3 x Indica - LED & HPS

9 Weeks

Cheese

9_weeks_0031.JPG

9_weeks_0011.JPG

I am going to harvest the Cheeses Top Buds after lights on later today.

9_weeks_008.JPG

Joint shot

9_weeks_004.JPG

Mango

9_weeks_010.JPG

The Mango's Buds are finally getting ripe and swollen , I'll likely harvest its Top Buds in 4 to 7 days

I have done both ways many times harvested the whole plant and harvested the top buds as they ripen
I found it would increase yield exponentially by harvesting the Buds in stages.

Doing so will give two sets of top buds instead of one

The set of buds under the ripe buds fatten right up as they get the plants full energy to ripen into larger more potent top bud.

Example, I can harvest 4 oz of top bud then grow the bottom half of the plant and harvest 6 more oz.

The Cheeses top buds have been harvested and weighed , its wet weight was 850g minus 80% for moisture leaves 170g / 6 oz dry

I left about 2.5 or 3 Oz on the plant

a quick scale shot before harvest

Cheeses_half_harvest_003.JPG

After

Cheeses_half_harvest_014.JPG

Cheeses_half_harvest_030.JPG

Cheeses_half_harvest_033.JPG

Cheeses_half_harvest_037.JPG

Cheeses_half_harvest_038.JPG

The one hand got covered grabbing buds that I scraped off with scissors and smoked , it was musky cheesy and hashy tasting leaving me zipped with a bright high

Cheeses_half_harvest_007.JPG

Thanks noobgrow , I snipped the buds and pulled the leaves off by hand in a split second all in one move and called it done.

The leaves took up half of a 4L ice cream bucket so it was pretty fast and painless.

The curing begins

That's good. What you using the trim for.? And are you gonna just save it up for the rest of the harvest and use it all at once?

Also on the tube at NoobGrow

Wet Bud weight weight vs the cured dry weight

I having been weighing my harvest wet and again when dry since I started growing and *always* find that 18 to 20% of the wet buds weight will be its cured dry weight.

For me this is without exception and always has been.

Yet somehow others are reporting online that they are getting 25% of the wet weight in dry buddage.

An example the cheeses Top buds wet weight came to 850gr here's it weight at different percentages.

18% = 5.4 oz
20% = 6 oz
25% = 7.6 oz

20% has been the highest dry percentage I have gotten time and time again and know anyone saying they are getting 25% is lying to themselves and everyone else.

not sure why maybe they don't know their weed is still wet ...then again people do lie about stupid shit

News flash: I made an error , I forgot to subtract one of the ice-cream buckets weight from the two buckets of Bud I weighed.

I should have subtracted an additional 98gr from the wet buds weight before doing the conversion.

The top bud wet weight converted is now 5.34 oz @ 20% or 4.83 oz @ 18%

The pile looked a little light which got me back tracking to the paper work and the error.

Tomorrow the cheeses mini top buds will be harvested and the very bottom will be left for an additional week

I was going to reveg the cheese but due to its so so harvest will chop it instead.

The mango is looking like it will reach a pound , after harvest I plan to Reveg it cut a few clones and flower her one more time.

Update tomorrow

The Cheeses Top Buds were harvested 7 days ago in that short time the lower Buds filled out solid and stickily.

Cheese_harvest_2_036.JPG

I have just finished harvesting the lower buds they totaled 99gr or 3.5 oz @ 20% or 3.17oz @ 18% moisture.
I chopped her down after snipping the Buds off

This brings the total to a mediocre 8 oz

The previously harvested Top buds are curing to a beautiful dark golden color in their first week. Currently they are in a smaller tote that I am cycling the lid on and off with.

Back
Top Bottom