The Den of Secrets Hydro Grow 3rd Go Round

Dweeden420

420 Nug of the Month: 2nd Place Winner
Well DJB and I are back for another go around. We are still using the Cool Cab with the original reservoir, original drip system and fogger with replaced discs.

The reservoir holds 15 gallons of water and there are holes for 14 plants.

On this grow we have 3 feminized Red Diesel's Barney's Farm Attitude Seeds
1 feminized Pure Gold Attitude Seeds Freebie
4 Californian Skunk seeds Amsterdam Seed bank
2 Power Skunk seeds Attitude Seeds Freebie's
4 Indica/Sativa mix Amsterdam Seed Bank Freebie's

We are still using Fox Farm Nutes, Stay Green and 35% Hydrogen Peroxide....

We are sticking with our good old well water, tastes great and has just a hint of sulfur.. The plants seemed to like it on the last grow.

We started germinating on February 14 in paper towels in plastic containers sitting on our hot water tank...works quite well.

100_1680a.jpg

100_1687a.jpg

100_1691a.jpg

100_1692a.jpg

On Tuesday 2/17 we put all the babies in the Cool Cab and started the 400 watt MH light on 24 hours a day.

These were taken on 2/26/09:

100_1705a.jpg

100_1706a.jpg

100_1708a.jpg

100_1709a.jpg

100_1720a.jpg

PHP:
Poke Smot 

Re: The Den of Secrets Hydro Grow 3rd Go Round 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOOKING GREAT MAN love the variety I would also like to say OMG on that tatanka beautiful strain man does it look like that every time sorry if it is a stupid ?

I loved how oyu raised the last children in the den of iniquity and coming out good. I like what I see again thusfar and will gladly be along for another ride. Thank you guys.
I also look forward to seeing the outdoor season for you guys to begin,after that white cold stuff leaves you alone. Are you or can you get the area outdoors prepped for soils conditions?

rugdoc

Re: The Den of Secrets Hydro Grow 3rd Go Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks good! love the roots!

Thank you Rugdoc, this is our third hydro grow (2nd ended very shortly after it started...system went down for a couple of days and thats not good in hydro)

But this one seems to be doing well, the roots are amazing aren't they. We have bubblers in the bottom along with a fogger turns your water and your nutrients in 15-20 micron water droplets we also use 35% hydrogen peroxide 2x a week. The roots smell like potato peels, its very coo.

Cherma, thanks and the outside prep area is still under snow. Last outdoor season DBJ and I grew 2 plants from clone that we bought and were told it was crystal??? Our growing area consisted of cured or aged about 5 years horse manure (cedar shavings and muck) and silt runoff from a fresh water stream. We really only added cool bloom for the final stage of flowering. We had amazing results, as stated in our first grow, these two plants produced almost 2 lbs. of great weed. With all that we have learned since that time I can only dream of the endless possibilities.

100_0753a.jpg

100_0764a.jpg

100_0757a.jpg

Hello all, things are starting to smell wonderful. Today is 4 full weeks since germination. We turned the MH light off on Wednesday morning leaving the plants in the dark for 24 hours (I read somewhere that this speeds up the plants showing sex, we'll see) Friday started 12/12 400watt HPS. There are a couple of shots fresh off the press.

March 14, 2009:

100_1874a.jpg

100_1876a.jpg

100_1865a.jpg

100_1869a.jpg

100_1871a.jpg

i like your set up looks good lol for some reason im addicted to setups and how they work but this one i like looks like you can just close the doors and would seem like nothing was going on lol

Thanks a bunch Flyfishinrock, yeah the fogger is kinda cool, the roots seem to really like it. I came home tonight and the 2 sativas are only 2" from the light. We only know that the 4 corners are females and one of the Californian Skunks seem to be showing female sign. On our first grow we changed the lights about 5 days earlier - I'll blame DJB for not doing it earlier lol.

l8tnightskunk, funny you should think that...I did too when I picked this cabinet. I remember telling DJB (hubby) yeah they say that the noise is about the same as a small air conditioner...That is funny. It makes a lot of noise. Its nickname is the spaceship. Just imagine: One medium size bathroom fan, 2 duct fans, 2 small fans, water pump 2 bubblers, 14 drip heads. You see. It's not like you could put it in any living space and not draw attention. We have 4 kids and the "den" now has locks and its off limits.

Thanks a bunch Flyfishinrock, yeah the fogger is kinda cool, the roots seem to really like it. I came home tonight and the 2 sativas are only 2" from the light. We only know that the 4 corners are females and one of the Californian Skunks seem to be showing female sign. On our first grow we changed the lights about 5 days earlier - I'll blame DJB for not doing it earlier lol.

l8tnightskunk, funny you should think that...I did too when I picked this cabinet. I remember telling DJB (hubby) yeah they say that the noise is about the same as a small air conditioner...That is funny. It makes a lot of noise. Its nickname is the spaceship. Just imagine: One medium size bathroom fan, 2 duct fans, 2 small fans, water pump 2 bubblers, 14 drip heads. You see. It's not like you could put it in any living space and not draw attention. We have 4 kids and the "den" now has locks and its off limits.

LOL it looks like a spaceship and probably gets you just as high :goodjob:. Nice setup.

Thank you Pitviper and Vergere, I do tend to post a bunch of pictures - its just that the growth at this point just amazes me. Look:

The two tallest plants are the G13 Power Skunk Free Seeds ( Please be girls)
100_1893a.jpg

100_1890a.jpg

Californian Skunk Amsterdam Seed Bank 12/12 for 5 days
100_1896a.jpg

AND FINALLY...HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY TO ALL

100_1899a.jpg

Lol. I just enjoyed your grow for the second time all the way through. Awesome pics. Fingers are crossed for you as far as the ladies go.

Thank you Ms. Fox, Vergere. Pitviper still no sign on the two big Sativas, DJB had to pull them away from the light a bit though and l8tnightskunk I can't take the credit for the name, our 16 year old started calling our room that when we put the locks on to keep her and the others out. We are at day 33. Light is 12/12 nutes are around 1000 FF tiger bloom,big bloom, open sesame, stay green and hydrogen peroxide 35%. Light is as high as it goes without removing the upper shelf which right now is the home of several clones from the Red Diesel Fem and the Pure Gold Fem. The big californian skunk was the first to show herself now waiting on 7 plants. Last go around we started with 14 and ended up with 5. We kinda stacked the odds in our favor this time with the 4 feminized seeds. The plants really really look good. Lets take a peek inside the space ship....

100_1925a.jpg

100_1924a.jpg

100_1923a.jpg

100_1908a.jpg

100_1909a.jpg

100_1904a.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/100_1906a.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/100_1906a.jpg

100_1917a.jpg

100_1920a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom