleep.

Gonna get the yard done today and get some veggies and plants outside going. Its a little late, but I still hope to get 2 tomato crops this year.

:smokin:

Also, btw if anyone has any well-informed opinions as to why the leaves in the Volde in the scrog have started to curl downwards please speak up.

Clues:

They are the only ones demonstrating the issues at every stage of the process. Both Volde plants are showing the same symptoms.

They are getting the same water and nutes as the 3 other strains - all others are doing fine.

There is no major discoloration of the leaves.

The leaves are turgid. Leading me to believe that the cells on the top are too large, or the cells on the bottom to small or soft.

I have tried high nute levels and low nute levels. I believe they like medium nutes, but low cal-mag. I have eased back on the Cal-Mag starting about two weeks ago and all my plants seem to like that better. I include that in case there's a lockout that would cause this kind of curl.

EDIT: I just got off the phone with Barney's and got a little confirmation that the Volde will like a higher nute level than the UH.

I'll get more pics later if it will help the discussion. Here's one from 2 days ago - they still look about the same - has not gotten worse, perhaps even very very slightly better.

scrog_probs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom