What's In Jim's Grow Room?

So you and hempy didn't hit it off, eh? I love that you jumped in there to give it a go Jim. :kisstwo: They do grow whimpy stems, but there might be ways to encourage stronger ones. I personally love the hempy part of my grow, although it keeps evolving as I look for the best pots for my spaces and techniques that keep them tightly structured.

My more important plants go into soil, but it's still fun to run them in hempy now and then. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm really craving a DDA grow again Jim. You? The only Jack Herer I grew was done half-assed and amounted to next to nothing. Never got a real taste of the chemovar. One of these days one will find its way into the garden. This fitting plants into an already busy rotation gets challenging. I already have four chemovars that run continuiously. Rooms Jim...... I want rooms. Rooms with big lights. :laughtwo:

Looking good Jim. Some tasty buds there.

Cheers.

I'm loving how they're making me wait. Then again....I have lots of house work to do. Thanks.

Gorgeous garden Jim. I'm loving the contrast between the pics without flash and with!

I've been back and looked at those several times. It's just addicting to me. Oh...the colors under LED show just a bit of purple tint of the Pakistan Valley. Thanks.

Wow looking Amazing Jim!!

Thanks. At some point....probably on harvest day I'll get a good shot of the Blue Dream S1 seed plant in the corner. She's 62 inches from the tent floor. Both the others are 52 inches. They were last fed on Oct. 17.

So you and hempy didn't hit it off, eh? I love that you jumped in there to give it a go Jim. :kisstwo: They do grow whimpy stems, but there might be ways to encourage stronger ones. I personally love the hempy part of my grow, although it keeps evolving as I look for the best pots for my spaces and techniques that keep them tightly structured.

My more important plants go into soil, but it's still fun to run them in hempy now and then. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm really craving a DDA grow again Jim. You? The only Jack Herer I grew was done half-assed and amounted to next to nothing. Never got a real taste of the chemovar. One of these days one will find its way into the garden. This fitting plants into an already busy rotation gets challenging. I already have four chemovars that run continuiously. Rooms Jim...... I want rooms. Rooms with big lights. :laughtwo:

Yep...it would be nice to have a warehouse size room. I just dropped 4 UD seeds on the new moon and they went into wet paper towels in the evening 2 days ago. That's really like a day and a half ago....nothing but a little staining of the paper towels but I really didn't inspect them closely. I need to give them a little warmth.

But I might grow a DDA if I had a seed. I have Devils Carnival and would love to have that purple phenotype that Duggan got. Whew!

Anyway....we're making progress and I made 40 BD infused oil capsules. I generally use one a day....Sweet stuff there.

Blue Dreams and Pakistan Valley - Flip + 77

It's pretty hard to dampen my excitement this morning...More on that later.

These girls are now starting to brighten my day with what seems to be berry, melon, pine and a little skunk. PK has those upper leaves beginning to have that darker wood tone finish to the leaves. It so reminds me of my Jack Herer which finished during colder weather. I took a bunch of pictures. I'd really like to begin putting something in the barn later this week. Trichomes are cloudy. No amber seen but I can feel it coming.

Pakistan Valley

DSC_060922.JPG

DSC_061219.JPG

DSC_062216.JPG

DSC_062316.JPG

Blue Dream from S1 seed

DSC_062613.JPG

DSC_063010.JPG

DSC_063517.JPG

Blue Dream clone

DSC_063718.JPG

DSC_064010.JPG

DSC_064416.JPG

DSC_064711.JPG

I think those were all in the proper order. Blue Dream was my wake n bake this morning. Then I cleaned my bowl and forgot what was next. If I wasn't retired I'm not sure I'd be able to do this.

Calcium phosphate project

I give this jar a shake a few times a day but when it settles it shows the layers of calcium (dark) and lighter color is the phosphorus. The liquid is just vinegar. At the end of the month I'll strain it and add water and molasses. Pretty neat eh?

DSC_060628.JPG

DSC_060821.JPG

Now for the excitement. I'll probably jinx this whole thing here, but I'll hope everything progresses normally. I opened the paper towel with the 4 UD seeds and they all had a short root. After this little photograph session they got a well watered peat pellet to begin their journey. Anyway....I've been following Lembatoast and Conradino23 since I got here and I hope to do them proud by growing their creation. Now there is one dilemma here. Conradino calls it Ultra Dog and Toast calls it UltraDawg. :rofl: I'll figure it out when they break ground. SweetSue and Tead worked some magic for me to have this honor.

Germination of UD in progress

IMG_518517.JPG

IMG_518712.JPG

IMG_518611.JPG

Here's a little history.

My buddy Lembatoast created this strain in 2015 in Santa Clarita valley (it's on the edge of the desert in SoCal) when he found a very good-looking male in a pack of seeds that were gifted by his friend Soma. The cross was NYCD/Chemdawg '91 (the latter being rare, clone only strain). He basically pollinated his personal strain called Aurora Ultra (OG Kush/MK Ultra x Aurora Indica) and a couple of other clones like Sour Diesel, Grape Ape and some Skunk. What came out of it was sent here... and cause I had only 12 seeds I inbred this on a whim to create F2, which I've been growing since. I also got the Grape Ape cross, which I call Grape Dog, but I popped it only once. I still have F1s in the fridge though.

Best of luck on the experiment.. and the freshly popped beans.. gotta say, the flower structure on those bd's, man, I love it, best I've seen for a while.. you find the light used changed them? Has the flower timing changed with them? Wonder if the effect has.. HoPe they have that effect which I associate with such looking flowers.. headtrip..

Best of luck on the experiment.. and the freshly popped beans.. gotta say, the flower structure on those bd's, man, I love it, best I've seen for a while.. you find the light used changed them? Has the flower timing changed with them? Wonder if the effect has.. HoPe they have that effect which I associate with such looking flowers.. headtrip..

Happy Thanksgiving Day Grizz. This is one of my favorite holidays and I've already given thanks for all my abundance. Feasting at my friend's place later today. So thankful to be able to grow this plant I could just bust sometimes. Thankful too for all who stop by and visit. :love:

SweetSue is growing one of the S1 seeds properly topped and trimmed so I hope to see the parent's bud structure and color on her's. My S1 should be a heavy producer but doesn't grow like the parent. Growing it without a topping has something to do with it I'm sure.

I'm certain that the light spectrum (bloom only for seven or eight weeks) made all the difference because it certainly wasn't feeding. I have been giving them only water for a while now but I've been using more water bubbled overnight. I think they like it.

They've had full spectrum for the past two weeks and I can see the swelling. BD parent clone is really bulking up and everything I see this morning is all milky trichomes. It's quite pretty but I'd love to see some amber. Temperature and humidity have been on my side too. There's something else I can be thankful for. :bongrip: This morning RH was 45% and temp was 77 F.

Team

DSC_065220.JPG

DSC_065418.JPG

Pakistan Valley

DSC_065622.JPG

Sweet looking mahogany colored leaves

DSC_066021.JPG

Blue Dream Clone

DSC_066322.JPG

DSC_066618.JPG

This bud is pretty gnarly...and coated with the good stuff...smells are indescribable.

DSC_0664a.jpg

Blue Dream S1 seed plant

DSC_066821.JPG

Check out the trichomes growing on that fan's petiole. Too bad that will be cut off. Same as the shot above just magnified.

DSC_0668a.jpg

UltraDawg #1 Day 1

This one has to be a male....
DSC_0671a.jpg

Welcome little one :love:

I wouldn't be so sure of the sex Jim, this is a vigorious chemovar. Mine germinated quickly too. You didn't treat the seeds beforehand did you? Did you check the seed to see if it would indicate sexual orientation? I'm pulling for a female. I'm interested in your take on the taste and effect. I know you'll enjoy growing it, especially when it starts to frost up. :battingeyelashes:

Hey there Jim, man there's some sweeet looking ladies in the flower room there! BD stacking up, the PV colors are amazing. Yeah buddy; patience is gonna pay off for sure. That foxy BD looks pretty tasty, I'd be telling myself to "step back away from the loppers", every night when watering. Those are some big beautiful ladies you have there.

Reps and props... gonna be some fun here next couple of weeks. This is when my ladies really start drinking a lot of water. I average a little short of a gallon per plant per day .... that's a lot of water. My girls can take whatever they want unlimited, its amazing and jungle like in the flower room.

I know the BD is going to be mighty fine meds, but the PV she's really looking pretty. I love to see those fans turn darker and darker as she gets closer to finish. Looking like you're gonna get some purple and maybe some black there. Great job...

Congrats on the seeds and the outcome... UD should be a winner. Warning its addictive (in a good way) - take clones worry about males when you have to. I wouldn't necessarily cull the males either. Ya just never know... you can cull clones if its not great ... but if it is ... don't be like me and get caught with your pants down.

I read somewhere that NYCD was really Chemdawg but re-named to NYC Diesel cause it smelled so much like gas/fuel that people thought it was tainted/treated with chemicals so they re-named it NYCD for marketing ... all this was going on in the NYC black market back in the day (2000ish). People were paying $800 and sometimes more an ounce for it. So if that's true, and I've read an interview of JJ (Top Dawg seeds) the guy that named NYCD. If it was a cross then the outcome would be bx1 Chemdawg.

Chemdawg is probably my all time favorite .... I keep trying different strains but always have 1 or 3 going. Oh and it really does smell like a chemical gas. The gas company has been to our home the last 3 times I've had it in flower...sniffing for a leak with a sniffer. The last time I had to finally tell the gas co. dude to go sniff somewhere else there's no leak here... and do I need to talk to your supervisor... you're getting creepy.. hehehehehe

I could see you next big girl tent looking a lot like BD and UD... that would be epic my friend.

Welcome little one :love:

I wouldn't be so sure of the sex Jim, this is a vigorious chemovar. Mine germinated quickly too. You didn't treat the seeds beforehand did you? Did you check the seed to see if it would indicate sexual orientation? I'm pulling for a female. I'm interested in your take on the taste and effect. I know you'll enjoy growing it, especially when it starts to frost up. :battingeyelashes:

I did not treat the seeds. I've never placed much stock in looking at a seed for sex. Doesn't make much sense to me. Never heard of a breeder doing this. My first grow had both boy and girl and I regret that they never met in flower. Conditions were different then and I have more experience. I'm also gaining more each day here recently.

Last night around 7 pm I looked in on UD #1 and the cotyledons were up praying and a root had popped through the light netting holding the peat together. So I (carefully) cut the netting and gave her a new home. Others still not sprouted as of this morning.

I really look forward to smoking this strain.

Hey there Jim, man there's some sweeet looking ladies in the flower room there! BD stacking up, the PV colors are amazing. Yeah buddy; patience is gonna pay off for sure. That foxy BD looks pretty tasty, I'd be telling myself to "step back away from the loppers", every night when watering. Those are some big beautiful ladies you have there.

Reps and props... gonna be some fun here next couple of weeks. This is when my ladies really start drinking a lot of water. I average a little short of a gallon per plant per day .... that's a lot of water. My girls can take whatever they want unlimited, its amazing and jungle like in the flower room.

I know the BD is going to be mighty fine meds, but the PV she's really looking pretty. I love to see those fans turn darker and darker as she gets closer to finish. Looking like you're gonna get some purple and maybe some black there. Great job...

Congrats on the seeds and the outcome... UD should be a winner. Warning its addictive (in a good way) - take clones worry about males when you have to. I wouldn't necessarily cull the males either. Ya just never know... you can cull clones if its not great ... but if it is ... don't be like me and get caught with your pants down.

I read somewhere that NYCD was really Chemdawg but re-named to NYC Diesel cause it smelled so much like gas/fuel that people thought it was tainted/treated with chemicals so they re-named it NYCD for marketing ... all this was going on in the NYC black market back in the day (2000ish). People were paying $800 and sometimes more an ounce for it. So if that's true, and I've read an interview of JJ (Top Dawg seeds) the guy that named NYCD. If it was a cross then the outcome would be bx1 Chemdawg.

Chemdawg is probably my all time favorite .... I keep trying different strains but always have 1 or 3 going. Oh and it really does smell like a chemical gas. The gas company has been to our home the last 3 times I've had it in flower...sniffing for a leak with a sniffer. The last time I had to finally tell the gas co. dude to go sniff somewhere else there's no leak here... and do I need to talk to your supervisor... you're getting creepy.. hehehehehe

I could see you next big girl tent looking a lot like BD and UD... that would be epic my friend.

Yes...I see they're are asking for more water. Fans on PV while showing those darker colors are also losing chlorophyll rapidly. What's that term you taught me: Senescence. Yep...right on time.

I'm not certain I have much Chemdawg left. I need to find out because I sure love it. Sadly I didn't keep a clone. My sense of smell is not what it used to be. I do know what it smells like with a cure and it's perhaps it was more intense while still alive. Thanks for the additional history.

Yep....I'll clone UD a bunch I hope. We'll sex them as soon as possible with the first of the clones.

Getting plenty of shoulder relief from the comfrey salve now. I think it took several uses for deep comfort. Please thank your wife for me.

The team is looking beautiful Jim.

Cheers.

I took more pictures yesterday before I watered them. Pots are lighter. :rofl: I'm learning to flex my knees so I don't strain my already aching back.

Ditch..these are going to be so much thicker, heavier, greasier than I remember growing. Of course my memory gets worse each day too :rofl:

I'll post some pictures later.

Blue Dreams and Pakistan Valley - Flip + 80

These pictures were taken yesterday. They look a day riper today. Fragrance is pine/melon/berry with something similar to sandalwood. It's just sweet and I feel that all that extra care will be necessary for a good dry and cure process. I'm up to the challenge. Heck, I even ordered a new trimmer. I've been wanting some curved tip blades and I think these are going to be helpful.

trimmer.jpg

Pakistan Valley

DSC_069413.JPG

DSC_069017.JPG

DSC_069514.JPG

DSC_069815.JPG

Blue Dream from S1 Seed What was earlier a nice looking tree is now a fairly ugly looking plant. Branches are holding up nicely supported by yarn tied to the stakes. She's gonna be heavy but would definitely yield better with topping and trimming.

DSC_070511.JPG

DSC_07099.JPG

DSC_071410.JPG

Blue Dream Clone

DSC_072214.JPG

DSC_072522.JPG

DSC_072719.JPG

DSC_074114.JPG

Boy, that PV is such a beauty Jim. The autumnal coloration on the leaves sets the colas off perfectly. She's gonna be nice for you. I can tell. :battingeyelashes:

Your Blue Dreams look so much bigger than mine, so full and lush. Mine still has a couple weeks to go, so I suppose I simply need to patiently wait and hope that she bulks up.

All this time and I still fret at certain points in the grow. :laughtwo:

Boy, that PV is such a beauty Jim. The autumnal coloration on the leaves sets the colas off perfectly. She's gonna be nice for you. I can tell. :battingeyelashes:

Your Blue Dreams look so much bigger than mine, so full and lush. Mine still has a couple weeks to go, so I suppose I simply need to patiently wait and hope that she bulks up.

All this time and I still fret at certain points in the grow. :laughtwo:

Yes she's a beauty. I know many noticed her beauty even before she began flowering. All of them are still hanging in there and I'm starting to believe that I've screwed this grow up so badly they're paying me back by refusing to finish.

I thought about trying some of that weird stuff like sinking a large screw in the center stalk near the soil level or giving them a watering and put them in the darkness for a few days.

No other UD seeds have attempted to break soil but UD #1 still above ground so I've not completely jinxed this thing. My moms/clones all look ugly except one so I haven't a clue what they need. I gave them EWC tea this morning after I stripped them of dead leaves. I've looked all over for pests and haven't seen anything. I really have neglected them and half assed their water needs as well as nutrient needs.

I top dressed them a week ago with some organic nutrients that supposedly contains 624 colony forming units (CFU's) per gram of the
following species:
Bacillus licheniformis . . . . . . . . . . . . 208 CFU's per gram
Bacillus megaterium. . . . . . . . . . . . . 208 CFU's per gram
Bacillus pumilus . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 208 CFU's per gram

I'm assuming these bacteria are not harmful and have yet to help the roots do their thing searching for soil web nutrients.

I guess it's quite possible that I just don't know how to keep clones and moms while their genetic lines flower for what seems like forever.

What I do know is this too will pass.

Hash Hound's friend the Klone King, simply clones them, which is beginning to seem like the best idea. Take a cutting, root it, let it grow until you need it or until it gets too big for its allotted space. Then take a cutting and toss the mother. HH says he's been doing this successfully in a closet with little lighting for generations of the Chem Dawg, among other chemovars.

I've been mulling the idea over in my mind since he shared the story of the cloning closet with me. I have a space I think might be perfect for it. It's one of my goals for next year to get this habit going. I have a couple chemovars I want to run regularly, but not every run, and this may be my ticket to getting it all under control.

You exhibit my reluctance to cull a plant that grabbed the soil. This system I plan to play with will train me to be more ruthless in my choices. At least now you'll have a massive inventory of Blue Dream, won't you? :battingeyelashes: You know my theory on stressed plants offering more potent buds.....I expect you'll be especially pleased with the resulting oils.

Happy Sunday Jim. Harvesting today..... leaves me feeling incredibly loving and affectionate. :laughtwo: Have a wonderful day. :kisstwo:

Hash Hound's friend the Klone King, simply clones them, which is beginning to seem like the best idea. Take a cutting, root it, let it grow until you need it or until it gets too big for its allotted space. Then take a cutting and toss the mother. HH says he's been doing this successfully in a closet with little lighting for generations of the Chem Dawg, among other chemovars.

I've been mulling the idea over in my mind since he shared the story of the cloning closet with me. I have a space I think might be perfect for it. It's one of my goals for next year to get this habit going. I have a couple chemovars I want to run regularly, but not every run, and this may be my ticket to getting it all under control.

You exhibit my reluctance to cull a plant that grabbed the soil. This system I plan to play with will train me to be more ruthless in my choices. At least now you'll have a massive inventory of Blue Dream, won't you? :battingeyelashes: You know my theory on stressed plants offering more potent buds.....I expect you'll be especially pleased with the resulting oils.

Happy Sunday Jim. Harvesting today..... leaves me feeling incredibly loving and affectionate. :laughtwo: Have a wonderful day. :kisstwo:

I feel like I spent my whole Sunday cleaning up these clones. I was going to throw the removed leaves in the compost tumbler but just threw them in the trash. Later that day I saw an article on Hemp Russet Mite that really scared me a little and I spent more time in there looking closely at all the plants. I know I have a cal/mag deficiency and I'm still working on my science project in that regard but the following stayed on my mind and continues to worry me.

The visible symptoms created by the russet mite are very similar to other common problems. Fan leaves might curl a bit at the edges and have a glossy wet look- similar to heat stress. Leaves may have yellow or bronze spotting — sometimes also a symptom of mosaic viruses. New growth may come in twisted and seem stunted/limited or leaves might droop — as if the plant is suffering from environmental stresses or nutrient deficiency.

Whole article is here: Pest: Hemp Russet Mite - Pest Control - Ommp Pay It Forward

Anyway...I'm still looking and I've ordered a 60x microscope just for kicks.

Here's some pics of the clones. I still believe that their ugliness is a result of uneven watering, neglect and the cal mag deficiency.

Blue Dream clones, Pakistan Valley clones and UltraDawg #1

IMG_519712.JPG

BD clone on the front left got some organic food a couple weeks ago and looks normal.

IMG_519614.JPG

UD #1 - Day 4

IMG_52003.JPG

I bought a seedling heating mat earlier this year and it might have had something to do with my lack of success in germinating some seeds. I should have also bought the thermostat that goes with the mat but didn't until just yesterday. The temp with the mat alone was in the 90+ F range which I feel is much too high. I set the thermostat at 80 F max and it's working well....I think.

IMG_51946.JPG

IMG_51958.JPG

The reason I say I think it's working is that I can tell UD #2 is pushing a layer of soil up. She should break through at some time today.

That's all I have for today. I sure hope you folks have a great green day. :love:

MJ,
That BD haul is str8 silly.:clap:
Those are some serious colas.
Methinks you will be very merry this winter into spring.
Well done my man.

MJ,
That BD haul is str8 silly.:clap:
Those are some serious colas.
Methinks you will be very merry this winter into spring.
Well done my man.

Thanks Stage. I'm a little in uncharted territory here. I don't remember having to run bloom spectrum only in the flowering phase. I don't remember weather like we had here this year. 84 days is pretty long time for me but the end is in sight. I'm going to take down the BD seed plant today.

The tent might be completely empty by the weekend. Good to see you!

Got Panama in my pipe :bongrip: this morning for a little change of pace. Good high....just doesn't stay with you very long.

I started early this morning harvesting the Blue Dream S1 seed girl. I'll never grow another one that doesn't get topped. Top colas were nice and full but down lower became a bit wispy. Anyway...She's now in the barn and I'll concentrate on growing the other two. Yet I believe Pakistan Valley and Blue Dream clone will be down soon.

Top cola. That's a 13 inch pan.

IMG_52017.JPG

IMG_52037.JPG

Buds are pretty gnarly and definitely skanky

IMG_520410.JPG

In the barn. There's about 2 oz, perhaps more.

IMG_520513.JPG

UD #2 above the soil line. Is she albino? I might have to give her something to green her up. Always something odd going on in these tents.

IMG_520614.JPG

IMG_520712.JPG

Beautiful day here. Expected around 69 F today so I'm going to get a shower and wash Black Betty and get me some wind therapy and then some lunch. Cheers all.:love:

Back
Top Bottom