What was your first purple plant?

Jackalope

While purple doesn't get you high it is beautiful to look at. Lots of plants these days have color on the leaves. Strains with purple buds are a little harder to come by.

My very first plant that did it was Texada Timewarp from Peak seeds. While not purple it was close. Buds were red from the start. I really wish I still had pictures of it. When dried they were black not green or red lol. Still it is a part of growing I will never forget. You never forget your first LMAO.

I just cut a Purple Kush last night.
I am real happy with the color. I grew three. Two had purple buds, while one only had a bit of purple on the leaves.

First ones I grew were both Clones I got at Dispensary, the Deep Purple (on right side of first pic) definitely got a lot of purple (the Dairy Queen didn't have that tendency).

Dwight. How did you like the Deep Purple? I have heard a lot of the purple pheno of it and have tons of F-2 seeds to look through. It is such a long project I am putting it off for now.

Dwight. How did you like the Deep Purple? I have heard a lot of the purple pheno of it and have tons of F-2 seeds to look through. It is such a long project I am putting it off for now.

We liked the smoke, no idea at that time on difficulty as was my first grow and a Clone. I had a 5 pack of the seeds I bought, tried to pop two and only one came out and it's being a trouble maker/sickly thing. Popped another bean we found in a Blue Widow bud that was grown outside like 10 days later and it's looking better than the Deep Purple that lived. No idea if just bad luck or if they are very picky/sickly or something else ;).

We liked the smoke, no idea at that time on difficulty as was my first grow and a Clone. I had a 5 pack of the seeds I bought, tried to pop two and only one came out and it's being a trouble maker/sickly thing. Popped another bean we found in a Blue Widow bud that was grown outside like 10 days later and it's looking better than the Deep Purple that lived. No idea if just bad luck or if they are very picky/sickly or something else ;).

That could be a good thing LOL. I know it doesn't sound like it. Purple Urkle is know to be like that. It is a very hard to grow short purple plant. Deep purple is almost 75% Urkle so it should come out in ways. The space queen was supposed to take care of all the problems with Purple Urkle For all the great things Purple Urkle has. Its slow growth difficulty in growing and production problems keep it from being a strain anyone can grow. Deep purple was supposed to be that.

I have Deep Purple and a friends Hybrid of his Purple Urkle and TGA Querkle. I have a great purple strain right now so it is hard to go in that direction when I have a million other things to try.

I have Deep Purple and a friends Hybrid of his Purple Urkle and TGA Querkle. I have a great purple strain right now so it is hard to go in that direction when I have a million other things to try.

yeah I have lots of choices too, but thought I would pop some of my older beans and give that a try, time will tell if it lives or not as it's being a pain ;) :rofl:

I had a couple in my first grow go Purple because of cooler temps I allowed into the tent at night. I grew Purple Bud and got nothing, but cured very nicely and smells amazing.

Granddaddy Purple
FA65DD85-3309-4C4F-B6FD-996798B40AAE.jpeg

AD8EA45F-AF2E-44DB-9B48-EFB238777AF6.jpeg

Even my Gorilla Bomb started to go purple. Sadly spider mites killed this plant from getting frosty.
A8CB1942-50A7-4EC1-87A1-3B296DA11B14.jpeg

Will have to see if I can get some good colours out of my new grow. Hoping to get some beautiful colours from Fruity Pebbles

Very Nice plants guys. There was a time when purple was all the craze. Tasted great had a pretty good high but they had trouble keeping up with green phenos when it came to THC levels.

All that has changed now days. Purple is everywhere. Or should I say Color is everywhere. So many different colors that could be referred to as purple.

The one big difference in Purple plants is how they will dry. Only a few of them let the purple come out after drying. Most come out just dark colored or even black. My very first Purple was Texada Timewarp. It dried almost totally black.

Lavender on the backside of the leaves was the first purple I ever saw. They called it Purple Kush. I don't know if it was the original or not. It was in Oregon so it probably was the real deal. In the 1980's in the middle of the country I was laughed at when people saw it. It wasn't crushed and it had purple leaves and smelled great. "That's not Pot" is all I heard till people tried it. After they did change their tune LMAO. One guy bought me a beer every time he saw me in the bar after he said it was crap and was proved wrong.

Back
Top Bottom