3x300W LED, Purple Kush, Scrog, Soil, Grow

transplant comes tomorrow or Thursday depending on the dryness.. I can see roots coming up the sides and they're all three looking mighty good.. they're squat looking.. that's for sure.. hoping they'll pick up some height after a transplant

10_6.jpg

Just an update on my original grow.. as I mentioned it in my first post.. 3.4oz from 3 diff unknown strains. so the bar has been set to see how this new grow will do.. but 3oz from these 3 LED's is a ok by me.. tonight I will be transplanting into the final 3g POTs. I'm skipping the 1G pots. Not really wanting to transplant again.

Tonight's transplant has worn the pot monster out..

I did indeed end up skipping the 1G pots and just going with the 3G final pots. I don't want to deal with another transplant so I'll just have to watch the watering until a good root structure forms. I had great success doing so in my last grow so I'm hopeful this works the same.

For soil ratio I did the same as the solo cup mix.
2part OF
2part FF HF
1part Perlite.
each pot took about 25solo cups total + a cup or three of extra to top off after water saturation

After filling each pot I gave each a 2 gallon watering as the soil has dried out from being dormant in the apt. I filled a 5g bucket up.. took the PH. (6.7) and poured / recycled onto all three pots.. figured why use clean water.. it's new dirt.. I even did a dry run of the draining system. Which ended up with a flood.

so after a quick side trip to the market for new pans.. Problem was solved.

Here's a sneak peak to the screen.. I've redone this guy a good 3 times.. I think this will be the final though.. ;p each square moves but should be 2" each

Once I get some height I'll install that.

I also move the fan up to the top as there is no room left for him on the lower level

My original plan of being able to slide the pans out and in isn't exactly how I wanted.. but I'll make it work.. I've got to make a trip to the lumber yard this weekend.. as the spice containers are only a quick fix.

Now onto the plants.. which with the transplant.. I did the same as my previous run.. I pulled the top most leaves down and scraped off the very top node with a blade. I am not sure if this is a FIM or a topping method.. I just know I had great success the last time I did it..

Here's a view of all the roots.. I think they look darn good

Ontop of the soil I added clay pellets to help keep the soil from eroding and shifting.. they worked just as expected..

I've also turned on all three LED's.. so let the fun begin!

Had to move the camera this again.. the camera just doesn't like the hue of the lights changing so it screws with the photo color..

so I am going to try just one plant for now.. here's a 7hr timelapse..

[video=youtube;_ai-gaFKWhM]
[/video]

Streeeeetch!

I noticed the lower leaves of two of the plants (the original seeds) are starting to show signs of their def.. I'm guessing that's because they were there when before I started adding the calmag to the water.. I figured I wouldn't need to supplement with the soil but lesson learned.. I am not to worried as I went through this the least grow too.. the new growth all looks great.

I just did a calmag water this time but next water I'm going to start in on adding some nutrients.

20151011_173537.jpg
20151011_173533.jpg
20151011_173530.jpg

I also took some lux readings of the LED's..
20151009_164542.jpg
20151009_164536.jpg
20151009_164530.jpg

Since these lights and this camera do not want to play nice.. I moved the cam to one plant in hopes to get some type of Time Lapse of the grow ;p I'll move up once there is more Green so the camera doesn't go all Pink.

I did my first feeding today. 1G of water across the three pots.. no water seeped out.. so I may need to up the watering next time.. will see how this goes.

in 1G of water I did 5ml of Calmag -> 1ml of Sili 5ml each of the Micro - Gro - Bloom. ppm came out to 995ppm. Being as this would be my first real feeding.. hopefully they like it. and not throw me attitude. ;) PH was also 6.5ish

2015-10-12_16-37-52_459.jpg

I also pulled off two of the yellow leaves on this one. they fell off more than pulled.

It always makes me nervous when I see how these plants look like after watering.. this video is from when I watered lastnight to this morning.. you can see the leaves droop but pick right back up after the night cycle. and you can see the growth..

[video]

Day 24 (I think) of foliage.. I am not sure if this is good or slow.. but I think they're looking right in line with my last grow.. aside from being short and stout. One thing I'm noticing and will confirm tomorrow afternoon is how these plants grow.. they stretch and grow till close to end of light cycle and then relax.. before starting strong.. is rather neat to watch in time lapse.. yep.. there will be a new one tomorrow ;P

20151013_205221.jpg
20151013_205236.jpg
20151013_205240.jpg
20151013_205247.jpg
20151013_205249.jpg

You can also see the new growth from the nodes.. which is exactly what I was looking for. not looking for height.. looking for fullness.

[video]

And as I suspected.. The stretch happens.. then they relax for the night.. you can clearly see the relax and stretch.. rather cool.. however.. my tent is not.. 96ºF currently.. oops.. lets just say the Pot Monster moved a towel and it is preventing cool air from entering. Not to worry.. when I get home.. Pot Monster will get a talking to and the towel will be moved. ;p

Just gave them a decent watering.. 6.4ph 420ppm water which had 5ml of Calmag. I used 2g between the three till I saw dripping.. then let set. And followed up with another gallon over the three to flush out the salts. RO water is reading 1700-2100ppm so they should have plenty of nutrients from my previous watering and the soil.

I also removed the spice containers and lifted up with 2x2s which is much more sturdy.

20151015_143410.jpg

20151015_143428.jpg
20151015_143425.jpg
20151015_143415.jpg

and some non pink photos ;)

20151015_145934.jpg
20151015_150258.jpg
20151015_150254.jpg
20151015_150246.jpg

aside from the lower leaves.. all things lookin good. I noticed a little yellow on one of the tips but I'm not to worried about that.

All three are starting to show some signs of growth.. even though they're still squatty.. I moved the LEDs up even higher to see if that helps. I also cut off the main top of one plant as it just wasn't filling in right. but all the side nodes are looking nice

20151016_174159.jpg
20151016_174147.jpg
20151016_174133.jpg

The under sides are filling in nicely as well.. now if only to get some height

20151016_174216.jpg

Back
Top Bottom