1st Post First Attempt At Growing: Indoor LED Setup In Tent: Comments Welcome!

Nice grow journal!
Plants look nice and healthy
I’m definitely taking notes on the low stress training you did at the start!
Thanks! Really appreciate the feedback :D

Honestly I only did a few days of LST with the Blueberry and once the new growth was coming up alright I defoliated a couple of fan leaves to help get light to them and it seems to have worked great. She’s got plenty of tops showing so hopefully she’s a good yield in the making!

What's up @Herb Dean !
:high-five:

I'm casually late... as usual, lol but... welcome to the mag.
:welcome:
Looks like you're off to an awesome start! I've grown a couple of those Blueberry Bliss auto; FROST MONSTA! One of those plants won POTM earlier this year, and the top cola almost won Nug OTM too. You're in for a treat!
:welldone:

Glad to see the AG show some lady bits. The waiting sucks... lol

I'll hang around and help where I can. If you're not getting the answers you need, feel free to drop questions in any of my journals (links in signature). The growers who hang there are very knowledgeable and always willing to help.

That Blueberry Bunch journal has a few BBBa girls in it.... I think 3-4 of us grew them for that group grow.

Again... welcome! I look forward to watching your grow progress...
:passitleft:

What up @Preston9mm!

Thanks for checking out my grow man appreciate it!

Got me hyped about the BBB now too haha :yummy:

I’m going to have to get creative as they grow due to the size differences lol. Also, the AG flowers in 10-11 weeks and BBB is 8. Original plan was to dry in the tent but I’ll figure something out when it comes time.

I’m definitely going to check out the blueberry journal!

Hey beautiful people!

Harder to see the changes in the girls day to day at the moment but they seem happy so that’s the main thing.

The Acapulco is stretching it’s tits off haha I’m a little concerned as it hasn’t even been a full week since I flipped the lights.
From what I understand she’ll probably continue stretching for another few weeks before she starts stacking.

I’ll have to put something under the Blueberry auto to lift her up and get an even canopy going :hmmmm:

Anyway took a few update snaps. Can’t wait to start seeing some buds and frost! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Acapulco Gold, ahhhhh memories.... Barneys do a,great Version.
Thought Id better pop past. Acapulco is a Monster.... Be aware... Had them go super large. Lovely buds worth all the pain.
My mates,used to call it Mango buds....personally I dont taste that but hey.... Stoners... Hehe.

Nice growing mate!

@Lowrider72 thanks legend appreciate you taking a look!
I d have the feeling the height of my Acapulco is going to be my biggest issue going forward lol.
Any suggestions? Don’t know many ways of keeping them down other than supercropping her but I don’t like the idea of doing it to be honest

How much height do you have left HD? You might need to snap those suckers and go horizontal! I've had some plants in holding pattern for a while now I've been able to keep them low and slow by supercropping instead of just LSTing. Mash the stem and bend and rebend and rebend and....I've literally been beating the crap out of them for a month, they are like little Hulks all puffed up, green and mad!

@Lowrider72 thanks legend appreciate you taking a look!
I d have the feeling the height of my Acapulco is going to be my biggest issue going forward lol.
Any suggestions? Don’t know many ways of keeping them down other than supercropping her but I don’t like the idea of doing it to be honest
Pinch and bend mate, lay that tall stuff down as he says below...you are going to need,it. Creates the least amount of stress.
Im more worried it isnt fully into flower yet... That means,more stretch.
Control it now,while you can be my advice, Pbass on the money as well.

How much height do you have left HD? You might need to snap those suckers and go horizontal! I've had some plants in holding pattern for a while now I've been able to keep them low and slow by supercropping instead of just LSTing. Mash the stem and bend and rebend and rebend and....I've literally been beating the crap out of them for a month, they are like little Hulks all puffed up, green and mad!
Mash, mash, mash! Hehe....

Haha cheers guys!
I’ve got about 1.5ft of height left to use so I guess I better get mashing!

This will be interesting!

Do you guys happen to know any good threads to reference regarding supercropping techniques?

Thanks heaps! :thumb:

Mate its sooo easy, see where you got that nice even canopy, come up those branches about 2-3 inches, keep pinching stem between thumb and fore finger, not too hard, not too soft, make it a lil pliable, bend a lil, work a lil, bend a lil.
Get her horizontal.
Even if you broke them both, you could still remove them completely, plant would be fine....so dont panick.
Clean hands, slow and steady.
I wouldnt give you the advice if I hadnt done it 100 times....lol
ex Self tourturing Sativa tent grower...

Hey @Lowrider72, sorry if this is a dumb question but do you need to lay the branches in a way so that they’re not laying over each other? I’ve got 8 to do on the Acapulco. Can they just all be laying flat regardless of what they’re on top of?

Also, do you tie them down once you have them flat?

Cheers legend appreciate your knowledge

So I just heavily abused my beautiful girls :thedoubletake:

Haha fairly heavy defoliation on Blueberry which I understand some people are for and against doing on autos but there was a bunch of dead shit in there that had to go. How’s that for a bit sentence? :laugh: I may be a little stoned right now but this is exciting.

Also tried my hand at supercropping. Fingers crossed I didn’t just fuck anything up lmao it’s on me though I have full faith in you guys.

Am I tying them down once they’re supercropped? What’s the deal from here?

Cheers family! :passitleft:

Nice job HD! You'll be surprised at how they are going to want to stand up again. I've had to bend mine back over at that point for 3 or 4 days to get them to stay where I want them. I didn't try tying them down, might have helped. I might be tempted to let them stand up a bit on their own and see where they go before I did but I don't think that would matter. Cheers mate, you're gonna be glad you have that extra space! :headbanger:

Hey @Lowrider72, sorry if this is a dumb question but do you need to lay the branches in a way so that they’re not laying over each other? I’ve got 8 to do on the Acapulco. Can they just all be laying flat regardless of what they’re on top of?

Also, do you tie them down once you have them flat?

Cheers legend appreciate your knowledge
I just had a look at your pics and as Pbass says, it looks shite now but it will come good. You may have to bend them again for a few days, after a knuckle starts to form you will be fine, no need to tie down then.
The plants are looking good.
Tell you the truth was looking at taking out lowers on flower tent plants, bit bushy. Lol
See, you did it, by yourself and is anything dead? Get good advice like from Pbass and others here and you will kill it....the growing... Not the plants... Hahaha

What happens from here @Pbass?
What’s the goal of supercropping? I understand it stresses the plant and pushes it to grow stronger but Don’t know how it helps maintain height and stuff. Do they not stand back up again?
Is supercropping what I call pinch and bend? It is almost the same as if you topped the plants, the lower buds become more developed while keeping the good budsites and not cutting them off, affecting yield and creating more stress.
They will try and stand back up for awhile, bend them to your will.... Hehe.
Pbass , sorry to butt in. I missed this question before, my bad.

They will want to stand up on their own. The only thing I'm seeing that could be a logistics issue now is your bends mostly went inwards so it's gonna bunch up in the middle. Are they starting to turn up yet?

Hey family!
Sorry, over in Australia here so I just woke up.

Just quickly before I do a full update, I have one of the stems looking like it’s split and I’ve read that you just use duct tape to wrap them up if that happens. Is that right?

Cheers people!

Back
Top Bottom