Zephyrs Cherry 18 Grow

"There's Breaking News On The Cherry 18 Front"

So this evening i decided to Swap out my ??-1000 with a ??-4000. It's a non-sponsored light so it shall remain nameless. Now Ya'll might ask "why not use it from the get go"? Answer is because i didn't want Veg. to get too large in a small space. Also cause I didn't think it would fit, size wise.

So this was born under a xx-1000 for the first 8 weeks. Now this xx-4000 is pulling 450+ watts from the wall!! the xx-1000 was only 100+ plus watts. Pre flower stretch just might get Freaky Like here now! :headbanger: I only have the 4000 model running at about 50% power for now. As i don't want to blaze her too hot too fast. Here's a pic of the light Tags on them. Just trying to show the light intensity upgrade!:bongrip::Rasta::lot-o-toke:

Looks like a perfect fit for the area. Good thinking to take it easy while they get acclimated.
Thanks, yea I didn't think it would fit in there. But today I got a Wild hair up my arse, broke out the measuring tape. And by Jollies, that xx-4000 fit in there wi only about 2 inches to spare on each side. LoL :thedoubletake:

Nice looking light! They're going to be loving that light as it gets turned up over the next couple weeks. Good choice bumping it up. They are looking great! Blessings Zeph
Thanks, Baked!! Yep and now upgrading to this light now presents another problem. Heat, it's got 2 really hot meanwell drivers on top. So I rigged up my 4 inch fan to the wall, to blow over the drivers. And an 8 inch oscillating fan down low also. Temps are hovering around 80-82 F at 75% power.

Thanks, Baked!! Yep and now upgrading to this light now presents another problem. Heat, it's got 2 really hot meanwell drivers on top. So I rigged up my 4 inch fan to the wall, to blow over the drivers. And an 8 inch oscillating fan down low also. Temps are hovering around 80-82 F at 75% power.
Pushing that heat away is a great move. I try to keep enough air flow to circulate all of it evenly. 80-82 is great! And that dry heat will help keep your RH in check later in flower too. That's what mine did for me last year and it was a nice feeling having that balance itself out. I use a heater and humidifier right now in the winter, but as Spring and Summer approaches, I probably will only need lights and fans. Late summer and early fall, my A/C unit has to be used. My tent got into the mid 90s without it! I was so damn stressed about it. The plants didn't give a rats ass. They just soaked up more water and transpired more. They did prefer cooler temps of course. Haaa haaa. Keep it up! They are going to be looking amazing real soon. Stoked for you dude.

Ok so its time for a weekly update on my Cherry 18 grow. Wow what a difference a week makes during the stretch! She has just blew up. So my perfect level canopy I was hoping for is No More LOL. Anyhow She is doing well. So 2 weeks ago i gave her the last Veg nute feeding. This morning I gave her about 3/4 gallon of just water. I then added about 3 more inches of new super soil. I also threw in a couple handfuls of worm castings mixed into that layer. Also I gave her 15 ml each of my roots organics uprising Bloom and Foundation. I just gently mixed that into the new soil on top. I Did Not water that new soil and nutes. As she was just watered. So my next watering in a couple days will start to introduce the Bloom nutes into her root system.
20220209_085729.jpg
20220209_085747.jpg
20220209_085854.jpg
20220209_115155.jpg
20220209_115222.jpg

If she's anything like the Cherry Pie I'm growing then expect her to stretch a bunch.
Cranking the dimmer a bit might slow the stretch. Surprised there's no pistils yet. Really thought that because she was brought down to 12/12 gradually that you could consider her haven been flipped a little earlier. You can probably get away with tucking until the pistils show. Anyway man, she's well on her way.:slide:

Thanks there @Regrowth! My cell phone camera is kinda crappy. So she is on day 9 since flip. I noticed her throwing her first pistils on day 5. I tried to take a closer up pic. Have a good day there @Regrowth :ganjamon:
20220209_122300.jpg
20220209_122319.jpg

She's looking beautiful!
:welldone:
You can probably get away with tucking
I personally don't know because I've never a SCROG setup before. But I was going to ask, if it would be a good time to tuck them down right now, while she is still stretching? I don't know if that would be a positive or negative though.

She's looking beautiful!
:welldone:

I personally don't know because I've never a SCROG setup before. But I was going to ask, if it would be a good time to tuck them down right now, while she is still stretching? I don't know if that would be a positive or negative though.
Ya. Would only tuck until pistils are visible I guess.
Once she throws pistils I feel like she's delicate and just wants to left alone.

Hi there @BakedARea! So I thought about just that over the last half hour since my update. Really I didnt want to tuck so to speak. But she is getting wildley Un even. So I just improvised and Lightly tied down the tallest shoots down to the rest of the canopy level with my lil pipe cleaner jobbies. And just as you say there @Regrowth, I also kinda feel she is in a delicate stage so I don't really want to stress her out. So just a light tie job to even it all out!:bong::)
20220209_132201.jpg
20220209_132246.jpg
20220209_132315.jpg

Me too. One day I'll grow a plant that's perfect, I swear.
And then I'll probably never be able to again. Really envious of a lot plants on this site.
Only did the SCROG thing once and it was pretty low effort. (link in sig)
Way more than all these topping / training methods. There's something to be said about symmetry I guess but just as much to say about simplicity.

Just a snap update :smokin:
So after a molasses watering yesterday. She seems to be leveling off well. She seemed to perk up from yesterday's first P/K and cal/mag fertigation! Just a couple quick pics. She seems happy! :bongrip:
20220212_165759.jpg
20220212_165858.jpg

Just a snap update :smokin:
So after a molasses watering yesterday. She seems to be leveling off well. She seemed to perk up from yesterday's first P/K and cal/mag fertigation! Just a couple quick pics. She seems happy! :bongrip:
20220212_165759.jpg
20220212_165858.jpg
She's really looking good!

Back
Top Bottom