2 Unknown Strains

biggest one is a bit hungry by the looks.
what are you feeding ?
Yeah, I just added more a day or 2 ago). I feed them all mega grow. I always try to start w/ a little LESS than they recommend. I was a little distracted when I made the first batch (thanks to my 5 yr old:)) & didn’t add enough. She should start looking better soon!

Yeah, I just added more a day or 2 ago). I feed them all mega grow. I always try to start w/ a little LESS than they recommend. I was a little distracted when I made the first batch (thanks to my 5 yr old:)) & didn’t add enough. She should start looking better soon!

if you're running MC stick to the online feed schedule. it's one of the few you can trust to feed full strength. your largest is asking for a bump. if you're in coco you may not be feeding often enough.

What’s in coco? Sorry. This is only my 3rd grow

it's a grow media. if you don't know what it is then you aren't using it ... :p

read this on how to feed / water a potted plant ..

the gal who put it together is pretty well known. it's a good guide.

Good morning love! Yep, I agree. Now, where to cut?! You think I need to snip it at the top (black) line on the pic or the bottom one?

76DE3DE3-CA3A-4D6D-A3C3-F7A627B83059.jpeg
Go with the top black line .
If your top dressing your coco with MC. then watering are you setting the ph to 5.8 and watering every day?

Stay safe
Bill

top between the fourth and fifth node. the plant reaches sexual maturity by node 5. you can flip anytime past node 4.

i'd get it stable first.
Agreed between 4-5 and make sure to leave a good nub so it has some reinforcement to help it from splitting later on.

Hey Reci,

Wow things are looking great on your new crew!!! Just want to clear up one salient point…. there’s a huge difference between MG (miracle grow) and MC (mega crop)

You said mega grow - perhaps typo or brain fart…. but can you clarify??

It’s so great to see you Missy!!!
Think I was smoking at the time:bongrip: LOL! It’s Mega CROP! Thanks for pointing that out, love! Don’t want ppl to think I’m TOO crazy! LOL

Next question…when is it too late to transfer your girls from one home (pot) to another, bigger one? This girl is growing nicely but what happens if the pot isn’t big enough? Even with the other girl (2nd pic), the roots are coming out the bottom, into water

Good morning recicup hope your well ...the top looks great even has a little nub to keep from splitting:high-five:....and for up-potting I would do it sooner than later if the roots are already out of the bottom and sitting in water....that could cause an array of issues. But all around they look great.

Next question…when is it too late to transfer your girls from one home (pot) to another, bigger one? This girl is growing nicely but what happens if the pot isn’t big enough? Even with the other girl (2nd pic), the roots are coming out the bottom, into water
If she has filled the pot she is in , then it's time for a bigger home " pot/bag ;) "
But if she hasn't filled it I would leave her.
Tap root shoots right to the bottom.
Doesn't mean lateral roots have filled the pot.
How long does it take her to drain the pot after watering?

Stay safe
Bill

If she has filled the pot she is in , then it's time for a bigger home " pot/bag ;) "
But if she hasn't filled it I would leave her.
Tap root shoots right to the bottom.
Doesn't mean lateral roots have filled the pot.
How long does it take her to drain the pot after watering?

Stay safe
Bill
Not long. Maybe 2 days?? Don’t quote me tho. Tbh, I’m scared of messing her up if I move her :nervous-guy: Here they are today. First set of 3 is the one I recently topped. 2nd set of 3 is almost top ready :cheesygrinsmiley:

257C7385-46D3-44B8-A0BA-4401B1C6A3B6.jpeg

4E18C4C0-8480-42E1-B267-91C1751A4D18.jpeg

02B683BB-9D63-4B82-B1EC-C56DA5D88076.jpeg

2B0AE399-FE2E-48FD-BB26-5AB94E4C67FC.jpeg

59FCF685-C576-41E2-BD57-5DFBA224DDD1.jpeg

F96E9F78-60C1-44D1-BE3E-96AEA385FCF2.jpeg

Not long. Maybe 2 days?? Don’t quote me tho. Tbh, I’m scared of messing her up if I move her :nervous-guy: Here they are today. First set of 3 is the one I recently topped. 2nd set of 3 is almost top ready :cheesygrinsmiley:

257C7385-46D3-44B8-A0BA-4401B1C6A3B6.jpeg

4E18C4C0-8480-42E1-B267-91C1751A4D18.jpeg

02B683BB-9D63-4B82-B1EC-C56DA5D88076.jpeg

2B0AE399-FE2E-48FD-BB26-5AB94E4C67FC.jpeg

59FCF685-C576-41E2-BD57-5DFBA224DDD1.jpeg

F96E9F78-60C1-44D1-BE3E-96AEA385FCF2.jpeg
That's coco right?
Sorry I can't remember.
Soak the medium in the pot.
Squeeze the sides in while rolling it in your hands.
Breaks the seal on the sides.
Being wet helps hold her together.
Then tilt to the side and slip her out.
Prep the new pots ahead of time.
And Fill them to the top.
in my Gorilla Glue clone thread I explain potting and uppotting if you haven't seen it .
But I don't think those pots are full of roots yet. :Namaste:
Make sure you have a good rootball before uppotting.

Stay safe
Bill

Sorry I missed you but Hazmat & Bill have got you covered!!

Totally agree with Bill - don’t think shes ready to upcan yet. You want her rootbound as ever so it doesn’t fall apart when you slip the old container off. She’s still got plenty of room in that container for now and needs to grow bigger before you do any more changes. I would hold off on any more topping for now too, every topping will slow the plant down but she (or they) just needs training from here on out.

everything is looking fantastic over here Reci!!

kinda looks like it's got more room to go but you can up pot if you want. go big and leave it never hurt if you keep with the feeding.

That's coco right?
Sorry I can't remember.
Soak the medium in the pot.
Squeeze the sides in while rolling it in your hands.
Breaks the seal on the sides.
Being wet helps hold her together.
Then tilt to the side and slip her out.
Prep the new pots ahead of time.
And Fill them to the top.
in my Gorilla Glue clone thread I explain potting and uppotting if you haven't seen it .
But I don't think those pots are full of roots yet. :Namaste:
Make sure you have a good rootball before uppotting.

Stay safe
Bill
The roots in the bottom are flat & round - taking the shape of the pot, itself.

Sorry I missed you but Hazmat & Bill have got you covered!!

Totally agree with Bill - don’t think shes ready to upcan yet. You want her rootbound as ever so it doesn’t fall apart when you slip the old container off. She’s still got plenty of room in that container for now and needs to grow bigger before you do any more changes. I would hold off on any more topping for now too, every topping will slow the plant down but she (or they) just needs training from here on out.

everything is looking fantastic over here Reci!!
Thanks love!!! You ALL are the best coaches! If we lived near each other…I’d smoke a j with you! :bongrip:

The roots in the bottom are flat & round - taking the shape of the pot, itself.
They will eventually encircle the pot.
Filling it with roots.
That's what is referred to as a root ball.
A good root ball before uppotting is a necessity imo.
Then when you uppot the ball explodes filling the new pot.
Keep those roots happy.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom