12 Hours HPS - 12 Hours Flouro

Yes, but I'm curious why you would want to do that.

CFL are better for seedlings, they don't need much light, in fact HPS aren't really good for them. Keep them under the fluorescent alone, they're plenty for seedlings.

I'm guessing your thinking is to put them in with the flowering plants while those lights are on, and take them out and put them under a fluorescent, and figure the amount of HPS light they will get will do them better. Probably just be a huge waste of your time and energy, and you don't really want to have to worry about getting them out of the dark on time, especially because if you interrupt the dark cycle of your flowering ladies to go get them then you're risking them going hermaphrodite and self-pollinating. Just a friendly tip.

Thanks for the input, I did veg my last plants under CFL but they yellow'd, never grew beyond a few cm high and were definitely doomed to fail. I switched them to HPS and they took off immediately. The problem is, I also added ventilation and repotted in different soil at the same time so It could have been any of the three factors stopping them from growing. They were probably just suffocating. I was just in the process of setting up which is why it was so half ass. It would be awesome if I could get them veging under CFL so I can dedicate the HPS to 12/12. Better on power too!

Back
Top Bottom