2nd Grow: Auto Flowering Cobras

What strain to grow next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry about the leaking of your roof!! That’s just terrible!!

yes you will want to hook up the fan. The fan doesn’t mask the smell. The carbon air filter masks the smell.

you will want to hook the fan up and create a negative pressure inside the tent. This allows you to have optimal airflow. minimizing the possibility of powder mildew or mold.

The fan says 195 cfm. CFM stands for cubic feet per minute. The way you calculate what size of a fan you need is,
How to Calculate the CFM of a Room
  1. Measure the room's width and length and height.
  2. Multiply the three measurements from step 1 to determine the cubic footage of the room.
  3. Multiply the cubic volume of the room by the number of times you want the air to turn over or exchange in an hour.
  4. Divide your answer from step 3 by 60 to calculate CFM

There are no dumb questions here :cheesygrinsmiley:
so without googling, I assume negative pressure can created be closing extra vents and having the fan pointed out of the tent/away from the plants?

yes You could do that for the early stages of your plants life, but as you get into flowering you will want something a bit better airflow. What’s the size of your tent again? 3x3x6.5? I’m gunna go take a look again..:nomo:
This is the tent that I have-

GreenHouser High Reflective Grow Tent Indoor Grow Room for Planting Fruit Flower Veg ... GreenHouser High Reflective Grow Tent Indoor Grow Room for Planting Fruit Flower Veg with Removable Water-Proof Floor Tray (24''x24''x48'')

1664819002287.png

Your fan has plenty of power to exchange the air in that tent more then enough times necessary. If you don’t want to hook it up, you really don’t have to. Nobody’s holding a gun to your head lol. If you run into problems later down the line, then deal with it then... you’ll be fine! :thumb:

It’s hard to see what’s all going on through pictures rather then seeing in real life.

yes you will want a fan inside blowing on the plants. An oscillating fan is perfect for that, so that plants don’t get directly blown on and can cause wind burn. I don’t have an oscillating fan so it’s do able, but your plants may get tears in them and or Burn.

for the fan extracting air out of the tent for you, should be at the top of the tent... hot air rises. So you want to extract air out from the top of the tent, and have an intake point at the bottom of the tent pulling in fresh air.

is that box sitting on your light mounted? Can it be placed outside the tent? Does it get hot?

Is this set up right? The exhaust fan is pointed out of the tent. But don’t I need a fan to blow on the plants directly?
66283F0F-C85F-48E4-8648-48B7FF50283A.jpeg
B38F3784-DA88-4976-8BEA-1D42C54D5233.jpeg
4D37C904-4F69-4A49-B63F-457B0B851683.jpeg
It’s hard to see what’s all going on through pictures rather then seeing in real life.

yes you will want a fan inside blowing on the plants. An oscillating fan is perfect for that, so that plants don’t get directly blown on and can cause wind burn. I don’t have an oscillating fan so it’s do able, but your plants may get tears in them and or Burn.

for the fan extracting air out of the tent for you, should be at the top of the tent... hot air rises. So you want to extract air out from the top of the tent, and have an intake point at the bottom of the tent pulling in fresh air.

is that box sitting on your light mounted? Can it be placed outside the tent? Does it get hot?
thank you that is helpful! Yes the box is mounted to the light, it is a budget led light and luckily it hasn’t gotten hot yet.

I planted my three seedlings into rapid rooter but that is not what I used before. One of my seeds was poking out of the top this morning so I gently pushed it back down and topped with soil. Do you think it will be ok? The taproot looks good :cheesygrinsmiley:

Your do fine cannabislover 21, be patient.

Its a bit like dog years but reverse your plant moves very slowly to your actions, especially when applying nutrients.

Just feed on bottled water (still) look at the chlorine value on the bottle lowest one you can.
Be cool with that for 14 to 18 days depending on genetics strain .... etc

thank you that is helpful! Yes the box is mounted to the light, it is a budget led light and luckily it hasn’t gotten hot yet.

I planted my three seedlings into rapid rooter but that is not what I used before. One of my seeds was poking out of the top this morning so I gently pushed it back down and topped with soil. Do you think it will be ok? The taproot looks good :cheesygrinsmiley:
It didn’t grow upside down did it? It was just the seed casing that was poking out the medium? When the seed casing is still on when it sprouts, it’s just because the seed wasn’t planted deep enough originally. The friction of the seed on the medium pulls the casing off. If it emerges with the seed still attached. Put a droplet of water on the seed casing long enough for the seed to absorb the moisture and it should pry right off. Be very careful not to damage the seedling when doing it, but it’s 100% safe.

Seed casings are individual, plants are individual, humans are indivdual .... etc
Theres not a right way or a wrong way to germinate a seed as long as you have the right temp, humidity, moisture in the medium and lighting its in the genetics.

The helmet falls off stays on regardless of what ever youre read. "drop a droplet of water on its head" dont drown it just pull the seed covering off very carefully with a pair of tweezers.

It doesnt matter which way up the seed was planted, gravity is in its favour and even if it gets confused when it sees the light it will grow back into the darkness.

Theres not a right way or a wrong way to germinate a seed as long as you have the right temp, humidity, moisture in the medium and lighting its in the genetics.
Yep... your right.

dont drown it
Who said anything about drowning it..? I suggested putting a droplet of water on it till it moistens the seed enough so it’s easier to pry it off with tweezers. :smokin:

It doesnt matter which way up the seed was planted, gravity is in its favour and even if it gets confused when it sees the light it will grow back into the darkness.
Your right... naturally the tap root goes down. What’s the issue here? It was a question. I didn’t fully understand what she meant. There’s a member here that had two seeds in a row that twisted up before going down, and had to pull the plant out to turn it around.

I've never tried your droplet of water, I was presuming after soaking my seeds in a glass of water for 24 hours before i sow wasn't enough to soften up, I would of thought by applying a droplet of water on it would have the same results. as pissing in the wind
I'm curious to see if it helps next time I encounter this issue I will try your droplet method and report back

It didn’t grow upside down did it? It was just the seed casing that was poking out the medium? When the seed casing is still on when it sprouts, it’s just because the seed wasn’t planted deep enough originally. The friction of the seed on the medium pulls the casing off. If it emerges with the seed still attached. Put a droplet of water on the seed casing long enough for the seed to absorb the moisture and it should pry right off. Be very careful not to damage the seedling when doing it, but it’s 100% safe.
Thank you the seeds popped through the soil this morning no helmet heads, just leaves :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yep... your right.

Who said anything about drowning it..? I suggested putting a droplet of water on it till it moistens the seed enough so it’s easier to pry it off with tweezers. :smokin:

Your right... naturally the tap root goes down. What’s the issue here? It was a question. I didn’t fully understand what she meant. There’s a member here that had two seeds in a row that twisted up before going down, and had to pull the plant out to turn it around.
I thought the seed wiggled to the top and it was not growing. Today it pushed up further through the soil and lost the seed

I've never tried your droplet of water, I was presuming after soaking my seeds in a glass of water for 24 hours before i sow wasn't enough to soften up, I would of thought by applying a droplet of water on it would have the same results. as pissing in the wind
I'm curious to see if it helps next time I encounter this issue I will try your droplet method and report back

Soaking of the seed loosens it enough to crack. While it’s in the medium it’s still moist, but after a few hours of the seed/seedling being emerged from the medium and exposed to air, it drys it out fast and makes it hard again. Having the droplet of water on just long enough to loosen up the grasp definitely helps. Please do, try and report back! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom