300w LED - Sunset Kush

Re: 420 Cannasumer Reports - GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Sunset Kush by Setting S

Can this inline be used with a speed controler like the speedster? I was gonna get a s&p for my 2x2x5 tent but if this fan is quite and can be turned down I will get it
I know the S&P wont work with a speed controller
Irish, Panasonic makes some very quiet in-line fans. I'm using a 240cmf 6" unit that draws 56w, and has a noise rating of 1.4 sones. It's hard to tell it's on :)

:peace:
thanks!:thumb:

Re: 420 Cannasumer Reports - GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Sunset Kush by Setting S

My 4" wind tunnel has been working fine with this one.... Fantech Variable Speed Fan Control... Hope that helps..

Some good fan talk.

Thanks for your feedback on the Sunleaves fan, dogs. I'm probably going to get one, especially if it works well with a speed control, because I'd like more control over ventilation and temps.

I concur, Irish, the S&P's do *not* work with speed controls. They do run *very* quietly at full speed, however, so there's no need to dial them down. I do want to have the variable speed option, so I was disappointed when the S&P's weren't compatible.

Thanks Horse, for the recommendation for the Panasonic Whisperline fans! I was checking them out today and they would be another excellent option for cooling a grow space quietly and efficiently.

I need to sell some stuff on ebay so I can get a couple of those 200cfm 4" Windtunnels, lol.

I need to sell some stuff on ebay so I can get a couple of those 200cfm 4" Windtunnels, lol.

i agree. i have extra vent fans, a closet full of led grow lights that i dont use. shit some never been open.lol.. a crap load of extra nutes.. a brand new CFL fixture and bulb i only used for a few hours. i wish i had use for that one because i spent around $125.00 lol.

ebay sounds good to me.:thumb:

IMG_6524.JPG
IMG_6518.JPG
IMG_6526.JPG

on the job ;)

especially if you're a small furry creature ;).

I'm gonna chop the girls tonight. They slowed way down on their drinking and are in decline.

I probably let them go a bit longer than I wanted, but it's an indica-dom, so the buzz should be nice and heavy.

I'll take one last set of pics before I chop and update tonight.

We live in a self-regulating environment, even though we might disagree on where that regulation originates.

the pendulum always seems to swing back with enough energy to correct things

Can't wait for harvest pics SS!! Congrats! You have a couple of sexy ladies on your hands!

Very well played!

-Go

Harvest is done.

These two plants were a pleasure to trim compared to my last
harvest. Mostly long colas and just a few small buds.

The colas are solid, heavy and sticky. I think I had the light down a bit too low through most of bloom, and that's why the top of the colas seemed to be lacking in trichs. That is not the case a bit farther down.

Trimmed them fairly close because I'm going to do a run of bubble hash, and I wanted lots of sugar trim.

I took some pics last night, but was too tired to post them. I'll post a bunch of harvest pics tonight!

I'll hazard a guess on yield, but it could be way off.

Shrub - 2.0 oz
Vicky - 3.5 oz

I didn't weigh them wet or anything, so that's just a wild-assed guess ;)

Congrats SS.

I think I need a light meter. I read an intersting article saying plants stop photosynthesis at 5500 FC. So some of us, may be giving our plants more light than they can handle at a point.

Fine tuning my friend...it's the best part!

-Go

Congrats SS.

I think I need a light meter. I read an intersting article saying plants stop photosynthesis at 5500 FC. So some of us, may be giving our plants more light than they can handle at a point.

Fine tuning my friend...it's the best part!

-Go

This is the LUX/FC meter I got.
DIGITAL LIGHT METER 200,000 LUX TESTER FC PHOTO CAMERA - eBay (item 290473544602 end time Oct-08-10 21:nomo:52 PDT)

Not from this vendor, but this meter.

SS, congrats on the completed harvest. Your dog is super cute!

right on.. can you post a pic with a coke or beer can next to one of the bigger buds so we can have something to compare the size to? whats your guess on the weight?

cant wait to here a report on the buds once their dry.. congrats on pulling off a very nice grow.. :goodjob:

Can't wait for harvest pics SS!! Congrats! You have a couple of sexy ladies on your hands!

Very well played!

-Go

Thanks guys!

considering the LR2 fiasco, I'm really happy this grow went to completion.

I've learned a lot about how to position the Spectra 300, and lots of other stuff through the discussion.

This was a great "shake down" cruise in preparation for the LED/HID comparison grow.

preliminary smoke report is *very* favorable :ganjamon:

Nice! I got one on ebay very similar to that one.

SS, congrats on the completed harvest. Your dog is super cute!

Thanks Munki!

He's quite a character, and a wonderful dog. We got him as a rescue when he was 9 months old because he kept digging holes in the previous owner's yard.

He's a Jack Russell. Bred specifically to dig up and kill vermin. You can't train that out of them, and it's ignorant and cruel to punish a dog for doing what it's supposed to do.

I built him a nice sandbox, problem solved ;)

take care my friend ;)

Lurker, bmarduk-

It'd probably be best if most of today's manufacturers didn't stick them all in a small hot puck and end up reproducing many of the inefficiencies inherent in today's point source lighting systems (like HIDs), though. Too bad it takes money to do most things properly when engineering for truly effective products...

In the debate of point source lighting vs. panelized lighting, I would counter that both the pics of the plants as well as the visual on the Inverse Square Law would tend to indicate that a pont source light would be more advantageous than the panelized lighting typical of the LED fixtures commonly available. There are, of course, advantages to either, however since you can easily adjust intensity with LED the ability to pull the light source away from the plants without ISL penalty the greatest advantage would tends to indicate towards point source. From an LED standpoint however, thermal density issues associated with such a design are much more complex- it aint happening with a metal core PCB and chunk of aluminum.

Who's fixure is shown in these pics???

Breaking LED news!

Durham, N.C. – Cree Inc. (Nasdaq: CREE) announced Monday that it would build a new production line inside its Durham plant, creating 244 jobs by 2013.

Gov. Beverly Perdue, U.S. Sens. Richard Burr and Kay Hagan and congressmen David Price and Brad Miller were at the company's headquarters Monday afternoon for the economic development announcement.

The new production line will produce semiconductor wafers used to make light-emitting diodes that are more than twice the size of those Cree now makes, company officials said. That will make LEDs, which are far more energy-efficient than incandescent light bulbs, more cost-effective, they said.

Perdue said in a statement that the company would invest $135 million in the Durham plant.

"Cree is proof that investing in innovation works," Cree Chairman and Chief Executive Chuck Swoboda said. "We are proudly building the world's brightest and most efficient LEDs right here in Durham."

Last week, Durham County commissioners approved $2 million in tax incentives for Cree. The company said it also was considering locations in China and Malaysia for a $392 million LED plant.

The state Economic Investment Committee also voted Monday to award the company a Job Development Investment Grant, which allows it to receive a refund of up to 60 percent of the state withholding taxes paid on the new jobs. If Cree meets the JDIG's annual performance targets, it could receive more than $2.2 million over 10 years, state officials said.

"These incentives were enough to kind of balance those scales and make it, frankly, at the end of the day, the obvious choice to expand here in Durham," Swoboda said.

The average annual salary for the new jobs will be $42,726, plus benefits. The average salary in Durham County is $57,772.

"These are important jobs, and one reason they are so important is this is a broad range of jobs," Durham County Manager Mike Ruffin said, noting some will go to engineers and others to production line workers.

An announcement from Hagan's office noted that Cree receives $39 million in federal economic stimulus funds as an "advanced energy manufacturing tax credit." The money supported another expansion at Cree.

Cree was founded in 1987 in Durham by former North Carolina State University students and now employs more than 1,700 in the Triangle.

SS, great, informative journalling on an exceptionally interesting subject(s) ;)

Thanks for sharing your time and effort :goodjob:

Is there a new one started yet, or ya going for a breather?

SS, great, informative journalling on an exceptionally interesting subject(s) ;)

Thanks for sharing your time and effort :goodjob:

Is there a new one started yet, or ya going for a breather?

Thanks for posting that news about Cree and where they're going. That's very exciting, especially in this economy. More jobs, cheaper and brighter lights, it's all good ;).

This is the other grow I've been running concurrent with this one:

300W LED vs. 400W HID Demonstration

The first group of PPP clones are ready to go, so I'm going to split them off and start that comparison asap.

I may take a breather from doing a journal for a while after that one is done, but I doubt I'll take a breather from growing ;).

Back
Top Bottom