Fluffy's World Of Pure Imagination Part 1 - First Ever Grow - Wardrobe -HPS/MH - Soil

Re: Fluffy's World Of Pure Imagination Part 1 - First Ever Grow - Wardrobe -HPS/MH -

Gotta give some rep to you for this (well, I can't give you any more yet so here will have to do).

For me this plant represents so much good, it's not man made and can make life just that little bit better. So to me putting the love and positive energy is only what it deserves.

Well said, well said! I believe this whole-heartedly. I'll only add one thing, give them music! Mine love Country Rock. I am serious. There's some threads here from last year where a few stated the same concept.
Also, if you want a really great short book to read, check it out. It is titled "The Secret Life of Plants" by Tompkins and is available from Amazon: secret life of plants
All about research showing plants being linked to their master and the effects of mental stimulus, and much more. Probably one of the most fascinating books I ever read (read it in the 70's), and will change anyone's mind about these miraculous plants we co-exist with. They really are a force of life. Yea, give them love!:circle-of-love:

Re: Fluffy's World Of Pure Imagination Part 1 - First Ever Grow - Wardrobe -HPS/MH -

Well said, well said! I believe this whole-heartedly. I'll only add one thing, give them music! Mine love Country Rock. I am serious. There's some threads here from last year where a few stated the same concept.
Also, if you want a really great short book to read, check it out. It is titled "The Secret Life of Plants" by Tompkins and is available from Amazon: Amazon: secret life of plants
All about research showing plants being linked to their master and the effects of mental stimulus, and much more. Probably one of the most fascinating books I ever read (read it in the 70's), and will change anyone's mind about these miraculous plants we co-exist with. They really are a force of life. Yea, give them love!:circle-of-love:

Country Rock eh? Will some Travis Tritt do? I'm not sure whether to go for that or some nice uplifting Nina Simone like Here Comes The Sun or Mr Bojangles? :)

Country Rock eh? Will some Travis Tritt do? I'm not sure whether to go for that or some nice uplifting Nina Simone like Here Comes The Sun or Mr Bojangles? :)

Gotta' remember, the music should be going 24/7 and Mr. BoJangles would cause them to die if they had to listen to it more than 1X/day...
Hell, I believe it would turn them yellow if more than 1X/week!

Gotta' remember, the music should be going 24/7 and Mr. BoJangles would cause them to die if they had to listen to it more than 1X/day...
Hell, I believe it would turn them yellow if more than 1X/week!

Ooh... I can see me and you are gonna be having throwing soil at each other fights over the music choices! :laughtwo:

Hi buddy,
Well i dont know why some ppl would grow 12/12 from start unless theyre auto's? But maybe 14 hrs light and 10 dark would just do, hopefully it should grow fine and not flower with only 10 hrs dark. IMO..
... .... ....
.. Until you see the size of your buds:):)
Later Sfttail, Smokem..;)

One thing I forgot to mention is this (IMHO). One wouldn't bother trying to go from seed directly to 12/12 with auto's. That wouldn't work. Auto's flower from within, their "genetic time clock", that is pre-determined in the plants' DNA. The amount of the dark cycle doesn't matter. They'll flower under 24 on/0 off to 0 on/24 off and any combination in between. This applies 100% to Land Race strains and diminishes it's influence as the gene pool gets Hybridized and mixed up in the development of all these new strains. It does have a floor or minimum, or a basic auto time strength factor but I've not seen research devoted to this. That's why I do not favor them for my growing regime, but for a lot of people, they are the bomb!

Ooh... I can see me and you are gonna be having throwing soil at each other fights over the music choices! :laughtwo:

No, I won't throw soil, I don't have any! Ha! No seriously, last time we all got into a discussion about this, the music selections ranged from Opera (OMG!) to Classical to Rock, to Country, and on and on... Seems it's like automobiles, everyone has the best.

One thing I forgot to mention is this (IMHO). One wouldn't bother trying to go from seed directly to 12/12 with auto's. That wouldn't work. Auto's flower from within, their "genetic time clock", that is pre-determined in the plants' DNA. The amount of the dark cycle doesn't matter. They'll flower under 24 on/0 off to 0 on/24 off and any combination in between. This applies 100% to Land Race strains and diminishes it's influence as the gene pool gets Hybridized and mixed up in the development of all these new strains. It does have a floor or minimum, or a basic auto time strength factor but I've not seen research devoted to this. That's why I do not favor them for my growing regime, but for a lot of people, they are the bomb!

My auto grow starts soon and I have doe about as much research as I can. From what i gather some folks go with 24/0, 18/6, or 20/4. I am still not 100% sure what I will do but I am leaning towards 20/4. I must have mis-read somewhere on Fluffy's precise journal. I was not aware she was using Autos? I probably did see it but got lost in all of the great posts.

Howdy Smokem :thanks:

I've been looking at lot at LST and Topping/Fimming, there's some great threads here on it (for any other fellow noobs out there I will put a link to them at the bottom).

But I hadn't even thought about the shape of the cupboard, thank you! I am now going to go and Google christmas tree and cannabis plants as I am totally lost on what that means :cheesygrinsmiley: Sounds interesting though and a very good point indeed. You're a star.

EDIT - Ah, I see where Christmas Tree comes from! I'd never heard that before or really thought about it hence appearing dim. I agree with you...if I can use the techniques for pruning and training I can get a couple of nice tall dense girls in there. Interesting what you say about Cindy though...so we will see how these girls grow and I can then see whether it would be best to have one or two yield wise. Thank you!

There are of course many other subject specific threads just as good, just these two seemed to work for me...

Topping
LST How to do

Fluffy,
I checked out the LST link you provided. Great stuff. I learned much from it. So much so that I may try it. My only question is if LST makes sense for Autos? From what I have gathered it would be fine especially since I am using CFl's and T5's as I can get closer to the plant. I would imagine LST would give more yield but not sure how it would take away from the main. In other words would I just be splitting the difference in bud size from the main to two? Not sure If I am making sense!

Awesome, thanks Korloin, definitely would be interested in seeing this....

I can be quite dense sometimes. :p It's the No Mercy guy I was remembering! I lurked on here for soo long before joining and
then a few months more before actually posting, that I've read like 1000 different threads. They all start to merge together as one after a while. ;) I'm still pretty impressed by this, though it's not in the stars for me.

Hey Korlion, I have a female Corleon Kush I crossed with Larry OG, just did the dusting 2 days ago (also the Larry with Black Water); thought you'd like the name being the same with yours.
:high-five::slide::cheesygrinsmiley: "Don Corleone, I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to your daughter's wedding." With your experience sfttailpaul, I hope you do a journal someday! Peeps like me and Fluffy really get a lot out of them! Plus I'd love to see what comes forth from of your first matchmaking:goodluck:!

also don't keep mothers anymore opting to take my cuttings from those in the Veg room 2 weeks before I flip them to flower. This process keeps me and the plants on a 2 month cycle where I take cuttings (2 weeks for strong roots) then into Veg for +/-8 weeks or until they get to be 24" tall (these get cuttings taken as soon as there are shoots with 2 nodes, usually 4-6 weeks into veg. and repeat.

I plan to do something similar after reading this thread from Racefan. I don't have anywhere to keep a mother, and if Racefan and you can keep strains going multiple years, I should at least be able to get a grow or two, methinks.:idea:

Hey Fluffy? How are Ruby and Elsa coming along? I'm interested in finding out how your lamp works out for you as this will be my first time trying HID. I've been looking at those enhanced HPS lamps a bit.:hmmmm: Anyone of you more experienced folks have an opinion on those? they're a bit pricey for me at the moment, but the convenience factor is appealing.

I'll be updating my journal either tonight or tomorrow. The kids are doing great, but I got a lil' bit more construction to do tonight after I get some grub in mine and my lil' girls tum.

:peace:

Korloin

Fluffy,

What happened to the Papaya?

I also grew Papaya and Vanilla Kush a few grows back, link is below. I was still wet behind the ears grower wise and think I could do a lot better next time I grow those strains. They were 12/12 from seed.

The VK was tough getting started. A no sprout and 2 sprout and die. The one that did survive took forever to really start growing. one big cola, but not necessarily a big plant, but the stalk was thick as a broom stick. Keep your eye out for bud rot around the 7th week. Deep inside the big cola. Look for discoloration on the surface, then look deep inside near the stem and you will find it. Cut it out carefully and keep checking every day. Consider topping her to eliminate the one huge cola for 2 or 4 smaller ones. That's what I'm gonna do if I ever get around to growing the last seed of 5

The VK is like smoking a muscle relaxer.

it looked like this for weeks if I remember

VK_sprout_021411R.jpg

Vanilla_Kush_12wks_R_a.jpg

Fluffy,
I checked out the LST link you provided. Great stuff. I learned much from it. So much so that I may try it. My only question is if LST makes sense for Autos? From what I have gathered it would be fine especially since I am using CFl's and T5's as I can get closer to the plant. I would imagine LST would give more yield but not sure how it would take away from the main. In other words would I just be splitting the difference in bud size from the main to two? Not sure If I am making sense!

Honestly, I wouldn't have a clue. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to help!

I'm sorry I confused you about the autos :bigblush: I was considering growing a couple for speed on my first grow because I can't buy any now, but decided against it in the end. A few weeks waiting to get better quality and quantity is worth it.

Glad the links helped, I like pictures so you can actually see how to do things.

Fluffy,

What happened to the Papaya?

I also grew Papaya and Vanilla Kush a few grows back, link is below. I was still wet behind the ears grower wise and think I could do a lot better next time I grow those strains. They were 12/12 from seed.

The VK was tough getting started. A no sprout and 2 sprout and die. The one that did survive took forever to really start growing. one big cola, but not necessarily a big plant, but the stalk was thick as a broom stick. Keep your eye out for bud rot around the 7th week. Deep inside the big cola. Look for discoloration on the surface, then look deep inside near the stem and you will find it. Cut it out carefully and keep checking every day. Consider topping her to eliminate the one huge cola for 2 or 4 smaller ones. That's what I'm gonna do if I ever get around to growing the last seed of 5

The VK is like smoking a muscle relaxer

Hi Hash Hound!

I, erm... erm.... mislaid the Papaya seeds. House is in a bit of disarray and I know they are lurking somewhere because I put them in a "safe place". They will turn up I am sure, but at the moment they are winning at hide & seek! :bigblush:

Thanks very much for this help Hash Hound. I am a little concerned now about the VK for the first grow.

They aren't showing any signs of growing yet, but then again it's only 48 hours and they are in root riot cubes so can't see anything happening. I am impatient by nature so don't want to just throw a wobblie over nothing.

I can have another hunt for the Papaya if that's an easier grow??

And thank you for the tips on the VK...I do like being prepared beforehand as much as possible.

EDIT - I had a naughty peek. Well, I haven't done this before so I'm allowed. NLB is definitely working. One of the VK nothing, the other has a tiny weeny little taproot. Even though I'm only going to be able to grow two plants, it is vital I get a good first harvest to tide me over to the next one. I think I might go and see if I can find those Papaya seeds so I can at least get a couple of them going so I can choose the best two plants.

:thanks:

I plan to do something similar after reading this thread from Racefan. I don't have anywhere to keep a mother, and if Racefan and you can keep strains going multiple years, I should at least be able to get a grow or two, methinks.:idea:

Hey Fluffy? How are Ruby and Elsa coming along? I'm interested in finding out how your lamp works out for you as this will be my first time trying HID. I've been looking at those enhanced HPS lamps a bit.:hmmmm: Anyone of you more experienced folks have an opinion on those? they're a bit pricey for me at the moment, but the convenience factor is appealing.

Hi Korloin

Thanks for the link...I will definitely have a look at that later on. I'm not sure if I am going to be able to do it given the space available, but you never know. I shall have a good nosy :)

No signs of growth yet, but Hash Hound is making me wonder about the VK. I'm considering have a good rootle around to try and find the Papaya seeds I was originally going to use.

Honestly, I wouldn't have a clue. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to help!

I'm sorry I confused you about the autos :bigblush: I was considering growing a couple for speed on my first grow because I can't buy any now, but decided against it in the end. A few weeks waiting to get better quality and quantity is worth it.

Glad the links helped, I like pictures so you can actually see how to do things.

No big deal. I was sure you were not doing autos! sometimes the threads all blend together! I think ill try LST on a couple of plants. Cant hurt.

Fluff

The Papaya was a very good producer. I think it was close to 5oz of I remember correct.

I was a little disappointed it wasn't as strong as describe by Nirvana, but it was only my second grow and I know I can do better now. I gave clones of it to a few friends, and theirs turned out good. It also had bud rot and I lost almost an oz of the huge thick top cola. It was a very nice smelling plant. Good, but not as "narcotic" as described.

The VK was a little finicky as I stated earlier. Have patience.

Papaya
Papaya_7_weeks.jpg

Papaya_13_Wks_R.jpg

Also, if you want a really great short book to read, check it out. It is titled "The Secret Life of Plants" by Tompkins and is available from Amazon: Amazon: secret life of plants

Thank you sfttailpaul, delivered Monday,

Enjoying sharing your adventure Fluffy!

Hey AJ, sfttail and anyone else with a bit of open-mindedness toward the "esoteric". Look into the research of John Burke :)rip:). He wrote a book called "Seed of Knowledge, Stone of Plenty", chronicling his research. His hypothesis is that a lot of the ancient structures we label as "ritual sites" may have, at least in part, been something akin to earth energy magnifiers and used to improve the growth and yield of seed crops. It's actually really fascinating and not as hokey as my brief description makes it sound. A lot on analytic measurements of magnetic fields and controlled experiments using seeds stored at the sites vs. a control of regular seeds. The increase in size and speed of growth of the treated seeds compared to the controls are amazing!:green_heart:

Sorry to keep hijacking your thread Fluffy.:sorry:

I just usually get a lot of eye rolling when I talk of this stuff and get excited when I sense those of like mind nearabouts. :)

Won't be long for your Dearies I'm sure. I am all in a tizzy waiting for it though!:circle-of-love:

Fluff

The Papaya was a very good producer. I think it was close to 5oz of I remember correct.

I was a little disappointed it wasn't as strong as describe by Nirvana, but it was only my second grow and I know I can do better now. I gave clones of it to a few friends, and theirs turned out good. It also had bud rot and I lost almost an oz of the huge thick top cola. It was a very nice smelling plant. Good, but not as "narcotic" as described.

The VK was a little finicky as I stated earlier. Have patience.

Found the Papaya! Of all places I found it in one of my boots in my wardrobe. I only looked there in desperation because I am known for putting things in my boots to carry upstairs and then forgetting! And thats even without smoking so I think I am a hopeless case :bigblush:. I've got one on germination now, obviously I don't want them all to start growing and end up having to sacrifice them.

Lol...me, patience? :)

Love the pics...I had a good nosy through your journal, it will be really helpful for me as the grow goes along, thank you! I'm glad you have warned me about the possible bud rot in advance, hopefully if I can catch it early I won't lose too much.

Thank you for coming along ajagunle!

Hey AJ, sfttail and anyone else with a bit of open-mindedness toward the "esoteric". Look into the research of John Burke. He wrote a book called "Seed of Knowledge, Stone of Plenty", chronicling his research. His hypothesis is that a lot of the ancient structures we label as "ritual sites" may have, at least in part, been something akin to earth energy magnifiers and used to improve the growth and yield of seed crops. It's actually really fascinating and not as hokey as my brief description makes it sound. A lot on analytic measurements of magnetic fields and controlled experiments using seeds stored at the sites vs. a control of regular seeds. The increase in size and speed of growth of the treated seeds compared to the controls are amazing!

Sorry to keep hijacking your thread Fluffy.

I just usually get a lot of eye rolling when I talk of this stuff and get excited when I sense those of like mind nearabouts.

Won't be long for your Dearies I'm sure. I am all in a tizzy waiting for it though!

Lol, no problem Korloin. I am quite happy for this hijack, it's really interesting and I am always open minded to trying new things (unless it has anything to do with cucumber). Although if my girls want me to play them Cold Play then they are no girls of mine! :)

And don't worry...I'm an excitable bean when on form and I get quite a lot of eye rolling too. You are not alone!

Back
Top Bottom