20 days soil is still wet

No its not an auto hes just tryna compare apples n oranges again lol
by the way, look what i found: Overwatering

it was recommend to me to water until runoff, when CLEARLY the pots are big and the plants are small... sure, i coud've done more reserch, but there is plenty of conflicting information such as: water little, water until runoff

final pot for autos, or up pot? etc etc. so i just asked on the forum instead.

btw, in the post: "all the fan does is help the leaves throw off more moisture so that the roots can pull that water out of the soil. The moving air will not significantly change the evaporation rate of the top of your soil... not enough to solve the problem anyway."

Moisture meters are a joke!
There are watering techniques for planting in final pot. You start with small amounts of water until the root have gotten established. If you over water n keep over watering you will get root rot n have multiple issues.
Also, a lot of auto growers start in solo cups or half gallon containers then transplant into final containers. There is a huge misconception transplanting is stressful, I suppose it could be out of fabric pots but out of solo cups it's not!
I suspect the combo of environmental issues and over watering has created your problems.
Only other thing I haven't seen brought up yet.....what kind of floor are your pots sitting on? On a warm insulated floor? Cold concrete?

by the way, look what i found: Overwatering

it was recommend to me to water until runoff, when CLEARLY the pots are big and the plants are small... sure, i coud've done more reserch, but there is plenty of conflicting information such as: water little, water until runoff

ive just read it. She said to water 1/3 of the pot size until the plants get bigger. You have misinterpreted everything that was said.

Moisture meters are a joke!
There are watering techniques for planting in final pot. You start with small amounts of water until the root have gotten established. If you over water n keep over watering you will get root rot n have multiple issues.
Also, a lot of auto growers start in solo cups or half gallon containers then transplant into final containers. There is a huge misconception transplanting is stressful, I suppose it could be out of fabric pots but out of solo cups it's not!
I suspect the combo of environmental issues and over watering has created your problems.
Only other thing I haven't seen brought up yet.....what kind of floor are your pots sitting on? On a warm insulated floor? Cold concrete?
they are sitting on marble (3 of them) and one in a wooden closet. the one in the closet is at 25c, the other i don't know, but it's not cold. i'm gonna move them all in the same room now, as i only have one fan....

ive just read it. She said to water 1/3 of the pot size until the plants get bigger. You have misinterpreted everything that was said.
Saturate the pot and then correctly wait till the plants use all the water all the way to the bottom before saturating it again. *****In the meantime****, every 3 days, water with 1/3 of what it would take to saturate the soil, just so you can water the top set of spreader roots that exist in the first 4 inches of the soil. This will keep the top roots going strong and allow you to get fresh water and nutes into the plant, while you wait for the lower roots to do what they need to do.

read carefully, so
i overwatered my plants once
i asked help on the forum, she replied
i used her tips
my plants are still over watered
so i stopped watering complitly

she is not saying that you should always water 1/3, only in my specific case

did you read what i just posted? by the way, look what i found: Overwatering

Well, we all had to weed through the same conflicting information. Can't blame someone if you aren't willing to put in the work yourself.
You only get out of these plants, what you put into them.

People come here for quick and easy answers and want it all spelled out for them. You have to do the time and the research. There is no way around it.
There is also something else. You are the lone caretaker of your plant. You need to decide what is best for her and can't blame anyone if things go wrong, especially if you haven't done your due diligence on the research front. It is stated on this forum over and over how to water young plants. That's what you should be reading when you sprout your seeds.

I looked back and you had a help thread about your environment prior to this one. Have you made the suggested upgrades?

wtf, actually i noticed 3 of them started flowering, but the lights are 18/6, how?? they've been vegging for 3 months, could they be super long veg autos?

wtf, actually i noticed 3 of them started flowering, but the lights are 18/6, how?? they've been vegging for 3 months, could they be super long veg autos?

Stress

Environment, besides lights, is the most important aspect of growing

I've seen People in plain dirt do fantastic, perfect environment

I've seen $1200 of stuff....guys have started with.. killed every seedling

Knowledge is king

When my autos are a less than couple of weeks old I start to water to run off in 3 gallon plastic pots. I completely soak my pots before I plant. I have never went 20 days and had a wet pot. My lights and fans will dry the soil out by itself in a week. Toss the meter in the corner like everyone said. Notice all the fans. 4 in the tent. Environment is everything.

Attachments

• 14EBC3A3-D940-458F-A682-854533D8EDE8.jpeg
    14EBC3A3-D940-458F-A682-854533D8EDE8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
When my autos are a less than couple of weeks old I start to water to run off in 3 gallon plastic pots. I completely soak my pots before I plant. I have never went 20 days and had a wet pot. My lights and fans will dry the soil out by itself in a week. Toss the meter in the corner like everyone said. Notice all the fans. 4 in the tent. Environment is everything.

Hydroholic has a great read in his signature.

The proper way to water a potted plant.

Give that a long hard read, maybe six or seven times......

It will help you aziz
:Namaste:

Hydroholic has a great read in his signature.

The proper way to water a potted plant.

Give that a long hard read, maybe six or seven times......

It will help you aziz
:Namaste:
After reading through this tread all the way from msg #1 up to yours I have to say that I figure aziz is blaming the Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant for everything that is going wrong with his plants in this grow. Plus, he also started a thread titled "Overwatering" in which Emilya tried to help him out by explaining what she felt was going wrong. He mentions that thread up there in msg #103.

Stress

Environment, besides lights, is the most important aspect of growing

I've seen People in plain dirt do fantastic, perfect environment

I've seen $1200 of stuff....guys have started with.. killed every seedling

Knowledge is king
yeah but what now? 18/6? 12/12? is it possible that an auto can veg for 3 months? btw i put a nice medium sized fan in teh tent now, blowing on the soil and the plants.

what about watering, what should i do?

After reading through this tread all the way from msg #1 up to yours I have to say that I figure aziz is blaming the Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant for everything that is going wrong with his plants in this grow. Plus, he also started a thread titled "Overwatering" in which Emilya tried to help him out by explaining what she felt was going wrong. He mentions that thread up there in msg #103.
yeah, and i followed her tips, and it didn't help me, so how is me pointing that out a problem?

Back
Top Bottom