RV Shower Multi Strain 300w LED Organic Grow

CascadianDank

Hello and :welcome: to my first journal which also happens to be my first organic grow. Ive grown in perlite/vermiculite hempys for about 2 yrs but have decided to go organic.

I recently moved from the midwest to the beautiful northwest and am living in an RV so space is limited to the shower (54in X 23in X 70in) which will be turned into a grow tent using pandafilm for veg/flower for the time being then i plan to build a small tent (36in X 24in X 32in) to fit on the dash for cloning/vegging in the next month or 2.

Due to a much higher chiropractor bill than i was expecting i wasnt able to get my soil mix so i currently have 8 seedlings in solo cups of earthgro organic potting soil from walmart.

I plan to use the following soil mix 6 parts FFOF X 2 parts Perlite X 2 parts EWC and Powdered Dolomite Lime @ 2 tablespoons per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of the mix. This is a mix i found on another site so if anyone has anything to add or take away from that for any reason id be glad to hear it but the FFOF is what i will be using for sure.

Lighting will be an air cooled 600 watt hps for veg and bloom for the time being but the veg lighting could change once i get the 2nd tent built. Currently im using a 150 watt hps all in one light till i get the 600w the 150 will go in the small tent at that point

This is where things get difficult for me cuz ive never worried about it before. Im going to use a 4in Hurricane inline fan with 4X8 phresh filter and 4in phresh duct silencer which im hoping will control heat and odor issues. My question here is will that be enough to pull in fresh air thru the air cooled hood down to the floor level via ducting and then thru the filter to exhaust out of the top of the tent or will i need a 2nd fan for that to work. I will have 2X 6 inch clip fans for circulation inside also.

Since this is an existing shower there wont really be any structure to build ill be taping the pandafilm to the walls of the shower and use the adjustable shower curtain rods at the top and front of the shower for support so the front and top are my only options for intake and exhaust. Here are pics of the space

DSCF24451.JPG
DSCF24481.JPG
DSCF24531.JPG

The cups at the bottom of the shower contain seeds which i believe to be 3 Purple Kush on the left, 3 Super Skunk on the right and 2 Purple Power front and center. I say "believe to be" because i did not order them myself from a seed bank. The PK and PP came from a friend of a friend in B.C. The PK came as about 20 seeds in a baggie corner which i have grown for 2 yrs now and and the PP I did receive in a plastic tube with cotton inside and had 10 seeds which ive also been growing for 2 yrs. Both resemble write ups and pics ive seen online regarding the strains so i think theyre legit. The SS i got a clone from a lifetime friend of my dad and it hermied on me so i got a buncha seeds which ive used a couple times and they turned out great.

OK so theres the rundown lets get on with the show and PLEASE post any questions, concerns or suggestions you have this is my first time with organics and a tent with climate/odor control so i know im gonna run into unforseen issues because things just never go as planned

9-8-12) Dropped 2PP, 3PK, and 3PP seeds into shot glasses of tap water
9-10-12) All beans popped so planted each in a pre wetted party cup of earthgro potting soil from walmart
cups were marked PP1,PP2,PK1,PK2,PK3,SS1,SS2,SS3 then put in tub under 150w hps on 24/0 light cycle
9-12-12) morning PP2 was peekin out of the dirt by early afternoon SS3 peeked out to join the party late evening SS1 and SS2 joined the party too.

This morning i took the following pics to show where were at for the start of our journey

this is PP2 after shedding her shell
DSCF24541.JPG

3 SS babies
DSCF24551.JPG

OK there we are Ill be getting my soil mix Sunday or Monday that will go into 3 gal smart pots for my ladies to live in and also will be ordering my BPN Farmers Pride on Monday also.

:thanks: for stopping by and taking the time to read this and i look forward to any and all input that you may have :passitleft:

re: RV Shower Multi Strain 300w LED Organic Grow

Hello again, this morning i got my farmers pride nutes ordered and tomorrow will be soil and tent day.

Yesterday 9-14-12 PK2 decided to join the party so were now up to 5 little ones who all look happy and healthy.

I have a couple/few questions if anyone would like to help me out it would be great.
1st is about GLR I wanna give it a try and my question is when do i start the cycle

2nd one is from my first post Im going to use a 4in Hurricane inline fan (171cfm) with 4X8 phresh filter and 4in phresh duct silencer in a 50cf tent. Im gonna have the fan on top of the filter with the silencer vented out the top on top of the fan. I wanna pull fresh air from the outside of the tent thru the hood and thru ducting down to the bottom of the tent and then out thru the filter. Theres 50cf and 171cfm so i figure yes itll work but idk for sure cuz ive never used them before and there will be 2 or possibly 3 90s in the ducting. I figure a 600w hps will give off quite a bit of heat in that small of an area so maybe 6in (435cfm) fan?? Any suggestions on a different fan all together that would be right for that space.
3rd I need to have Blue Planet Nutrients spelled out in place of BPN in my title can that be done or do i need to start a new journal.

re: RV Shower Multi Strain 300w LED Organic Grow

I'm subbing this. It reminds me of an Idea i gave a family member who lives in a Camper and travels the country lol.

Re: RV shower multi strain 600 watt organic grow with Blue Planet Nutrients Farmers P

Smart adding lime to your soil. It is always a good idea to add a little calcium when growing with organic nutrients. This grow should go reallly well...
subbed.

Re: RV shower multi strain 600 watt organic grow with Blue Planet Nutrients Farmers P

Hello Jimmy and thanks for joinin us.

OK so the last 2 days have been GREAT. 1st I got my Blue Planet Farmers Pride nutes ordered and tracking info says i should have them Friday. Then I went to the local hydro shop and got my smart pots went with 2 gal ones and got the material to make my tent. I found a shelf that fit in there, sorta, with rods to hang the light by. Made the space smaller but it will work Im only flowering 4 at any one time with a 2 plant per month harvest.

I changed my mind on the soil mix. This is my first go of it so decided to keep it simple and do a 2:1 mix of FFOF to Coco. Today i transplanted the little ones into their new soil but back into the same cups due to having to use a 150w hps for the next couple weeks when i can get the 600w.

We lost PK 1&3 and PP 1 Which leaves us with PP2,PK2 and SS 1,2&3. When i transplanted them i squeezed the cups enough to loosen the soil and pour the soil out while holding the stems carefully of course so as not to hurt the roots. It actually worked better than i thought but the soil was a bit dry and crumbly. All but SS 1&3 had roots to the bottom of the cup, they had much shorter roots.

Tried adding pics here but they didnt upload so i tried doing it again and now when i try to process i get an image too small message?? When i get em posted ill add them here.

Lighting will be an air cooled 600 watt hps for veg and bloom for the time being but the veg lighting could change once i get the 2nd tent built. Currently im using a 150 watt hps all in one light till i get the 600w the 150 will go in the small tent at that point

This is where things get difficult for me cuz ive never worried about it before. Im going to use a 4in Hurricane inline fan with 4X8 phresh filter and 4in phresh duct silencer which im hoping will control heat and odor issues. My question here is will that be enough to pull in fresh air thru the air cooled hood down to the floor level via ducting and then thru the filter to exhaust out of the top of the tent or will i need a 2nd fan for that to work. I will have 2X 6 inch clip fans for circulation inside also.

That fan should do fine. You are not working with a huge room area.

Hello Heirloom and thanks for the reply.

Is that perpetual in your journal??

Not Canadian, Cascadia is something I learned about from my brewing hobby and since Im now part of the region I used it here.

"Cascadia is the name of a bioregion and proposed country located within the Pacific Northwest of North America. Potential boundaries differ, with some drawn along existing political state and provincial lines, and others drawn along larger ecological, cultural and economic boundaries.
The nation would consist of British Columbia, Canada, along with Oregon, Washington and portions of other states from the United States. At its maximum extent Cascadia would extend from coastal Southeast Alaska to the north, extending into Northern California in the south, and inland to include parts of the Yukon, Idaho, Wyoming and Western Montana"

LOL. I screwed that up! I know the Cascades, I lived in Olympia, WA for several years. Many apologies!

The perpetual is in my journal, somewhere mixed in with experiments and other talk. It's the RDWC indoor system.

Hey man looking good. I was going to throw in some input just as a "hey if you ever" kind of things. If you ever have an issue with Light leaks, talk to a few hotels or something your area and ask if they have any Blackout drapes that they do not need anymore. Those things are made to block out light and withstand a bit of heat.

Am I reading this correctly? You are going to be doing the growing in that shower stall only? Man, my hat's off to you. Gonna' have a lot of plants in there...

Update time. My package arrived yesterday

Farmers_Pride.JPG

So Ill start with some before pics from last night with the light off.
This is 11 days from popping the shell and going in the cups on 9-10-12

Night_Before_1st_Feeding_2.JPG

Night_Before_1st_Feeding_1.JPG

These are from right before i fed for the first time.

Right_Before_1st_Feeding_1.JPG
Right_Before_1st_Feeding_2.JPG

They are now 12 days from seed so I ended up using 2.5mls of each Micro,Grow,Bloom,Dark Matter, and Bio-Juice in 2 qts of britta filtered water. I used the filtered water because i dont have anything to check ph of the tap water with at the moment and figured it would be closer to what i needed. I have read that ph isnt an issue in organics so i wasnt prepared for that when i read the feeding chart which says to ph before feeding
Organic Fertilizer Guide

Here they are after the first feeding. I raised the light up because i think it might be a little hot without the fan and the door closed while i sleep

Right_After_1st_Feeding_1.JPG
Right_After_1st_Feeding_2.JPG

Hello Paul. What im doing now is just getting my flower room set up which will be a 2 plant per month perpetual grow so only 4 possibly 5 at a time in there at any given time. Ill have a separate veg chamber which is yet to be built. For now its a veg room though til these are ready to flip

I forgot to mention the cups are still arranged in the same order with top left being PP2, top right SS1, middle PK2, bottom left SS3 and bottom right SS2

Heres a pic of PP2 which has some weird lookin leaves
PP2_Before_1st_Feeding_1.JPG
PP2_Before_1st_Feeding_3.JPG
PP2_Before_1st_Feeding_2.JPG

That was the first seed to pop and sprout but is the 2nd smallest one behind SS2. The biggest one so far is PK2 which was the last one to sprout.

Back
Top Bottom