4 Strains: 630W LEC CMH

Do you check your runoff for ppm & ph ? Mine's been high lately !! 1000ppm going in, 2200ppm drain ? So yesterday I cut back to 800ppm, and will use that for a few days. I hate changing feeding schedule, as my plants are saying give me more daddy, and very well developed for 4 weeks old , today. I did do a slurry test and ppm & ph was in limits !!

Hey sp. I know some check ppm and ph of what's going in and out but I never got that dialed in. For me when I would check my runoff ph I would have issues because I would try to fix the ph. It never came out the same as what I put in. I don't think it was broken though and my corrections would actually be making things worse. I don't even check ppm of my water. I base it off the suggested amount on the back. I start at 1/4 strength and as the plant turns lighter I bump up more. This next grow I will have to check runoff but only because my fertilizer and ph adjustment are top dressed into the coco. You can try giving it a nutrient flush and seeing how your next feeds ppm looks but the plants look excellent

Hey sp. I know some check ppm and ph of what's going in and out but I never got that dialed in. For me when I would check my runoff ph I would have issues because I would try to fix the ph. It never came out the same as what I put in. I don't think it was broken though and my corrections would actually be making things worse. I don't even check ppm of my water. I base it off the suggested amount on the back. I start at 1/4 strength and as the plant turns lighter I bump up more. This next grow I will have to check runoff but only because my fertilizer and ph adjustment are top dressed into the coco. You can try giving it a nutrient flush and seeing how your next feeds ppm looks but the plants look excellent
:thanks: And I think so too, I'm just edgey and looking for something to go wrong. But the more I read about coco, high ppm is no big deal in coco. I don't think cult even checks his runoff, unless the plants show a problem. I just don't want to lose this crop !! And I want to maximize it !!
IMG_165130.JPG
IMG_165032.JPG

Looks gorgeous! Yeah cult is super dialed in with ec and stuff. I don't have a need to be that dialed in. Cult some how manages minimal runoff. I could understand in a grow op trying to minimize loss but for me and 4 plants I don't care to be that exact. But if you want to check the runoff. Do you water to runoff wait 5* min then water again but this time catch the runoff and measure that. The first wave is the flush the second will be more accurate

:thanks: And I think so too, I'm just edgey and looking for something to go wrong. But the more I read about coco, high ppm is no big deal in coco. I don't think cult even checks his runoff, unless the plants show a problem. I just don't want to lose this crop !! And I want to maximize it !!
IMG_165130.JPG
IMG_165032.JPG
They look amazing don't you love the cmh bulb, i just got the new air cooled sealed hood sunsystem lec cmh 315. I am running a 4k bulk but wish it was a 3k, mixed with 1000 watt hps its a great spectrum all around, i rotate plants around so footprint is evenly given to all of them. I am thinking bout going out and buying a 3k bulb but want at least one run with the 4i first

How do you like the blue dream? Looking to get something different at BD could be a choice.
Blue dream is a big producer, at least the strain of BD, that I've got. Got a real fruity taste & smell, and the strain I have is a good day time smoke. I smoke blue dream , most of the day, and then change to Krippy, and just before bedtime, I go to the pineapple chunk, But I got this from a guy that had done all the leg work and got the best strain, of 10 seeds he bought, and revegged that plant. just like the WW you have, one will be better than all the rest, and it's up to you to test before chopping down the tree. find the one that suits your desire, and reveg. it. Just leave a few pop corn buds and leaves on bottom of plant, change it's food back to veg nutes., & set it in the corner of the veg tent, or better yet, by a sunny window. And about 6 weeks later you can clone it. Be advised that some strains will never go back to veg. state, once bloomed. But most will !! Out of those 4 plants you're harvesting, one is better, than the others, It's your job to test and find it.

They look amazing don't you love the cmh bulb, i just got the new air cooled sealed hood sunsystem lec cmh 315. I am running a 4k bulk but wish it was a 3k, mixed with 1000 watt hps its a great spectrum all around, i rotate plants around so footprint is evenly given to all of them. I am thinking bout going out and buying a 3k bulb but want at least one run with the 4i first
I do love the 630 lec, but I'm not thrilled with it not being air cooled !! It covers the 4x4 tent completely, even in the corners . i'm useing it as a stand alone light with one 3100 and one 4200. keep it green !!

I got a air cooled version it just came out 8" ducting needed and it will be able to be used in hot months easy

What an awesome journal Slow. I really want to know what light you're using, it is quite bright. but those plants look super healthy and vigorous compared to the previous run. Although you grew some tasty looking plants. Especially that Bubba. I can't wait to see how this run turns out. :goodjob:

I'm interested in the cmh! I was looking into making cobs for my 4x4. I like that your 600 watt cmh covers your tent well. I'm using about 800 watts total in led. Does anyone know how cmh compares to a cob grow light?
i went into the store to buy led light and the guy at the counter sold me on this light. I'm hoping Nanalux comes out with an after market air cooled hood. As there's no way this light could be used without air conditioning, and if I got to do that, then i may as well go to the despensory and buy some uncured, over fertilized, pesticide infected, pot !! I got the 400w hps, so i can grow a little with that, this summer . Those cobs are f nice in the summer !!

Welcome GWB !! This is my 2d. run with it, so If i can control the heat, I think It will work in the cold months.

That is why i like the CMHs like the Sunplix and Growers Choice, dimmable below 315 or 630 and boostable above that. I got a 315 for now, but my plan is to get 5 more 315's and do a 6x9 flower chamber with 2 rows of 3 in a 3' x 3'grid.

Then grab the double lamp 630 for my 4x4 to veg with and dial it down if i need to but get the nicer spread of 2 lamps.

Sunplixdual630.png

You can also mount and run the ballasts remotely to cut down on heat which i also like.

Back
Top Bottom