Fluffy's World Of Pure Imagination Part 1 - First Ever Grow - Wardrobe -HPS/MH - Soil

Fluffy Haze

Hello everybody!

I've been a quiet little mousie here for a while, and have been getting some help especially from Fuzzy Duck and Smokemup (thank you guys, you are both absolute treasures! :love:) to get my first ever grow up and running. I'm not quite ready to put seed to soil, but am almost there so wanted to start putting everything together in a journal. It will hopefully keep me up to date with it too!

So this is my breakdown for my first ever grow:

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?

I will always go with Indica personally. I use this wonderful plant for medicinal purposes as well as enjoyment, particularly to help with symptoms of PTSD and chronic depression and anxiety. I've always preferred the effect.

I will be germinating two types of seeds, Nirvana Papaya and Barneys Vanilla Kush. I chose these two in particular for their shorter height and flowering time as I do need to get this first grow to be as short as possible. After that I can look at other types to try. They are both feminised seeds so hopefully it will be a proper girly space :blushsmile:

Indoor or outdoor?

I will be growing in a customised wardrobe in my living room. It will be painted with matte white paint as I am trying to keep my costs down, I may look at Mylar for future grows if I need to.

Soil or Hydro?

I went for soil in the end. I really do like the look of bubbler systems but as I am a total noob, including in growing plants in general, I thought the simpler the better :bigblush:. Hence some of my work will be really really simple and basic compared to a lot of you knowledgeable guys, but it doesn't take a lot to confuse me at the best of times!

If soil... what is in your mix?

I've got two sets coming to me; BioBizz Light Mix for the youngsters and BioBizz All for the rest of the process. I have also purchased BioBizz Grow and Flower, SuperThrive should my girls get stressed and Clonex for the rooting process. My finances are extremely limited so I can't really be looking at getting anything else unless essential. I will be having a nose round my garden centre for PH adjusting stuff for soil.

If soil... What size pot?

I have three sizes for the different stages, and the largest/final pot will be 11L. They are square pots to save space and I've tried to get ones which are as deep as possible as I understand the roots of these lovely plants go down rather than out.

Size of light?

I am going to be using a 250 watt Metal Halide for veg and a 250 watt HPS for flowering. Fuzzy Duck very kindly helped me work out what I needed in the grow room as I got very confused with all the numbers...never was very good at maths lol.

Is it aircooled?

There will be two or three passive vents at the bottom, covered with mesh. I will also have a 4in inline extractor fan attached to a homemade carbon scrubber and a tower fan for general cooling and airflow. If I need to adjust this as I go along then will look at adding more.

Watering

I understand from a friend of mine who actually knows about growing plants that watering from the bottom helps prevent over watering (which I know already could be a problem with me, behave Fluffy!) so will be looking to do that.

Germination

I have some root riot cubes and Clonex to start my girls off.

-----------------------

This is where I am up to at the moment. I will be making notes shortly on my ideal temps/humidity/PH so I can make a note of them here and refer to them as I go along. I've got the proper tools for measuring this, and tactics in place just in case!

I am still to build the wardrobe and get everything in there, but as I am now in the home stretch of preparation I thought it time to start putting my journal together. If for no other reason but to keep myself in line!

Thank you for stopping by...may you have a wonderfully chilled out day! Have a smoke for me as I have been without a source for over a week and have about run out of nails to chew off! :)

Here's to having happy green days as often as possible....

:thanks:

Re: Fluffy's World of Pure Imagination Part 1 - First Ever Grow - Wardrobe/HPS/MH/Soi

Hello everybody!

I've been a quiet little mousie here for a while, and have been getting some help especially from Fuzzy Duck and Smokemup (thank you guys, you are both absolute treasures! :love:) to get my first ever grow up and running. I'm not quite ready to put seed to soil, but am almost there so wanted to start putting everything together in a journal. It will hopefully keep me up to date with it too!

So this is my breakdown for my first ever grow:

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?

I will always go with Indica personally. I use this wonderful plant for medicinal purposes as well as enjoyment, particularly to help with symptoms of PTSD and chronic depression and anxiety. I've always preferred the effect.

I will be germinating two types of seeds, Nirvana Papaya and Barneys Vanilla Kush. I chose these two in particular for their shorter height and flowering time as I do need to get this first grow to be as short as possible. After that I can look at other types to try. They are both feminised seeds so hopefully it will be a proper girly space :blushsmile:

Indoor or outdoor?

I will be growing in a customised wardrobe in my living room. It will be painted with matte white paint as I am trying to keep my costs down, I may look at Mylar for future grows if I need to.

Soil or Hydro?

I went for soil in the end. I really do like the look of bubbler systems but as I am a total noob, including in growing plants in general, I thought the simpler the better :bigblush:. Hence some of my work will be really really simple and basic compared to a lot of you knowledgeable guys, but it doesn't take a lot to confuse me at the best of times!

If soil... what is in your mix?

I've got two sets coming to me; BioBizz Light Mix for the youngsters and BioBizz All for the rest of the process. I have also purchased BioBizz Grow and Flower, SuperThrive should my girls get stressed and Clonex for the rooting process. My finances are extremely limited so I can't really be looking at getting anything else unless essential. I will be having a nose round my garden centre for PH adjusting stuff for soil.

If soil... What size pot?

I have three sizes for the different stages, and the largest/final pot will be 11L. They are square pots to save space and I've tried to get ones which are as deep as possible as I understand the roots of these lovely plants go down rather than out.

Size of light?

I am going to be using a 250 watt Metal Halide for veg and a 250 watt HPS for flowering. Fuzzy Duck very kindly helped me work out what I needed in the grow room as I got very confused with all the numbers...never was very good at maths lol.

Is it aircooled?

There will be two or three passive vents at the bottom, covered with mesh. I will also have a 4in inline extractor fan attached to a homemade carbon scrubber and a tower fan for general cooling and airflow. If I need to adjust this as I go along then will look at adding more.

Watering

I understand from a friend of mine who actually knows about growing plants that watering from the bottom helps prevent over watering (which I know already could be a problem with me, behave Fluffy!) so will be looking to do that.

Germination

I have some root riot cubes and Clonex to start my girls off.

-----------------------

This is where I am up to at the moment. I will be making notes shortly on my ideal temps/humidity/PH so I can make a note of them here and refer to them as I go along. I've got the proper tools for measuring this, and tactics in place just in case!

I am still to build the wardrobe and get everything in there, but as I am now in the home stretch of preparation I thought it time to start putting my journal together. If for no other reason but to keep myself in line!

Thank you for stopping by...may you have a wonderfully chilled out day! Have a smoke for me as I have been without a source for over a week and have about run out of nails to chew off! :)

Here's to having happy green days as often as possible....

WELCOME TO 420. Best site out there, IMHO.
Sounds to me like you got everything (almost) under control. The guys you mentioned are putting you in good hands, listen to their wisdom.
Like your signature too!
Looking foreword to your grow and journal, I still don't have the journal thing down, kinda' like who cares what I am doing, but someday, I will get one started.
Best to you in your future, keep 'em green
Peace,
Sfttailpaul...

Re: Fluffy's World of Pure Imagination Part 1 - First Ever Grow - Wardrobe/HPS/MH/Soi

WELCOME TO 420. Best site out there, IMHO.
Sounds to me like you got everything (almost) under control. The guys you mentioned are putting you in good hands, listen to their wisdom.
Like your signature too!
Looking foreword to your grow and journal, I still don't have the journal thing down, kinda' like who cares what I am doing, but someday, I will get one started.
Best to you in your future, keep 'em green
Peace,
Sfttailpaul...

Thank you for popping by Sfttailpaul :thanks: and thank you for the compliment for my signature!

I do know what you mean about the journal thing, I think with it being my first grow I wanted to keep one so I can keep track, and I will be so grateful for the help more experienced growers are able to offer. Who knows, it may suit, it may not...but I'm never one to not give things a go!

Have a lovely peaceful day and may it bring all you hope for :peace:

WELL WELL WELL, LOOK WHO WE HAVE HERE!!!:) HI FLUFFY..... Told you i'd drop by, gotta keep my word.:thumb:
I luv ur Journals name, kinda like MR mcgoriams wonder imporium - only better cos its bout weed. LOL.
Your journals kik ass, you got it worked out girl, good one:slide: I eagerly await to see some green your way when your ready, and youll be fine mate.. Good to see youve put alot of thought as to what you would like to do, and im wishing you all the best and hope to see you with Mass buds soon!! Ok Fluffy, well take care and chat soon.. Smokem..:goodjob:

in in good luck fluffy.im sure you wont need it with all the fine info your getting..im on my first grow stop by and check it out..:peace:

WELL WELL WELL, LOOK WHO WE HAVE HERE!!!:) HI FLUFFY..... Told you i'd drop by, gotta keep my word.:thumb:
I luv ur Journals name, kinda like MR mcgoriams wonder imporium - only better cos its bout weed. LOL.
Your journals kik ass, you got it worked out girl, good one:slide: I eagerly await to see some green your way when your ready, and youll be fine mate.. Good to see youve put alot of thought as to what you would like to do, and im wishing you all the best and hope to see you with Mass buds soon!! Ok Fluffy, well take care and chat soon.. Smokem..:goodjob:

G'day my Aussie buddy! (I am going to post post post to get to 50 lol).

Thank you so much for the enthusiastic encouragement for my journal, made my day. My favourite movie of all time is Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (the REAL one with Gene Wilder!) and the song Pure Imagination just speaks to me so much I had to name my journal after it! :cheesygrinsmiley:

My delivery has literally just arrived so now all I need to buy is the tower fan, paint and odd bits like extension cables. I am currently in the process of sweet talking my chap to help me on Saturday get it all set up so my girls can start growing! Soooooooo excited! :yahoo: (and nervous :bitingnails:hahaha)

My girls are already named, and they will always have the same names (the spirit of my girls will be in all my plants). One will be called Ruby (a wee beastie called Ruby makes her mum i.e. me very happy and always makes me smile so had to use that name) and the other will be called Elsa. I've always felt an affinity for Elsa the Lioness in Born Free so that was also a no brainer.

Have a super day my friend and will catch up soon!

Thank you so much Taylor!!! I am sure with all these genuine good wishes my girls will be awesome!

in in good luck fluffy.im sure you wont need it with all the fine info your getting..im on my first grow stop by and check it out..:peace:

Thank you Tommytim! Lovely of you to pop by and I will go have a nosy at your journal too.

G'day my Aussie buddy! (I am going to post post post to get to 50 lol).

Thank you so much for the enthusiastic encouragement for my journal, made my day. My favourite movie of all time is Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (the REAL one with Gene Wilder!) and the song Pure Imagination just speaks to me so much I had to name my journal after it! :cheesygrinsmiley:

My delivery has literally just arrived so now all I need to buy is the tower fan, paint and odd bits like extension cables. I am currently in the process of sweet talking my chap to help me on Saturday get it all set up so my girls can start growing! Soooooooo excited! :yahoo: (and nervous :bitingnails:hahaha)

My girls are already named, and they will always have the same names (the spirit of my girls will be in all my plants). One will be called Ruby (a wee beastie called Ruby makes her mum i.e. me very happy and always makes me smile so had to use that name) and the other will be called Elsa. I've always felt an affinity for Elsa the Lioness in Born Free so that was also a no brainer.

Have a super day my friend and will catch up soon!

How are your DIY cupboard skills??LOL.. Hey, That was soo weird.. When i was reading the names you may be using i saw Ruby, and thought Ruby Rose, and when i saw Elsa, before i saw the bit about you liking the movie - Born free- i straight away thought of that movie:) I loved that show from when i was young. Yeah it sounds gay but hey, i like lions, im a LEO after all! So now i have an even better feeling your grow will go well!!:yahoo:
Looking forward to seeing some nice Indica's in the near future.. Later buddy:rollit: Smokem...

Im in good luck :thumb:

Thanks Pickslee, and always good to see a fellow friend from the UK! :thanks:

How are your DIY cupboard skills??LOL.. Hey, That was soo weird.. When i was reading the names you may be using i saw Ruby, and thought Ruby Rose, and when i saw Elsa, before i saw the bit about you liking the movie - Born free- i straight away thought of that movie:) I loved that show from when i was young. Yeah it sounds gay but hey, i like lions, im a LEO after all! So now i have an even better feeling your grow will go well!!:yahoo:
Looking forward to seeing some nice Indica's in the near future.. Later buddy:rollit: Smokem...

Wellllllllll... I'm perfectly capable but am one of the world's most impatient people! I am dreading the whole flat pack thing, the last time my other half and I put stuff up together we nearly got divorced! LOL! Bless him, he is so patient :bigblush:

I think my main concern is the extractor fan to be honest. I'm fine if you can just plug in and go...I'm just hoping the fact his lordship has been doing more electrical type stuff in his job he will be able to do it. I am sure I can, I just don't trust myself! I haven't had chance to look at the connections yet (I've been busily selling everything I possibly can on Ebay and running backwards and forwards to post office to afford this build..and working full time! eek!) so I might be worrying over nothing. I did invest in a "silent" fan, don't want my lil doggie being kept awake with it.

I will keep you updated...I think tomorrow is the day we start building so wish me luck!!

See you soon!

xxx

Hey Fluffy, how you goin??
Hope all is well.. Yeah it ll be good once you can get your cupboard setup and then youll be kicking goals! Im awaiting to see what strain youll end up choosing, and hopefully seeing some lil youngsters making their way into the world:)
Sounds like things are pretty hectic for ya atm, ive been trying to un wind this weekend, but it didnt happen.. 2 days ago my friend had his motorbike stolen n torched, anyway the nxt day my mate had his stash on the table when the police knocked on the door, so as she called out 'its the cops' he grabbed his weed n chucked it up and behind his brick fireplace, anyway they only there for the bike, so he didnt need to stress. Anyway 4 ppl tried getting to it before me, after trying to use his girlfriends new Dyson vaccuum to get it the end fell down there too and she was pissed!! So it took me 2 hours to chip out a brick from the f/place and get the vacc n weed back. One bag opened and there was half an oz mixed in with ash n soot! LOL..But i had to work today n i was stuffed..
Anyways, take care hope your up n running soon and yeah, be cool! later fluffy..Smokem..

hi fluffy howz your garden??..thanx for popping by my journal.i never thought i would miss the uk weather but trust me this heat is unbearable at times..my little girls are not so keen on it either:phew:

Hi Fluffy:) Long time no typing?? Hope your DIY project is in full swing! How have you been anyways??? Good i hope, well all the best thought id drop by and check on any progress:) LATER CHICKY, Fluffy chicky!! lol.. Smokem..

Lo fluff, pleased to see ya got a journal up 'n' running :thumb:

Germination ah

Seeds need to soak up some 200% to 300% of their own mass in moisture before germination happens, if using the root riot cubes insert seed into cube by about 5mm & keep cube moist at all times a good fresh qualitie seed will sprout with in 24 to 72 hours... it may take longer tho.

I like to keep my temperature pretty stable/constant between 22c to 25c for optimal germination shouldn't be a problem with summer time here raising the avergae ambient temps a tad.

Once sprouted it may take 7 to 14 days before new roots poke out of the sides of root riot cube & this being a good sign to transplant into the biobizz light mix & a smaller pot around 1 litre in size, it will roughtly take 2 to 3 weeks for the new Mj girlie to fill out the pot with roots by this time you should think about transplanting to biobizz all mix & the 11 litre pots for final vegging.

Both light mix 'n' all mix contain nutrients for plants up to 2 to 4 weeks on average & would be inclined to use bio grow at 1/4 strength recommended dosage rate if you decided to use any nutrients in very early veg !

A thermometer may be nice to keep track of temps in grow area also plus a safe hanging height of 250w MH/HPS of 30cm/12 inches should be fine.

You mentioned a PH stabilizier, that should not be necessary biobizz all mix is pretty stable & in the past held pretty constant around PH 6.8 (bearing in mind i use hard water)

The real beauty behind soil & organic nutrients is that it naturallys buffers it self over time, hence you don't need PH ups 'n' downs & stabiliziers for it :peace:

All the best - Fuzzy

FLUFFY...FLUFFY??? Where are you???
Been missin ya around here:) But i guess you ve been busy.. So yeah any news yet on the green situation?? Goodluk, Chat soon, SMOKEM..

Lo fluff, pleased to see ya got a journal up 'n' running :thumb:

Germination ah

Seeds need to soak up some 200% to 300% of their own mass in moisture before germination happens, if using the root riot cubes insert seed into cube by about 5mm & keep cube moist at all times a good fresh qualitie seed will sprout with in 24 to 72 hours... it may take longer tho.

I like to keep my temperature pretty stable/constant between 22c to 25c for optimal germination shouldn't be a problem with summer time here raising the avergae ambient temps a tad.

Once sprouted it may take 7 to 14 days before new roots poke out of the sides of root riot cube & this being a good sign to transplant into the biobizz light mix & a smaller pot around 1 litre in size, it will roughtly take 2 to 3 weeks for the new Mj girlie to fill out the pot with roots by this time you should think about transplanting to biobizz all mix & the 11 litre pots for final vegging.

Both light mix 'n' all mix contain nutrients for plants up to 2 to 4 weeks on average & would be inclined to use bio grow at 1/4 strength recommended dosage rate if you decided to use any nutrients in very early veg !

A thermometer may be nice to keep track of temps in grow area also plus a safe hanging height of 250w MH/HPS of 30cm/12 inches should be fine.

You mentioned a PH stabilizier, that should not be necessary biobizz all mix is pretty stable & in the past held pretty constant around PH 6.8 (bearing in mind i use hard water)

The real beauty behind soil & organic nutrients is that it naturallys buffers it self over time, hence you don't need PH ups 'n' downs & stabiliziers for it :peace:

All the best - Fuzzy

This is awesome Fuzzy, thank you so much! It really helps knowing about the nature of the soils I will be using, as a total noob in any kind of growing this really is important! You are such a wise old owl aren't you? (I say old but you could be younger than me, it's just wise and old seem to go together lol).

You're a star!

FLUFFY...FLUFFY??? Where are you???
Been missin ya around here:) But i guess you ve been busy.. So yeah any news yet on the green situation?? Goodluk, Chat soon, SMOKEM..

Thanks for popping back Smokem! It is muchly appreciated :) :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom