1st grow - Any advice would be awesome - Details inside

LadyK3

Hey everyone,

I am working on my first grow. Here is what I am working with:

Germinated 2 WW auto's with the paper towel method and placed in 12oz dixie cups once the taproots emerged slightly.

I have a 48x36x70 mylar tent
a Viparspectra 600W LED with separate veg and bloom switches, adjustable ratchet hanging system
Using bottles distilled water
Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil with Worm Castings and Bat Guano
I have a small oscillating fan on the shelf and an intake/exhaust fan setup on the ground.
Figured I could run a 24 constant light since theyre autos. Also figured I would run the veg light only for the first part, maybe 2 weeks? Also, not too sure what distance from top of seedling to keep the light. Any advice?
My temps are staying around 80F with RH around 40 with just the veg light on. As soon as I flip to run both veg and bloom, the temps go up a tad and the RH drops almost 10 points. I heard that once they go into flower you want lower RH, is this true?

I planted my germinated seeds on Saturday 1/21/2017 and this morning they popped out above the surface.
I may have been reading too much and got overzealous but I saw one helmet was almost off completely so I helped it off with tweezers, as well as the membrane, I just went ahead and did it to the other. My reason for jumping to that was because with the veg light on, it made the sprouts look brown and I was worried they were dying because of the helmet. Turns out the light is VERY deceiving. I have been worrying all day that I burnt the seedling or it was struggling in the helmet. Or over/under water. I raised my light and put a few sprays of water on the top soil, pulled one out into the normal light only to see it WAS GREEN. LOL

My pH is reading at 7.2, not sure how to make any adjustments I may need.

Anyhow, here is a photo of my setup so far, and my itty bitty sprouts

Please, everyone any feedback, tips, tricks, critiques, etc would be greatly appreciated. (Will try to upload smaller photos next time) :thanks:

-LadyK3
20170124_150920_zpsqjzb5b8x.jpg
20170124_150914_zpsesbkgikf.jpg
c719a769-d6f5-464d-9083-3b0063429ec4_zpslpxt4roh.jpg

I like how you called them helmets :p. For the future though, if you remove a helmet to early, you will damage the colydons and the mini not emerged true leafs. It's a gamble to take, but usually if you plant the seed deep enough, the friction from the soil should take it off.
I'd recommend putting a 500ml pop bottle that is cut in half overtop of them. 40% RH is to low for seedlings, if you put a clear bottle over them, it'll raise the humidity in the little dome and it'll help the plant take moisture from the air so it's roots don't become stressed trying to keep the little thing hydrated)
7.2ph is a little to high, to lower it, use ph'd water that had a ph of around 6.5, you can buy stuff to lower ph or use 5% vinegar.

Yup you can do that, you have to maintain PH levels every time you water, although I can't say 100% if it's the same for soil, I use ProMix.
There is no point in running both, you could if the plants were bigger aka different cicumstances. Your best bet would be to just use the veg cycle switch.

Auto or not, MJ does better in 24/7 light in the veg stage. If you grow a non auto, you can do the same. :)

You can save some money in the long run by just buying a Bluelab pH meter right off the bat. They cost more, but you won't be sorry. I also use Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Perlite 3:1, and pH water and nutrients to 6.5.

Good luck.

Thats where I messed up. I bought a generic moisture/ph meter with probes and a little arm that moves to show levels.
I will do my best to find a decent meter tomorrow

You can find decent meters for under 70$, just remember that you HAVE to buy the calibration fluid (4.0ph and 7.0ph) and the pen storage (electrode) fluid. Everytime you use the pen in anything other than water, dip it fresh water to clean the electrode off, then put some electrode fluid in the cap and close the pen, some liquid will come out. If you do this Everytime, your pen will last awhile. :)

Hi LadyK3,

Please excuse the intrusion, however it appears that you may not be reading your private messages.

Private Messages aka "PM's" can be viewed in your UserCP.

We ask that you please use our Photo Gallery to upload and post your photos.

If you need help with the gallery, please check out our Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos.

Questions and/or comments regarding this policy can be addressed by replying to one of the PM's I sent.

Thank you for your understanding and support, we are truly grateful.

:Namaste:

Hi LadyK3,

Please excuse the intrusion, however it appears that you may not be reading your private messages.

Private Messages aka "PM's" can be viewed in your UserCP.

We ask that you please use our Photo Gallery to upload and post your photos.

If you need help with the gallery, please check out our Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos.

Questions and/or comments regarding this policy can be addressed by replying to one of the PM's I sent.

Thank you for your understanding and support, we are truly grateful.

:Namaste:
I read it, this was posted before you emailed. actually deleting this thread. thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom