4 x White Widow Hydro

I got to 1.7 in veg mode last time. I most likely only have a few days left in veg mode before I change the cycle. I suspect they can take even more in flowering mode. That's when they really have aggressive growth.
I suspect your larger lights may have something to do with that, the extra heat as well. I will be pushing the limits with EC. as well as height of my light this go around. My four girls are going in the new system today or tomorrow and will get their first nutes at that time.

Height is a big limit for me. Last time the plants got to 17" when i flipped the cycle. They got to 44" at the end. I just had enough room for the lights.
Heat is not an issue for me even though I have two 1000W HID lights. They are air cooled, 6" inline fan pulling through them. They burn a lot of power but they put out gobs of light as well. I keep the tent at around 75-78'

EC is easy, just start moderate and keep upping it till you see some burn on the tips. Then move back to your previous rate and you have maxed out on the nute mix for your setup.

Height is a big limit for me. Last time the plants got to 17" when i flipped the cycle. They got to 44" at the end. I just had enough room for the lights.
Heat is not an issue for me even though I have two 1000W HID lights. They are air cooled, 6" inline fan pulling through them. They burn a lot of power but they put out gobs of light as well. I keep the tent at around 75-78'

EC is easy, just start moderate and keep upping it till you see some burn on the tips. Then move back to your previous rate and you have maxed out on the nute mix for your setup.
Are your lights inside a glass tube, is that how the fan pulls away the heat?

Are your lights inside a glass tube, is that how the fan pulls away the heat?

Yes they are. I have a large carbon filter in the room. The 6" line is hooked up to that, then runs through the two lights and then out of the house.

20190315_125441.jpg

Yes they are. I have a large carbon filter in the room. The 6" line is hooked up to that, then runs through the two lights and then out of the house.

20190315_125441.jpg
Nice set up. I use LED so no heat to speak of. I have to make heat at this time of the year. Probably the biggest expense for a winter grow for me.

All looking good this morning. The EC was going back and forth between 1.8 and 1.9 yesterday, but has settled out @ 1.9 now.
Ph @ 5.8, water temp @ 68', tent is @ 76'

Will keep a good watch on leaves to see how the plants handle EC 1.9 They are growing fast now and look great. Secondary shoots are taking off since the FIM.

20190328_090951.jpg

Two days into moving EC up to 1.9 (1330 ppm) and plants seem to be loving it. Showing no burnt tips on leaves. I will stay at this level for a couple more days. Next time I need to add water I will move EC up again if no burnt leave tips showing.

I am curious now to how far I can push EC. Only one sure fire way to find out. :p

Ph @ 5.8, water temp @ 70'. I just turned down the water heater a tad. I would prefer being in mid to high 60's as opposed to 70' or higher.

20190329_083306.jpg

Two days into moving EC up to 1.9 (1330 ppm) and plants seem to be loving it. Showing no burnt tips on leaves. I will stay at this level for a couple more days. Next time I need to add water I will move EC up again if no burnt leave tips showing.

I am curious now to how far I can push EC. Only one sure fire way to find out. :p

Ph @ 5.8, water temp @ 70'. I just turned down the water heater a tad. I would prefer being in mid to high 60's as opposed to 70' or higher.

20190329_083306.jpg
My tds uses the Hanna scale noticed you used the truncheon scale . I got the chart from the @Rifleman when he down loaded all those charts for us in hydro.

I don't think it matters if you use EC or ppm as long as you keep records of what you are doing and the corresponding changes in the plants.

When I started out I wasn't sure what conversion rate to use. I have not bothered to get a hold of GH to see if they recommend one or the other. Using EC I don't have to know.

...........I don't think it matters if you use EC or ppm as long as you keep records of what you are doing and the corresponding changes in the plants.

I preach this all the time. You can't keep too many notes.

Water level falling a little quicker every day now as they get bigger.
Reservoir is @ EC 1.9, ph 5.8, water temp is 69', tent temp is 76'

Did a very minor trim on the bottom of the girls. Two tallest girls are at 12"

20190331_095229.jpg
20190331_095259.jpg
20190331_095216.jpg

Added 20 liters today @ EC 2.3, ph 5.7
This brought the overall reservoir EC to 2.0, ph sitting at 5.8, water temp is 70'

Still no burnt leaf tips. I can't be trying hard enough. :p
Next addition to reservoir will rectify that. :oops:
I don't have much time before I must flip them.

Got to say I am not a fan of those massive fan leaves. They block too much light imho. I am slowly ridding the plants of them. They have plenty of other leaves to get done what must be done I think.

20190401_170217.jpg

Added 20 liters today @ EC 2.3, ph 5.7
This brought the overall reservoir EC to 2.0, ph sitting at 5.8, water temp is 70'

Still no burnt leaf tips. I can't be trying hard enough. :p
Next addition to reservoir will rectify that. :oops:
I don't have much time before I must flip them.

Got to say I am not a fan of those massive fan leaves. They block too much light imho. I am slowly ridding the plants of them. They have plenty of other leaves to get done what must be done I think.

20190401_170217.jpg
Tuck them under , if it was Bassman59 them babies would have been scalped by now !:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom