Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Gittergreen - Purps

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • Be Irie - Chernobyl

Votes: 19 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

420 Girl

Please submit a photo of your best plant (there is a separate contest thread for nugs.) We will only accept a self-nomination. The contest will be open for submissions from the 1st through the 15th day of each month. Once all submissions are in, we will begin voting for a winner. Winners are announced on the 1st of each month.

Winners earn 100 rep points, "Plant of the Month" title, a case of RAW Rolling Papers from HBI International, 12 Pack of King Size Cones and a 420 Magazine Nug Jar!

plantnew.jpg

MagicalButter contributes the following item to our winner.
Blue Planet Nutrients contributes all of the following items to our winner.
Sierra Natural Science contributes all of the following items to our winner.
PerfectGardens.com contributes the following item to our winner.
Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Plant of the Year" contest; to be held in January.

Rules:

1. Contest entries must be original photos of your own plant(s).

2. Entries must include ONLY photos of the plant(s). You may add one inanimate object as a reference point for size or a closeup/macro. No nudity.

3. Maximum of two photos per member. Updating photos throughout the month is not allowed.

4. Remember to upload your photo through our Photo Gallery before posting them on this thread.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

5. Self-nominations only.

6. Contest is open to the first 25 entries.

7. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, may disqualify the entry.

8. Any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) or cheating in any other form will result in a permanent disqualification from all future contests.

Consolidated Entries

Rdooski3 - Mexi-Kush Variation

IMAG07033.jpg

Cola Monster - Grand Daddy Purple x O.G. Kush

Grand_Daddy_Purple_x_O_G_Kush_Colas.JPG

Greenhouse_G_D_P_x_O_G_Kush_Flowers.JPG

JBC420 - Critical Jack Herer

DSCN02626.JPG

DSCN02669.JPG

Cultivator - A.M.S

20121228_125250.jpg

20121228_132246.jpg

Gittergreen - Purps

0011114.JPG

0021120.JPG

Be Irie - Chernobyl

CherbPOM.jpg

CherbPOM1.jpg

Hey everyone happy new year! Up for your consideration for plant of the month is my pride and joy. I started her back in August with only a couple of months of 420 mag research and never having grown anything successfully in my life. Its amazing what can be done with overwhelming amount of knowledge from this site. She is a 100% indoor hydroponically grown plant. The strain is a great variation of mexi-kush and it floods my entire house with its wonderful aroma. Today is her 102nd day of flower and she was right at 30 days from seed when she began the flowering period. Its kinda hard to tell in the pic because of the closet opening but she is well over 6ft tall and 4ft wide. Up until about a month ago it was sharing the res with two other plants but they have been harvested. Also she has never had more than 800 watts shined at her and just 400-600 most of the time. If anyone would like to see more of her you can check out the link to my grow. Thanks again everyone and I hope you have a great new year! :grinjoint:

IMAG07033.jpg

For the new year I'll start off with my all organic greenhouse grown Grand Daddy Purple x O.G. Kush plant which stood over 9' tall and pumped out around four pounds of rock solid colas with a couple lbs. of lower nuggets that I use for hashes and butters. Peace and good luck all!:ganjamon:

Grand_Daddy_Purple_x_O_G_Kush_Colas.JPG

Greenhouse_G_D_P_x_O_G_Kush_Flowers.JPG

Is it dumb to enter this one with them 2 beasts?!?! Probably but im going to enter anyway as mine was CFL throughout,

Here is my Critical Jack Herer Harvested at 8 weeks she was a fine Christmas smoke. Grown in soil under CFL I trained her small and grew her fast for xmas as she a little smaller than usual. The smoke is a Spicy sweet hazy sorty taste if you get that :) Its a nice uplifting smoke leaving you with weed energy to do more than chill out.

Here she is , hope you like her,

DSCN02626.JPG

DSCN02669.JPG

REPS to the Cola Monsta for the Monsta Ganja Bush, I would do wrong things to a girl like that!!! Well Done Cola!!!

Thanks for the reps JBC420 and everyone else who chimed in, there much appreciated! ~Peace~:ganjamon::hippy:

Hey guys and gals here is my entry of Purp's! I felt like sharing how I grew it as well as some photos. I always wonder how some of the entries get their plants looking so good so here is how I grew mine! I know a lot of you have read this post in my journal so just ignore it if you have. Just wanted to make it easy for those that have never met me.

Organic Purps
Soil used in my grow..... McEnroe
Premium Organic Potting Soil
Premium Organic Potting Soil is the original mix we have been using at McEnroe Farm since we started. This potting soil is excellent for making soil blocks, potting seedlings, and transplanting. It is fortified with organic nutrients and has excellent moisture retention and drainage. As with all our mixes, our potting soil contains an ample amount of our own organic compost which helps create a favorable rooting environment. It continues to be our most popular blend and is used by certified organic growers throughout the Northeast. Our Premium Organic Potting Soil is available in 22-quart bags, 1/20-cubic yard bags, 1-cubic yard sling bags and bulk.

Premium Organic Potting Soil OMRI Certificate
The grow shop I got this from said this soil is fortified with chicken litter and stabilized with soft rock phosphate.

I used the following minerals.
6 parts CaC03 This is a high calcium lime (90% calcium or higher)
5 parts soft rock phosphate (not super phosphate or triple phosphate)
3 parts of Gypsum

Grind all these up and mix well. set them to the side for now.

Next step is to make a microbial tea.

This is the recipe I used to activate my soil with.

2 cups alaskan forest compost
1 cup wiggle worm castings
4 tbs High brix molasses ( just a brand name)

I put 2 gallons of chlorine free water in a 5 gallon bucket.

I add the molasses to the water and let it bubble with 2 air stones for 30 minutes.

Then I add the dry ingredients, stir rapidly and let bubble for 24hrs. you should see a lot of foam building by this point. this is a sign you have life in your tea. I then fill the bucket up the rest of the way with chlorine free water. Tea should smell good not foul. Start over if it stinks!

Then pour this in your soil. Make sure to use a container big enough to hold it and enough room to stir the soil properly you don't want your soil to be soggy just really moist. Now cover the soil and let sit in a place that is close to room temp for at least 30 days. ( Around 72 f. warmer side would be better than colder side) Also don't let the soil dry out the goal is to keep the microbes alive and active so they can eat the soil and make lots of poop for the plants to eat. If the soil starts to dry out then just add some water a cup at a time until it's moist again.

After 30 days the soil will be ready to use.

I used clones that were rooted in jiffy peat pop ups and were vegged for a little while in regular un cooked soil.

Now is the time to add your 6-5-3 rock powders to your soil. Apply @ this rate: 1 cup per 1.5 cubic feet of soil or 1/3 cup per 1.0 cubic feet
of soil.

I also added azomite @ a rate of: 1/3 cup per 1.0 cbf and 1/2 cup per 1.5cbf.

I also added a healthy dusting of Mycorrhizae to the root ball at time of transplant. I missed this on some of the plants and some were slightly larger than others might of had something to do with it IDK.

I did not have to feed these plants another tea for quite a while so be careful just let them tell you when they need something.

I also let the plants dry out during veg until they were almost drooping. Doing this lets the roots search out water and thus filling up the container. This will give the plants some big legs to stand on which in return gives bigger buds in theory.

Once the growth started to lag I gave them another tea (same recipe as above) this got them back growing.
I got greedy and gave them back to back tea and the microbes gobbled up all the energy and the plants began to yellow from the bottom up. I then had to put some energy back in the soil. So I used some hydrolized fish fertilizer and top dressed with a high calcium chIcken litter called chickidee doodoo. This got them back green again for about a week. Ever since I gave them too much tea it was a constant battle with them yellowing so don't get greedy if the plants are constantly growing don't feed them just water them.
I had a couple of moments in the grow where I felt like the plants were going to lose their leaves if they didn't get a quick shot of nutes
I didn't have any big bloom on hand or any other organic nutrient on hand that was chelated with amino acids like bpn so I cheated a little and gave them some fox farm tiger bloom, cal mag plus, snowstorm ultra all @ 1/4 strength.

That seemed to help and I then top dressed the plants with more rock powders and some more chicken litter. Then I got the microbes back by giving them some strong teas for the next couple of waters. This is where we stand in the garden to date. Oh yeah I also gave them some cold pressed sea weed in the last two tea's and 4 tbs of big bloom in the last one That was not really necessary but I could not control my urge for bigger buds lol.

I also looked back at some dates to give me an idea of flowering times for this strain and I let the mother plant that was bloomed out doors go 76 days She was definitely ready at 70 days though. (just wanted the buds to purple up more.)

I hope this helps some one grow some nice cannabis to help your aliments!
After half arsed following his organic mineralized soil recipe this grow was a success! Thanks Docbud!

I almost forgot to add I did not ph anything, but the synthetics in this grow. I only used the ph down so it didn't kill the microbes ( I think) as bad as if I had to use the ph up acid.

0011114.JPG
0021120.JPG

These are great Bud Pics....I also want to thank all of you for posting tips about growing, thanks to these I am now about 1 grow away from the same looking shit.......I plan to do a journal with my next grow with my new LED lights and also do a comparison to white light.....Happy New Year everyone and the only thing I can say is, lets stop the stupid jailing of our citizens for using a weed that was here long before we were, and do what you can for the cause....:peace::welldone:

Me and My Girl was looking through some of the POTM contests and was thinking, We reckon there should be a separate competition for indoor plants and outdoor plants as they are a different league. Just a thought.

No thoughts on the outdoor / indoor contests ? No? I thought It was a good idea. Not just as mine is much smaller than a few outdoors right now, nothing to do with that lol :) just think it a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom