3x300W LED, Purple Kush, Scrog, Soil, Grow

Came home this weekend to a much bigger set of plants.. Happy with the growth as they're now starting to really grow. here's a 4 day compare.

and a time lapse ;p

[video]

Tonight’s update brought to you by the return of the Fungal Gnarts..

I guess they just live in this apt.. I cleaned the entire tent top to bottom.. it was empty for a week or 3. And I’m using all new soil. . ah well.. I’ll take this over other problems to have ;p

I was going to train all three tonight but after getting in and looking.. I am only going to do 1.. as the other two aren't quite their yet. which make me wonder if it's a 5w LED vs the 3W as Juanita was the late replacement. I'll keep note of this more through the entire grow. 5w LED's are more direct coverage as the 3w.. or so I'm reading.

I also watered..
3Gallons PH’d to 6.2 and 380ppm. 2G to wet soil. and 1G across all three to flush.

The Ro was
N:1020 5w led
L: 1050 3w led
J: 1080 5w led but replaced seed

Which goes right with what I'm thinking.. the 5w is doing better. will just have to wait to see growth. I'm going to wait till the RO water gets a little lower before I do another feeding.

And the somewhat training starting here.. I've got quiet a few side nodes.. which I hope will fill/bush this scrog right up

And from this full view.

And I also raised the LED's almost to the top to try to get some height going.

hopefully by weeks end I'll be able to train all three

Hey man great looking grow! I ran my first grow in a similar sized tent with 3 of the exact light fixtures. Ended up yielding 185 grams. I had 6 plants and think my yield was a little impacted as they started to compete for the light. I have a feeling you will be doing quite a bit better with your current setup.

Hey man great looking grow! I ran my first grow in a similar sized tent with 3 of the exact light fixtures. Ended up yielding 185 grams. I had 6 plants and think my yield was a little impacted as they started to compete for the light. I have a feeling you will be doing quite a bit better with your current setup.

my last grow net'd around 3oz.. or 85grams.. between 3 random plants.. so ya.. I'd be happy with 186g ;p

It's odd how time flys when you're in the LED light.. it's now Week 5 of growth. or Day 32-35 depending on how you look at it.

These PK's are bushy lil plants. every node has a new stalk and they even have new stalks on some.. Ive only snipped the tops off these once.. I took Nol out of the wires and was going to use pipe cleaners.. but after seeing all the new growth .. well I am just goin to let set till I can get some actual length.. they're certainly FULL in size.

I will be watering tonight and if need be I'll pull the big fan leaves around to shed more light onto the lower nodes.. but here's an updated photo.

10_221.jpg

I also was reading about LED and gray cards.. so purchased me some of those cards.. as well as some of the Operator glasses. Anything that can get rid of the Pink Glow is well worth the money!

Gave a full watering of 6.5ph / 401ppm (CalMag) 8cups each. Let set for a few mins then gave 4c to get RO water which measured 1020 1100 1300. No Feeding this time.

I did however add in three more yellow gnat sticks. I want to get these suckers before they even care to live.

Frame_2015-10-22_16-50-17.jpg

Lookin good! :thumb: When are you planning on switching to flower? Hopefully you can get rid of those gnats first! Looks like you are making good progress.

thank ya.. I'm trying to keep this as clean and simple as possible. My ultimate plan is to have enough canopy to cover the entire scrog.. My guess is month 3 or 4. but this is only my second grow and first real seeds (of a known strain that is) .. so I'll just wait and see how these plants do. so far they're impressing me with growth.. now as long as that keeps up! ;P but if they stay squat like this.. there may be no need to scrog..

Frame_2015-10-23_09-21-31.jpg

Overnight update.. you can see the diff. these plants really do like the grow! and you can see that lil black dot.. GNAT! ;p

I have a feeling that those plants will fill out the net faster than you think. They will probably be ready for it to go on in a week or so.

Looks like your scrog net has wider holes than mine. That is definitely a good thing as mine are currently only 2" which makes tucking a huge pain sometimes. I would maybe think about starting some LST rather soon to bush them out and get them ready for the scrog net.

I have a feeling that those plants will fill out the net faster than you think. They will probably be ready for it to go on in a week or so.

Looks like your scrog net has wider holes than mine. That is definitely a good thing as mine are currently only 2" which makes tucking a huge pain sometimes. I would maybe think about starting some LST rather soon to bush them out and get them ready for the scrog net.

ya.. mine are 2" holes too.. or there abouts.. the lines are not solid so they can widen / shrink if need be. I just wove them to make them easier to maneuver

Method Seven Operator Glasses arrived this weekend.. they .. are mind blowing to say the least..

20151025_161825_resized.jpg
20151025_161829_resized.jpg

It's night and day difference. Well worth the $75 for them.

12_26.jpg

Plants have really filled in this past week so tonight I'm hoping to be able to give a feeding and or do some training.

Lastnight I was able to do the start of the real LST. I also did some FIM on a few of each tops and bent them down to get some more going. Ontop of all this I also started on feeding.. I took a RO reading of in the 600's so figured it was time to replenish and get some boost going.. I gave each 4c+lil of a 1G mix of

5ml Calmag
1ml Sili
5ml Micro/Grow/Bloom

which came out in the 1010ppm and RO was around there as well.

20151026_171940.jpg
20151026_171930.jpg
20151026_171925.jpg
20151026_171916.jpg
20151026_171859.jpg
20151026_171911.jpg
20151026_171841.jpg

and this morning everyone looks quite happy..

10_27_15.jpg

And what would a post be without a timelapse!

[video]

Readjusted the ties to bring them back down some.. down girls! I think I'll plop the scrog weave in there next week and tie off to that more so so I can start getting some fillage.. no idea if this fill in like I imagine or if it'll just be more support.. either way.. yes. there will be bud! ;P but I'll for sure keep updating =)

10_27.jpg

Looks like you have enough tops to drop the net. Be prepared to spend lots of time weaving and pruning. I noticed I had to take a few leaves off of mine as they have filled the scrog to prevent overcrowding and shaded growth shoots. Feel free to check out my thread if you want to see how I have been doing the scrog. It is my first time but I have been doing lots of research.

Looks like you have enough tops to drop the net. Be prepared to spend lots of time weaving and pruning. I noticed I had to take a few leaves off of mine as they have filled the scrog to prevent overcrowding and shaded growth shoots. Feel free to check out my thread if you want to see how I have been doing the scrog. It is my first time but I have been doing lots of research.

already had you in my bookmarks ;p hoping to have some nice new shoots when I get home today so i can judge the next topping / if its time to drop the net in.. I'd like to get some height on these plants.. I gave them pep talk lastnight.. I don't think they listened though

Back
Top Bottom