Welcome To My New Journal - OMMSOG

One thing I've learned, OMM, is to NEVER blame oneself for the "would'ves and could'ves" of life. You did what you should have done, which was pull yourself out of that fire...Its ok to be sad, and wish that someone else would have done something to help themselves, but her life was a product of her own decisions. She had a LOT of help throughout her life, she chose not to accept it...It is NOT your fault.
I know that I can't, but wish I could, help you see that.
Guilt is a killer, and I wish I could help you to let go of some of that...:Namaste:

Quix You know me well, my friend. Everything you said is right on. You brought tears to my eyes. I know I should let go....but part of me loves to suffer I guess. This is why I see a shrink. By the way my Shrink got me all the med appointments I couldn't get myself. In the VA, they kind of write you off after age 68. He talked to everyone involved. Good Man.
I've forgiven my self for everything else I've done. :high-five:

Hindsight will always be better. One must take solace in knowing the they did the best they could with the given circumstances and tools available at the time. Learn from it and move on. Wisdom comes from realizing the truth and not repeating the mistakes. And that Sir is your call, where the mistakes were...

Well, said my friend. You see things very clearly. I've told myself the very same things. I just have except the truth and go on. I think you and I are going to have a good friendship. Thank You! :high-five:

Hi OMM,

Wow...2 days, where was I??? Loved the story...again. The girls are awesome. Can't wait to see the sog. How's your weather now? Could you get away with one plant outside? If you end up with a male, maybe he could finish outside somewhere. Hi to Jo, hope you both are well.

:circle-of-love:

You've been fighting your heat girl. :high-five: Oh! you tempt me putting one outside. Afraid I would impregnate every plant for miles. Lots of growers around here. We have lots of trade winds.:yummy:
We've been having nice cool days with a bit of rain. Great for my indoor. Loving it. We are fine...hope you are.:love: As Mr. Krip sez "Soggy Days Ahead" :surf:

OK! All you Lurkers. I know your out there! Join the fun! We will welcome you with open arms. No Dumb questions around here! :thumb:
I guess I'll pipe in here. (Bare with me, the stroke has my thoughts a little weird sometimes. :thedoubletake: )

I have truely enjoyed your story OMM. I was offered a post in Italy in 1975. Took too long getting clearance info turned in and they sent me to Ft Bragg. After reading your tale, wish I had gone now. Oh well.

The only question I would have is about finding the right stealth strain. You know, low smells and fast growth. Seems apartments are not the best place where I live, so I have been gathering parts and looking for a property to set up my grow. When I get good and ready, I'll post the question in the strain forum. Till then, I'll just read along and send good vibes.

BTW, you should add back in the previous grows to your sig. I know I enjoyed them and learned a lot.
:popcorn:

1st class lurker here, but I'll definitely be following your journal. You OBVIOUSLY know your stuff. Speaking of which, anybody know a seedbank for good OLD SCHOOL blueberry?

I know this was a question for you OMM... But I think I know what you would say and can add a little.

OMM grew a BB from Dutch Passion, got a bad pheno unfortunately.. Not a strain he would recommend. I'd think if you wish to go "authentic"... You will have to order the expensive DJ Short version... He is the original breeder of the strain.

The one good thing about the BB from Dutch... It yielded a lot... But who cares if you wont touch it with a ten foot vapor whip?

BTW... I've had really good BB, and OMM might not know it, but he has too! :) Definitely worth going after a really nice mom, IMHWO.

EDIT! In response to Xlr8's wondering where to get DJ Short seeds... One merely has to find a seedbank of a particular mental outlook. We do not speak of non-sponsors though... So the rest is up to you :)

Hindsight will always be better. One must take solace in knowing the they did the best they could with the given circumstances and tools available at the time. Learn from it and move on. Wisdom comes from realizing the truth and not repeating the mistakes. And that Sir is your call, where the mistakes were...

No truer words have been stated !!!! I have learned SO much, most have been my mistakes.

I know this was a question for you OMM... But I think I know what you would say and can add a little.

OMM grew a BB from Dutch Passion, got a bad pheno unfortunately.. Not a strain he would recommend. I'd think if you wish to go "authentic"... You will have to order the expensive DJ Short version... He is the original breeder of the strain.

The one good thing about the BB from Dutch... It yielded a lot... But who cares if you wont touch it with a ten foot vapor whip?

I liked mine quite a bit taste wise, but it wasn't very potent, for sure. If I grew it again, though, I would try the DJ Short version, as THSea mentioned. I don't know who carries it though... Didn't see it with the sponsors here. Might have missed something though. He has a few interesting versions including what he calls "true" Blueberry, and an interesting "Sativa" Blueberry.

If you like the blueberry flavor, and don't care as much about the looks of it (Blueberry is a really beautiful plant). After vaping it for a while now, I have to say that Skywalker, by Dutch Passion is spectacular. It has Blueberry in it's lineage along with Mazar, and tastes more blueberry than their Blueberry. It's a better yielder, with nice tight nugs that are pretty, but not sexy like Blueberry. The high is much improved. In every respect but general looks, I prefer it to the Dutch Passion Blueberry. I didn't even want to like it, because I'd been so disappointed by their Blueberry in terms of yield and potency, but the Skywalker was definitely much better. Depends on if you are looking for the pretty factor or not perhaps.

For fun, here's a pic of a few second tier buds from a Dutch Passion Blueberry from a grow I did last year - the leaves got so deep purple they were almost black looking! She was definitely pretty:
april_13_blueberry2.jpg

Sorry for highjacking your thread a moment, OMM!

1st class lurker here, but I'll definitely be following your journal. You OBVIOUSLY know your stuff. Speaking of which, anybody know a seedbank for good OLD SCHOOL blueberry?

Hey Welcome Pierce89 ! :welcome:

I grew a Dutch Passion Blueberry, however it was not very potent. A friend grew one of the same and it was the same, however it was very blueberry tasting and he like it. Maybe some more growers will chine in with their thoughts and recommendations.. Also a good pace to look is Single Seeds, one of our sponsors.

Thanks for taking the plunge......and joining in. This a great place to follow your dreams. :thumb::bravo:

I guess I'll pipe in here. (Bare with me, the stroke has my thoughts a little weird sometimes. :thedoubletake: )

I have truely enjoyed your story OMM. I was offered a post in Italy in 1975. Took too long getting clearance info turned in and they sent me to Ft Bragg. After reading your tale, wish I had gone now. Oh well.

The only question I would have is about finding the right stealth strain. You know, low smells and fast growth. Seems apartments are not the best place where I live, so I have been gathering parts and looking for a property to set up my grow. When I get good and ready, I'll post the question in the strain forum. Till then, I'll just read along and send good vibes.

BTW, you should add back in the previous grows to your sig. I know I enjoyed them and learned a lot.
:popcorn:

No Problem, my new friend! You will fit right in. I don't make some sense at times either.:love:
Sorry you had a stroke...they can be devastating. I'm sure you know that though.

Oh! Man, FT Bragg instead of Italy. Bummer. We might have even met.

There is a man, THsea that can probably recommend a low smelling plant. You will probably meet him in the strain forum or here. One that did grow with low oder was a strain from Barney's Farm. It was a Violator Kush. It does grow tall though and fast.

I like your plan of gathering what you need and looking for a good property to grow on, makes all the difference in the world.

Being the old Fart that I am, I messed up my sig. Trying to get someone to help me set it up right again. See..you're going to fit right in! :thumb:

A small Update of the girls

The Vintage and the Hawaiian.

elecricand_Vantage_jpg.JPG

The beautiful White Russian.

Whtie_Russion_jpg.JPG

The SAGE

The_SAGE_jpg.JPG

The SAGE again....anyone see any balls yet?

SAGEFLRS_jpg.JPG

Lucy in the sky!

Lucy_jpg1.JPG

Lemon Skunk... she is short but sweet!

Lemon_Skunk_jpg.JPG

The Church!

Church_jpg.JPG

BCBudd;1480[COLOR="Red" said:
[/COLOR]075]Oh hi dere. Made it to the show before it was over this time.

Welcome BCBudd! Come to think of it, I think I've seen you on my shoulder sometimes. :love:
Glad your here.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom