Shadowmoses 1st Grow - Northern Lights - Short Rider - Autoflower - LED - Soil - 2015

shadowmoses

So, this is my first post and first grow. I have been a long time reader and decided that I wanted to share my grow with this community as I have learned so much from others grows. I would like to thank everyone that has shared and helped others with their grows. You all are an inspiration.

This will be a closet grow.

Strain - 2 x Northern Lights Autos and 1 Short Rider from seed and purchased from Nirvana.
The Short Rider sprouted on 4-30-2015 and due to some germinations issues the Northern Lights sprouted on 5-2-2015, so they are 4 days apart.​
Grow Type - Soil, Terra Professional Plus with about 20% perlite.
Grow Stage - Vegetative.
Bucket size - Currently 2 gallon.
Lights - 2 x 300 Watt GalaxyHydro. (I hope they do well, any input would be welcome here.)
Tent size - 36"x20"x62".
Temperature - Day (75-85 degrees) - Night (71-73 degrees).
RH - 40% to 50%.
Nutrients - Will be using the Fox Farms Trio.
PH - Will keep it in the range of 6.2 to 6.8.

Here is a few pictures of the tent and setup.
room21.png

room11.png

Day 1 - Short Rider 4-30-2015
1-SR-1.png

Day 5 - Short Rider
5-SR.png

Day 11 - Short Rider - 5-10-2015
11-SR-1.png

Day 11 - Short Rider - Some undergrowth. :)
11-SR-2.png

Day 2 - Norther Lights #1 - 5-1-2015
2-1-NL.png

Day 2 - Northern Lights #2 - 5-1-2015
2-2-NL.png

Day 9 - Norther Lights #1 - 5-10-2015
9-1-NL.png

Day 9 - Norther Lights #2 - 5-10-2015
9-2-NL.png

Group Shot - Day 11 Short Rider - Day 9 Northern Lights.
group-11-9.png

Any and all input is welcome as I am new and willing to learn.

Re: Shadowmoses 1st Grow - Northern Lights - Short Rider - Autoflower - LED - Soil -

they look great.

Re: Shadowmoses 1st Grow - Northern Lights - Short Rider - Autoflower - LED - Soil -

Thanks 7Dust, I like your latest journal. I am wondering if I should start using CFL's for the first week or two before I turn on the LED's. The current plants seem to be doing pretty well so far under just LED's but I have heard that CFL's are very good for seedlings and veg.

Nice, Shadowmoses. They look great. Healthy and happy.

I'm in Shadow. Looking great so far. :goodjob:

Yay! Welcome aboard Subnoise. Wow, you have a really nice setup for your plants. One day I hope I can have a setup like that!

I will be sure to stop by your journal and subscribe :) .

not really. heat is hardest thing with cfl's, especially with how many you got have.
right now i got 7 that is only 2600 lux which is not bad. but i like my LED light that runs 3600. cant beat the LEDs just cant..
i have even tried red, and blue cfls with 13w the plain cfls and it still does its job, but u can tell difference.
Cfls makes them reach and stuff. but i top mine
i make clones out of them -so it helps me alittle doing that.

not really. heat is hardest thing with cfl's, especially with how many you got have.
right now i got 7 that is only 2600 lux which is not bad. but i like my LED light that runs 3600. cant beat the LEDs just cant..
i have even tried red, and blue cfls with 13w the plain cfls and it still does its job, but u can tell difference.
Cfls makes them reach and stuff. but i top mine
i make clones out of them -so it helps me alittle doing that.

Yeah, since I am growing autos right now probably less of an issue since I probably won't be topping. I might top one of my Northerns since I have two.

My next grow will be photo, I will be growing some Wonder Woman from Nirvana. I already got the seeds and plan on cloning. What CFL's would you recommend for clones or early veg? I really don't know much of anything about the CFL's at the moment.

Oh, what the hell, I'll sub up too! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yeah, since I am growing autos right now probably less of an issue since I probably won't be topping. I might top one of my Northerns since I have two.

My next grow will be photo, I will be growing some Wonder Woman from Nirvana. I already got the seeds and plan on cloning. What CFL's would you recommend for clones or early veg? I really don't know much of anything about the CFL's at the moment.

Good morning shadowmoses. Congratulations on starting your first journal. May it be the first of many. Here's the thread that helped me grow so successfully in my first grow. This should help you as well.

CFL Light Tutorial

:Namaste:

just get the 13w curly ones. they seem to be the best. they give off good light with them more than a 60w regular bulbs ones
you can go to like home depot and their are blue ones and reds ones also. for veg and clones.
just make sure it has the kelvins around 2500 or more. they want be but a few in the store that are above 2500. most of them are 1240 kelvins the red blue ones are like 5000 tho. but only give off red blue light. blue is great for cloning. you must have one of them.

lol got have names. for your girls there. thats a must. lol.
oh you can go to my journal see the setup on cfls. got alot pictures of them. there is like 2 bulbs to each light. simple cruel and effective anyway. i never have issues in veg tent. but i do use LED for flowering.
just like i said make sure the kelvins are high on the bulbs. its written on packages. if not dont buy it. be wrong ones for cfls.

Subbed because I like watching plants grow :goodjob:
Thanks Spart, glad you will be a part of my first growing journey.

subbed!
plants looking great!
wish u all the luck!
Thanks zeppelina, I will need a the luck I can get I am sure. Hopefully I don't have too many problems with my first grow. I know that some are generally inevitable.

Oh, what the hell, I'll sub up too! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Yay! Thanks for subbing Colesdad.

Good morning shadowmoses. Congratulations on starting your first journal. May it be the first of many. Here's the thread that helped me grow so successfully in my first grow. This should help you as well.

CFL Light Tutorial

:Namaste:

Thank you SweetSue, that was a really good read. I have seen you around the forum and you are a pleasure to watch grow. I am enjoying your organic grow. Those girls are looking quite tasty. Can't wait to see your results.

lol got have names. for your girls there. thats a must. lol.
oh you can go to my journal see the setup on cfls. got alot pictures of them. there is like 2 bulbs to each light. simple cruel and effective anyway. i never have issues in veg tent. but i do use LED for flowering.
just like i said make sure the kelvins are high on the bulbs. its written on packages. if not dont buy it. be wrong ones for cfls.

Thanks again 7Dust. I will definitely be naming the girls soon lol. I spend enough time with them.

I'll be honest, I sit next to them and look over them for hours sometimes hahahaha. It is a good escape and a nice place to think :) .

we all do that i think. :circle-of-love:
its all good till someone dont pass it. dang Bogarts.

Back
Top Bottom