1st Grow Feminized White Widow In Tent In Garage In A Really Hot Place

rocks911

What strain is it? White Widow
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Indica 60% Sativa 40%
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? 24th day Flowering
If in Veg... For how long? 5-ish weeks
If in Flower stage... For how long? 24 days
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor (in 4x2x5 tent in garage)
Soil or Hydro? Soil (Fox Farm)
If soil... what is in your mix? FF Ocean Forest/Perlite
If soil... What size pot? 3 Gal fabric pots
Size of light? Phlizon 1200 watt (actual 241 watts)
Is it aircooled? Yep
Temp of Room/cab? 74F - 84F
RH of Room/cab? 50-60% But it varies according to the weather
PH of media or res? Good question
Any Pests ? None so far
How often are you watering? Too often probably
Type and strength of ferts used? GH Micro/Bloom/Grow as recommended on bottle

Greetings all, I recently retired and needed a hobby. I found some seeds in a bag and my journey began. I germinated a bunch of random seeds, all germinated successfully. I had multiple seeds in some pots and in the end had 8 plants I think. Very shortly after starting those I purchased some White Widow seeds and got them started. My germination experience with the WW was kinda crappy, I lost half of 10. I was too inexperienced to germinate reliably. I'm much better now.

Im glad I purchased a bunch of WW so the learning curve didnt put me out of business. While the no-name X seeds were distributed amongst terra cotta pots of various sizes I planted the WW in 3 Gallon cloth pots filled with FF Ocean Forest mixed with perlite at 5:1 more or less.

So I was off to the races!

I began a regimen of feeding General Hydroponics Floranova Grow with the young plants. As these were small plants sitting in huge containers I worried about over-watering and so I began to use a turkey baster. I have to admit that 3 weeks into flower now I still use a turkey baster.

I dont follow the rules of runoff or really probably any other watering rule. I do allow for dry periods but because I dont use much water to begin with they dont take long to dry out. I know its crazy but its the method that I came by naturally (with zero research) and it seems to work fine.

After 5 weeks of veg I imposed a 24 hour dark period followed by 12/12 light and nutes in PH adjusted water with 15cc GH Flower and 60ml Kelp. I fed them twice within four days and by the week there was no doubt they had changed to flower.

My research didnt keep up with the pace of the plants. GH produces 3 basic nutes in the line I was using but I didnt realize early on and so I wasnt using GH FloraMicro in veg. It wasnt until my 3rd feeding in Flower that I included GH Micro. I also introduced CalMag.

This was 12 days ago which was 12 days into Flower.

My feeding schedule has been:

4/30 WW sprouted, potted 5/1
5/19 topped
GH Grow for veg duration

6/10 Started prep for change to flower with 24 hour dark
6/13 started feeding GH Bloom in PH adjusted distilled water.

1st mix: 15cc Bloom, 60 cc Kelp x2 feedings on 2 different days to finish gallon jug
2nd: 15cc Bloom, 30cc Kelp, 5cc CalMag, 1 tsp Molasses
2nd half of 2nd I added 5cc Micro, 5cc Grow
Next day PH adjusted water with 5cc Fish emulsion (1 1/2c per plant)
Added GH Micro (supposed to have been feeding all along but didn’t know)

3rd: 15cc Bloom, 10cc Micro, 4cc CalMag, 1 tsp Molasses (started giving 2c at this feeding, the plants are hungry and thirsty) (Prior to this the most I would give any plant was 1 ½ c water/nutes)

64th day from being potted 22 from start of flowering.
4th (7-6-19) 15cc Bloom, 10cc Micro, 4cc CalMag

Ill post another pic in the not too distant future.

Nice synopsis! I used a turkey baster for quite some time.

The rule on watering is whatever you make the rule right? Looks like you got this hobby down, glad you are here to share it with us! Cheers mate, gl to your finish! :yahoo:

I was buying distilled water but yesterday I received a ZeroWater pitcher. It removes virtually everything. The end product is zero PPM and 7.0 Ph. luckily I dont have a lot to water but what I do have will now receive ZeroWater. Im not pimping this product, just really impressed. It was a simple answer to a pain in my @$$.

Probably, eventually, maybe. Im making this up as I go.
I still have weeks left of flower and dont want to be too aggressive but even with what I did thin out I could much better see (and so could the light) some underdeveloped buds that needed light desperately.

Heres one of the better buds of WW at flower day 25:

I just received a bag of Wallace Organic Wonder Soluble Ds-80 Humic/Fulvic Acid. Is this something I should use? The plants are over two months old grown in FF soil and besides GH Grow/Micro/Bloom CalMag and Kelp I havent added anything else to the mix. Im not trying to solve any perceived problem, the girls are doing fine, but if I can bump the yield a bit without a downside it seems like something I would want to add to the mix. Is there a significant downside?

Opinions?

I just received a bag of Wallace Organic Wonder Soluble Ds-80 Humic/Fulvic Acid. Is this something I should use? The plants are over two months old grown in FF soil and besides GH Grow/Micro/Bloom CalMag and Kelp I havent added anything else to the mix. Im not trying to solve any perceived problem, the girls are doing fine, but if I can bump the yield a bit without a downside it seems like something I would want to add to the mix. Is there a significant downside?

. Girls are looking great ! The acids are already in my nutrients,so you might check yours to !
@InTheShed can tell you about it .

Unknown strain 35th day of flower:

White Widow 35th day:

Should have provided something in the pic for perspective. Ill do better next time. Or maybe I wont, theres a good chance Ill forget again.

Unknown strain 35th day of flower:

White Widow 35th day:

Should have provided something in the pic for perspective. Ill do better next time. Or maybe I wont, theres a good chance Ill forget again.
Wow! You have to be happy with those bag seed ladies. Those frosty leaves are beautiful. Not to downplay the white widows, because they are beautiful too. But that’s basically free weed, man. Great job, my friend. I do find myself worrying about your impending vacation, though. Assure me that everything will be okay while you are away.;)

I think they'll ride.
The whole tent is automated and the Blumat watering devices are working nicely, they siphon from gallon jugs and two gallon jugs will get me through a week. It will kinda be an early flush. I have to wonder where they'll be at the end of the month. I never thought I'd face this, I had no idea how successful (at least thus far) this hobby would be.

The real question is can my days old Obama Kush and my week old Grand Daddy Purple survive my weeks absence?
I hope so I'd like them to be among my next grow.

Back from vacation and the girls did just fine. One of the bag seed plants had gotten too much water and was looking pretty bad. I cut the water to her for a couple days and shes doing OK now.

My feeding schedule picking up from the 5th feeding in flower:

7-11-19 5th Mix: 15cc Kelp, 15 Micro, 15 Bloom, 5 Grow, 5 CalMag ½ Gallon to all plants
2nd half of mix fed next day the 12th

7-13-19 added ½ tsp of WOW (Wallace Organic Wonder) to 1 Gal of ph balanced 6.5 water. ¾ c to larger plants, ½ cup to smaller

7-14-19 6th Mix: 15 Bloom, 10 Micro, 5 Grow, 25cc Kelp, 10cc Dutch mix
2nd half of mix next day

7-17-19 7th Mix: 15 Bloom, 10 Micro, 5 Grow, 10 Dutch mix, 1 tsp Molasses
I fed 2/3 of the Gallon, 2-3 cups per plant. I used the other third on flowering house plants. They love me for it.

7-18-19 8th Mix: 15 Bloom, 10 Micro, 5 Grow, 10cc Dutch mix, 1 tsp Molasses

7-19 Started watering every plant with Blumat watering devices with 2x1 gallon jugs in anticipation of going on vacation

7-24 Back from vacation the girls look great

7-24-19 9th Mix: 15 Bloom, 10 Micro, 5 Grow, 10 Dutch mix, 1 tsp Molasses
I fed most of the Gallon with 2 ½ c going to the larger thirstier plants and half that going to the smaller plants

7-26-19 10th Mix: 15 Bloom, 10 Micro, 5 Grow, 15 Dutch mix, 1 tsp Molasses
I noticed the bag seed plant at rear right looked yellow and wilted

7-27-19 11th Mix: 15 Bloom, 10 Micro, 5 Grow, 15 Dutch mix, 1 tsp Molasses
The sick plant continues to look about the same. I disconnected the Blumat watering because the pot was pretty wet. The Blumat probably shouldn’t be used unless absolutely necessary because it keeps the soil consistently moist/wet and when feedings are added the soil can get pretty wet. There is no distinct wet and dry cycle while using Blumats and I think the plants suffer for it.

7-29-19 Mix: 15 Bloom, 10 Micro, 5 Grow, 15 Dutch mix, 1 tsp Molasses

8-1-19 Mix: 15 Bloom, 10 Micro, 5 Grow, 15 Dutch mix

8-3-19 Mix: 15 Bloom, 10 Micro, 5 Grow, 20 Dutch mix
I had to feed this just before putting the girls to bed. A light feeding, 1 c per plant. This is the 1st time Ive not fed 1st thing when the lights come on. I know its not a good habit to feed or really water at night but I didn’t have a choice with visitors in my crib.

This is the 51st day of flower, I cut back the light time by one hour. So now the girls get 11 hours of light.

The nutes are General Hydroponics Floranova (Bloom, Micro, Grow) and Orga Grow Holland organic nutes part 3

55th day in flower, White Widow and unknown bag seed. The WW plants have different appearing pistils with one plant being very advanced and others less so. The bag seed plants have a lot fewer pistils at the bud sites and the trichomes appear only cloudy at this point.
So being my first grow I wonder do we harvest plants one at a time-ish in a small grow when they appear ready? Even within the White Widows which have the same born on date they appear different in their readiness for being harvested (as I understand it)
So a couple pics:

This appears a little less ready:

Than this:

As there are arguably more brown pistils in the second picture.
I'm not great a getting the right pic, clearly its an art. Trichomes on all plants, both WW and bag seed appear milky so I think the girls are at the beginning of the end.

Whereas this appears strikingly brown, makes me think its ready. And of course its the worst pic ever!

This might sound insane but I picked up a habit of drying my clothes by standing at the dryer and pulling out the clothes as they dry, with socks being first and jeans being last. Im thinking maybe my 8-9 plant grow should be harvested that way?

I'm glad everyone survived your time away for vacation. They really look great, my friend. I'd go with what Otter is saying above. I'd harvest them one at a time, if necessary, depending on the stage of the trichomes. I'm just regurgitating what I've read from the people that know what they're doing. I certainly have no experience to back that up. What a great first grow, brotherman!

Back
Top Bottom