3 x Indica - LED & HPS

That's a big difference. Can't wait till I get the money save to buy a vent for mine. Right now I open the front of the tent and run the air conditioning. So I can run my led and 600hps in such a small space 2x3

Also on the tube at NoobGrow

Hey LEDBud

That UVB bug killer is going to do wonders for increasing the potency of your girls.

B]GreenFingers[/B]

Can't wait for that. And to fan her. So last week I should use only HPS or should I duel them? Maybe get the best of both worlds.!? if I could put them both close that would be great. And then I could put the LED hanging from the side of the tent to get those side/lower buds.

I was surprised by the high uvb output of the bulb , I bought the Zapper secondhand for $14 some years ago and finally checked the output yesterday. Who knew !

I wanted to start using the uvb bulb today until the end in 3 or 4 weeks , I think , I need to study up on it more thoroughly.

Hey LEDBud

That UVB bug killer is going to do wonders for increasing the potency of your girls. I had never considered one of those for UVB lighting before, I always used reptile UVBs or MH bulbs the last week of flower for increasing potency.

GreenFingers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thing is LED's and hps do not output uvb but using both light sources up close will encourage the plants to protect itself by filling the resin glands , imo

Can't wait for that. And to fan her. So last week I should use only HPS or should I duel them? Maybe get the best of both worlds.!? if I could put them both close that would be great. And then I could put the LED hanging from the side of the tent to get those side/lower buds.

The 6-inch axial fans I am using with the CoolTube and carbon scrubber were made for HVAC use.

I use them with step down converters for speed control , bought 5 of these off eBay for $50 delivered

fans_002.JPG

This one is mounted to a semi inner tube with a large commercial zip tie / zap strap

The Cure

This harvest I am going to cure / dry the branches @ 60% humidity , I read a article by a large med grower who advised to feed right up to harvest and cure the plants properly at a 60% humidity level rather then starving the plants for the last two weeks to curing them improperly at 50% humidity , as others so often advise

Method is

Hang the Bud in a 60% humidity environment with a fan running for air circulation

Once the Bud dries to 60% humidity itself it should be cured and ready to be stored in a *cool place*

In jars and burped etc.

I copied this from a Cigar website

Typically, for the most enjoyable smoking, a cigar should contain approximately 12-14% of its total weight in moisture. This corresponds to 60-70% relative humidity. “Relative humidity” (RH) is a measurement of the amount of moisture in the atmosphere compared with that of complete saturation, regardless of the temperature.

The primary criterion in proper cigar storage is achieving a stable relative humidity within this ideal 60%-70% RH range. The secondary requirement is to store the cigars at temperatures below 75 degrees Fahrenheit and, thirdly, in a darkened environment. Doing these three simple things allows your cigars to not only be stored well, but also to age well, resulting in cigars that will draw easily, burn steadily, and share their optimum flavor and nuances with your palate.

Crack !

I dropped the UVB bulb while cleaning the unit , luckily the hardware stores sell replacement bulbs and for $20

I found out the hard way the enclosure is used to hold the bulb in place ..

New plan is to use the enclosure , so I removed the grills from the front half of it and am adding in a reflector to the back half , so will be using it lantern style which works out well enough.

I'll update with a Photo after I pick up a new bulb.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Side Note the plants are doing well the Buds on the Cheese plant are getting Fat whereas the Fruity plants Buds are in a younger thinner stage but are a decent foot long at this point,

They are drinking 8L each per 24hrs. I am giving them 4L at lights off and 4L about 4 hours after lights on ,it just worked out this way for the next 3 weeks I want to start feeding them 2L every 6hrs. instead of 4L every 12hrs. They are in 10 Gallon / 45 liter pots that I try to keep wet/moist 24-7 its a coco peat blend
A shit mix of Pro Mix some Coco and peat , 3 brands.

& some black earth trademark top soil ,make that 4 brands of soil / soiless mix , a little of everything.

The Cure

This harvest I am going to cure / dry the branches @ 60% humidity , I read a article by a large med grower who advised to feed right up to harvest and cure the plants properly at a 60% humidity level rather then starving the plants for the last two weeks to curing them improperly at 50% humidity , as others so often advise

Method is

Hang the Bud in a 60% humidity environment with a fan running for air circulation

Once the Bud dries to 60% humidity itself it should be cured and ready to be stored in a *cool place*

In jars and burped etc.

I copied this from a Cigar website

Typically, for the most enjoyable smoking, a cigar should contain approximately 12-14% of its total weight in moisture. This corresponds to 60-70% relative humidity. “Relative humidity” (RH) is a measurement of the amount of moisture in the atmosphere compared with that of complete saturation, regardless of the temperature.

The primary criterion in proper cigar storage is achieving a stable relative humidity within this ideal 60%-70% RH range. The secondary requirement is to store the cigars at temperatures below 75 degrees Fahrenheit and, thirdly, in a darkened environment. Doing these three simple things allows your cigars to not only be stored well, but also to age well, resulting in cigars that will draw easily, burn steadily, and share their optimum flavor and nuances with your palate.

I have tried this before (feeding until 3days before harvest) and only ended up with "firecracker" weed

it seems everyone Cures in a 50% humidity environment until the bud dries to 50% humidity. Firecracker weed likes those conditions.

People *dry* their Bud in 7 days and call it cured , its not its dried and more nasty then need be.

I don't think most people know what a real cure is let alone how to do one , flash dried and jarred is all I see any one post.

I am learning about it now and I'm no amateur I bet we all could use some help in this area.

I am going to cure my Bud proper like this harvest I'll post the results , I hope it works as I'm smoking it till next grow n harvest.

It appeals to my common sense but we'll see ..

I will Dy in a 60% humidity room for approximately 14 days (or longer) then seal it up to check if the bud has dried to 60-62% humidity itself if not I'll leave it longer

Pretty simple hopefully its effective , it should be by all accounts.

it seems everyone Cures in a 50% humidity environment until the bud dries to 50% humidity. Firecracker weed likes those conditions.

People *dry* their Bud in 7 days and call it cured , its not its dried and more nasty then need be.

I don't think most people know what a real cure is let alone how to do one , flash dried and jarred is all I see any one post.

I am learning about it now and I'm no amateur I bet we all could use some help in this area.

I am going to cure my Bud proper like this harvest I'll post the results , I hope it works as I'm smoking it till next grow n harvest.

It appeals to my common sense but we'll see ..

I will Dy in a 60% humidity room for approximately 14 days (or longer) then seal it up to check if the bud has dried to 60-62% humidity itself if not I'll leave it longer

Pretty simple hopefully its effective , it should be by all accounts.

I have some Purple Trainwreck that's been in a jar for over a year now w/ a Boveda pack.....some of the strongest best smelling weed I've ever smoked........theres 65000 way's to skin a cat, you just have to do what works for you

And a thousand ways to ruin the cat skin ! :wood:

I started flushing this week with the water set to PH 5.7 , the plants are drinking it up like mad.

I flooded the pots out the other day 48hrs later they were bone dry in their 10 gal pots , they are going threw a bud growth spurt

I suspect they have enough nutrients left in the pots to last too harvest in about two weeks time.

I'll flush them again in 4 or 5 days and again before harvest.

I really enjoyed your post about using a silicate. I'm using it right now with my first grow and it's been great. Dyna-Gro brand.
I think it's largely responsible for whatever success I've had as a first-time grower. Healthy plants with strong, thick stems. I'm glad I sprung for it.

Which breeder is your cheese from?
I'm running one from Dinafem now in 2nd week of flower. I would love to have a reference.

hey lifted that's great to hear , post up a picture of your girls if have photos up on the site

sounds like the sheet mixed up good for you , I have not mixed up a new batch since the gel up episode .

Which reminds me I was going to do a ph 6.5 test with the silicates mix ( as directed on the label )

I am thinking the lower 5.8 PH I used help cause the gelling, well maybe. It may of been the additives in my water.

Shouldn't be long now !

I'm waiting for the top buds to mature , the larger mango plant buds have not swollen it may be two weeks more
The smaller cheese plant buds are fatter riper, i will likely harvest its top Buds next week.

Plan is to harvest the buds in stages as they ripen.

Sure do Gaffle its cola time , my favorite time !

The temperature levels off @ 85* in the tent , the 600w CoolTube adds about 5*f to the tents heat from 720w in led panels without changes to the exhaust fans speed.

I vent @ about 100cfm to maintain the high temps ( 85* is best for the led Par lighting)

The CoolTubes footprint is not liked by many growers. I bought them for cooling and found the footprint to be fine / adequate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
side note

With cannabis being legalized this upcoming April (Canada) I have been acquiring my equipment in preparation. Currently I'm saving for light movers

A few months ago I bought 3 of the 1000w Lumatek multi watt ballast's. More recently I picked up this 40A 120/240v GE Time Switch.

GE_15087_timer_switch.JPG

They call these hard wired timers mechanical time switches

Back
Top Bottom