16/12!

do 17/11 i would just run them all 24/7 the auto should be far enough into flowering that the 12/12 light change wont bother them at all or u can always let reg veg longer then u can have two separate harvests and a big ass plant b/c the extra veg

From my understanding of autos they flower regardless of light schedule thus the name autoflowering. I could be wrong i have never grown an auto strain just sharing what I have read

From my understanding of autos they flower regardless of light schedule thus the name autoflowering. I could be wrong i have never grown an auto strain just sharing what I have read

What you think will be with normal plants,will they experience similar to 12/12 induce flowering early??
Autos basically count days/nights but curious how normal photosynthetic plant will react to 16/12

Well from what ive read some peoples opinion (and i say opinion only because i have no experience with autos and you can't always be sure whos right lol) is that running an auto on 12/12 only reduces growth rate due to receiving less light and saves on electricity bill. 18/6 or 20/4 or even 24/0 all will work with autos because like you said the count days in order to start flowering unlike photoperiod plants that need the reduced daylight hours to induce flowering. Once again i wanna make clear i have no first hand experience only what i have read in all my researching lol

what happens on 16/12 ??
There is no much info neither google,youtube...

16/12 must have been a slip of the tongue from the seller, or a "special" lighting schedule.

Each day only has 24 hours. So do mechanical timers. 18/6 works well for Autos.

Unless you have a digital timer, 16/12 cannot be programmed :goodluck:

16/12 must have been a slip of the tongue from the seller, or a "special" lighting schedule.

Each day only has 24 hours. So do mechanical timers. 18/6 works well for Autos.

Unless you have a digital timer, 16/12 cannot be programmed :goodluck:

Appreciate the info. ;)
Got 7 day normal timer,and running 16/12 is easy.
Instead of 7 light/dark periods i will have only 6days/nights a week.
4hrs more light per day,gives you 24hrs in 6 days.
Apparently what i read and researched the 16hrs day gives sufficient growth,
And 12 darkness let it build up hormones for flowering...
Autos will do in any time schedule,but the important question is how Non-Auto or Normal plant will react to this schedule???
Girls are day 7 from germination and growing lovely...

Thanks for help,great community ;) :)

Autos will flower regardless of how much light it receives but the more light the better of course, for all plants I think a few hrs break is good during veg so 18/6 or 20/4 is ideal. You'll be giving your photo's 16hrs of light during veg which is great for them & the auto's. When you flip 12/12 to induce flower in the photo's the autos will happily ride along, although I think to get the most out of an auto you should give them 18hrs (or 16hrs in your case) of light thoughout the entire grow, but 12/12 will certainly work. Good luck

Ok well Ive messed around loads with timings etc.
Firstly it comes down to strain. Even some autos wont flower without a dark period of some sort. It comes down to genetics and where said plants genealogy derives from. Some plants will flower with 7-8 hrs dark, others will need the trigger of more hrs.
Anyway if you have phito and auto you would normally fit around the photo girls and run your autos at say 18/6 keeping your photos in veg. Yet your autos are primary, so you need to work your way down in increments to find a balance.

Then as for extended light waves :)
Ive run 21.36 hrs light 12hr dark for photo period plantsduring peak budding. You can mess all you want with daylight but dark is set in stone pretty much. Then you can tailor these extended hours to match the budding waves of your plants , but thats a little advanced lol.

Ok well Ive messed around loads with timings etc.
Firstly it comes down to strain. Even some autos wont flower without a dark period of some sort. It comes down to genetics and where said plants genealogy derives from. Some plants will flower with 7-8 hrs dark, others will need the trigger of more hrs.
Anyway if you have phito and auto you would normally fit around the photo girls and run your autos at say 18/6 keeping your photos in veg. Yet your autos are primary, so you need to work your way down in increments to find a balance.

Then as for extended light waves :)
Ive run 21.36 hrs light 12hr dark for photo period plantsduring peak budding. You can mess all you want with daylight but dark is set in stone pretty much. Then you can tailor these extended hours to match the budding waves of your plants , but thats a little advanced lol.

Cheers ;)
I have been reading about 21.36hrs light.
Sounds good,will definitely need to bare in mind.
Would be really curious to try that out :thumb:

Big thanks for popping over ;):welcome:

as long as ur photosynthesis seed dont get 12 hours of dark in a dark period consistently for 14 days then they should not go into to flowering lol thats anywhere from 10 to 14 days but if the photo seeds get 12 hours of dark they will go into flowering

as long as ur photosynthesis seed dont get 12 hours of dark in a dark period consistently for 14 days then they should not go into to flowering lol thats anywhere from 10 to 14 days but if the photo seeds get 12 hours of dark they will go into flowering

Thats exactly what i wan't Photo plant to do,thanks ;)
Really appreciate all member inputs in my Question.
Have a good one ;)

Back
Top Bottom