Winging It In Winter By The Window: Soil Auto Grow

I'd love to get some views on how much longer these look like they have left please. I am hoping that they are close to finishing. What do you think? I am starting to feel anxious. I'm hoping no more than two or three weeks. Do you think I will be in the harvest window by then?
Looks to me like you're in good shape. Once all the white pistils turn dark and crinkle in, I start looking a the trichomes through a loop.

At that point it's grower's choice; mostly clear is not ready, mostly cloudy is peak THC and more of an 'up' high, more amber is more of a 'couchlock' effect as the THC turns to CBN.

Where on that spectrum is up to you and how you like your herb (and in your case, time constraints).

Very few white pistils left, red ones pulling in. You're getting close.
How are the trichomes on the calyxes?

They look very close Carmen. What Mel said ^^^

Looks to me like you're in good shape. Once all the white pistils turn dark and crinkle in, I start looking a the trichomes through a loop.

At that point it's growers choice; mostly clear is not ready, mostly cloudy is peak THC and more of an 'up' high, more amber is more of a 'couchlock' effect as the THC turns to CBN.

Where on that spectrum is up to you and how you like your herb (and in your case time constraints).

Thank you so much friends! This is very welcome news. The trichs still appear to be clear so defs not quite there yet. I'm relieved to be at the point of checking trichomes I have to say. This also lends credence to the theory that malted barley helps speed things up, as I am only 49 days from flip. Both my medium and top dress incorporate malted barley. Eleven more days would round it out to a 60 day finish which is pretty good I think.

Well, you do still have some white pistils so not  quite there, but definitely getting close. :thumb:

And, BTW, that no white pistils rule doesn't seem to apply if you have foxtails since those things seem to go on forever, but I don't see them on your buds.

1 plant week 6 of flower cutting it real close but I hope I make it my first grow
Here’s a picture
2A528CBB-7358-4DC4-BEEF-14FC25213070.jpeg
2A528CBB-7358-4DC4-BEEF-14FC25213070.jpeg

B7B9B9FA-C456-422B-87D5-FF1348336064.jpeg

A3FC9FBF-C7C2-4E33-8280-E1305A96E3D3.jpeg

This is where we are at present. We are in stage 6 loadshedding, which means that all times indicated from stage 1 to stage 6 are designated outages. We sent one of our nuclear reactors to China for repair and they dropped it. Without Koeberg operational we are facing hard times.
Screenshot_20220918_101120_com.abisoft.loadsheddingnotifier.jpg

Hard times indeed Carmen. My heart goes out to you.

Its almost sounds unbelievable. Like a skit.

Reporter :Hows the reactor repair going?

SA: Well weve sent it to China, they are the experts to repair it.

Reporter: And what needs fixing?

SA: Well we arent sure, we just know its broken.

Reporter: And China is fixing it?

SA: China are experts. When your reactor is broken you send it to China. They fix it.

Reporter: We heard China dropped it.

SA: Yes but they are experts in repairing things.

Reporter: Are they paying for repairs?

SA: No we broke it, and they are repairing it.

Reporter: And when will it be back?

SA: Well when they repair it and ship it back.

Reporter: And what if they drop it again?

SA: Well we dont expect that will happen twice. Neither they or us expected it to be dropped the first time. But they are experts in repairs should it happen again. Thats why we shipped it them to fix it, because they are experts. World class.

Reporter: So the experts dropped it.

SA: Yes but we were very lucky that it happened right where the expert repairers were ready to fix it. If we dropped it, we would have to send it to them to be repaired, so we got lucky.

Hard times indeed Carmen. My heart goes out to you.

Its almost sounds unbelievable. Like a skit.

Reporter :Hows the reactor repair going?

SA: Well weve sent it to China, they are the experts to repair it.

Reporter: And what needs fixing?

SA: Well we arent sure, we just know its broken.

Reporter: And China is fixing it?

SA: China are experts. When your reactor is broken you send it to China. They fix it.

Reporter: We heard China dropped it.

SA: Yes but they are experts in repairing things.

Reporter: Are they paying for repairs?

SA: No we broke it, and they are repairing it.

Reporter: And when will it be back?

SA: Well when they repair it and ship it back.

Reporter: And what if they drop it again?

SA: Well we dont expect that will happen twice. Neither they or us expected it to be dropped the first time. But they are experts in repairs should it happen again. Thats why we shipped it them to fix it, because they are experts. World class.

Reporter: So the experts dropped it.

SA: Yes but we were very lucky that it happened right were the expert repairers were ready to fix it. If we dropped it, we would have to send it to them to be repaired, so we got lucky.
Nailed it Deev!

Super kak. We seem to have been put back into parliament and the hospital grid, so have not had any this round... We had it a couple weeks ago and it was only stage 2. Eish. Now that I've said it, I've probably jinxed it. Lucky the sun is shining so hopefully they can pick up some rays from the window.

parliament and the hospital grid
I thought this might be the situation. Ja they briefed the press on television this morning. It's going to be more of the same indefinitely, and a possible permanent stage 2 so that they can do some much needed maintenance. Your tent is looking lekker. I'm so glad that your plans for that tent aren't being disrupted. The girls look pretty in early flower.

Glitter Pics
#gettingthere

Bruce Banner # 2

I am seeing a few ambers. The rest don't look milky enough to me but I didn't expect them to be ready yet.
DSC_0153-Edit.jpg
DSC_0161-Edit.jpg
DSC_0164-Edit.jpg

Wedding Cake

These trichs look to my eyes as if they are turning milky.
DSC_0142-Edit.jpg
DSC_0145-Edit.jpg
DSC_0148-Edit.jpg

Thank you for keeping me company on my journey. This journal is almost at an end and then I will be taking a break for a while. I am so pleased, relieved and proud to have managed my winter window grow. I honestly wouldn't have accomplished this if it wasn't for the support and advice I have got from fellow growers:thanks:

Glitter Pics
#gettingthere

Bruce Banner # 2

I am seeing a few ambers. The rest don't look milky enough to me but I didn't expect them to be ready yet.
DSC_0153-Edit.jpg
DSC_0161-Edit.jpg
DSC_0164-Edit.jpg

Wedding Cake

These trichs look to my eyes as if they are turning milky.
DSC_0142-Edit.jpg
DSC_0145-Edit.jpg
DSC_0148-Edit.jpg

Thank you for keeping me company on my journey. This journal is almost at an end and then I will be taking a break for a while. I am so pleased, relieved and proud to have managed my winter window grow. I honestly wouldn't have accomplished this if it wasn't for the support and advice I have got from fellow growers:thanks:
Nice I hope I get there with my plant

You have some major frost there Carmen! Going to be some fine smoke!
Thank you Otter :) I can't believe I made it to this point.
Ditto to Otter's comments!

Looks mostly clear on the trichomes so I think you're right, not quite there. But getting close!

I've enjoyed following along despite your fashion choices with Shed's bin bags. :cheesygrinsmiley:
LMAO... I seem to remember you advocating quite strongly for the bin bag chic! :laughtwo: It has served me well!

This journal is almost at an end and then I will be taking a break for a while
And you'll be puffin' on some mighty fine smoke during that break!
Your plan worked really well, considering the roadblocks you encountered...and (this is the best part) they're going to finish before the deadline..!:welldone::party:

Glitter indeed! :drool:
😃
And you'll be puffin' on some mighty fine smoke during that break!
Your plan worked really well, considering the roadblocks you encountered...and (this is the best part) they're going to finish before the deadline..!:welldone::party:
Thanks you guys. I have a proper grin on right now. I'm going to miss the growing but I don't want to miss the action. I'll probably hang around a bit socially until I can grow again. I want to see what everyone is doing. Some exciting projects coming up!

Super frosty. Almost there. If you are worried about timing, I'll gladly keep them for you now haha. Looking forward to your smoke report and some pics of those nugs dried. Hells yeah. So nothing going on for summer? Even a spot while on a hike to drop a couple beans and come back next year lol?

Back
Top Bottom