2nd Grow. Bag seed from some very purple bud. Pics inside.

CapWasHere

This is my second time around growing so I thought i'd keep a journal, as I wish I had with my first one. The seed was germinated using the paper towel method. It germinated in a few days and I planted it in a soil/worm castings mix. I was not able to get pictures until a few days ago right before the roommate went on a short vacation. This one was taken 4 days ago when he left.

9411.jpg

The roommate returned with the camera yesterday so we got these.

little11.jpg

little2.jpg

982.jpg

On my first grow light was supplied by the sun as it was just sitting in a window sill. It was nearly a month before we got a steady light for it, and i'm already seeing the differences. I'm also quite excited by the fact that the leaves all have very small white spots that make it look like its covered in frost. I don't have a good enough camera to get good pics, but it looks quite nice. The previous plant was also in that same container for a little more than a month. Much to my suprise today I happened to take a look underneath.

roots2.jpg

So this little guy has really taken off. It's earned the nickname around the house as "Little Badass." This time around i've also enclosed the plant around poster board to reflect light all round. Not only is this one signifigantly more bushy, but the stem is stronger, and the plant as a whole seems more healthy than my previous experience.

littlebox.jpg

So thats all i've got at this point. I'll be trying to keep this updated as things happen.

First I would transplant into a bigger pot. And make sure when you transplant into a new pot that the container is NOT clear! Light should never be able to penetrate to the roots. Second I would add some perlite to the soil.

First I would transplant into a bigger pot. And make sure when you transplant into a new pot that the container is NOT clear! Light should never be able to penetrate to the roots. Second I would add some perlite to the soil.

Transplant is going to happen on Wednesday and perlite is on the shopping list. I did not know that about the roots though, thanks for the heads up.

picresized_th_9112.jpg

picresized_th_1221213550_9113.jpg

Transplant done today. Got a perlite mix in there. For my first plant I used a miracle grow 8-7-6 from veg until a week or so ago when my Fox Farms Big Bloom showed up. Right now i'm also feeding this little one Fox Farms as well, so we shall see how it goes.

^
I think I'm gonna have to agree with this guy finally (lol), MG is horrible stuff, only cos it's so easy to overfeed. I use fish emulsion and seaweed extract (seasol) on my ladies, both at a rate of 1ml per L of water. Fish emulsh NPK is 9-2-6 so it's good for vegging. Plus it's full of rich organic ingredients :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looking great by the way :)

Looking good! I do see signs of nute burn if I'm not mistaken. This could be because of over feeding nutes. I'd cut back or change them if I were you.

Yeah that actually happened about a week ago when I was still getting a feel for a feeding schedule, but it hasn't spread since so I think i'm ok.

So my roommate convinced me to invest in a 150w HPS for our flowering girl after he found out they weren't all that expensive. What this means for my little one here is the addition of 2 more flouro fixtures on top of the current one.

IMAGE_00032.jpg

And some pictures taken today

IMAGE_00034.jpg

IMAGE_00033.jpg

And a top down shot of our flowering girl. Unfortunantly I only have my camera phone which really doesn't do it justice. She gets more and more frosty every day.

IMAGE_00031.jpg

Got a new camera today

Our little one isn't so little anymore

php4u2TkhAM.jpg

php9VBC97AM.jpg

And now our girl thats been in flowering for a little while now

php3HanNZAM.jpg

phpu9DpXkAM.jpg

Our vegging plant has now gotten to the point where the flouros won't reach from the top, so i've now got two running vertically along the sides and one on top for the time being. We're also looking at transplanting for the final time at some point next week.

I was going to say that the vegging plant looked like it was stretching, and the lights from the outside looked like they might too far from the plant, but it sounds like you have that covered now. How's the temperature in the box?

Looking healthy, for sure. :)

^ Lol! I think we're using the same pot. I think it had a sticker on it that said 17qts when I bought it from Wal-mart. It's the biggest cheapest pot they have.

Looking great!

@ Ms. Fox- Yep, that's where I got it! lol They had green and blue. I thought green would be more appropriate!
We decided to put it under 12/12 to go ahead and determine the sex.
Pray for us!

Back
Top Bottom