1st Indoor Grow - 9 Strains - Eek!

GREEN HUGS & LOVIES TO ALL!!!

Gees life is chaotic!!!! But I'm finally getting 420 things winding down...

down...

down...

All is harvested and jarred (and a bunch smoked too! :)). I have most of the room looking pre-420 again, but still have a lot of things to pack away (lights, the mother scrubber, etc.) Now that I can actually move around up there, I can take pics again. I don't have much time left today, but I will be back tomorrow with the beginnings of my reviews of each strain and a bit about things I learned along my journey.

For today, I'm just gonna put in one pic of much of my jarred rewards. I am still trying to organize and have been storing jars in different places, so this is only a portion of the harvests... but since there are many gallon jars all the way down to pint size... well, Granny thinks you will see I am one HAPPY GRANNY!!!! :slide::yahoo:

Dried-About2thirdsOfAll.jpg

SEE YOU TOMORROW WITH MORE!!!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Too Awesome!

Can't wait to hear about your reviews!

Thanks Granny!

Sf.

PS. Hope your back is feeling better!!

:hug::hug::hug:SF!!!:hug::hug::hug:

So wonderful to see you again!!! How ya been, hon??? Thanks so much for continuing to hang in here on this long-time-to-finish journal!!! Sure am glad they didn't put a time frame on my journaling - cuz I'm awful slow!!!

Musta got stoned and missed it along the way, eh? :)

I can see OMM completed TWO journals before I have even finished one!!! EEK!!!

((((((( Hey My Girl! ))))))):cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Glad its slowly finishing for you:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:

The main thing I noticed was you didn't say anything about Pain!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

:hug::hug::hug:OMM!!!:hug::hug::hug:

Hey you sweet thing!!! I can sure see you have been a busy boy in yer grows! I just can't wait to be able to just sit back and READ/RESPOND to other's journals someday!!

Nope, didn't say a thing about pain... as I'm sure you feel often too, it's just a part of daily life. It's ok - I gots me some real great medicine!!!:yahoo:

OK.. time to begin the ending updates. About time, eh????

Be right back with FINGER HASH results!

:kiss::kiss::kiss:LOVIES TO ALL!!!:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Finger Hash Learning and Results

Had been a number of decades since I smoked hash... I'm gonna try some bubble hash in the future, but for today I'll report on my inexperienced attempt at creating finger hash.

Here are the results that I haven't smoked or given away...
Dried-FingerHash.jpg

You can see I sorted it into two piles. This is because it was a learning experience.
  1. loose finger hash
  2. finger hash balls
I really looked forward to creating my own finger hash - the purest hash. I read in 420magazine on how your fingers will get sticky with resin and you then rub/roll your finger together to create this pure finger hash.

In the beginning of harvesting, I rolled the sticky substance off my fingers onto a small plate. This created the loose hash. Here are a couple much closer pics showing exactly what this created...
Dried-BeginningLooseFingerHash.jpg

You can see leaf and hair in the mix, but not mixed in.

The highly zoomed image below shows the small elongated resin and resin balls that are also created when you rub your fingers together just long enough to get the sticky stuff off your fingers...
Dried-BeginningLooseFingerHashClose.jpg

Then I learned to:

1. Remove whatever leafy parts I could see before rubbing fingers or cleaning scissors (which also became very saturated with resin).
  2. To take the smaller loose elongated resin balls and loose particles from the plate and continue to roll them together until they formed small finger hash "balls"
The results were nicely shaped finger hash resin balls.
Dried-FingerHashBalls.jpg

They still contain some of the loose particles, but form nice resin balls...
Dried-FingerHashBallClose2.jpg

Dried-FingerHashBallClose.jpg

To smoke it:

First I Prepare:

1. POTTY BREAK (so I don't pee my pants when I choke!) :phew:
  2. Insert cough drop and get a few sucks in before beginning!
Now I'm ready to take a small bit off the chunk and break it into real small pieces, adding it on top of an already filled bowl.

First hit... hold... .... .... UH OH! choke... cough... spit & sputter... (suck that cough drop!!!)

SIT DOWN.
Get over head rush...
so I can get that next hit ASAP cuz it just keeps cookin' in the bowl and we don't want to waste it!!! hold... .... UH OH!!! choke... cough... spit & sputter...

Get over head rush...
Next hit... hold... .... UH OH!!! choke... (suck that cough drop!)... cough... spit & sputter... OH NO!!! I shouldda been on the potty!!! :bigblush: LOL!!!!!

You get the pic!!! LOL My lungs (and bladder!) are not what they used to be, so I don't partake in this real often. And no, I don't necessarily pee my pants (learned to potty first after the first finger hash smokin' and a change of cloths! LOL) - but I sure do choke on this!!!

LAST FINGER HASH NOTES (STRAIN RELATED):
In harvesting the many strains I had, I learned I could tell a lot about the strain simply by how sticky I got and how much finger hash was produced when I cleaned the different strains. The stickier/more produced, the heavier resin production of the strain.

Here is how I rate the strains I grew in this area (resin production):

1. Medijuana and Blueberry
  2. White Widow, Super Nova Chronic, G13 Haze, AK-47, Thai Tanic
  3. Cheese, LD
Even tho some are rated lower, ALL of these strains were extremely resinous. Some definitely stood out above the rest tho (Top 6).

That ends my finger hash report! Hey - I'm getting ending reports begun! FINALLY!!! But there is so much... it will still be a bit before this long-winded granny is done!

Now THAT is a nice set o' jars! :adore:

Good to see you Granny!

:hug::hug::hug:OBX!!!:hug::hug::hug: Hi honey!!! Even better to see YOU!!! Wish I could:passitleft: share with ya...

ahh... but if I know OBX, I KNOW YOU GOT SOMETHIN' GREAT TO SMOKE too... so let's light up and keep the home fires burnin'!!!

:kiss::kiss::kiss:

:hug::hug::hug:OBX!!!:hug::hug::hug: Hi honey!!! Even better to see YOU!!! Wish I could:passitleft: share with ya...

ahh... but if I know OBX, I KNOW YOU GOT SOMETHIN' GREAT TO SMOKE too... so let's light up and keep the home fires burnin'!!!

:kiss::kiss::kiss:

You know it Granny! :passitleft:

Got 10oz of some skywalker from my last grow - a friend gave me a Mom, so I got to learn all about cloning! It's nice, but nothing like what you've grown!

We just took clones from our newest moms, and are flowering the moms to see what's good as we speak - blueberry, diesel, white widow, pure power, blue fruit, strawberry cough, and blue widow... I'm so excited to finally have some honest to god real strains!

Thai Tanic Review & Smoke Report

Time to begin reviewing each strain and I'm going to begin with the Thai Tanic.

Strain Info (for purchase of seeds)

Thai-tanic A very compact Sativa variety, classic chocolate Thai smell and taste. The Skunk father dominates only in fast maturation, high yields and general vigour. A heavy crystal producer that is extremely potent with a trippy cerebral high.
Don't panic, this one will only take you up and up and up!
Developed - Thailand, USA, Holland, F-1 hybrid
Sativa/Indica - Mostly Sativa
Appearance - Very resinous, thick heavy buds
Smell/taste - Chocolate Thai, with Skunk undertones
High/strength - Extremely strong, cerebral
Yield per m2 - High
Sowing time - May/June
Outdoor harvest - October/November (Holland)
Flowering period - 9-11 weeks (12 hrs indoor)
Seed Company: The Flying Dutchmen

Bud at day 31 of flower...
Nov11-TT_top.jpg

Thai Tanic 1 Top, Day 64 of flower...
Dec14-TT1_ColaTopDay64Flower.jpg

Thai Tanic 2-4 (a femonized plant) on Day 53 of flower...
Dec14-TT2-4_ColaTopDay53Flower.jpg

Thai Tanic 1: Day 71 Harvest Day after fan leaves removed.
Dec21-TT1_AfterFanLeaves_HarvestDay71.jpg

I harvested ALL Thai Tanic early due to small growths I thought might be female pollen sacs but now wonder cuz I later grew some strains out (even extra long) with these and no seeds ever developed.

Next is a pic of some of the dried Thai Tanic...
Dried-ThaiTanicGroup.jpg

When I jarred my harvests, I had to cut down top buds, but tried to keep at least a couple for dried images. You can see the buds are nice sizes.

Next, I placed a red circle around one of the growths that caused me to harvest early...
Dried-ThaiTanicBud-GrowthOnIt.jpg

I can also see I left a bit more leaf on these than I did some strains. Sometimes I did this cuz they were saturated so far out with trichs, sometimes just cuz I was very pressed for time during some of the harvest.

Then a pic of some smaller buds...
Dried-ThaiTanic-SmallerBuds.jpg

And then a couple closer shots so you can judge the saturation...
Dried-ThaiTanicBud-Close.jpg

Dried-ThaiTanicTrichs.jpg

BUDS: The description for this strain says "thick, heavy" buds. Considering I had other strains to compare to, I disagree. The buds are real nice buds as you can see in the pictures, but are not "heavy" or extra dense (which to me would make "heavy"). The heaviness of the buds was easy to judge by the breaking up of buds, but it is also obvious in the weight of the contents of jars. The Thai Tanic weights per filled jar were in good company with a number of other great strains, but was on the lighter side - not the heavier side. Maybe this would have been a bit different if I had gotten to grow this strain longer (harvested on early side).

TASTE/FLAVOR: I was expecting the flavor of my memories from days gone by - but no. Of all the strains I grew, this one I rate the lowest for flavor (but keep in mind I grew some real strong flavor strains). I had read the Thai Tanic took a long cure time to bring out the flavor, so maybe this will change further down the road. I can't properly describe the flavor. It's not strong. It's there, but it's not what I remember from the past... maybe just a hint of chocolate, but not strong and not sweet... and it's definitely not skunky tasting at all. Nice flavor, but not extremely strong or impressive.

CRYSTAL PRODUCTION: The description "A heavy crystal producer..." is very true as you can see in the above pics. The one thing I noticed in comparing strains is that the trichs were skinnier on this strain (and the Blueberry). A ton of them, but skinnier. Nice saturation tho, as you can see above.

THE HIGH: OH MY - OH MY!!! The description "...extremely potent with a trippy cerebral high." And "Don't panic, this one will only take you up and up and up!" EXACT ON!!! This mainly sativa strain is a heart racing, trippy, cerebral buzz that makes ya go in circles cuz yer thoughts are buzzing this way and that. It creeps up on ya and keeps hitting - just when ya think ya didn't catch a buzz at all, your mind and heart start working double time and up up up you go. And if you had partaken a bit heavy before waiting... well - don't panic. It's a long-lasting buzz, but you will mellow back out a bit. Not for the light-hearted. I could see this strain producing panic attacks in some when the cerebral effects kick in. This one takes top place for a cerebral buzz.

Overall... I am extremely pleased with the Thai Tanic. I wish I hadn't harvested these so early due to the fear of the growths they had causing seeds through all of my ladies - would love to see how much they thickened up if they'd been allowed to flower longer. However, the plants grew real nice buds with excellent trich production. I prefer a couch-lock body buzz most of the time, but this one I grew with hopes for a strong cerebral effect for those times when I want a change up - it sure didn't disappoint me! Want to go up up UP UP UP UP??? This is definitely the one for you then!

My first of nine strain reviews done! YES!!!! PROGRESS!!!

:hug::hug::hug:Granny Hugs To ALL!!!:hug::hug::hug:

You know it Granny! :passitleft:

Got 10oz of some skywalker from my last grow - a friend gave me a Mom, so I got to learn all about cloning! It's nice, but nothing like what you've grown!

We just took clones from our newest moms, and are flowering the moms to see what's good as we speak - blueberry, diesel, white widow, pure power, blue fruit, strawberry cough, and blue widow... I'm so excited to finally have some honest to god real strains!

:hug::hug::hug:OBX:hug::hug::hug: You are gonna be a BUSY FELLA and some SUPER GREAT strains ya got started there!!! WOW!!! I'm gonna git my popcorn ready for the show! :popcorn: It will sure FEEL GOOD to just get to watch and not have to do the work! LOL :cheer:

nice bud granny u cann also make temple hash while the plant is in bloom need about 1ft of branch pull most fan leaves an smaller leaf like when triming but leave some for moistuer rub between hands the then collect thumb there was a great tut online lookin at your bud im sure that hash was great just sayin i being u got some thia i think u sould look into makin some thia stick great job adopt me lol thumbs up

Lemongrass Essential Oil: Pest & Odor Control Help

During my grow I had to battle with gnats and odor control. One of the best things I used, lemongrass essential oil, worked to help with control of both problems.

While growing herbs and flowers in the past, I had to battle aphids which infested my outdoor plants. I diluted lemongrass EO in water and sprayed my herbs between every rain to rid them of the aphids. It worked and didn't harm my plants in any way. I can't remember the dilution recipe, but if anyone is ever battling pests, this may be a good natural remedy to try.

I didn't even remember this as a possible solution for my gnat problem until it was working in a bit of a different way!

GNATS: During this grow, I battled gnats early on (do NOT buy organic or cheap soil - go to a plant nursery and buy the soil THEY USE). I tried a number of things and finally got some control with using water I had soaked mesquito dunk in. I added 1/6th of a single mesquito dunk per gallon of water and allowed it to soak for 24 hours. Then I added 4 cups of this solution per gallon jug of water to water plants. Remove the small dunk to reuse in another gallon of treatment solution. I reused them for a month before using fresh dunk again. This worked wonders on controlling the gnat population.

I used this mixture once every 1 to 2 weeks for some time during my grow. It kept CONTROL of the gnats, but did not get rid of all of them. When I would try not using this mixture, the gnats would increase.

It wasn't until I began to use lemongrass essential oil to aid my odor control that the gnat problem seemed to disappear to almost none and I no longer had to use this mesquito dunk mixture for gnats. That was when it dawned on me that the lemongrass EO should have been among the things I tried for natural gnat control in the beginning!

ODOR: During this grow I made some DIY buckets I had seen that were to have ONA (Odor Neutralizing Agent) diluted in it to help control odor (see my early journal entries for pics of this DIY project). The problem: the expense of the ONA along with the fragrance just didn't sit well with me.

My solution was to start the buckets fresh with just water and Lemongrass EO to see if it helped control the odor. Lemongrass EO has natural odor neutralizing effects and is often used to disinfect and deoderize.

Keep in mind this was to HELP in controlling odor - not the main method. I had the mother of carbon scrubbers (4 foot tall) going at all times. However, with the size of my grow and the strong smelling strains I grew, it was not enough. The smell was out of control when the grow was at it's largest in numbers. Thus, why I was trying other methods to help control it.

Anyway... the lemongrass EO definitely helped to neutralize the odor. I had to add more to the buckets on a regular basis (added 20 to 30 drops per bucket every to every-other day cuz it didn't stay strong long), creating a thicker level of EO on the top of the water with each addition.

It didn't take me long to notice the dead gnats floating in the top of the solution in the buckets. Before long, I didn't notice gnats very often (except dead in the buckets) and I stopped using the mesquito dunk mixture. I had to occasionally change the solution (clean buckets and start fresh) when the gnats accumulated in the buckets (and rotted).

I NEVER sprayed the plants with a dilution of lemongrass EO and water as I had my outdoor herbs in the past, but if I had it to do over this would be something natural I tried before anything else. I controlled those gnasty gnats and some of the odor just by sitting buckets around that have water in the bottom, a little (5 to 30 drops) lemongrass EO added to the top, and a fan blowing downward onto the top of the solution. Some of the buckets I sat around were just ice cream containers with a small fan blowing into it - so you don't have to spend much to try this solution. Others were 5 gal buckets with holes drilled into the sides and a fan faced down into the bucket.

Hope this can help others. :)

nice bud granny u cann also make temple hash while the plant is in bloom need about 1ft of branch pull most fan leaves an smaller leaf like when triming but leave some for moistuer rub between hands the then collect thumb there was a great tut online lookin at your bud im sure that hash was great just sayin i being u got some thia i think u sould look into makin some thia stick great job adopt me lol thumbs up

:welcome: and :thanks: holysmokey - you are officially adopted. Thai stick is what I remember from past days, but the skinny lil buds on it were NOTHING compared to the nice big buds of this now-a-day Thai Tanic. I can't remember much else about the Thai stick from days gone past except it was ass kickin' head buzz then too!

nice tip on the lemongrass ima try that ive used cayanne hot suace n water b4 a neem plant would be worth the cost to yea about the soil ive gotten soil that still has some kind of seed that sprout up after a will the coolest was whem some srhooms popped up next a plant on an indoor oranic soil even tho it was suppose to be steralized but but wouldent that kill a the oranic nutes a lil thing i did to was chew some sea weed an spit it in a bottel wit water sprayed n feed they loved it never work out a recipe but sprinkle wont hurt i think ps i was jus for me so i aint mind the spit n they needed trace micro nutes cus the soil was no good i tryed n brew some sea weed tea but smelled so bad but only in the jar but it def worked cus the plant was onlt 4 inchs but the roots where a good foot long nice roots i read some where that sea weed is almost like plasma as far as newts can be compared to human blood or has every minieral we need in our body

Had been a number of decades since I smoked hash... I'm gonna try some bubble hash in the future, but for today I'll report on my inexperienced attempt at creating finger hash.

Here are the results that I haven't smoked or given away...
Dried-FingerHash.jpg

You can see I sorted it into two piles. This is because it was a learning experience.
  1. loose finger hash
  2. finger hash balls
I really looked forward to creating my own finger hash - the purest hash. I read in 420magazine on how your fingers will get sticky with resin and you then rub/roll your finger together to create this pure finger hash.

In the beginning of harvesting, I rolled the sticky substance off my fingers onto a small plate. This created the loose hash. Here are a couple much closer pics showing exactly what this created...
Dried-BeginningLooseFingerHash.jpg

You can see leaf and hair in the mix, but not mixed in.

The highly zoomed image below shows the small elongated resin and resin balls that are also created when you rub your fingers together just long enough to get the sticky stuff off your fingers...
Dried-BeginningLooseFingerHashClose.jpg

Then I learned to:

1. Remove whatever leafy parts I could see before rubbing fingers or cleaning scissors (which also became very saturated with resin).
  2. To take the smaller loose elongated resin balls and loose particles from the plate and continue to roll them together until they formed small finger hash "balls"
The results were nicely shaped finger hash resin balls.
Dried-FingerHashBalls.jpg

They still contain some of the loose particles, but form nice resin balls...
Dried-FingerHashBallClose2.jpg

Dried-FingerHashBallClose.jpg

To smoke it:

First I Prepare:

1. POTTY BREAK (so I don't pee my pants when I choke!) :phew:
  2. Insert cough drop and get a few sucks in before beginning!
Now I'm ready to take a small bit off the chunk and break it into real small pieces, adding it on top of an already filled bowl.

First hit... hold... .... .... UH OH! choke... cough... spit & sputter... (suck that cough drop!!!)

SIT DOWN.
Get over head rush...
so I can get that next hit ASAP cuz it just keeps cookin' in the bowl and we don't want to waste it!!! hold... .... UH OH!!! choke... cough... spit & sputter...

Get over head rush...
Next hit... hold... .... UH OH!!! choke... (suck that cough drop!)... cough... spit & sputter... OH NO!!! I shouldda been on the potty!!! :bigblush: LOL!!!!!

You get the pic!!! LOL My lungs (and bladder!) are not what they used to be, so I don't partake in this real often. And no, I don't necessarily pee my pants (learned to potty first after the first finger hash smokin' and a change of cloths! LOL) - but I sure do choke on this!!!

LAST FINGER HASH NOTES (STRAIN RELATED):
In harvesting the many strains I had, I learned I could tell a lot about the strain simply by how sticky I got and how much finger hash was produced when I cleaned the different strains. The stickier/more produced, the heavier resin production of the strain.

Here is how I rate the strains I grew in this area (resin production):

1. Medijuana and Blueberry
  2. White Widow, Super Nova Chronic, G13 Haze, AK-47, Thai Tanic
  3. Cheese, LD
Even tho some are rated lower, ALL of these strains were extremely resinous. Some definitely stood out above the rest tho (Top 6).

That ends my finger hash report! Hey - I'm getting ending reports begun! FINALLY!!! But there is so much... it will still be a bit before this long-winded granny is done!

Aiii-chee-wa-wa:thumb:

:yahoo: Granny420! I want to play marbles all of the sudden, for keepers lol.
You had me rolling with your Smoke report. I love you!:kisstwo:
Man what a beautiful site, you must have had quite the time rubbing hash and sticking to everything you touched. Way to go with all the goodies! I can imagine those delicious green hits with a sprinkle of heaven on top:trance::drool:

I just finished the Thai-tanic harvest and smoke report, and sounds terrific..too bad it didn't get to fatten up more but it's an even trade for no seeds IMO.

Fantastic work for your 1st grow, and such a detailed journal. :welldone: my Hero!

Aiii-chee-wa-wa:thumb:

:yahoo: Granny420! I want to play marbles all of the sudden, for keepers lol.
You had me rolling with your Smoke report. I love you!:kisstwo:
Man what a beautiful site, you must have had quite the time rubbing hash and sticking to everything you touched. Way to go with all the goodies! I can imagine those delicious green hits with a sprinkle of heaven on top:trance::drool:

I just finished the Thai-tanic harvest and smoke report, and sounds terrific..too bad it didn't get to fatten up more but it's an even trade for no seeds IMO.

Fantastic work for your 1st grow, and such a detailed journal. :welldone: my Hero!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:SISCO!!!:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

BIG GREEN HUGS to ya honey!!!!

I am so .... SMILING :) at seein' ya! You haven't been catchin' me and OMM out singin' on tour again, have ya??? LOL

I SOOOO LOVE YOU. I see in your signature that you have another outdoor grow started!!! I sure will be glad when I catch up and can visit other's grows again. Business is still booming, but I know July will most likely be a major slow down (make 70% of our income from Jan - June).

Our oldest son got the 20 seeds (not specified as to what strain or strains) I had gotten free from when I bought some of my seeds. He has planted them outside. He confessed (after seein'/lovin' my grow) that he had planted outside before and something, or someone, had always gotten to his plants. This year he has a more private sight to try. I sure hope he has success! Two of my sons would absolutely love to grow their own, but circumstances just don't allow it right now.

Dangit - I best go... I'm in here uploading some pics real quick. I hope to get back in here for a few more smoke reports before the weekend is out.

Gees I've missed you, ya sweet whippersnapper!!! I will see you again real soon!!!!!
:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Hey Granny Girl​

Sorry haven't been by...taking a rest before the next one.:smokin:

:kiss::kiss::kiss::hug::hug::hug:Hey OMM!!!:hug::hug::hug::kiss::kiss::kiss:

No need to be sorry, honey!!! Gees, I haven't gotten to visit anyone for so dang long!!! I think you've completed two journals before I even got one done! EEEEEKKKK!!!!!! But I'm getting the last of the pics done and uploaded (slowly) and might someday get done with this!!

It is SOOO GOOOOOD TO SEE YOU!!!!!

I wanted to get in here last weekend, but ended up watchin' three grandkids from one son... next weekend another son's three... and I am SO LOVIN' bein' able to again cuz those babies weren't rememberin' granny good enough!!! Now they cry when they have to leave - as it should be!!!

How's the Island??? Are the ex's long gone and yer workin' on yer second grow rewards? Got a third going?

Missed ya tons!!! :passitleft:Smoke one with me.... :woohoo:

Just here preparing with more pic uploads for the upcoming smoke reports, but again don't have time to stay... wish I had about a WEEK HERE AND ONLY HERE!!!

LOVIES TO ALL!!!!

Back
Top Bottom