White Russians in DWC 2014 - My First DWC

wow med farmer, nice one! i have only ever grown in soil, outdoors. 2 questions if i may, what does DWC stand for? and what LED do you have? Im shoppin for one and at the moment the sponsor on here top led is looking the best deal

I got a budmaster 2 675. They are sponsors on here but the price has jumped considerably since I got mine.

I am getting another led myself and I am going for a Mars ll 1200. CO Finest on this site recommends 35 wall watts per sq foot of growspace if that helps. It is to go into a 1.2 x 1.2 M tent.

Hope this helps and thanks for the praise.

excellent !!:bravo::high-five:

Thanks dude I'm happy so far with the change in direction on this one.

I've got to change my nutes tonight which is gonna be a handful but temps of that water is creeping up. This morning they were at 27C. Way too hot because of our current weather. It's coming out of the tap @22C.

I got a budmaster 2 675. They are sponsors on here but the price has jumped considerably since I got mine.

I am getting another led myself and I am going for a Mars ll 1200. CO Finest on this site recommends 35 wall watts per sq foot of growspace if that helps. It is to go into a 1.2 x 1.2 M tent.

Hope this helps and thanks for the praise.

yeh i was looking at the budmasters but yeh like you say the yhave jumped in price! i was ment to have a 336 extreme like 5 weeks ago, but my money transfer got lost somehow so i have no light and no more money, BUT its in the process of finding my cash! then ill go with top led it think, they are cheaper, i can get 6 400w units from them for the same price as a 500w 336 extreme lol. the silver lining to the grey cloud of loosing the cash lol

yeh indeed indeed, check it out, i must PAY like 80 p a minute for them to look for the money hahahahahhahaha its like how long is a piece of string, dodgy swiss post !

Hosebomber in his The Basics Of Plant Lighting guide recommends

"How much light should I use?
The following is a MINIMUM light requirement for productive growth in the vegetative stage:
CFL: 42.25 watts per square foot
HPS/MH: 32.5 watts per square foot
LED: 22.75 watts per square foot

The following is a MINIMUM light requirement for productive growth in the flowering stage:
CFL: 65 watts per square foot
HPS/MH: 50 watts per square foot
LED: 35 watts per square foot

I know someone is going to say it so I will do it for them… “But I grow 3 pounds of bud off of x# of watts.” Yes, I’m sure you do. However, by following these basic guidelines, you have a greater chance of success and will have a higher product. You can get better results with more lighting. Like I said at the very beginning of this thread, everyone has a different grow room and results will vary on a number of factors. This is simply general information to help new people start out. I encourage everyone to tweak their grow room and get it set up for optimal production for their area."

The Basics Of Plant Lighting

Thanks for that KingJohnC. It's nice to actually get some figures to work with.

As I said earlier I will probably get a Mars ll 1200 which is the wattage I need for my square feet based on yours and CO Finest's information.

It's great to have buddies on here who are willing to help and not just brag and give up no secrets.

Thanks again. :love:

Talking of bragging lol. I just wanted to get some pics up of my other ladies so they don't feel left out.

3 of them are in soil and the rest in coco. They are certainly enjoying our summer. They will probably be in the greenhouse within a couple of weeks as I'm expecting the light cycle to cause them to flip into flower at any time now.

IMG_20140731_163903.jpg

IMG_20140731_163652.jpg
IMG_20140731_163402.jpg
IMG_20140731_163357.jpg

great beautys :)

i just realized that your in england medfarmer, they are good for outdoor in uk, ive not grown outdoors in my home country yet.. ive been lost in europe lol.. are you north or south ?

great beautys :)

i just realized that your in england medfarmer, they are good for outdoor in uk, ive not grown outdoors in my home country yet.. ive been lost in europe lol.. are you north or south ?

I'm in the south mate and we have been having loads of sun for the past few weeks. The girls are lapping it up.

Day 65 from seed and 14th day of flowering.

20140804_080949.jpg

Plant no.1(running clockwise) is the slowest as you can see but she had issues with nute strength early on. The other 3 are running nutes at an EC of 1.7 and enjoying life.

The 2 plants at the front have been running neck and neck so I have decided to try an experiment on one of them. I have added mycorrhzia to her bucket. I will top it up next week to make sure they get colonized but I just wanted to see if the stuff makes a difference. A bit late in the day on these but you don't know unless you try.

I have 2 Night Queen sprouts which have rooted from their small cubes and have mycorrhzia inside the big cubes waiting for them with some aktrivator too.

I have just received this and it will replace my current LED on the White Russians for an extra boost in flowering. The existing LED will veg the Night Queens.
20140806_093228.jpg

I'm gonna be the last person in the world to get an LED. *pouts* haha.
Looking good man, I'm wishing you many happy plants ahead.

go check out the Sponsor page and take a look at Twilight Groups LTD. Thats the LED company that i am doing a review on one of their smaller lamps.

You can pick up a 450w panel for $300. Thats less than a 6" flanged air cooled hood reflector and a ballast.

The one i'm doing a review on is the Twilight Classic 165w LED. It may sound small, put damn it puts out a serious amount of light, and pretty much no heat at all!!! Its only $160 too!!

Twilight Groups Ltd. Classic 165w LED

Plug and Grow!

Back
Top Bottom