What's In Jim's Grow Room?

Awesome bud Jim. You could practice putting with it. Lol.

Cheers.

Gosh it's been so long since I played. My back doesn't miss it but sometimes I do. Cheers back at ya!

Wonderful world of plants MJ. I am looking forward to your impression of the PV or did I miss it? I have been in outer space for a couple of weeks.

Enjoy the Ride :ciao:

I haven't harvested the indica yet. You haven't missed a thing. Either the BD clone or Pakistan Valley is up next. I really don't look forward to the trimming that will be necessary for PV. The BD from this morning was fairly easy but I have lots of cured weed for my poor back.

Gonna go smoke me a bowl now. :bongrip:

How's that new one looking today Jim? She should be greener by now.

Sweet harvest. :high-five: Had me running in to take a closer look at mine and sure enough, they explode out from the branch in the same way. :slide: I'm about a week behind you. :kisstwo:

Are you using a good topical on that back when you trim? :battingeyelashes:

Exciting times in the MagicJim tent! They all look good, hoping my Blue Dream gets almost that big lol, love that light tint the buds have.

Thanks UrbanAchiever. If your BD doesn't get that big it'll be ok. She's a heavenly high. Some of the buds had a purple tint when I harvested caused by being so near that lamp.

How's that new one looking today Jim? She should be greener by now.

Sweet harvest. :high-five: Had me running in to take a closer look at mine and sure enough, they explode out from the branch in the same way. :slide: I'm about a week behind you. :kisstwo:

Are you using a good topical on that back when you trim? :battingeyelashes:

I'm not sure what UD #2 is doing. I've never seen anything like this. I looked at it this morning through the loupe and it just looks like a root. I laughed at it, gave it some water with a few drops of kelp in it, and put it back under the humidity dome. The two other seeds haven't done anything and I'll just try to be patient. Interesting that when I first started growing I had a nice success rate and now it's sort of hit and miss.

I'm using the comfrey salve that bobrown14's wife made. It brings some warmth to my shoulder and back and I really do like it. I keep hurting that shoulder and I been too busy with other things to do more than a couple reps of one or two of the exercises.

I harvested the Blue Dream clone today (Flip + 85 days) and the upper buds were oh so fragrant and sticky. The lower buds weren't quite as sticky. Real low crap buds are drying/curing in the refrigerator. Of course I have lots of stuff for the #hashbag.

I'm fairly certain I'm not going to use these 7.5 gallon pots again unless I get more lights. I feel I had so much more control with the 5 gallon softies. Of course I'll know more in a few weeks when I get a chance to test it. I had soil tests done on my soil and I thought the results looked pretty good. I still have a lot of confidence in my mix and have pretty much everything in place for the next run to be totally organic if I want to run it that way.

My home made calcium phosphate was strained today after 20 days of sitting around. I added about 4 TBS of molasses to the mix and filled the jar with water. Voila...Jim's Calmag for just pennies.

I had made some horsetail fern tea Monday and added 1/4 cup of tea and 2 tsp of the calmag to a gallon of water and will bubble overnight for the clones and UD #1. I feel so empowered.

The Barn

DSC_08198.JPG

:high-five: well done jim.. nice. :passitleft:

May I please have your recipe for the homemade Cal/Mg? I'd like to break that spending chain If I can.

You're drying barn is quickly filling up. :slide:

:high-five: well done jim.. nice. :passitleft:

Thanks Grizz. So now I have tons more Blue Dream than I need. It'll make nice Christmas gifts!

May I please have your recipe for the homemade Cal/Mg? I'd like to break that spending chain If I can.

If I take Pakistan Valley down in next two days I'll just use the empty tent. :rofl:

It's Emmie's recipe. She's got it completely documented and all you need is egg shells, vinegar and a coffee grinder.

Emmie's DIY CalMagPhos+ From Eggshells

I have used the unconventional farmer's way of cal/phos.
Good tip, I like the add molasses to give it some mag, cool beans.

Oh and i screw balled it up once using a old cal/phos container I thought was cleaned it threw my PH way off, Thank goodness I was using a less is more approach with mixture so it was diluted enough. Still burnt the plant.
I gotta try to keep better track of things but it will never happen. I am so scatter brained. :ciao:

EWC + water. boom done!

Congrats on the harvest there MJ... I wish you many many more bountiful harvests in the future. :Namaste:

Glad the Comfrey Salve is bringing you warmth and curing. Try a foot bath with Magnesium Chloride (health food stores and Whole Foods)... it's another one and easy to get. Can do a bath with it... I haven't had a bath in ... I can't remember... hahahahaha, Oh wait, I take showers.

Making the Comfrey Salve is a process... 1st have to make a tincture that takes about 6 months then we can make the salve with the tincture. I had a shelf collapse in our closet and the only jar that broke was our Comfrey tincture in progress.... what a mess and the smell (why the 6 month "cure"). Fall back is the Magnesium Chloride..

GL with the rest of your harvest... what's in the VEG room??

You need some Chemdawg ???

EWC + water. boom done!

Congrats on the harvest there MJ... I wish you many many more bountiful harvests in the future. :Namaste:

Glad the Comfrey Salve is bringing you warmth and curing. Try a foot bath with Magnesium Chloride (health food stores and Whole Foods)... it's another one and easy to get. Can do a bath with it... I haven't had a bath in ... I can't remember... hahahahaha, Oh wait, I take showers.

Making the Comfrey Salve is a process... 1st have to make a tincture that takes about 6 months then we can make the salve with the tincture. I had a shelf collapse in our closet and the only jar that broke was our Comfrey tincture in progress.... what a mess and the smell (why the 6 month "cure"). Fall back is the Magnesium Chloride..

GL with the rest of your harvest... what's in the VEG room??

You need some Chemdawg ???

Yes...always interested in Chemdawg! I salivate thinking about that purple cut.

And for those who don't know. Bobrown14 has been selected for 420 Mag's Grow Journal of the Month - December 2017

This has made me so happy that he received this recognition. Congratulations!

420 Magazine's Grow Journal Of The Month - December 2017

Pakistan Valley Flip + 86 Days

I'm going to harvest her this afternoon or tomorrow morning. I'm glad I have her clones because I'm certain that I can do a better job of growing her. The fact that I was unable to run the LED's full spectrum in bloom due to excessive heat is certainly one thing that would improve the grow. She could have also used a little seabird or bat poo in late October through early November. :rofl:

Nevertheless....she's a real beauty today. Lots of purple being revealed. Amber covers some of the older bud leaves and I hope for the benefit of pain relief I'm not interested in couch lock. So here's some of her final pictures.

DSC_082011.JPG

DSC_082217.JPG

DSC_082414.JPG

DSC_082512.JPG

DSC_082616.JPG

A little closer look at those ambers

DSC_0826a.jpg

DSC_0827a.jpg

DSC_082819.JPG

DSC_082915.JPG

DSC_083314.JPG

DSC_083415.JPG

DSC_083618.JPG

DSC_084214.JPG

DSC_084317.JPG

DSC_085117.JPG

Have some work to do so I'll wish you all well until I return. :love:

Oh my goodness Jim..... You did well with her, regardless of your percieved shortfallings. She doesn't look like she holds it against you. Love the leaf color display.

Hope you get no couchlock all. Last night I smoked the Malawi I recently harvested and I'm hoping that wasn't what knocked me out so swiftly. Not what I was looking for with that mix of components. :laughtwo: Getting ready to try her for wake 'n bake, so wish me luck. I'm still a bit buzzed from last night. :laughtwo:

No mention of your choice from the inventory this morning my magical companion. Care to share with us? :battingeyelashes:

Have fun harvesting. :ciao:

Oh my goodness Jim..... You did well with her, regardless of your percieved shortfallings. She doesn't look like she holds it against you. Love the leaf color display.

Hope you get no couchlock all. Last night I smoked the Malawi I recently harvested and I'm hoping that wasn't what knocked me out so swiftly. Not what I was looking for with that mix of components. :laughtwo: Getting ready to try her for wake 'n bake, so wish me luck. I'm still a bit buzzed from last night. :laughtwo:

No mention of your choice from the inventory this morning my magical companion. Care to share with us? :battingeyelashes:

Have fun harvesting. :ciao:

Malawi isn't supposed to do that. I've made a special effort this week to keep myself hydrated. I'm confident that it's helped.

Blue Dream in my pipe this morning. :bongrip:

That is just a gorgeous plant Jim. Hope she smokes
as good as she looks.

Cheers friend.

:thanks: She sure has put on the colors since she's been able to bask in the full spectrum.

The Veg Tent

What we have over here is 3 Blue Dream clones and 3 Pakistan Valley clones. They were severely neglected for a short period of time as they were primarily on a water diet with no nutrients or a nutrient schedule. I'll do what I can to clean them up a bit and bring them back to health. The BD front left was given some organic nutrients a couple weeks ago and seems to be reacting well.

All the rest were given bubbled water this morning with some of that homemade calmag and horsetail fern tea. UD #1 was fed a little of this mix also.

UD #2 is still alive but I don't why. It looks like the plant's cotyledons broke off below the surface and nothing but a stem came up. The other 2 seeds have done nothing and I do that mental debate about leaving them as is or go digging. I would have thought all of them to come up with the little root shoots the seeds had. Oh well.

DSC_085817.JPG

BDs left side and front center. PVs are center rear and right side. Little UD #1 front right.

DSC_085313.JPG

DSC_085514.JPG

DSC_085711.JPG

Holy shit Jim.. you know I've been on that girl from the get go. Saying how nice she looks, early veg I noticed her.. then the old banger puts on the makeup and tarts up for one final photo shoot... and she brings it. Saves the best for last.. shit dude, that's awesome... and stop with the feet grounded crap, I can see your chest puffed out and the pride :rofl: well I think I can, I know I would be :rofl:

Holy shit Jim.. you know I've been on that girl from the get go. Saying how nice she looks, early veg I noticed her.. then the old banger puts on the makeup and tarts up for one final photo shoot... and she brings it. Saves the best for last.. shit dude, that's awesome... and stop with the feet grounded crap, I can see your chest puffed out and the pride :rofl: well I think I can, I know I would be :rofl:

Yep....I know you fell in love with her right there on Jump Street. She really did put some lip stick on and that perfume is heavenly. I was thinking this morning that you'd probably enjoy some of those pics.

Yeah...I'm really happy today. Chop will be tomorrow morning as I had some leaves in my yard that needed to go.

Pakistan Valley Harvested Flip + 87 Days

She was harvested this morning and smelled heavenly. There is a sour lemony melon smell here with a touch of pineapple or some tropical fruit like that. This combination of terpenes reminds me of nothing I've ever smelled before. If she smells just a little grassy tomorrow it wouldn't surprise me though. I cut the colas long and hung them in the back of the tent with no light and just a little air moving in there along with the exhaust.

A word of advice. Don't hang your weed in front of a shiny background such as a grow tent and expect a good picture. It's not happening.

So here's what I uploaded this morning and then forgot to post. Finger and scissor hash perhaps?

DSC_086112.JPG

DSC_086311.JPG

DSC_086410.JPG

DSC_086812.JPG

Little budlets and trim. I'll keep this separate from other stuff when it's time for hash.

DSC_087014.JPG

Panama green pheno in my pipe tonight and it has my heart racing. Who knew? :bongrip:

Beautiful buds Jim. :bravo: I like your description of her perfume. Sounds very similar to the Jamaican I just harvested. She smelled like a tropical fruit salad.

Good to see UD growing in your tent. It's an interesting chemovar, for an indica. Some of the most complex smells and flavors I've experienced. I'll be interested in your take.

Back
Top Bottom