McLoadie's Third Grow Journal

Good to see ya back bro :high-five: New room looks fantastic!!!

Good weed curso, thanks bro, I set it up so there's plenty of room for expansion. The room they are in is 88" x around ten feet. I have room to put another rig at 90 degrees to the one that's running. I'm waiting to see how much energy it takes to run the current rig, THEN, I'm looking into replacing the hood cooling pipe that's between my lights with another light. That would put it at 1800 watts. I'm looking at hot and cold spots and it may have enough light already.....for that rig. IF....the power situation turns out to be reasonable......then I'll just run another twin 600 against the other wall. I am currently in the planning stage for the veg room. The new veg room will also house the co2 tank/s, the res I'm installing AND the vegging rig. I'm looking at controllers and I am not only considering my current needs, but I want to make sure that everything will handle the upgrade I'm planning. The control panels go from not very to very expensive. I'm weighing out the advantages of every aspect to see how it will work out on paper....comparing potential to cost. I have never done an upgrade that wasn't paid for on the first run. On another note, the outdoor work has begun in earnest. I have seven holes mapped and 3 and a half of them are dug. The holes are 3 feet round and 12 inches deep. These holes are adequate for trees, and I hope to reduce my numbers next year and increase yield per plant. The outdoor will be auto fed and watered, This will be accomplished by running pvc behind the plants that's connected to a res that's hopefully concealed inside...where my co2 and indoor res are located. I always knew that plants respond well to regimentation, so everything will be on timers.....water/feed......and the plants will get nutrients every time they get watered....only in very small amounts. I plan on running the water outdoors 3 times a day, and the amounts are yet to be determined. I still hope to do some hydro work at some point.....so I can show everyone how to screw it up...LOL....but it will be a feather in my cap and what I learn first hand will be helpful in the future. I'm going to look at a build in progress this morning.

All I can say is WOW.:bravo:
And slink away....no longer proud of my tiny second tent.:rofl:
Awesome setup and plans there Mcloadie!
Must be pretty nice having the grow separate from living quarters too. Although I bet it would be difficult getting to sleep without the drone of the fans at first.
:cheesygrinsmiley::peace:

All I can say is WOW.:bravo:
And slink away....no longer proud of my tiny second tent.:rofl:
Awesome setup and plans there Mcloadie!
Must be pretty nice having the grow separate from living quarters too. Although I bet it would be difficult getting to sleep without the drone of the fans at first.
:cheesygrinsmiley::peace:

Oh no FC, I only show what I do so everyone can see what the combination will produce.....work is exactly that....work, so it's all productive and no one is left behind! You have done some great work......and appreciate that you chose to share with us..........I will learn from everything I see! I am interested to see a list of details that your spaces are using, I mentor a lot of people and they all have setups that I have seen in person. As usual, I get called in when things go awry, or when things are going super well. The thing is this; we ALL can always improve.....I believe that we are either moving forward or backwards.....the days of holding our own are gone forever.......

I finally decided to touch one of the mains, and it was rock hard. The most incredible thing is that when I smell my fingers....wow, that sounds funky, but the smell is really minty. So, I rub my fingers together and the smell changes to a smell like a vape hit of hash tastes! The buds are greasy, like they've been in the past, but they are way bigger at 31 days 12/12 than ever which is absolutely contributed to the hps. I don't like to touch my plants much, and when I do it's gently...just me, I know some folks have other ideas, and myself, I don't feel like it has much effect on the large outdoor trees. I got my horseshit all lined out for the outdoor holes for spring, it's always being turned with a bobcat and it's ground up....with a little dirt mixed in. I mean it's a pile that was made by a person for their veggie garden. As soon as the holes are finished I'll get in touch with my soil guy, get a list of ingredients, and bring up the concrete mixer and start mixing it. I plan on putting what I'm going to use in the holes immediately, and having a pile on hand for topdressing, sale, and I might do some autos so I get a nice Scooby snack when most folks are out o weed or holding it so they don't run out. My indicas came in two weeks before the sativas this summer, and the shit was like gold...hehe:ganjamon:

A little update...these plants are growing quickly, I still have hopes of my best harvest yet, despite the setbacks
0081002.JPG
0061157.JPG
0071098.JPG
The mcstation; heater, water/feed aeration, and all the goodies to get it done.
009897.JPG
The ballasts, they're up high now.....a warmer area, but come summer the a/c will be blowin on em.
011717.JPG
DIY co2 generators...one on each light.
012642.JPG
A little bubble gummy hash to start the day!
015490.JPG

Good weed folks! It's good to see that everyone's seeing that I'm back in town!

Welcome back MC!
You've been a busy guy!
stoked to see you back with some upgrades as well.

wiw!

Howdy MC and a Happy Sativaday to ya. Your grow, grow room and amenities are all looking good. :welcome: back my friend. The grow I have going is with Dr Earth products. I mixed a little of this and little of that and his Tomato fertilizer. Plants are looking really good. Good to have you back.

Howdy MC and a Happy Sativaday to ya. Your grow, grow room and amenities are all looking good. :welcome: back my friend. The grow I have going is with Dr Earth products. I mixed a little of this and little of that and his Tomato fertilizer. Plants are looking really good. Good to have you back.

Thanks bee, good to see you!:circle-of-love:I like the dr earth, and with all the products available, I do the same thing....I mix it up and it gives me an element of versatility.....and the ability to fine tune! I have some one who is using black gold soil, and I know that Harley uses it too........stuff looks like it works real well......they get around 13 bucks a bag for it here and I'm pretty much sold on using it for the base of my outdoor dirt for next spring which is just about ready to get mixed and dumped in the holes!

A little update...these plants are growing quickly, I still have hopes of my best harvest yet, despite the setbacks
0081002.JPG
0061157.JPG
0071098.JPG
The mcstation; heater, water/feed aeration, and all the goodies to get it done.
009897.JPG
The ballasts, they're up high now.....a warmer area, but come summer the a/c will be blowin on em.
011717.JPG
DIY co2 generators...one on each light.
012642.JPG
A little bubble gummy hash to start the day!
015490.JPG

Good weed folks! It's good to see that everyone's seeing that I'm back in town!

Yo MC! I love saying that haha
I'm hoping theres zero chance the diy co2 generators would over flow with bubbles and liquid and get into your bulb? That and If possible get your b lasts up off that shelf by a half an inch so the air can cool the bottom or back side of the ballasts. Just my observations, not telling you what to do, its i just want to see you kill it with the new room with no problems.
Are those the PKs?

looking great mcloadie! glad to have you back. sorry, but what strain is that again?

Yo MC! I love saying that haha
I'm hoping theres zero chance the diy co2 generators would over flow with bubbles and liquid and get into your bulb? That and If possible get your b lasts up off that shelf by a half an inch so the air can cool the bottom or back side of the ballasts. Just my observations, not telling you what to do, its i just want to see you kill it with the new room with no problems.
Are those the PKs?

Yep, those are pk's, the ballasts have those little rubber thingys. One thing you can't see is the 24" fan on the floor. I think they'll be ok...I'll get some temp readings. At some point I plan on getting an infrared thermometer....the point and shoot type.

Back
Top Bottom