What's In Jim's Grow Room?

Blue Dreams and Pakistan Valley - Flip + 57

I have a theory. It's just a theory and could be debunked but I'm going to try to see if it's repeatable. I believe flowering with only the reds and blues of the Bloom switch is going to make grow a wee bit longer but is producing terpenes to die for. Pakistan Valley still has that sweet smell of fresh melon and berry but it is intense. The Blue Dreams are all developing a greater pine scent. I know it's no way I could measure it but the S1 plant is straight up pine and spruce. I hope she's going to give me an intense high that can be bragged about a bit. We will see. BTW....trichomes are just starting to cloud a bit. More time left I feel. Last feeding was Oct. 17 and straight water since.

BD clone has that wonderful berry but deliciously stronger. Hempies, even the clones lean to the pine-sol aroma.

I got tired of looking at the damaged fans on those hempies to so trimming was done. I'm fairly certain all that was probably heat related.

I wanted lots of pictures since :420: has modified the guidelines on the Creme De La Creme Photo Contest.

2. Contest entries must be your own original photos.
I like the change and plan to enter again.

So I guess I better go upload my photos so I can show them off. Have a great day folks. Share a smile and see what happens. :love:

DSC_017441.JPG

DSC_017634.JPG

DSC_017840.JPG

DSC_018131.JPG

DSC_018433.JPG

DSC_018640.JPG

DSC_019040.JPG

DSC_019540.JPG

DSC_019738.JPG

DSC_020032.JPG

DSC_020331.JPG

DSC_020732.JPG

DSC_020834.JPG

DSC_021037.JPG

DSC_021236.JPG

DSC_021535.JPG

DSC_021931.JPG

DSC_022229.JPG

DSC_022532.JPG

DSC_022829.JPG

DSC_023034.JPG

DSC_023439.JPG

DSC_023734.JPG

DSC_024026.JPG

DSC_024324.JPG

DSC_025122.JPG

Wow! You have some tasty shots in there Jim. I may mine this journal for the next gallery contest. :battingeyelashes:

Thank you for that excellent description of the terpene expression on the S1. I'd have noticed it eventually, but the daughter is extremely reactive to pine oil, so I don't think I'll let her try this one. The pinene expression sounds interesting. Most of my choices to date have been highest in limonene, which tends to overpower the others. I'm really looking forward to trying the chemovar out. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Mine just started to set the trichomes, so scent can't be too far behind.

IMG_505712.JPG

When I left the last post I forgot the gallery contest is to be my own photos. I like that better. I was always concerned about using someone else's shots.

You better enter some of these Jim. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

When I left the last post I forgot the gallery contest is to be my own photos. I like that better. I was always concerned about using someone else's shots.

You better enter some of these Jim. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Oh yeah....I'll enter them. I'm going to make some more oil soon using nugs I don't smoke very often. It gives me a chance to get some new nug shots too.

Blue Dreams and Pakistan Valley - Flip + 60

Have I told you that I'm glad October is over. I try my best to enjoy each day but it seems October had some with little enjoyment to offer. God knows how grateful I am for all my abundance.

I get to see some of this in the tent each morning.

So I'm starting to think about what needs to be done for harvest here. I need to check jar inventory and I may do DrZiggy's low and slow cure that SweetSue is all excited about. I have plenty of time. Only the PV has pistils browning and BD S1 has something similar to fox-tailing going on.

I took one pic of the hempies and small pot but it was so bad it had to be trashed.

Fragrance had declined a little here but it could be my sniffer. It all smells just sweet with some overly sweet.

Have a great day folks. Skipping church here...gonna have a big breakfast. :love:

Team

DSC_025524.JPG

Blue Dream clone

DSC_025823.JPG

Pakistan Valley

DSC_026021.JPG

Blue Dream from S1 seed I'll probably remove her burned leaves sometime this week. :rofl: The other side of this tree is normal...

DSC_026524.JPG

DSC_026619.JPG

DSC_027122.JPG

DSC_027417.JPG

DSC_027721.JPG

DSC_027916.JPG

DSC_028018.JPG

Watch this fancy camera work on the next 2 shots.

DSC_028216.JPG

DSC_028326.JPG

DSC_028617.JPG

DSC_028722.JPG

I'm jealous of those colas man, PV and BD. Beautiful ladies man. :love:

Hope that Comfrey helps. I may try that myself, thanks all :Namaste:

Comfrey is considered a "green" manure in the horticultural world. The term Manure.. its there for a reason. You make a comfrey tea ... .leaves in a bucket of water in a few days it smells pretty strong just like horse dukey..... and don't get it on you! It doesn't wash off....

Can grow your own Comfrey but get the sterile version so you don't end up with a yard full of it. One plant gets me 6-7 full harvests every year in zone 6b.

The Sterile version is Bocking 14...

Can be cut down to the crown about every 6 weeks or so starting in April were we live. We have 6 plants and 1 plant will fill my compost bin and in about 5 days its almost completely composted. Really really made a huge difference in the quality of our compost soil which goes into my container gardens indoors and top dress our veggie and flower gardens outdoors.

You can top dress plants with leaves too.. just pick a few leaves and lay them down on top of the soil and in a few days they will already be getting absorbed into the soil and its a great source of N so do it early and do it often!

Oh was reading all the coments about Limonine

Science nerd alert:

Of course this is the short version...

I-Limonene - pine smell (this is what the scientists are looking at for a CURE for cancer being tested now)

D-Limonene - Orange/Lemon smell - most common version

"Limonene exists in two isomeric forms (compounds with the same molecular formula–in this case, C10H16–but with different structures), namely l-limonene, the isomer that rotates the plane of polarized light counterclockwise, and d-limonene, the isomer that causes rotation in the opposite direction. In the extraction of citrus juices d-limonene is obtained as a by-product, and it also occurs in caraway oil; l-limonene is present in pine needles and cones; dl-limonene, or dipentene, the mixture of equal amounts of the l- and d-isomers, is a component of turpentine."

Interesting about Sue and she mentioned Pinene.. so happens that Pinene also has the same molecular make up as Limonene: C10H16 and it to has 2 different structures as well.

And here's the good part:

"At low exposure levels, α-Pinene is a bronchodilator in humans, and is highly bioavailable with 60% human pulmonary uptake with rapid metabolism or redistribution.[10] α-Pinene is an anti-inflammatory via PGE1,[10] and seems to be a broad-spectrum antibiotic.[11] It exhibits activity as an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, aiding memory.[10] Like borneol, verbenol and pinocarveol (−)-α-pinene is a positive modulator of GABAA receptors. It acts at the benzodiazepine binding site.[12]"

So that pine smell... its good for you!! wooohoo.. That explains why I have such a great memory! errrr wait. What was I saying????

I got into all this due to Durban Poison having the highest amount of Limonene of all cannabis strains at 4%. So I started studying it... there's some interesting stuff going on right now in the science world.... could be a cancer cure... and combine that with Cannabis.. win win.

Jim your BD and PV are looking REAL tasty... almost time to chop??

Cheers

Morning MJ,
Ladies look wonderful.
Which breeder is the BD ?:nomo:

Very nice Jim. Fancy indeed!

Cheers.

Thanks....I thought it was cute....same shot different focal point.

Top shelf buds growing for sure jim. Are the blue dream more on the sativa side in your opinion??

To me it has a wonderful balance. I can feel the indica but will all of a sudden have that desire to wash the car. I haven't smoked any of the top buds yet to see if leans on the sativa side.

Comfrey is considered a "green" manure in the horticultural world. The term Manure.. its there for a reason. You make a comfrey tea ... .leaves in a bucket of water in a few days it smells pretty strong just like horse dukey..... and don't get it on you! It doesn't wash off....

Can grow your own Comfrey but get the sterile version so you don't end up with a yard full of it. One plant gets me 6-7 full harvests every year in zone 6b.

The Sterile version is Bocking 14...

Can be cut down to the crown about every 6 weeks or so starting in April were we live. We have 6 plants and 1 plant will fill my compost bin and in about 5 days its almost completely composted. Really really made a huge difference in the quality of our compost soil which goes into my container gardens indoors and top dress our veggie and flower gardens outdoors.

You can top dress plants with leaves too.. just pick a few leaves and lay them down on top of the soil and in a few days they will already be getting absorbed into the soil and its a great source of N so do it early and do it often!

Oh was reading all the coments about Limonine

Science nerd alert:

Of course this is the short version...

I-Limonene - pine smell (this is what the scientists are looking at for a CURE for cancer being tested now)

D-Limonene - Orange/Lemon smell - most common version

"Limonene exists in two isomeric forms (compounds with the same molecular formula—in this case, C10H16—but with different structures), namely l-limonene, the isomer that rotates the plane of polarized light counterclockwise, and d-limonene, the isomer that causes rotation in the opposite direction. In the extraction of citrus juices d-limonene is obtained as a by-product, and it also occurs in caraway oil; l-limonene is present in pine needles and cones; dl-limonene, or dipentene, the mixture of equal amounts of the l- and d-isomers, is a component of turpentine."

Interesting about Sue and she mentioned Pinene.. so happens that Pinene also has the same molecular make up as Limonene: C10H16 and it to has 2 different structures as well.

And here's the good part:

"At low exposure levels, α-Pinene is a bronchodilator in humans, and is highly bioavailable with 60% human pulmonary uptake with rapid metabolism or redistribution.[10] α-Pinene is an anti-inflammatory via PGE1,[10] and seems to be a broad-spectrum antibiotic.[11] It exhibits activity as an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, aiding memory.[10] Like borneol, verbenol and pinocarveol (−)-α-pinene is a positive modulator of GABAA receptors. It acts at the benzodiazepine binding site.[12]"

So that pine smell... its good for you!! wooohoo.. That explains why I have such a great memory! errrr wait. What was I saying????

I got into all this due to Durban Poison having the highest amount of Limonene of all cannabis strains at 4%. So I started studying it... there's some interesting stuff going on right now in the science world.... could be a cancer cure... and combine that with Cannabis.. win win.

Jim your BD and PV are looking REAL tasty... almost time to chop??

Cheers

Thanks for the science. We should all make an effort to contact Senators and Representatives to remove cannabis from Schedule I so some real study to happen. I believe help from this plant is there if only the prohibitions could be removed.

Time to chop....I keep thinking I would have seen some cloudy/milky by now but no. I put the loupe down each day muttering to myself to quit trying to see what's not there.

Soon enough this will all change and I'll be dealing with hand cramps and a bad back.

Top shelf buds growing for sure jim. Are the blue dream more on the sativa side in your opinion??

I was looking for a review from HSO's website. Finally found it. I have to agree with this writer:

29 January, 2017

Very energetic yet powerful, allows me to work with motivation and increased awareness, sensitivity and creativity. It's seriously almost like drinking a cup of coffee, yet the small percentage of Indica helps to balance for an even effect, without making you racy. I call it an "Indica anchor" helping to keep you grounded, which can be one of the hardest qualities to find in a good long term Sativa.

I really don't get munchies at all with this strain, which is wonderful for maintaining a healthy weight.

The great thing about this strain is not only can I smoke it and be 420% functional and alert to handle massive workloads under HIGH stress, and I can smoke it at night and pass right out, without any trouble whatsoever.

There is no "pot hangover" the next day, like I get from smoking Indicas and it even acts as an antidepressant probably due to the percentage of Indica it does have. It just seems to always bring me into a positive mood no matter what time of day and/or under any circumstances.

I've traveled the world tasting flowers, everywhere I go I hear, "you gotta try this, it's the best in the world". I must say at 40 years old, and 25 years of smoking cannabis under my belt, HSO Blue Dream is the best strain I've ever had, it is my favorite and unless something better comes along, I will probably smoke it til the day I die.

I am truly grateful and blessed to have safe access to such a wonderful plant, thank you to everyone involved for making this a possibility.
Love and light

Make me smile real big Jim. :cheesygrinsmiley:

22 days into flower. :slide:

IMG_53118.JPG

This is how we feel about Carnival, almost an exact description to my own experience. Wow! Another one of the same quality! Lucky me. Lucky us. Thank you Jim. :kisstwo:

Make me smile real big Jim. :cheesygrinsmiley:

22 days into flower. :slide:

IMG_53118.JPG

This is how we feel about Carnival, almost an exact description to my own experience. Wow! Another one of the same quality! Lucky me. Lucky us. Thank you Jim. :kisstwo:

I just hope the flavor, terpenes and potency hold true for the S1 seeds. Bonus would be that all that got better. We'll soon fine out.

Blue Dreams and Pakistan Valley - Flip + 63

I went back to the previous BD harvest and it was at 66 days so I guess we're getting closer. Colder weather has finally moved into the area as the high and low today is going to be in the 40s F. It makes it much easier to keep tent temps below 80 F which just seems a comfortable level to me for growth and development. Anyway...I used my little point and shoot camera this morning and sometimes the flash would go off while I was taking extra shots just to make sure I got a good one. I threw a few of these in just for kicks and they show that fade that's picking up steam.

Lots of buds in this tent. I trimmed all the really ugly top leaves from BD S1 yesterday and her top continues to fill out while hanging out above the LED. So nice to know the whole plant below supports that growth.

Have a great day folks. Haircut day for me. :love:

IMG_514311.JPG

IMG_51468.JPG

IMG_51479.JPG

IMG_51487.JPG

IMG_51497.JPG

IMG_51525.JPG

IMG_51559.JPG

IMG_51578.JPG

IMG_515812.JPG

IMG_51608.JPG

IMG_516311.JPG

Hey there Jim.... looking good in the grow tent there. Getting pretty close to harvest??

Great description on the BD there.... I'm about to grab some BD seeds I have stashed from HSO when they first came out. I never popped them because I found a keeper Chemdawg from the same purchase and have been running that one ever since.

You convinced me.... I think it was the part about the munchies that does it. Sometimes I just wanna eat the house down.

How's that shoulder? Did you try the salve? If you like it I'll get my wife to make some more... I always have a shoulder that gives me a little trouble, not all the time but enough. That salve helps me for a week or so....

Cheers and GL with the harvest. Its a great time for chopping plants down. The RH is nice for drying... finally.

Hey there Jim.... looking good in the grow tent there. Getting pretty close to harvest??

Great description on the BD there.... I'm about to grab some BD seeds I have stashed from HSO when they first came out. I never popped them because I found a keeper Chemdawg from the same purchase and have been running that one ever since.

You convinced me.... I think it was the part about the munchies that does it. Sometimes I just wanna eat the house down.

How's that shoulder? Did you try the salve? If you like it I'll get my wife to make some more... I always have a shoulder that gives me a little trouble, not all the time but enough. That salve helps me for a week or so....

Cheers and GL with the harvest. Its a great time for chopping plants down. The RH is nice for drying... finally.

Yes...they're getting very close to harvest. Trichomes are getting more cloudy all over. It's still hard to tell which one will come down first. I might choose the small hempies and get those out of the way.

I only wish I had cloned my HSO Chemdawg....I have twice failed to get the remaining 2 to germinate. I've tried so hard to stay away from buying seeds but thought again about that one this morning. I'm hoping they will be available when I'm ready to order something. I think I only have a couple of jars left and she will give you munchies.

But I've been blessed to have 420 friends who send gear to me. :thanks: I'm going to pop new strains real soon here and see if I can germinate some.

The comfrey salve is good for my shoulder but I keep making little movements that can shock me with a little acute pain. Raking leaves is not good for shoulder or back and it's that time of year. Oh well. It's good exercise but I refuse to do it more than once a week. I have plenty of salve at the moment. A little goes a long way.

Gonna post some pics in a moment. You'll see about how close they are.

It seems like I spend quite a bit of my early morning hours just gazing into the tent. I smoke my first bowl there, have my first coffee there and generally I'm able to solve most of the world's problems. Then I'll remember that I'm not in charge.

Yep...I can get lost there and forget for a while that the girls need water. There's a bunch of stuff on my list that never gets done on time.

Mostly I just enjoy the high.

First time in 3 days the sun is shining outside here. We didn't get much rain but it's been steady. On to some pictures. I came to post them so you can get an idea of what's going on in the bloom tent. The BD clone is really starting to fade and the PK just keeps going green as ever. She has been a joy to grow. I may harvest PV in two steps so I can get some sleepy meds and some less ripe. We'll see.

I took pics over two days so I'll apologize in advance if there are similar. Enjoy your day folks. :love:

Blue Dreams and Pakistan Valley - Flip + 65

DSC_030722.JPG

DSC_030826.JPG

DSC_030931.JPG

DSC_031230.JPG

DSC_031527.JPG

DSC_031622.JPG

DSC_031925.JPG

DSC_032024.JPG

DSC_032222.JPG

DSC_032426.JPG

DSC_032628.JPG