1st Time Grow White Widow & Seedmakers Autoblue

when i start my seeds or clones i put them in a small pot about the size of a cup, then when they are 3 inches high i transplant into 3 gallon pots for the rest of the grow, the reason we dont start plants off in these 3gallon pots is because its a whole lot harder to keep track on watering, the chance of having something rotting in the bottom of the pot is high, as the plant will only be young so the roots will not be that deep, so the rest of the pot would be holding all the moisture, this could also rot the roots of the plants, its harder to manage the moisture in the soil if you have a new plant in a big pot, so i always start them in small pots then transplant,

i never have transplant shock either, the best way to transplant is to let the soil dry out, dont water it for a few days then transplant when its dry, then all you need to do is tip the pot upside down into the palm of your other hand with the stem if the plant between 2 fingers, then tap the bottom of the pot and give the sides a gentle squeeze, the plant and soil will then fall out in one lump, this stops any shock as your not breaking the roots up, if the soil was moist when you did this then it would all fall apart in your hand and cause lots of shock to the plant, so by letting it dry out it stays in one lump and is very easy to transplant.

starting seeds in big pots makes it difficult to get the watering right, you wont know if it needs watering as the soil will be moist all the way through so this can make people over water as it can take a couple of weeks for the pot to dry out with just a seed in it, but with a small pot it dries out in a couple of days and this is what the plant and the roots want, the roots need oxygen, so having the soil to wet will stunt growth and cause root rot, you need to let the soil dry out between watering, doing this in a big pot is hard when its just a seedling,

with my autos i start them in a seedling tray then transplant them into 1,5gallon square pots, these dont hold that much soil so dont suffer with moisture with a young plant

For some reason i couldnt upload these pics to 420-mag it wasnt giving me errors but here we go.
I had 2 other pics but when i uploaded them to my computer they were blank lol.

soysawce.jpg

i weighed this piece and it weighed 21 grams.

looks nice mate

the pot size im unsure of, i know the autos ive grown did not get that big so the 1 g pot would be ok, but if its going to get big then id go with the 5 gallon, i dont use 5 gallon pots on any of my plants, my big plants are in 3 gallon pots and they dont get root bound in that

hi mate, yes it does happen, it happens to me, the buds get really dry and the stems are still soft, the problem is if you put this in jar it will get all moist again as the stem is full of moisture, this is why i try and remove as much stem as possible, another thing i have tried is cutting a slit along the length of the stem.

you want the buds dry to the touch, so the outside of the bud needs to feel dry, then give it a squeeze and it should squash and slowly come back out, when your at this stage your ready to put it in jars, once its in the jar you will need to keep opening the jar and leave it open 2 or 3 times a day for the first few days, this will stop bud rot, just keep checking the buds and make sure their not getting to moist, if they are take them out the jar as the need more drying time, keep doing this till you get to a point where you are just taking the lid off for 5 min to let the air out and moisture out then put the lid back on.

it takes a while to get right, but i found if i let the buds hang till the stem snapped then the buds where way to dry to be cured, so let them hang till the outside of the bud is dry to the touch, the inside will still be moist, so let the outside feel dry then i give it a day or 2 more of hanging just to get more moisture out then it goes into jars, i put the lid on then a couple of hours later i take the lid off and check the buds, they should feel moist again now so leave the lid off to let the moisture out, also make sure you mix the buds up to stop them resting on each other and rotting,

if it feels dry on the outside then it should be ok, but usually i leave mine over a week to hang before going in jars but it is pretty cold here,

put it in a jar if you like and make sure the lid is tight, then give it 2 hours then open the jar and check the bud, you might find it turns really moist so if it does this then leave the lid off the jar for an hour or so to let the moisture out, it dont take long to have mold forming so be careful if you leave the lid on over night, as long as you keep checking the bud you should be ok, then after a couple of days you should be able to leave the lid on. how ever i do still check mine and make sure its not getting moist, the dry part of the bud will draw the moisture out of the stem and inner part of the bud, so see how it feels after its been in the jar for an hour or 2.

people do put it in jars to early and do lose bud to mold, so its hard to say when its ready to go in jars, it all depends on temps and humidity etc, so give it a try and check it in an hour or 2 and see how moist it is, then you will have some idea if its ready to go in jars or not

Back
Top Bottom